[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks extending their coaching search...
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/9/2020  7:22 PM
wargames wrote:Told ya’ll Kidd was a legit dark horse candidate.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/06/jason-kidd-bond-with-giannis-antetokounmpo-adds-to-complicated-knicks-coaching-candidacy/

With that said it’s Berman so we got to see, this is lower tier Knicks Journalism when it comes to sources.

Like I said before, if the main driving force behind hiring Kidd is because we want a seat when Giannis's free agent table becomes available, it will prove that despite the new faces and names in the front office, things still remain the same at MSG.

IF Kidd is hired, it needs to be because the Knicks believe he is the best coaching candidate to help this franchise move forward. Rose mentioned that he wants a coach that can work with the front office. Keep in mind, Kidd made a play for Billy King's job according to the article. And it was said that his refusal to take input from others in the organization (Milwaukee) was one of the reasons he was fired. Hopefully. this was discuss during the zoom meeting....

AUTOADVERT
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

7/9/2020  7:32 PM
Uptown wrote:
wargames wrote:Told ya’ll Kidd was a legit dark horse candidate.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/06/jason-kidd-bond-with-giannis-antetokounmpo-adds-to-complicated-knicks-coaching-candidacy/

With that said it’s Berman so we got to see, this is lower tier Knicks Journalism when it comes to sources.

Like I said before, if the main driving force behind hiring Kidd is because we want a seat when Giannis's free agent table becomes available, it will prove that despite the new faces and names in the front office, things still remain the same at MSG.

IF Kidd is hired, it needs to be because the Knicks believe he is the best coaching candidate to help this franchise move forward. Rose mentioned that he wants a coach that can work with the front office. Keep in mind, Kidd made a play for Billy King's job according to the article. And it was said that his refusal to take input from others in the organization (Milwaukee) was one of the reasons he was fired. Hopefully. this was discuss during the zoom meeting....

That is a good point. You would hope to hear that their was a turn around in his approach to management when on the Lakers.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/9/2020  8:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/9/2020  8:56 PM
Knicks interviewed innovative offensive minded Bulls assistant Chris Fleming yesterday. The more I read about him, the more I like...This is a long read, but it breaks down Flemings offensive philosophy with videos....

The video break down also points why Lauri struggled this year....

https://www.blogabull.com/2019/11/11/20940318/chris-fleming-the-bulls-offense-and-the-power-of-habit

wargames

7/9/2020  8:54 PM
They also interviewed Thibs today as well
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/13/2020  3:00 PM

Hope we find out the winner soon

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/15/2020  1:46 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
wargames

7/15/2020  3:22 PM
martin wrote:

I am sorry can he compare Kidd to Thibs last job with the Wolves?

Thibs **** the bed, but no one is up in arms because he is likely to be hired due to nepotism. Honestly, I am done with this team if they hire Thibs. I can’t stand Nepotism, it’s literally a recipe for disaster.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/15/2020  10:07 PM
Remember When Pete Carroll sucked in the NFL?
Or when Joe Torre was fired from his first two MLB gigs for sucking?
Remember when Larry Brown went to the finals twice then too the knicks gig?
do we really want to indict Thibs for just one season and not the circumstances? Thibs vs. Paxton and Foreman, and crazy dumb Glen Taylor? Thibs role of power would not be the same here as it was in Minny.
Thibs has a common trait of intensity that has delivered. Can it be harnessed? Nepotism is when the person is not qualified for the position. Thibs is.
He will be as good as the talent he is given to work with. Does he have a history of bringing out the best in players and how to keep it from turning negative.
wargames

7/15/2020  11:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/15/2020  11:36 PM
Nalod wrote:Remember When Pete Carroll sucked in the NFL?
Or when Joe Torre was fired from his first two MLB gigs for sucking?
Remember when Larry Brown went to the finals twice then too the knicks gig?
do we really want to indict Thibs for just one season and not the circumstances? Thibs vs. Paxton and Foreman, and crazy dumb Glen Taylor? Thibs role of power would not be the same here as it was in Minny.
Thibs has a common trait of intensity that has delivered. Can it be harnessed? Nepotism is when the person is not qualified for the position. Thibs is.
He will be as good as the talent he is given to work with. Does he have a history of bringing out the best in players and how to keep it from turning negative.

Everything you said can be said for any coach on a second, third, or fourth gig.

His system both offensively (the triangle) and defensively (ICE) has been decoded and reverse engineered by the rest of the league and are now ineffective. It’s not like Atkinson when he got a bad deal, he was with the wolves that were more talented that what the Knicks have and stunk it up. He literally controlled who that team had on the roster, traded for a top 15 player in Butler and they got into the first round and loss. It’s legitimately one of the biggest failures in recent memory not involving the Knicks and he wasn’t getting interest at all (just like SVG’s not). That is until the Knicks started talking about him, because the rest of the league knows his time is done.

The Nepotism of it is he was set up to win before they even interviewed him. They then conducted interviews and based off of stories will not hire the best guy (or one of the best guys) to instead hire their friend. It’s Nepotism and the same stink that has been around Dolan and MSG for decades.

It’s another Knicks crap show. All these coaches are heavily flawed (outside of Atkinson who is only flawed in his own way, or new unknowns, and yet the Knicks are probably picking the most flawed one.

smackeddog
7/16/2020  5:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/16/2020  5:47 AM
Brian Windhurst said on his podcast yesterday that Spurs assistant Will Hardy's interview with us was "spectacular" apparently. Still thinks it's going to be Thibs though

wargames

7/16/2020  5:51 AM
smackeddog wrote:Brian Windhurst said on his podcast yesterday that Spurs assistant Will Hardy's interview with us was "spectacular" apparently. Still thinks it's going to be Thibs though

So here is another example of someone doing great on the interview but being skipped over because nepotism. I hate that, that is how the Knicks is still operating. Grab the best candidate.

smackeddog
7/16/2020  10:50 AM
Very comprehensive piece on all the candidates:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/knicks-coaching-search-breaking-down-all-11-candidates-as-new-york-draws-closer-to-a-decision/

smackeddog
7/16/2020  10:51 AM
wargames wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Brian Windhurst said on his podcast yesterday that Spurs assistant Will Hardy's interview with us was "spectacular" apparently. Still thinks it's going to be Thibs though

So here is another example of someone doing great on the interview but being skipped over because nepotism. I hate that, that is how the Knicks is still operating. Grab the best candidate.

Agreed- I have reservations about his choice of shirt in that vid, but at the end of the day go with the best candidate (and that may very well be Thibs), not your old buddy

PhilinLA
Member: #696
7/16/2020  12:47 PM
Hardy's the only decent candidate. If the Knicks still go with a retread it is same old Knicks.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/16/2020  1:57 PM
PhilinLA wrote:Hardy's the only decent candidate. If the Knicks still go with a retread it is same old Knicks.

Really? Same old Knicks because they hired someone with coaching experience?

All Thibs has done in this league is win at every level.... but he's a retread? Or according to wargames its nepotism.

You know Doc Rivers was retread before he won in Boston? Did you know Rick Carlisle was retread before winning a title in Dallas?

Literally I have no idea what you guys are looking at.

How did Derrick Fisher work out? Fizdale? Imagine NOT hiring a guy because he checks all the boxes.. same old Knick fans!

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
USA
7/16/2020  4:14 PM
Red Holzman, Chuck Daily, Larry Brown pre Detroit, .....retreads.
Belichek failed miserably in Cleveland.......Retread.
Pete Carroll was a disaster with Jets. Retread.
Joe Torre. Retread.
shocking theory that a coach can actually improve with age based on experiences. Really, amazing concept.
That a coach, given a new team with different players, different and a different goal can actually either succeed or fail.
That Pat Riley actually changed his stripes about three times in his career based on the talent he had is proof.
Does every coach actually improve? Of course not. Most coaches barely last their contract.
So far Brad Stevens had one “Good” season thus far where his teams exceeded expectation when Kyrie got injured. Outside of that is he really that great or circumstances dictate to a greater outcome? Same with every coach who has yet to win a chip. Adleman, Dunleavy, Nelson, Karl......all retreads without chips but damn impressive resumes!!!!! Kidd has been fired twice as head coach. Retread. Not sure I like the guy but he is charismatic and players like him. Has he learned to delegate and is he secure with his talents or still guarded?
Maybe Thibs is the guy who starts this thing and we shyt can him in 3 years. Maybe we go with Udoka or Hardy. All good choices.
wargames

7/16/2020  9:55 PM
fishmike wrote:
PhilinLA wrote:Hardy's the only decent candidate. If the Knicks still go with a retread it is same old Knicks.

All Thibs has done in this league is win at every level.... but he's a retread? Or according to wargames its nepotism.

You know Doc Rivers was retread before he won in Boston? Did you know Rick Carlisle was retread before winning a title in Dallas?

How did Derrick Fisher work out? Fizdale? Imagine NOT hiring a guy because he checks all the boxes.. same old Knick fans!

I’ll be honest if it wasn’t for the fact Thibs was celebrating like he got his job because his buddy was made the POBO I wouldn’t look at him with as much disgust...... add to that his offensive/defensive flaws, his history of winning games by playing his starters to long, and the fact he completely crapped the bed with the Wolves and Nah I don’t expect him to make the Knicks a winner. This feels like a Larry Brown redux

PhilinLA
Member: #696
7/16/2020  10:34 PM
Okay, guys, keep doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results. We've only won with Holzman.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
Nalod
USA
7/16/2020  10:42 PM
wargames wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I’ll be honest if it wasn’t for the fact Thibs was celebrating like he got his job because his buddy was made the POBO I wouldn’t look at him with as much disgust...... add to that his offensive/defensive flaws, his history of winning games by playing his starters to long, and the fact he completely crapped the bed with the Wolves and Nah I don’t expect him to make the Knicks a winner. This feels like a Larry Brown redux

Thibs is celebrating? Shyt, I was not at that party!!! damn.
Or, you just all upset that media keep saying he a lock despite the 11 interviews?
Let me say that no reporter is in on the interview so its all hearsay. In fact I hope Thibs did a great job but someone else blew the knicks away thats even better!!!! If we listened to media reagarding sports rumors we’d be all about KD’s health about now. There was a “lock” if we ever read one.
I read Giannis parents from Nigeria as is Udoka, so there might be a connection. seems like a stretch.
I don’t hear Steph curry pining anymore about missing mark Jax after he was fired. He gives him respect which is no doubt deserved. Knicks had Kerr on verbal at the time! Bottom line is talent. Kerr’s spinal issue and Melo would have likely been too much fo him to continue as knicks struggle for talent would have been.

End of the day if Knicks success will be mostly because of talent gains and not from who is the coach.

Nalod
USA
7/16/2020  10:45 PM
PhilinLA wrote:Okay, guys, keep doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results. We've only won with Holzman.

Holzman prior record was not predictor of what was to come. Certainly we had no winning culture. It was formula and a chemistry that developed. Red came back after a failed Willis reed experiment and could not replicate the magic. It takes talent to win!1

Knicks extending their coaching search...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy