Author Thread
TheGame
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1154
USA
6/14/2020  6:06 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/news/chicago-cops-broke-u-rep-191648031.html

This defiance is troubling and is the source of frustration fueling many of these riots. Instead of introspection, we have cops getting retribution and justifying their overzealous responses with more violence. They don't want the public's understanding or meaningful reform. They just want compliance.

Agree. Most of what we've seen hasnt been from security footage, but cops openly brutalizing the population in a sea of smartphones. Didnt even slow them down. They dont care this is going out globally. Now that its happening to white people in significant numbers, we might get some real change. If Trump is ousted. If not on the federal level, than locally.

This. If police were just cracking black protesters over the head Trump would have already declared war and sent in troops. But people seeing these white people get bashed up is making them realize that having these out of control police running around is a problem for everyone.

Trust the Process
AUTOADVERT
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
6/14/2020  6:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/14/2020  9:09 AM
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/news/chicago-cops-broke-u-rep-191648031.html

This defiance is troubling and is the source of frustration fueling many of these riots. Instead of introspection, we have cops getting retribution and justifying their overzealous responses with more violence. They don't want the public's understanding or meaningful reform. They just want compliance.

Agree. Most of what we've seen hasnt been from security footage, but cops openly brutalizing the population in a sea of smartphones. Didnt even slow them down. They dont care this is going out globally. Now that its happening to white people in significant numbers, we might get some real change. If Trump is ousted. If not on the federal level, than locally.

"You never know which day of total impunity will be your last" Ha!

The fact that police officer thinks what he is saying helps his cause is sad because this is exactly how most of them think. They actually believe they are the victim, not the black person (or white person) they just killed over a broken taillight.

Trust the Process
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/14/2020  3:53 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NotInMyHouse
Member: #6433

6/15/2020  12:20 PM
He has a point. I can't wait for the debates.

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
martin
USA
6/15/2020  12:37 PM
NotInMyHouse wrote:He has a point. I can't wait for the debates.

**** that, man your info is kind of useless

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/15/2020  1:07 PM
martin wrote:

**** that, man your info is kind of useless

Not really. It shows that Trump is a jackass and following all tweets out there and replying to them. Dude is too much.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/15/2020  2:29 PM

I mean, we have Sleepy Joe versus the man who rambles on about all kinds of nonsense like drinking bleach to cure viruses and giving the death penalty to innocent men. There aren't going to be any winners. Just losers. And a heckuva lot more dead people if Grand Fuhrer Trump gets elected.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/15/2020  3:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/15/2020  5:16 PM

Anyone who is open to voting trump at this point is an even bigger racist idiot than he is. At least he has the fact he’s a sociopath/psychopath to blame, not sure what the hell his supporters have as an excuse.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/15/2020  5:05 PM

Id really like to hear why you still support Trump. This is from someone who has shown no love for either party.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/15/2020  5:11 PM
@realtrumpforce is a support group.

Trump can't stand on his own accomplishments and his platform as ususal is to bully.

martin
USA
6/15/2020  9:04 PM
Not demanding just a press release

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/16/2020  12:49 PM

Ummmm. WTF?

NotInMyHouse

6/16/2020  12:55 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

Id really like to hear why you still support Trump. This is from someone who has shown no love for either party.

I'm honestly glad you asked as I think it is important and healthy to see both sides.
I'm unsure of who I will vote for but at this point it won't be Biden.
Looking at what he did to Black America in the 90's regarding mass incarcerations is worrisome. More worrisome is his fading mental capacity.

My leaning towards Trump is partly due to the economy. You can't erase 3 years of an unbelievable economy due to the CV19 lockdown.
Beyond the economy: HUGE tax cuts, getting illegal immigration under control, renegotiation of trade deals, being tough on China (e.g. intellectual property and trade deals), job creation, women's unemployment at lowest level in 65 years, elimination of bureaucracy/regulations, strong border. Those are the bigger ones, off the top of my head.

Regarding race relations being at the forefront right now, I am incredibly pleased at how POTUS got Black unemployment to record lows and really helped to
raise small business ownership by Black Americans to historical levels too. I've never seen as many black people supporting Trump as I do now. The walk away movement is indeed growing.
The number of videos and the content by Black Americans that are pro Trump are just exploding. I've learned a lot by listening to them.

I am skeptical of Rasmussen’s current 40% Black approval rate of Trump, 16% higher than a year ago. We know it was around 8% in 2016 and it’s just gone up since then. But no matter how you look at it, his approval has been climbing and this is even with the whole Russian Narrative, Mueller investigation, impeachment, CV19, etc. being held over him. It is unbelievable.

I would just like to add, don't confuse the lack of Trump support, or even dialogue here with America in general. This thread and the CV19 one is not at all reflective of our Country.
Over 1 million people have registered for Trump's rally on the 20th. I just don't see the left being able to combat his rising popularity.

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/16/2020  12:56 PM
NYKBocker wrote:

Ummmm. WTF?

And it's not just a race issue. I've had white friends get hit with false allegations. There are just some borderline women out there.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
6/16/2020  1:44 PM
NotInMyHouse wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I'm honestly glad you asked as I think it is important and healthy to see both sides.
Looking at what he did to Black America in the 90's regarding mass incarcerations is worrisome. More worrisome is his fading mental capacity.

My leaning towards Trump is partly due to the economy. You can't erase 3 years of an unbelievable economy due to the CV19 lockdown.
Beyond the economy: HUGE tax cuts, getting illegal immigration under control, renegotiation of trade deals, being tough on China (e.g. intellectual property and trade deals), job creation, women's unemployment at lowest level in 65 years, elimination of bureaucracy/regulations, strong border. Those are the bigger ones, off the top of my head.

Regarding race relations being at the forefront right now, I am incredibly pleased at how POTUS got Black unemployment to record lows and really helped to
raise small business ownership by Black Americans to historical levels too. I've never seen as many black people supporting Trump as I do now. The walk away movement is indeed growing.
The number of videos and the content by Black Americans that are pro Trump are just exploding. I've learned a lot by listening to them.

I am skeptical of Rasmussen’s current 40% Black approval rate of Trump, 16% higher than a year ago. We know it was around 8% in 2016 and it’s just gone up since then. But no matter how you look at it, his approval has been climbing and this is even with the whole Russian Narrative, Mueller investigation, impeachment, CV19, etc. being held over him. It is unbelievable.

I would just like to add, don't confuse the lack of Trump support, or even dialogue here with America in general. This thread and the CV19 one is not at all reflective of our Country.
Over 1 million people have registered for Trump's rally on the 20th. I just don't see the left being able to combat his rising popularity.

You should be very skeptical of all of the sources of information that you are gathering from because they have all been proven very wrong or inaccurate of reality. Over and over again.

Up to you. Feel free to share where you are getting your information from

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/16/2020  2:37 PM
NotInMyHouse wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

LOL, you’re voting for Trump because of how well he treats black people and concern over Biden’s incarceration policies , yeah right. You’re not fooling anyone. For whatever reason alt-right twits have a new Internet forum strategy of pretending they’re just innocently sharing some ‘interesting information’ (turns out to be from BS alt right type sources) and they just want to exchange ‘facts’ and have a ‘reasoned’ ‘objective’ cordial debate its creepy as hell.

GustavBahler

6/16/2020  4:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/16/2020  4:52 PM
NotInMyHouse wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Trump did sign off on prison reform,although I believe he had other. motives...

Neither candidate has a great record on racial justice, but at least Biden didnt make a career out of race baiting. Trump's company was fined for discrimination against minorities. Trump suggested
10 years in prison for just protesting George Floyd's death. Biden has been more open to change on race. Although it bears repeating neither have been stellar.

The economy pre-pandemic, was mainly from the momentum from the Obama years. His recovery plan for main street had been stifled by republicans. He also enacted some programs in the name of helping main street, but were really a way of helping wall street. Until Trump, Obama held the record for the fewest white collar prosecutions going back decades. Dont know if Obama still holds the record. But until Trump, he deported more undocumented people than any other administration. His nickname was "deporter in chief". Illegal immigration dropped to the lowest level in decades.

Obamacare was a Heritage foundation proposal from the early 90s meant to counter "Hillarycare".

When it comes to tax cuts. Almost all of it went to the top percentile, who in spite of promises to help main street, bought back stock at a record rate. Stock buybacks used to be illegal, because they do nothing but enrich a select few. Like steroids for wall street.

You seem like a person who doesnt really care how the sausage is made, so to speak, as long as you get yours. If that tax cut means we still have to deal with 2-3 trillion in infrastructure repairs, so be it. Nevermind that wealth inequality is at an all time high.

As long as immigrants think twice about coming here, you're fine with kids in cages. Not your kids.

Dont care if Trump encourages the slaughter of peaceful protestors on a call with mayors and goveernors. They arent like you.

What I have a hard time convincing both democrats and republicans is that the top of the democratic party isnt far behind in enacting a conservative agenda. Tax cuts geared for the rich, tough on immigration. More and more money for cops and war, less and less for those who have fallen on hard times because of their policies.

The biggest difference is on global warming, and rolling back what once were considered conservative ideas like Obamacare. Its been the difference the last few decades between a a mostly conservative democratic party at the top, and an increasingly bat**** crazy conservative leadership at the top of the republican party. We are talking about a matter of degree. You seem to be firmly in the lysol ingesting camp. Never saw Biden handle a crisis like that.

NotInMyHouse

6/17/2020  6:11 AM
GustavBahler

Appreciate the reply and friendliness.

Regarding the topics here, we are mostly getting our information from different sources, so we have different perspectives. (I do agree with many of your concerns though.)
Sources that are even moderately pro Trump are essentially banned here, so that makes it difficult to have any real conversation.

Go to CNN, MSNBC, CBS, etc. and see how much positive info you can find about Trump. Now, look at the population and/or last election; essentially divided. These one-sided threads are not reflective of America. I don’t even like nor trust FOX but they are the only MSM network that moderately shows anything positive about Trump.

And regarding your perspective of me, (e.g. sausage analogy) in simple terms, I’m not out for me per se. In other words, I don’t vote based on what it does for me.
I vote based on what I feel is right and wrong for all, even if it were to negatively affect me.

It is always good to see what the other “side” is thinking. More and more people are thinking like this guy these days:

GustavBahler

6/17/2020  9:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/17/2020  9:35 AM
NotInMyHouse wrote:GustavBahler

Regarding the topics here, we are mostly getting our information from different sources, so we have different perspectives. (I do agree with many of your concerns though.)
Sources that are even moderately pro Trump are essentially banned here, so that makes it difficult to have any real conversation.

Go to CNN, MSNBC, CBS, etc. and see how much positive info you can find about Trump. Now, look at the population and/or last election; essentially divided. These one-sided threads are not reflective of America. I don’t even like nor trust FOX but they are the only MSM network that moderately shows anything positive about Trump.

And regarding your perspective of me, (e.g. sausage analogy) in simple terms, I’m not out for me per se. In other words, I don’t vote based on what it does for me.
I vote based on what I feel is right and wrong for all, even if it were to negatively affect me.

It is always good to see what the other “side” is thinking. More and more people are thinking like this guy these days:

What information is in dispute here? Are you disputing that Trump and the GOP gave a trillion dollar plus tax cut, that went mostly to the wealthiest Americans? Are you disputing that this happened while our bridges and roads are failing, with a several trillion dollar price tag?

With around 40 million Americans living in poverty? Are you disputing a call caught on tape where Trump encouraged local govts to get even tougher on protestors. When they were already using rubber bullets and tear gas, like an occupying army?

This is what you believe in?

The media made Trump, from his earliest days as a developer. I know, I was there.
Trump used the media to give himself as much publicity as the biggest developers in NYC, at the time. Trump wasnt one of them, never was. Trump used the media to portray himself as a succesfull entrepeneur, instead of a man with multiple bankruptcies under his belt. In his TV show.

When he ran for president it was found in an examination of all the free publicity Trump got (especially from CNN) that it would have cost Trump over a billion dollars if he had paid for it himself. They covered hia speeches like he was an incumbent.

All it took was a little criticism to call the media "the enemy of the people" Something often uttered by fascists. Trump wouldnt be in the White House without the media, moreso than perhaps any other presidential candidate. He had zero legislative experience, and it showed.

martin
USA
6/17/2020  10:42 AM
NotInMyHouse wrote:GustavBahler

Your sources of information are poor, something you have demonstrated over and over again. It's been pointed out to you very directly by myself and others.

You have already fallen into the idea that there are "sides" to things. There are facts and then there are opinions after that. News organization SHOULD be reporting on facts but the reality is much more colored than that and we all should understand it. Some sources are much better than others, I don't think you yet know how to read a source and make a good determination on that (case in point, the YouTube video from Durrty Daily?).

I'm all up for different perspectives. You should post your sources cause your opinions are strongly shaped there and read like they come out of a Fox segment.

How come you think a random YouTube video from a site called Durtty Daily should be relevant?

NotInMyHouse, you need to step up here and let us all know why you feel like this is something that we need to see and is on this site, otherwise I'll ask that you not post videos like it. It's trash

VOTE.............

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy