ekstarks94
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6104

6/2/2020  9:43 PM
arkrud wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Seeing the flames, the explosions, chants, outside the White House, which he couldnt ignore. Might have Trump shook enough to think twice about refusing to concede a loss.

If we see heavy duty military equipment brought in to cordon the White House just before the election. That might be a tell that Trump isnt planning to go anywhere.

Guess we'll see what happens.

He is president until the inauguration should he lose. My hope is he is removed via article 25 should he decide to NOT transition as others before him. He can choose to not leave the White House, but that won’t make him president. He can live there. He will no longer be the chief in command.

Mitch McConnell could end all this with a few phone calls (25th amndmt). Job one for him is judges. I doubt he wants all this turmoil in the White House, just enough to get his judges rammed through. Not saying he feels this way, but he's reaching the point of diminishing returns IMO.Conservative judges but very little representation. All those kids protesting, getting the crap kicked out of them have parents who arent necessarily left wing. At least in some areas.

Im guessing McConnell would rather see a President Pence running against Biden than Trump. But does he have the cojones to make those calls?

The judges they are ramming thru are seedlings that they are planting to hold on to their privilege and power after they officially get kicked out of power....

McConnell and all of them are corrupt....and with Trump now they are on overdrive....this place is like a banana republic now....

I believe that the intensity of these protests are because of Trump...and this whole thing may culminate in a standoff that gets protesters killed on a large scale....I do not wish for that to happen, but if it does the reaction and subsequent actions will tell me who America is to my face...

Who will be killed in large scale?
Protesters at day time or rioters and looters at night?
This will determine to me who America is.

Protestors are different from looters I think you would agree...that is who I am referring to...like the people hit with rubber bullets and tear gas so that Trump can hold the good book for the photo op....protesters that are growing by the thousands even fighting looters....

Like I said this MFer has no restraint if there are people injured or killed in an incident...any subsequent actions will tell me who America is....if people start talking that thouGhts and prayers stuff.....with no substantive action...it will tell me who America wants to bE

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/2/2020  10:10 PM
Took a while for my memory to kick in, but Trump's walk to the church for the photo op reminded me of the time I visited DC in the late 70s with my Dad. Carter was president. We were visiting the Air and Space museum, which had just been built, among other sites. We had just taken a tour of the White House and were in Lafayette park, walking towards the car.

All of a sudden, out of nowhere, was Jimmy Carter walking very fast through the park, towards the White House. Carter was known to do this, and from the expression on the agent's faces, they had no idea this was coming.

Carter walked through the park in the middle of the day with a relatively little security, when considering the importance of the office he held.

Trump is crowing about his walk to a church, flanked by a small army. Like that will make people forget that he hid in a bunker, instead of trying to make peace. Which is the point of that book he was holding up in his photo op.

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

6/2/2020  10:21 PM
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/3/2020  2:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/3/2020  2:24 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:

It's always a joke when people say 'violence' doesn't achieve anything and you should protest peacefully like Ghandhi or MLK. Protesting peacefully rarely gets you anything (I know, I've done it for decades) except empty platitudes- that's just a fact! 'Violence' (and to be honest I define violence as to a person- if it's to property I regard that as vandalism) usually creates an impetus for action (plus media attention), and the government then tries to buy off a significant chunk of protesters with some token (sometimes meaningful) concessions. Ridiculous that those right-wingers condemning this and wanting the army sending in are the same clowns who called named themselves after the Boston Tea Party and don't get the contradiction, just like those clowns who justify gun rights on their constitutional right to bare arms vs the government yet want unarmed protesters attacked by the army.

smackeddog
6/3/2020  2:26 AM

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/3/2020  4:22 AM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
6/3/2020  5:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/3/2020  5:30 AM

Spectacular watching people who condemned the nfl players peaceful kneeling protests, now claim that peaceful protest is the way to go. Pathetic that even kneeling in protest was considered an outrage that had to be stopped. Infuriatingly shameless.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/3/2020  6:56 AM
smackeddog wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:

It's always a joke when people say 'violence' doesn't achieve anything and you should protest peacefully like Ghandhi or MLK. Protesting peacefully rarely gets you anything (I know, I've done it for decades) except empty platitudes- that's just a fact! 'Violence' (and to be honest I define violence as to a person- if it's to property I regard that as vandalism) usually creates an impetus for action (plus media attention), and the government then tries to buy off a significant chunk of protesters with some token (sometimes meaningful) concessions. Ridiculous that those right-wingers condemning this and wanting the army sending in are the same clowns who called named themselves after the Boston Tea Party and don't get the contradiction, just like those clowns who justify gun rights on their constitutional right to bare arms vs the government yet want unarmed protesters attacked by the army.

I am not a right winger at all and I stand for black, hispanic and asian equality.... I think it’s wrong. I hope all of the looters get caught even though they wont. A lot of people are getting f’ed over while people are protesting people getting f’ed over. It’s senseless.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
GustavBahler

6/3/2020  8:16 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/cia-veterans-who-monitored-crackdowns-abroad-see-troubling-parallels-in-trump-handling-of-protests/2020/06/02/7ab210b8-a4f6-11ea-bb20-ebf0921f3bbd_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-high_cia-905pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

The scenes have been disturbingly familiar to CIA analysts accustomed to monitoring scenes of societal unraveling abroad — the massing of protesters, the ensuing crackdowns and the awkwardly staged displays of strength by a leader determined to project authority.

In interviews and posts on social media in recent days, current and former U.S. intelligence officials have expressed dismay at the similarity between events at home and the signs of decline or democratic regression they were trained to detect in other nations.

“I’ve seen this kind of violence,” said Gail Helt, a former CIA analyst responsible for tracking developments in China and Southeast Asia. “This is what autocrats do. This is what happens in countries before a collapse. It really does unnerve me.”

Helt, now a professor at King University in Tennessee, said the images of unrest in U.S. cities, combined with President Trump’s incendiary statements, echo clashes she covered over a dozen years at the CIA tracking developments in China, Malaysia and elsewhere.

Other former CIA and national security officials rendered similarly troubled verdicts.

Marc Polymeropoulos, who formerly ran CIA operations in Europe and Asia, was among several former agency officials who recoiled at images of Trump hoisting a Bible in front of St. John’s Episcopal Church in Washington after authorities fired rubber bullets and tear gas to clear the president’s path of protesters.

“It reminded me of what I reported on for years in the third world,” Polymeropoulos said on Twitter. Referring to the despotic leaders of Iraq, Syria and Libya, he said: “Saddam. Bashar. Qaddafi. They all did this.”

The impression Trump created was only reinforced by others in the administration. Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper urged governors to “dominate the battlespace” surrounding protesters, as if describing U.S. cities as a foreign war zone. Later, as military helicopters hovered menacingly over protesters, Gen. Mark A. Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, toured the streets of the nation’s capital in his battle fatigue uniform.
As a former CIA officer, I know this playbook,” Rep. Abigail Spanberger (D-Va.) said in a tweet. Before her election to Congress last year, she worked at the agency on issues including terrorism and nuclear proliferation.

One U.S. intelligence official even ventured into downtown Washington on Monday evening, as if taking measure of the street-level mood in a foreign country.

“Things escalated quickly,” said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, citing the sensitive nature of his job. He emphasized that he went as a concerned citizen, not in any official capacity. After seeing tear gas canisters underfoot, he said, he “knew it was time to go” and departed.

Former intelligence officials said the unrest and the administration’s militaristic response are among many measures of decay they would flag if writing assessments about the United States for another country’s intelligence service.

They cited the country’s struggle to contain the novel coronavirus, the president’s attempt to pressure Ukraine for political favors, his attacks on the news media and the increasingly polarized political climate as other signs of dysfunction.

Trump supporters have defended his handling of the unrest, and his trip across Lafayette Square as a display of the strength needed to restore order in dozens of cities where protests have led to looting, fires and violence.

Former Wisconsin governor Scott Walker (R) said it was “hard to imagine” any other president “having the guts to walk out of the White House like this.”

But there were also indications that senior members of the administration were uncomfortable with the president’s outing and eager to minimize their role in it.

A senior Pentagon official said Tuesday that neither Esper nor Milley knew when they set out to accompany Trump that police were about to charge through seemingly peaceful protesters or that they would play supporting roles in a photo op.

Even away from the cameras, Trump has assiduously cultivated the aura of a strongman. Earlier Monday, he had chided governors as “weak” for failing to employ adequate force in the face of mounting protests.

“If you don’t dominate, you’re wasting your time,” Trump said. He offered no words on how to ease tensions in crowds that have massed largely in anger over the death of George Floyd, an African American man who was killed while being pinned to the ground, a knee against his neck, by police in Minneapolis.

Brett McGurk, a former top U.S. envoy to the Middle East who spent two years in the Trump administration, said the president’s words — recorded by participants and shared with news organizations— would only embolden the world’s autocrats and undermine U.S. authority.

“The imagery of a head of state in a call with other governing officials saying, ‘Dominate the streets, dominate the battlespace’ — these are iconic images that will define America for some time,” said McGurk, who led U.S. diplomatic efforts to counter the Islamic State terrorist group. “It makes it much more difficult for us to distinguish ourselves from other countries we are trying to contest” or influence, he said.

In recent years, U.S. officials have urged restraint or denounced crackdowns against protesters or vulnerable groups in Russia, Iran, Turkey, Malaysia, Syria and other countries.

Even this week, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo lectured China about its efforts to prevent citizens of Hong Kong from holding a vigil to mark the anniversary of the Tiananmen Square protests.

“If there is any doubt about Beijing’s intent, it is to deny Hong Kongers a voice and a choice,” Pompeo said in a statement that was met with derision on Twitter because it coincided with crackdowns urged by Trump in the United States.

The seeming hypocrisy in the U.S. position has not been lost on foreign targets of American pressure or criticism.

Ramzan Kadyrov, a Chechen leader who has faced U.S. sanctions for alleged human rights abuses, said Tuesday that he was “watching with horror the situation in the United States, where the authorities are maliciously violating ordinary citizens’ rights,” according to reports from Moscow.

Julie Tate contributed to this report.

Knickfury11
Member: #8856
United Kingdom
6/3/2020  8:41 AM
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:The answer has been the same for decades. Accountability. Floyd was held more accountable than he should have with his life. Yet it takes massive protest and riots for these cops to be held accountable. Which is only likely due to it getting filmed for the world to see. With the cop that was kneeling on Floyd's neck having 12 prior complaints and multiple other killings of unarmed civilians on his resume. The police force is just as guilty for Floyd's death for allowing a cop with his history to maintain his position. The people who made excuses over the years for cops while they continued to not be held accountable for their actions have helped create this situation. When Kapernick knelt, people who cared more about him kneeling during the anthem than the reason why he was kneeling. You have helped create this situation as well. When Eric Garner was choked out with disregard for his life after calling out that he couldn't breathe. The fact that apparently nothing was learned from that situation to prevent this one. It should never have come to this level brutality for eyes to open.

While the above paragraph may come off as finger pointing for those that the shoe fits. That isn't really my goal. But the point i'm trying to get to is before smart phones African Americans have been complaining about police brutality. All the way back to the Black Panthers. Floyd and multiple others lives and families could have been saved and we wouldn't be where we are at this point. If our claims weren't denied the way they have been all these decades.

Change that, maybe we can save future lives.

GREAT POST!!!!! This needed to be said!!!

Newyorknewyork this was a very special post. This deserves to be commended.

I’ve followed these events in the media and I don’t understand how such injustices can continue to happen for so long. From a British perspective you have such an amazing nation that inspires so many other nations. It just seems that there is a genuine lack of leadership within areas of national infrastructure?? And your man in charge gotta go...

GustavBahler

6/3/2020  10:56 AM
BigDaddyG

6/3/2020  11:25 AM
GustavBahler wrote:

I can get why racists and misogynists would love our dear leader. He already called for the deaths of innocent black men prior to his election. But I will never understand how a man who has consistently failed in business and in life could continuing failing into the presidency. There are people out there who cling onto this failed experiment by saying at least he's tough on China. Yet, they fail to mention his failure to rely on gov't intelligence in the first place. Instead of recognizing the distress this country is in, he as to go out of his way and lie about the simplest crap. Well, I hope those swing voters who supported him are getting what they wanted. Fascism is a hell of a price, but I'm sure it's worth it. Yippee! Trump Uber Alles!
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

6/3/2020  3:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/3/2020  3:31 PM
So, another situation where a let's a thug continually menace civilians because he has a badge and a gun This guy has been on the force four years and has drawn his gun 51 effin times.
https://www.local10.com/news/local/2020/06/03/officer-accused-of-pushing-teen-during-protest-has-71-use-of-force-cases-on-file/
Officer accused of pushing teen during protest has 71 use of force cases on file

Officer Steven Pohorence, who has since been suspended following Sunday’s incident, has spent nearly four years with the police department.

According to Internal Affairs investigators, there have been at least 51 incidents in which Pohorence has drawn his gun.

His personnel file shows an allegation of unnecessary force and false arrest was made, and in another report, a man accused Pohorence of racially profiling him during a traffic stop.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/3/2020  6:27 PM
Finally

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler

6/3/2020  7:29 PM

Didnt know Drew Brees was a fing idiot.

BigDaddyG

6/3/2020  7:38 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

Several teammate have already commented. He's lost members of the locker room. I can't understand how people become more fixated on a piece clothe while remaining oblivious to the ideals it represents.

GustavBahler

6/3/2020  7:41 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I can get why racists and misogynists would love our dear leader. He already called for the deaths of innocent black men prior to his election. But I will never understand how a man who has consistently failed in business and in life could continuing failing into the presidency. There are people out there who cling onto this failed experiment by saying at least he's tough on China. Yet, they fail to mention his failure to rely on gov't intelligence in the first place. Instead of recognizing the distress this country is in, he as to go out of his way and lie about the simplest crap. Well, I hope those swing voters who supported him are getting what they wanted. Fascism is a hell of a price, but I'm sure it's worth it. Yippee! Trump Uber Alles!

After growing up in NY, its still jarring to see Trump signs in my one stoplight town 3000 miles away. More disturbing is the more fascistic he gets, the more Trump signs I see. Fortunately this town (from the last election) is moving more towards the center, with new arrivals moving into the area. Their ancestors fought and died for the right to protest, and Trump lovers cheer every time Trump tries to take that away.

GustavBahler

6/3/2020  7:46 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Several teammate have already commented. He's lost members of the locker room. I can't understand how people become more fixated on a piece clothe while remaining oblivious to the ideals it represents.

Spot on

smackeddog
6/4/2020  3:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/4/2020  3:15 AM
GustavBahler wrote:

Glad we don't have fools like that on our team, his reasoning doesn't even make sense "I think America is great therefore I will not tolerate anyone expressing that it's not because it is, because I think so!"

smackeddog
6/4/2020  4:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/4/2020  4:29 AM
Don't know what happened to Rudy(never liked him though), but he looks and sounds unwell

VOTE.............

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy