VOTE.............
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/6/2020  7:40 PM
martin wrote:American can be a good country

i think it's too late.

the country is on a downward slope that can't be stopped. part of it is capitalism about to collapse onto itself but most of it comes down to one simple thing, whites and non-whites.

that will be a socioeconomic war that will continue to divide the country until the demographics completely change and non-whites are no longer the majority. but that will take generations.

meanwhile, trump emboldening white supremecists have set back racial progress and few decades. he is the worst thing to happen to this country in a long time in terms of human rights and race relations.

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/7/2020  2:23 PM
Are the chickens coming home to roast?

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/hmv117/grahamchallenger_harrison_raises_recordshattering/

Democratic Senate candidate Jaime Harrison's campaign to unseat Sen. Lindsey Graham (R) in South Carolina pulled in nearly $14 million in the second quarter of the year, setting a statewide fundraising record in the process.

Harrison’s campaign said on Tuesday that it had raised more than $13.9 million in the period covering April through June, nearly doubling its first-quarter fundraising haul of $7.4 million and marking the second consecutive quarter in which Harrison has set a quarterly record in South Carolina.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/7/2020  2:26 PM
djsunyc wrote:

i think it's too late.

the country is on a downward slope that can't be stopped. part of it is capitalism about to collapse onto itself but most of it comes down to one simple thing, whites and non-whites.

that will be a socioeconomic war that will continue to divide the country until the demographics completely change and non-whites are no longer the majority. but that will take generations.

meanwhile, trump emboldening white supremecists have set back racial progress and few decades. he is the worst thing to happen to this country in a long time in terms of human rights and race relations.

The us will be just fine. Life will go on

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/7/2020  7:02 PM
I have long reconciled thr underbelly that is our history. Its not very pretty at times.
At best we evolve.
Other than Canada I can't find too many places that do it better. Not to say Canada is without its issues. Few melting pot naitions formed as we have from so many cultures, religions and creeds.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/7/2020  9:19 PM
America making America worse, purposely

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

7/8/2020  9:56 PM
Was this posted upthread already? Charles Barkley interviewing white supremacist. The face on him during the interview is priceless. How he didn't beat the **** out of him is beyond me.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/9/2020  11:12 AM
markvmc wrote:Was this posted upthread already? Charles Barkley interviewing white supremacist. The face on him during the interview is priceless. How he didn't beat the **** out of him is beyond me.

The white dude spoke of his fears.
fear is what drives people to buy guns.
Fear is what drives racism and antisemitism.
Eagles Desean Jackson Tilted away from the black struggle in his comments about Hitler.
Thats an old tactic to distract from the core issue. Jackson took the bait likely from anger.
IF there is an banking Jewish conspiracy to dominate the banking world its not very successful given the level of persecution the Jewish religion has faced. We are not a “race”, we are a religion.
Yes, there were Jews that likely owned slaves or traded them as a commodity. They were American, British, Dutch and yes......white.
Nalod wanted to see the Synagogue on St. Kitts (Home of Hamilton!). My driver that day was a middle age man who was grew up on the island and very verse on its history. The synagogue was not active and I asked what became of the Jewish community on the island. He replied they were Jewish Brits who among other vocations were slave traders. He was cool, but let me know the history.
Not all Jews are good. Not all Brits are good. etc etc.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/12/2020  3:32 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/12/politics/lindsey-graham-robert-mueller/index.html?utm_content=2020-07-12T17%3A06%3A06&utm_medium=social&utm_term=link&utm_source=twcnnbrk

This is a big deal considering who is making the call. He's trailing in the polls. We'll see if its the start of something.

GustavBahler

7/17/2020  12:31 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/17/portland-protests-federal-arrests/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-high_mm-portland-810am-mobile-only%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

WTF

His detention, which was first reported by Oregon Public Broadcasting, and videos of similar actions by federal officials driving around Portland in unmarked cars have raised alarm bells for many. Legal scholars questioned whether the detentions pass constitutional muster.

“Arrests require probable cause that a federal crime had been committed, that is, specific information indicating that the person likely committed a federal offense, or a fair probability that the person committed a federal offense,” Orin Kerr, a professor at University of California at Berkeley Law School, told The Post. “If the agents are grabbing people because they may have been involved in protests, that’s not probable cause.”

Federal officers from the U.S. Marshals Service and Department of Homeland Security have stormed Portland’s streets as part of President Trump’s promised strong response to ongoing protests. Local leaders expressed alarm at news of Pettibone’s detention and echoed calls for the feds to leave that have grown stronger since Marshals Service officers severely wounded a peaceful protester on Saturday.

“A peaceful protester in Portland was shot in the head by one of Donald Trump’s secret police,” Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) wrote in a Thursday tweet that also called out acting DHS secretary Chad Wolf. “Now Trump and Chad Wolf are weaponizing the DHS as their own occupying army to provoke violence on the streets of my hometown because they think it plays well with right-wing media.”

Civil rights advocates suggested the Trump administration is testing the limits of its executive power.

“I think Portland is a test case,” Zakir Khan, a spokesman for the Oregon chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, told The Post. “They want to see what they can get away with before launching into other parts of the country.”

Jann Carson, interim executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Oregon, called the recent arrests “flat-out unconstitutional” in a statement shared with The Post.

“Usually when we see people in unmarked cars forcibly grab someone off the street, we call it kidnapping,” Carson said. “Protesters in Portland have been shot in the head, swept away in unmarked cars, and repeatedly tear-gassed by uninvited and unwelcome federal agents. We won’t rest until they are gone.”

BigDaddyG

7/17/2020  1:52 PM
GustavBahler wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/17/portland-protests-federal-arrests/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-high_mm-portland-810am-mobile-only%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

WTF

His detention, which was first reported by Oregon Public Broadcasting, and videos of similar actions by federal officials driving around Portland in unmarked cars have raised alarm bells for many. Legal scholars questioned whether the detentions pass constitutional muster.

“Arrests require probable cause that a federal crime had been committed, that is, specific information indicating that the person likely committed a federal offense, or a fair probability that the person committed a federal offense,” Orin Kerr, a professor at University of California at Berkeley Law School, told The Post. “If the agents are grabbing people because they may have been involved in protests, that’s not probable cause.”

Federal officers from the U.S. Marshals Service and Department of Homeland Security have stormed Portland’s streets as part of President Trump’s promised strong response to ongoing protests. Local leaders expressed alarm at news of Pettibone’s detention and echoed calls for the feds to leave that have grown stronger since Marshals Service officers severely wounded a peaceful protester on Saturday.

“A peaceful protester in Portland was shot in the head by one of Donald Trump’s secret police,” Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) wrote in a Thursday tweet that also called out acting DHS secretary Chad Wolf. “Now Trump and Chad Wolf are weaponizing the DHS as their own occupying army to provoke violence on the streets of my hometown because they think it plays well with right-wing media.”

Civil rights advocates suggested the Trump administration is testing the limits of its executive power.

“I think Portland is a test case,” Zakir Khan, a spokesman for the Oregon chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, told The Post. “They want to see what they can get away with before launching into other parts of the country.”

Jann Carson, interim executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Oregon, called the recent arrests “flat-out unconstitutional” in a statement shared with The Post.

“Usually when we see people in unmarked cars forcibly grab someone off the street, we call it kidnapping,” Carson said. “Protesters in Portland have been shot in the head, swept away in unmarked cars, and repeatedly tear-gassed by uninvited and unwelcome federal agents. We won’t rest until they are gone.”

So basically Trump is sending the secret police. Unfortunately, there are bigger issues like these damn stores infringing on my freedom and forcing me to wear these uncomfortable masks.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/21/2020  8:34 AM

Should this be in the Alba thread too?

GustavBahler

7/23/2020  6:52 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/17/portland-protests-federal-arrests/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-high_mm-portland-810am-mobile-only%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

WTF

So basically Trump is sending the secret police. Unfortunately, there are bigger issues like these damn stores infringing on my freedom and forcing me to wear these uncomfortable masks.

Get the feeling that these "troops" will be in place in mostly Blue states right up to the election. Lets hope they're gone by then. They could be pre-positioning secret police to help keep Trump in office, no matter who wins. Then call on his supporters to back him.

NotInMyHouse
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6433

7/23/2020  9:02 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

WTF

Get the feeling that these "troops" will be in place in mostly Blue states right up to the election. Lets hope they're gone by then. They could be pre-positioning secret police to help keep Trump in office, no matter who wins. Then call on his supporters to back him.

The Federal Government should be the last resort and it is. Mayors and Governors need to stop the riots and stop calling them protests.
But the situation below is a Federal building. And the rioters also attacked Mayor Ted Wheeler. But his bodyguards protected him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk5kWyMZbf8
When the defunded police can't protect the citizens and leaders, the Feds will come in.

And through all this Biden is a non factor. (BTW - I doubt he is the candidate as he is not able to keep his thoughts together, forgetting what he is saying, being incoherent, etc. I expect a replacement, probably Hillary.)

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
GustavBahler

7/23/2020  11:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/23/2020  11:06 AM
NotInMyHouse wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

WTF

The Federal Government should be the last resort and it is. Mayors and Governors need to stop the riots and stop calling them protests.
But the situation below is a Federal building. And the rioters also attacked Mayor Ted Wheeler. But his bodyguards protected him.
When the defunded police can't protect the citizens and leaders, the Feds will come in.

And through all this Biden is a non factor. (BTW - I doubt he is the candidate as he is not able to keep his thoughts together, forgetting what he is saying, being incoherent, etc. I expect a replacement, probably Hillary.)

They were in fact protests, which had been dying down. That is until men dressed in camo, combat gear, and NO ID showed up and drastically escalated the tension with violence. Shooting unarmed protestors in the face. The protests in Portland were confined to one block.

Any excuse you have for Americans being rounded up in unmarked cars with no probable cause. In violation of the 4th amendment. You can kindly stick where the sun dont shine. There is ignorance, and there is willful ignorance.

dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
7/23/2020  11:12 AM
NYKBocker wrote:

Should this be in the Alba thread too?

Now... I would like to take a Minute to follow up on this one...
WHAT happened to the Alba thread?!? It was LEGENDARY and somehow disapeared!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/23/2020  11:18 AM
NotInMyHouse wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

WTF

No thanks, not having dumb **** like this on here.

NotInMyHouse, feel free to talk Knicks, the rest of the dumb you can keep to your own roundtable.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/23/2020  11:52 AM
martin wrote:
NotInMyHouse wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

WTF

No thanks, not having dumb **** like this on here.

NotInMyHouse, feel free to talk Knicks, the rest of the dumb you can keep to your own roundtable.

Thank you martin.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/23/2020  1:24 PM
NotInMyHouse wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

WTF

Chicago's police budget has grown every yr over the last 8 years. The budget going into 2020 was somewhere around $1.8 billion dollars. Chicago has had the funding over these yrs to produce results. That is If funding police while under-funding social programs and education was the answer. Clearly as the results have shown its not.

The environment we are in hasn't been due to lack of police funding. It has been due to people being tired of racism and the rich screwing over the poor. Sending in the Feds aren't going to fix those problems.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BigDaddyG

7/23/2020  6:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/23/2020  6:20 PM
Welcome to the new arms race. Honestly, I think I'm too excited to be disturbed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53518238

The US State Department described the recent use of "what would appear to be actual in-orbit anti-satellite weaponry" as concerning.

Russia's defence ministry earlier said it was using new technology to perform checks on Russian space equipment.

The US has previously raised concerns about new Russian satellite activity.

But it is the first time the UK has made accusations about Russian test-firing in space. They come just days after an inquiry said the UK government "badly underestimated" the threat posed by Russia.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/23/2020  9:07 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

i think it's too late.

The us will be just fine. Life will go on

maybe, but definitely not for the tens of thousands that have died this year b/c of trump's handling of covid.

VOTE.............

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy