[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

VOTE.............
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/17/2020  5:34 PM
https://theundefeated.com/features/ibram-kendi-leading-scholar-of-racism-says-education-and-love-are-not-the-answer/

“We have been taught that ignorance and hate lead to racist ideas, lead to racist policies,” Kendi said. “If the fundamental problem is ignorance and hate, then your solutions are going to be focused on education, and love and persuasion. But of course [Stamped from the Beginning] shows that the actual foundation of racism is not ignorance and hate, but self-interest, particularly economic and political and cultural.” Self-interest drives racist policies that benefit that self-interest. When the policies are challenged because they produce inequalities, racist ideas spring up to justify those policies. Hate flows freely from there.

The self-interest: The Portuguese had to justify their pioneering slave trade of African people before the pope.

The racist idea: Africans are barbarians. If we remove them from Africa and enslave them, they could be civilized.

“We can understand this very simply with slavery. I’m enslaving people because I want to make money. Abolitionists are resisting me, so I’m going to convince Americans that these people should be enslaved because they’re black, and then people will start believing those ideas: that these people are so barbaric, that they need to be enslaved, or that they are so childlike that they need to be enslaved.”

Kendi boils racist ideas down to an irreducible core: Any idea that suggests one racial group is superior or inferior to another group in any way is a racist idea, he says, and there are two types. Segregationist ideas contend racial groups are created unequal. Assimilationist ideas, as Kendi defines them, argue that both discrimination and problematic black people are to blame for inequalities.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/18/2020  7:51 AM
I bought both Bolton’s book and Mary Trump’s book. Not sure I’ll read them but it pisses Trump off that much more so be it.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/19/2020  6:21 PM
Good thread. Demand change

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/20/2020  9:10 AM
Nalod wrote:I bought both Bolton’s book and Mary Trump’s book. Not sure I’ll read them but it pisses Trump off that much more so be it.

Is he going to be able to sue them?

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/20/2020  11:14 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Nalod wrote:I bought both Bolton’s book and Mary Trump’s book. Not sure I’ll read them but it pisses Trump off that much more so be it.

Don't know, but I'm sure our Fuhrer is definitely placing a red triangle under their dossiers.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
6/20/2020  1:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/20/2020  1:51 PM

Download their new song for free by signing up for their newsletter

Nalod
USA
6/20/2020  2:12 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:

Not yet. Book is being released. Judge ruled today White House too late but If Bolton is liable he’ll face the music. Here is the thing, for trump claim treason he has to admit everything is true. Bolton knows what he is doing. Its either for the money or the good of the country. Legally it was thought out beforehand.
White House reacts while our and his enemies plan. Trump will call him names with his juvenile tactics. His fans will not be swayed.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
6/20/2020  2:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/22/2020  6:03 AM
NotInMyHouse wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
NotInMyHouse wrote:He has a point. I can't wait for the debates.

Id really like to hear why you still support Trump. This is from someone who has shown no love for either party.

I'm honestly glad you asked as I think it is important and healthy to see both sides.
I'm unsure of who I will vote for but at this point it won't be Biden.
Looking at what he did to Black America in the 90's regarding mass incarcerations is worrisome. More worrisome is his fading mental capacity.

My leaning towards Trump is partly due to the economy. You can't erase 3 years of an unbelievable economy due to the CV19 lockdown.
Beyond the economy: HUGE tax cuts, getting illegal immigration under control, renegotiation of trade deals, being tough on China (e.g. intellectual property and trade deals), job creation, women's unemployment at lowest level in 65 years, elimination of bureaucracy/regulations, strong border. Those are the bigger ones, off the top of my head.

Regarding race relations being at the forefront right now, I am incredibly pleased at how POTUS got Black unemployment to record lows and really helped to
raise small business ownership by Black Americans to historical levels too. I've never seen as many black people supporting Trump as I do now. The walk away movement is indeed growing.
The number of videos and the content by Black Americans that are pro Trump are just exploding. I've learned a lot by listening to them.

I am skeptical of Rasmussen’s current 40% Black approval rate of Trump, 16% higher than a year ago. We know it was around 8% in 2016 and it’s just gone up since then. But no matter how you look at it, his approval has been climbing and this is even with the whole Russian Narrative, Mueller investigation, impeachment, CV19, etc. being held over him. It is unbelievable.

I would just like to add, don't confuse the lack of Trump support, or even dialogue here with America in general. This thread and the CV19 one is not at all reflective of our Country.
Over 1 million people have registered for Trump's rally on the 20th. I just don't see the left being able to combat his rising popularity.

Wow. Not even sure what to say. Please go research actual facts because virtually everything you said is either flat out wrong or grossly misleading. You think his trade war with China is helping us. Go look up the current trade deficit and how it is sky rocketing. Ask all those farmers that lost contracts that the Chinese have taken over what they think of Trump’s trade war. Go look at how the Budget deficit is growing under Trump. CoVid 19 is back on the rise primarily because Trump goes out of his way to convince his supports not to wear masks. Literally the only thing Trump did is take an economy that was already growing, take credit for it and claim it was all his doing. Those tax cuts were for the rich and they were a major con. Unless you are a millionaire or corporation, you did not get a huge tax cut and it certainly is not paying for itself. It helped the stock market for awhile but the cuts are what is driving the high deficits and eventually it is going to all blow up. It is exactly how Bush got us into a recession. And, I won’t even get into his inept handling of covid19. Every other major country in the world is seeing their covid 19 cases going down except the US because our President is ignoring the problem.

Trust the Process
BigDaddyG

6/20/2020  3:39 PM
Damn it. Now we have to worry about security guards. I hope this guy burns in hell.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/white-security-guard-charged-fatal-shooting-black-man-tulsa-motel-n1231640

Carlos Carson wanted the manager to look at the security footage, but the manager said he needed to contact the police, the brother said. Ananias said his brother got upset and the two men exchanged words.

Ananias Carson, who is a Tulsa police officer, said he believes his brother was walking back toward his motel room when he was confronted by Straight.

The shooting was captured on surveillance video. Lt. Watkins told NBC News in a phone interview Saturday that Straight was sitting in his truck talking with the owner of the motel when Carson walked by.

Watkins said that Carson was "minding his own business" and "wasn't making any kind of threatening gestures or anything like that."

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

6/20/2020  3:48 PM
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/6-trump-campaign-members-tulsa-test-positive-coronavirus-ahead-rally-n1231647
6 Trump campaign members in Tulsa test positive for the coronavirus ahead of rally
The news comes as Trump, the White House and the president's re-election campaign organization have been criticized for hosting an event in an enclosed, 19,000-seat arena in Tulsa.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
6/20/2020  7:59 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/6-trump-campaign-members-tulsa-test-positive-coronavirus-ahead-rally-n1231647
6 Trump campaign members in Tulsa test positive for the coronavirus ahead of rally
The news comes as Trump, the White House and the president's re-election campaign organization have been criticized for hosting an event in an enclosed, 19,000-seat arena in Tulsa.

Since I have more ethics than Trump, I will not wish any ill will to these people and hope they stay safe. But the reality is that these Trump supporters are about to get themselves infected with COVID-19 because these idiots don’t wanna wear masks because their exalted leader refuses to wear a mask.

Trust the Process
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/21/2020  9:23 AM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8443751/American-teens-sabotaged-Trumps-Tulsa-rally-reserving-tickets-hundreds.html

AOC joins hundreds of Twitter users claiming teens on TikTok and K-pop fans sabotaged Trump's Tulsa rally and left seats empty by reserving thousands of tickets with no intention of showing up

Nalod
USA
6/21/2020  10:47 AM
His lies become bigger and more transparent the longer his term goes.
Just remember to vote. Trump supporters love him. Nobody loves Biden. Thus its super important to be passionate about an ideal moving forward. I don’t love Biden but I trust him far more than Trump.
45 is a dangerous power person the more he is humiliated the more dangerous he becomes.
Nalod
USA
6/21/2020  10:40 PM
6200 in attendance. They got played by Teens who researched tickets. Trump said 1mm requested. They had an outdoor stage set up. 45 said some pretty far out things. He is coming undone which makes him dangerous.
martin
USA
6/21/2020  11:00 PM
Nalod wrote:6200 in attendance. They got played by Teens who researched tickets. Trump said 1mm requested. They had an outdoor stage set up. 45 said some pretty far out things. He is coming undone which makes him dangerous.

Country better hold on tight. Berman episode is just the start

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/22/2020  11:24 AM
On the radio this mourning they were talking about fireworks being allowed to ring off all night. Police Captain promoted doing it for the teens there. They also refuse to respond to the complaints by the ppl who are trying to sleep. The belief is they are trying a tactic to lower the quality of life in response to the “defund the police” movement. Heard this has been going on for 3 weeks now.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/22/2020  11:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/22/2020  11:37 AM
i find it funny how trump is struggling to find a way to get his base riled up.

his MO is quite simple - attack things that have been suppressed and/pr are non-white.

women. people of color. handicapped people. etc. this gets his all white base up in a tizzy and they go nuts.

biden? he's an old white guy. his base doesn't know how to respond to that lol. it's hilarious.

he's waiting for the VP pick so he can go after that b/c it's going to be a female and most like a non-white.

and who said racism/sexism isn't why he won in 2016?

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/23/2020  4:12 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:On the radio this mourning they were talking about fireworks being allowed to ring off all night. Police Captain promoted doing it for the teens there. They also refuse to respond to the complaints by the ppl who are trying to sleep. The belief is they are trying a tactic to lower the quality of life in response to the “defund the police” movement. Heard this has been going on for 3 weeks now.

Great. So if my dogs’ heart stops, I’ll go right to them.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
martin
USA
6/23/2020  12:50 PM
Wild to watch sports leagues and how they handle social situations and which are leading or falling flat.

I think the NBA galvanized the COVID moment by cancelling games right away. NFL stepped in dog doodoo with ColinK. NASCAR showing guts in the moments over last couple weeks leading up to this

Nalod
USA
6/23/2020  3:09 PM
Nascar got it right after the Noose incident. Hope they find the person who did it.
If for nothing else its just good business!!!!!
Nascar driver history is full of ex bootleggers who learned to drive in the back roads of the south avoiding the Sheriff and state authorities.
Its a rebellious culture and the southern base found it so appealling. Naturally you add those together you have a culture of racism also.
This is big. Drivers are not just "good ole boys" anymore. They need to continue its advance on diversity.
Is it genuine? Maybe not thru and thru, but its good business and thats enough to build momentum.
Best driver in the world is Louis hamilton!! F1!!!! The real deal.
VOTE.............

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy