[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Aaron Nesmith. Our guy
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/30/2020  9:45 AM

The note I watch Aaron Nesmith the more I think he’s a no brained below Wiseman. We can move Barrett to 3 and slot in a perfect synergetic player next to him. He’s a bully inside he’s got an nba build with length abd most importantly this guy is an efficient volume shooter who moves around BETTER than anyone in the draft. Watch him. He’s very smart. He runs around like Klay thompson it Reggie Miller which puts intense pressure in the D look how easy he shoots it. He’s what the nba is now. A guy who can score 25 points a game over for from 3 50-40-80

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/30/2020  6:03 PM
He reminds of Martell Webster. Martell was drafted in the lottery out of highschool for his build, shooting and scoring potential. He eventually developed into a solid 3 and D guy, but injuries killed his career.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
5/30/2020  9:06 PM
I’m not big on Weisman but I love the idea of Nesmith. He’s a combo wing like Barrett. Doesn’t matter which plays SG or SF. Nesmith can really shoot it and actually has great length so his defensive potential is there. Reminds me a bit of buddy Hield offensively. Can shoot off the move very well.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/30/2020  10:36 PM
Knixkik wrote:I’m not big on Weisman but I love the idea of Nesmith. He’s a combo wing like Barrett. Doesn’t matter which plays SG or SF. Nesmith can really shoot it and actually has great length so his defensive potential is there. Reminds me a bit of buddy Hield offensively. Can shoot off the move very well.

I’m not against this. Maybe sign Gallo over the off season. Make Randle a 6th man if we still have him.

Frank
Nasmith
RJ
Gallo
Mitch

That works a lot better than anything we had last season, especially if RJ and Frank improve. Just make Frank THE starter. Announce it at the beginning, give him the confidence and let him go and see how it works.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Allanfan20
USA
5/30/2020  10:38 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I’m not big on Weisman but I love the idea of Nesmith. He’s a combo wing like Barrett. Doesn’t matter which plays SG or SF. Nesmith can really shoot it and actually has great length so his defensive potential is there. Reminds me a bit of buddy Hield offensively. Can shoot off the move very well.

I’m not against this. Maybe sign Gallo over the off season. Make Randle a 6th man if we still have him.

Frank
Nasmith
RJ
Gallo
Mitch

That works a lot better than anything we had last season, especially if RJ and Frank improve. Just make Frank THE starter. Announce it at the beginning, give him the confidence and let him go and see how it works.

And this also give RJ the opportunity to kind of be the man. He has people he can dish the ball out to. He works well with Mitch already. Now he has spacing. I’d actually consider going to a game.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/31/2020  2:57 AM
Time to rank these shooters:

Nesmith vs Devin Vassell vs Tyrell Terry

BRIGGS
5/31/2020  9:15 AM
smackeddog wrote:Time to rank these shooters:

Nesmith vs Devin Vassell vs Tyrell Terry

Terry is definitely in play as a quality pg propspect along with others at 27-38.
Devin vassell will go higher than some of the mocks but to me he is more of a role player.
Aaron Nesmith has a chance to be a tier 1 offensive player in the nba. A top 5 shooter but physical enough to do damage inside to. Incredible frame at 6-6 220 with longer arms. He can be an elite offensive weapon in a league where efficient offense rules

RIP Crushalot😞
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/31/2020  11:23 AM
Love the idea of pairing Nesmith with RJ on the wing. Knicks can use assets to target him and move up from the Clippers pick.

A combination of Haliburton and Nesmith would completely upgrade the efficiency and defense from the perimeter.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Allanfan20
USA
5/31/2020  12:19 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Love the idea of pairing Nesmith with RJ on the wing. Knicks can use assets to target him and move up from the Clippers pick.

A combination of Haliburton and Nesmith would completely upgrade the efficiency and defense from the perimeter.

It would have to be quite a package. More than Randle, Knox AND and pick? Probably.

Knixkik
USA
5/31/2020  9:58 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Love the idea of pairing Nesmith with RJ on the wing. Knicks can use assets to target him and move up from the Clippers pick.

Nesmith will go in the 6-12 range most likely. We would need to draft him with our top pick.

BRIGGS
5/31/2020  10:45 PM
Knixkik wrote:

Nesmith will go in the 6-12 range most likely. We would need to draft him with our top pick.

I have a feeling that if he played the full year he would’ve been a top 3 pick

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
USA
6/1/2020  1:27 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

In this particular draft it's definitely possible, although not sure if there's enough upside here. But i like him because i see a high level role player with an elite NBA skill.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/1/2020  2:21 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Aaron Nesmith. Our guy

noted

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BRIGGS
6/1/2020  2:24 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

In this particular draft it's definitely possible, although not sure if there's enough upside here. But i like him because i see a high level role player with an elite NBA skill.

It’s like drafting Allan Houston with note size with more inside Gabe as well. He also moves around the court better than h2o but he has the same jumper

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/1/2020  2:30 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

It’s like drafting Allan Houston with note size with more inside Gabe as well. He also moves around the court better than h2o but he has the same jumper

I don't see Allan Houston. Houston was a lot smoother of the dribble and had a better handle. Also, more explosive when he came into the league. Someone compared him to Heild, and I think that is a more apt description. I would say he's more athletic version of Joe Harris or a more consistent Allen Crabbe. I really like Aaron's potential to guard both guard spots, but he'll have to improve his handle and finishing skills. It sounds like he has a strong work ethic tho, so I'd bet on him improving.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/1/2020  4:38 PM
My issue is, if its great shooting you want, likely you can get it by signing Bertrand, Joe Harris or trading for Hield - not sure if its the best use of our pick, but it depends where we end up picking
Knixkik
USA
6/1/2020  9:40 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I don't see Allan Houston. Houston was a lot smoother of the dribble and had a better handle. Also, more explosive when he came into the league. Someone compared him to Heild, and I think that is a more apt description. I would say he's more athletic version of Joe Harris or a more consistent Allen Crabbe. I really like Aaron's potential to guard both guard spots, but he'll have to improve his handle and finishing skills. It sounds like he has a strong work ethic tho, so I'd bet on him improving.

I said it in this thread as well as another. He’s got buddy upside but has a pretty high floor as well along the lines of joe Harris.

Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

6/2/2020  3:43 AM
smackeddog wrote:My issue is, if its great shooting you want, likely you can get it by signing Bertrand, Joe Harris or trading for Hield - not sure if its the best use of our pick, but it depends where we end up picking

Going from non shooters, to having an abundance of shooters would be divine. Do you notice that good shooting is contagious? The next thing you know, everybody is hitting their shots! Heavenly... Get him, he could be part of that foundation that we covet so much.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
BRIGGS
6/2/2020  7:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/2/2020  7:20 AM
Sangfroid wrote:
smackeddog wrote:My issue is, if its great shooting you want, likely you can get it by signing Bertrand, Joe Harris or trading for Hield - not sure if its the best use of our pick, but it depends where we end up picking

Going from non shooters, to having an abundance of shooters would be divine. Do you notice that good shooting is contagious? The next thing you know, everybody is hitting their shots! Heavenly... Get him, he could be part of that foundation that we covet so much.

We have Robinson Barrett Randle so those guys would have more space to do their thing which is mainly inside. We have Frank— I think if we added Nesmith and wood Frank might just be ready to be given his final shot to succeed with a lot in place.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickfury11
Member: #8856
United Kingdom
6/2/2020  3:25 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Yeah I love it Briggs... I’ve been a massive advocate for Nesmith for a long time. Nesmith addition Would improve our offence immensely. The way the NBA is played now you NEED good perimeter offence and spacing he would help with both.

I agree that he has potential on the defensive end also, although Vassel is superior on D.

Aaron Nesmith. Our guy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy