[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why is Tom Thibadeu coveted?
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/5/2020  4:52 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:shouldn't we focus on a head coach who's had success as a NBA head coach, or should we continue to hire in experience coaches that have done nothing good for us (fisher, fiz, Jh) now you guys want mike like he was killing it

How do you define success? Hornacek was close to being coach of the year one season. Fiz was everyone's darling his first playoff season. Success usually starts with stability in the front office.

A winning record is having success

We have hired solid guys that would make good assistant coaches including Miller, but they are not NBA head coaching material.

what makes matter worse is that we give these young in experience coaches super flawed rosters to work with that's voided of stars, leaders or even above avg talent, they have no system, no identity, and a losing culture to build off of.

ES
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/5/2020  5:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/5/2020  5:06 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:shouldn't we focus on a head coach who's had success as a NBA head coach, or should we continue to hire in experience coaches that have done nothing good for us (fisher, fiz, Jh) now you guys want mike like he was killing it

How do you define success? Hornacek was close to being coach of the year one season. Fiz was everyone's darling his first playoff season. Success usually starts with stability in the front office.

A winning record is having success

We have hired solid guys that would make good assistant coaches including Miller, but they are not NBA head coaching material.

what makes matter worse is that we give these young in experience coaches super flawed rosters to work with that's voided of stars, leaders or even above avg talent, they have no system, no identity, and a losing culture to build off of.

Ok, but those guys aren't coming to this situation. We're either gonna look at who are new or guys who have had success, but are damaged. A lot, of guys want Atkinson, but he started in a similar fashion to Miller. Heck, Kerr was a bust executive with no coaching experience. We brought in in the same manner Thibs would potentially be hired. We've tried it all and failed. Ultimately, It's not a manner of bringing in Woodson, Thibs etc. We need stability at the top. I think Miller showed he had solid coaching chops. Why keeping spinning the merry-go-round? This team had 30 win talent and Things got them to perform to that. Are any of the candidates out there going to do better? Maybe, but it is doubtful.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GT2AM
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8847

5/8/2020  6:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/8/2020  8:31 AM
martin wrote:I think the beat writers have nothing better to write about and so there is a perception that Thibs is coveted

They have no real leads either. Like a genius to throw out Melo, Chris Paul, Thibs because they have a previous "association" with Rose. They problem is they then keep driving it into us (like it's real not rumor. That they started!!) "Let the Thibs Sweepstakes Begin" I saw a headline this week. LMAO They don't even know whos interested and already it's a sweepstakes.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/8/2020  7:07 AM
martin wrote:I think the beat writers have nothing better to write about and so there is a perception that Thibs is coveted

Read an article last night off the main page about pursuing Trey Young lol.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
5/8/2020  8:27 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Lol. Yeah, we should pursue him. It must be tough being a beat writer. You just have to come up with BS to keep your job, and with the season suspended, there is no material to work with.

Trust the Process
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/8/2020  12:18 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

I think I had the same reaction after reading that one WTF

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
5/8/2020  12:37 PM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

I think I had the same reaction after reading that one WTF

Hey! It had actual two year old quotes from Young!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/8/2020  1:07 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

That was a horse**** article!!!!
There is one thing: Leon knows what players want. Its not secret science either. They want money and have fun and winning is fun. He also knows knicks have assets and really have no place to go but up. They can flounder and go sideways but there is not much further to the bottom. They are pretty much there.
ATL will fire its coach than let trae be miserable. Knicks and everyone understand some players will take the KP model and if they have the balls to ride it out they will let a team know they won't extend.
Player gets what they want and team gets value in return. INjured players like KP don't return full value.
Olidipo is in an interesting situation. Does Indy give him 100mil for the next 4 years or does he think he can get more? He is a fine player but he had one full all star season before falling to injury playing just 36 games before he got injured. He will be 28 next year and Indy and any team looking at him will do so with concern.
He was still rusty and putting his game back together when play stopped. Indy is a smart franchise that seems to keep it shyt together.
The old Perry connection might determine it all? Nope, this is one Leon.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

5/9/2020  8:13 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I personally think Thibs is a crusader who is going to rub the kids the wrong way. Haven't we learned that 'playing the right way' does not work well with players you should be developing? I think he is a step back from Mike Miller. How the **** did Thibs **** up his situation Minny so bad? They were loaded with high end young talent that needed to be developed and he had complete control. I know he used to be a Knick but Mike Miller actually is a Knick atm. He won COY in the league or whatever the **** its called. How is Thibs any better? Last year - is it last year? - he had the team ahead of schedule in my opinion. The directive should be develop the players like Knox not to win games and feature Marcus Morris but that came from the executive suite.

Yep Minnesota, Why would anyone wants Thibs after that
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

5/30/2020  12:57 AM
Thibs, is covered
Cause he helped celts/ Boston
Doc Rivers get his title NBA ring.

Additionally important identity
Is he's a SOB Good teacher.coach
As was Doc Rivers whom.both can
Snooze up to fans smooze up well to players
& City, and utmost importance smooze
Up to nba brass mgt., and TAKE EM
ON with his needs and desires, with no
Back down.

We dont need any NBA coach whom going to
Kiss J.Dolan fanny 24x7.. he can take on
Brass mgt. Behind private doors as Doc
Rivers does & be effective.

Every coach comes in and kisses
JD ..Fanny is issue. You don't need
To disrespect JDolan just get what you need
From him without kissing butt!
😎✋🏼😉

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
wargames
Member: #6053

5/30/2020  3:37 AM
DJMUSIC wrote:Thibs, is covered

Back down.

😎✋🏼😉

You think Thibs isn’t going to kiss Dolan’s behind when he gets here? Lol you really are overestimating what Thibs will do here.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
knicks1248
5/30/2020  11:44 AM
wargames wrote:

Back down.

😎✋🏼😉

You think Thibs isn’t going to kiss Dolan’s behind when he gets here? Lol you really are overestimating what Thibs will do here.

Does he have a history of kissing ass in Boston, Chicago, or Mini?

ES
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/30/2020  3:51 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
wargames wrote:

Back down.

😎✋🏼😉

Does he have a history of kissing ass in Boston, Chicago, or Mini?

Don’t forget NY.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
GT2AM

5/30/2020  5:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/30/2020  5:45 PM
I know basketball players are professional and all. But the Knicks are young and growing. Shouldn't there be a good example type of thing, like if you work hard and improve you'll get rewarded with success. Trading out Mike Miller for some fancy new coach, wouldn't that be setting a bad example for the Knicks kids. Is this type of thing not important?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/30/2020  7:54 PM
GT2AM wrote:I know basketball players are professional and all. But the Knicks are young and growing. Shouldn't there be a good example type of thing, like if you work hard and improve you'll get rewarded with success. Trading out Mike Miller for some fancy new coach, wouldn't that be setting a bad example for the Knicks kids. Is this type of thing not important?

I do think he has earned the job for another year. I also think by playing it forward and keeping Miller you avoid what could be a bad situation with Thibs. I don’t think Thibs is a good fit for the Knick roster and I think Rose would have a hard tim firing a friend like Thibs. Hiring Thibs is similar in some ways to hiring Ewing. What do you do if it doesn’t work? Do you keep trying to make something work that won’t because you hired a friend or franchise legend?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
5/30/2020  9:01 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GT2AM wrote:I know basketball players are professional and all. But the Knicks are young and growing. Shouldn't there be a good example type of thing, like if you work hard and improve you'll get rewarded with success. Trading out Mike Miller for some fancy new coach, wouldn't that be setting a bad example for the Knicks kids. Is this type of thing not important?

I do think he has earned the job for another year. I also think by playing it forward and keeping Miller you avoid what could be a bad situation with Thibs. I don’t think Thibs is a good fit for the Knick roster and I think Rose would have a hard tim firing a friend like Thibs. Hiring Thibs is similar in some ways to hiring Ewing. What do you do if it doesn’t work? Do you keep trying to make something work that won’t because you hired a friend or franchise legend?

Majority of this roster sucks, and what's the purpose of hiring a new president if your not planing on changing the coach or roster (if not both)

There isn't a single player on this team who should not be up for grabs

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/30/2020  10:38 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Majority of this roster sucks, and what's the purpose of hiring a new president if your not planing on changing the coach or roster (if not both)

I agree with you about no player on our team being untouchable. I love RJ, Frank, Dot and Mitch. I'm so-so for Knox and want to see more of Iggy. But if you the right deal for a young star comes along, then I'm sure I'll find more favorite players. But...that doesn't mean I want to trade them for a pack of Newports, some Nowandlaters and some vintage copies of Black Tail. I also don't want to trade for an older star who will eat up our space and make it tough to sign other players. If we still need to collect assets and wait, then that's what we gotta do.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/30/2020  11:16 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Is it wrong for a new executive to take a measured approach? I don't see now as the time for drastic changes just to make changes. Too much is not known at this point. I am fine with the Knicks not picking up the option on any of the vets that they brought in. If there is a move to improve the team make it. Making moves just to have change would be foolish.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
5/31/2020  2:10 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Is it wrong for a new executive to take a measured approach? I don't see now as the time for drastic changes just to make changes. Too much is not known at this point. I am fine with the Knicks not picking up the option on any of the vets that they brought in. If there is a move to improve the team make it. Making moves just to have change would be foolish.

Unfortunately when your taken over a franchise that has been losing a lot of games you can't just make minor moves to right the ship.

Changing a culture comes at a price

ES
GT2AM

5/31/2020  6:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/31/2020  6:16 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Unfortunately when your taken over a franchise that has been losing a lot of games you can't just make minor moves to right the ship.

Changing a culture comes at a price

Rushing to always make changes is not always the quicker route to success than patience. When Perry came in a few years ago he said the plan was to draft young long athletic players who can grow together. Young players will get better as a team just by being familiar with each other, knowing each others spots. It's obviously a plan that takes a number of years. If Rose kept Perry that would tell you that he's good with that plan, saw something right with it. Then he brought in a draft guru to assumedly continue that plan, Knicks having many draft picks coming up. Knicks are actually in a great place. Young players, some with star potential, some with role player potential. Picks coming up. Cap space to use. Why do they need major changes to the plan? 17 wins last year, on pace for 32 this year(with Miller). Thats improvement. Slow but steady. But then there will be a team together for years. Familiar with one another, while other teams take half a season to figure each other out. I don't think Rose will do anything drastic, especially with Aller being the strategic mind. You think Aller will sign up for Chris Paul to fill up his clean cap canvas? No, I think this new front office won't blow everything up just to make drastic changes for the sake of righting the ship. Ships not capsized, it just has a small engine for a bit longer, till these guys grow up a bit.

Why is Tom Thibadeu coveted?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy