[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Atlantic: What NBA scouts and the numbers say about Knicks guard Frank Ntilikina’s future
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/13/2020  4:28 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
ccinflushing wrote:I think Frank's progressing fine given his injury/team situation. I don't think Fizdale did him any favours, with his wack line-up and rotations and general lack of structure or accountability. Frank has improved his core strength and his handles, as well his playmaking skills. His reads on offense has gotten a lot better and he's generally making the right decisions quicker. He's getting to his spots and is less hesitant about shooting, which has helped his percentage.

His progress in his 3rd year stack up against guys like Kyle Lowry, Kemba Walker, Goran Dragic and Spencer Dinwiddie, even though he's two to three years younger. Those guys turned out to be pretty good players and I think Frank will be too.

This is the guy I expect to show up when the next season starts. He's ready...

To have as rough a start as he has had while, with the amount of pressure and expectations he has had placed on him in this market. To fight through all that and work his way up. Shows a level of mental toughness and focus. He were to continue this trajectory(from the last 2 months of gms he played) and have a strong season next yr. Sky is the limit for his confidence, and NY will end up having crafted a diamond.

He really hasn't worked his way up to anything, The knicks continue to bring in PG after pg because of his lack of production.

FANS just want that feel good story because he's a good kid, but if frank was drafted by dallas and traded to the knicks there would be zero patience for him, just like there's zero patience for DSJ.

DSJ is slightly a better player then frank,(even though is attitude sucks) and he gets little to no love around here.

I like frank (on another team in a better situation with a define role), but I know that there's a 95% chance that he will continue to struggle in NY because the knicks don't have there sht together

Frank came in weak physically, suspect handle, not willing to penetrate, passing up open 3s while clanking others, below average ft shooter for the few FTs he did take.

Just as the video in this thread shows, his handle is waaaaaay tighter. He is more capable and willing to penetrate into the paint. He even finished through contact over 2 defenders in one of the highlights. More decisive taking the shot. Yada yada yada. Point is you see the improvements to his offensive game. He is already strong defensively.

He has shown glimpses just like in this highlight, Fiba, vs Dallas, vs Houston etc... of him being a vital reason the game was won for his play on both sides of the ball. There is something to that for the 21 yr old. more & more its becoming when instead of if. If Knicks acquire a stud guard and he backs up the position its a win win. Would turn longtime weakness into the strength of the team.

Dennis Smith Jr had the talent to be the #1 pick in the draft when he came out. There is nobody that has stopped DSJr from coming here and solving all our PG problems for the next decade dating back to last season when he played his first Knick game. He had the talent to come in and drop 20+pts per game in a lost season and *take* the wheel. Continue to build on that and be a stud pg on the team right now & going forward.

I can't name the improvements to his game. He already was equiped with speed, quickness, mind blowing athleticism & handle coming in. So really he had to focus mostly on a jumper and defense.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/13/2020  6:32 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
ccinflushing wrote:I think Frank's progressing fine given his injury/team situation. I don't think Fizdale did him any favours, with his wack line-up and rotations and general lack of structure or accountability. Frank has improved his core strength and his handles, as well his playmaking skills. His reads on offense has gotten a lot better and he's generally making the right decisions quicker. He's getting to his spots and is less hesitant about shooting, which has helped his percentage.

His progress in his 3rd year stack up against guys like Kyle Lowry, Kemba Walker, Goran Dragic and Spencer Dinwiddie, even though he's two to three years younger. Those guys turned out to be pretty good players and I think Frank will be too.

To have as rough a start as he has had while, with the amount of pressure and expectations he has had placed on him in this market. To fight through all that and work his way up. Shows a level of mental toughness and focus. He were to continue this trajectory(from the last 2 months of gms he played) and have a strong season next yr. Sky is the limit for his confidence, and NY will end up having crafted a diamond.

He really hasn't worked his way up to anything, The knicks continue to bring in PG after pg because of his lack of production.

FANS just want that feel good story because he's a good kid, but if frank was drafted by dallas and traded to the knicks there would be zero patience for him, just like there's zero patience for DSJ.

DSJ is slightly a better player then frank,(even though is attitude sucks) and he gets little to no love around here.

I like frank (on another team in a better situation with a define role), but I know that there's a 95% chance that he will continue to struggle in NY because the knicks don't have there sht together

Frank came in weak physically, suspect handle, not willing to penetrate, passing up open 3s while clanking others, below average ft shooter for the few FTs he did take.

Just as the video in this thread shows, his handle is waaaaaay tighter. He is more capable and willing to penetrate into the paint. He even finished through contact over 2 defenders in one of the highlights. More decisive taking the shot. Yada yada yada. Point is you see the improvements to his offensive game. He is already strong defensively.

He has shown glimpses just like in this highlight, Fiba, vs Dallas, vs Houston etc... of him being a vital reason the game was won for his play on both sides of the ball. There is something to that for the 21 yr old. more & more its becoming when instead of if. If Knicks acquire a stud guard and he backs up the position its a win win. Would turn longtime weakness into the strength of the team.

Dennis Smith Jr had the talent to be the #1 pick in the draft when he came out. There is nobody that has stopped DSJr from coming here and solving all our PG problems for the next decade dating back to last season when he played his first Knick game. He had the talent to come in and drop 20+pts per game in a lost season and *take* the wheel. Continue to build on that and be a stud pg on the team right now & going forward.

I can't name the improvements to his game. He already was equiped with speed, quickness, mind blowing athleticism & handle coming in. So really he had to focus mostly on a jumper and defense.

I would say DSJ also needs to work on his playmaking. He had a tough year and a lot of the hate he got is unfair. But you're right. DSJ regressed. He got plenty of time to play through it, but he just looked sluggish. I don't know if he was injured or his summer workout routine was off, but he didn't offer anything of value on the court. Let's hope he gets right.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Member: #582
5/14/2020  9:52 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:

My issue is really not with Frank or DSJ, it's how they are being develop, at the rate the knicks have them at, their rookie contracts will have expired with them still not much better then when the started.

By then (like payton and mario in orlando) the franchise will give up and either trade them or let them walk.

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
5/14/2020  12:30 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:

My issue is really not with Frank or DSJ, it's how they are being develop, at the rate the knicks have them at, their rookie contracts will have expired with them still not much better then when the started.

By then (like payton and mario in orlando) the franchise will give up and either trade them or let them walk.

Frank is already one of the better defensive guards in the league. He can have a role in the NBA for years just off that alone. Offensively we've been watching him since his rookie yr. We know the issues that were setting him back named in the previous post(strength, handle, confidence). He has shown to be improving in those areas which will make way for offensive growth.

Between Frank and Mitch you could have elite defensive either role players or pillars of your team locked in by the time they hit prime.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/14/2020  12:46 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:

You lobbed together 4 players all as one and the same. That just seems shallow.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/14/2020  12:52 PM
I hope the momemtum wasnt lost either. No clue as to what will happen. As good as Frank is at stopping guys going north/south. He has trouble stopping players who are good at going east/west.
Hope Frank is using the time off to work on his lateral movement. Frank can do that on his own.
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

7/8/2020  11:12 PM
GT2AM wrote:It's a shame that offense is the only thing that counts. If it was even in our minds we would be elated that we drafted one of the next great defenders in the league. Can anyone name a better defender from the last 3 drafts since Ntilikina? They spend half the time on defense. Just saying...

Frank N lacks a killer instinct.

You need an "invincible mindset" to succeed in professional sports.

A killer instinct doesn't mean Ray Lewis type bravado either. He sees his opponents as competition, but he needs to see them as prey.

If he wants to succeed as a defender only, he needs some hard Patrick Beverley in him. A relentless pit bull.

Honestly, if I was his coach, I'd find a guy who clearly had no chance to make the team, pay that guy off in private in cash, then have him start a fight with Frank N in practice. But this is not football, I recognize that.

Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

7/9/2020  1:47 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:

Frank is already one of the better defensive guards in the league. He can have a role in the NBA for years just off that alone. Offensively we've been watching him since his rookie yr. We know the issues that were setting him back named in the previous post(strength, handle, confidence). He has shown to be improving in those areas which will make way for offensive growth.

Between Frank and Mitch you could have elite defensive either role players or pillars of your team locked in by the time they hit prime.

All the Knicks 3 yrs of different head-coaches development of the 6/7 Frank Ntilikina were all WRONG from day one!
Frank's young defensive skills entering the NBA are similar to the Bulls 2011-14 young Jimmy Butler (6/7 Point-foward). Frank should've been develop as a future Point-Foward. And put in guard tandem lineups alongside PG Payton, or PG DSJr, or PG Kadeem, or PG Trier, or PG Mudiay, or PG Burke, or PG Jarrett Jack.
When coach Horn did put PG Frank & PG Baker in the same lineup together it was the end of the season and the two guards made the Knicks look decent at the guard position by winning games we should have lost.
Both Frank/Baker played decent ball at either guard position, and perform well together on both sides of the court.
I will admit, trading for DSJr on the deadline, I had believe we Knick-fans were gonna watch coach Fiz play a lot of Frank & DSJr guard tandem in lineups throughout the 2019-20 season.

I guess I was a fool again to believe the 2019-20 Knicks were gonna start their rebuilding season by putting some strong effort into developing the young-core players into mixing well together in lineups throughout the season.

DSJr running the point having a tall Frank to pass the ball to, plus get the ball back after running around a Gibson screen or MitchRob pick for a open-shot, or layup/dunk or a pass to a open teammate would give Knick fans some team-chemistry excitement. Frank Ntilikina complimentary skills would've been dynamic at the SG spot the past 3 Knicks seasons !!!

The Atlantic: What NBA scouts and the numbers say about Knicks guard Frank Ntilikina’s future

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy