[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Look how big wiseman is getting
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/6/2020  7:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/6/2020  8:09 AM

Nobody like this guy.7–1 250 doing half court penetration drills off the dribble. He’s 19. Hrs gonna be a nightmare match up at the 5 but skilled enough to move to 4. You can’t teach being 7-1 250.

Maybe LaMelo Ball the only other guy who can physically dominate his individual position based on physical size of the player. But he doesnt shoot it well

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/6/2020  11:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/6/2020  11:42 AM
Dude most certainly can take it to the hoop one on one with a midget and a padded paddle!
Its not that anyone hates him, its just they don't have your enthusiasm as he has not performed but for a few games in November.
A few videos won't do much to sway. On the surface I agree with you and think this kid can be an AD type of player. But, thats just me thinking. Im no scout.
What we are seeing is the problem that has plagued many bigs over the years and more so as they are now more mobile which is INJuRY. Bagley and Issac broke. KP broke bad. Not all do. Durant lasted a very long time and I don't recall KG going down for a long spell. He, like Giannis were allowed to grow into their bodies and while doing added tools to the talent. No doubt genetics playes a big Part in this. Karl Malone was a genetic freak who is I won't put Barkley there because he was about 6-4. He is in the "Zion" converstaion of Power players. What Luca is doing is a bit out of the norm. Kid is 6-8, a bit with a "Dad body" but with Larry Bird fundamentals and instincts. Funny, we look at another white euro in Dani and slam him as "No Luca" but he has the kind of build that might sustain the rigors of the NBA. His body of work is impressive but not Luca like.
We don't have the hindsight yet. Kudos to Dallas to making the move to get him. ATL sitll did well with Trae Young. Win-win.

I for one see Wiseman as a potential compliment to Mitch. For a rookie, he need not start "Over" him and perhaps in time the team settles its talent and can trade one or the other. Evntually the Rockets won two chips settling with Hakeem rather than Simpson. Injury to Ralph had a lot to do with it.
As for the "modern game" its always changing and perhaps the glamor of Harden and Curry shooting "Layups" from silly distances is based on talent and at the same time it still evolve. At some point having a Mitch guard these freaky 7 footers like KP, Durant and Lauri on the parimeter will neuralized them a bit? Part of evolution is stopping it. Can Wiseman defend the rim? Maybe the evolution is having both? I don't know. Mabye Thibs is the guy to furhter the next round but its talent that drives the direction of the team. When Phil smirked (He has 11 rings, he could smirk) at GSW long range shooting he did so because no team had broken thru and won chips that way. The b
east teams had all the weapons. GSW I think rarely got cred for its defense but let just keep it simple. GSW did not fully understand what they had in curry when they drafted him. Then Comes KLAY and then Draymond and you have a perfect storm of talent coming together not seen prior with new lax rules to enhance offense. Now we get a KP who at 7'3 shoots like a PG. Now the league has to defend it.
When Nalod pushes back that all we do is try to replicate the past its becuase I don't read enough about having the imagination to what can be. The league will continue to change. Is Zion, the next evolution of power the new thing? Someone has to stop Zion!!!! (He looks fat again? Thats another subject.) With a new fusion of executive talent this team is not going to think at all as it has in the past. We have space, draft picks and some excellent youth as well as some on the fence. But don't expect anyting like we have seen before. Not to say the results will be automatic, this is not an easy game.
As for Wiseman I trust if we have a high enough pick, and some form of due dilligence by our execs I assume there is a higher level of thought than the ideal of him, and the few videos we see. Circling back bigs have higher risks. Physics as mentinoned by Phil when early critical of KP by his injury concerns are not to ignored. Shaq never evolved into a paremimter threat and perhaps it was one key to him lasting as long as he did. He was a power player. Ewing lost much of his athletic advantage by his late 20's but had worked hard on his fundamentals which prolonged his career for years after he knees succumbed to the pressure. I love the ideal of Wiseman. Obviously if he falls to us at 6th that means 5 teams have doubts and as would fans. Why that happens is on part some teams draft by position? Not convinced on his potential? Have a shorter window? Find something on an X-ray that needs time (Norlens, Emiid, Porter, etc). These bigs need time. Knick fans look in the mirror, you really want to grant more time?

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
8/6/2020  1:18 PM
I love the 90s Knicks. That's why I sill love JVG. Taking Wiseman #1 if we are lucky enough would be a godsend in my eyes. Having a new age twin towers would be fun to watch. Lucky again and pick Bey with the Clips pick and we got a really tall first five. Mitch, Wiseman, Bey, RJ, Frank. I can roll with that.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
8/8/2020  9:00 PM
i'll say this- whether Wiseman is the pick, the best player available - this Knicks Franchise needs some luck, and getting the top pick or lucking out and finding a real talent in this draft is absolutely needed if the franchise ever hopes to be relevant.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
8/8/2020  9:55 PM
franco12 wrote:i'll say this- whether Wiseman is the pick, the best player available - this Knicks Franchise needs some luck, and getting the top pick or lucking out and finding a real talent in this draft is absolutely needed if the franchise ever hopes to be relevant.

You mean like they had in 2015?

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
8/8/2020  10:36 PM
Panos wrote:
franco12 wrote:i'll say this- whether Wiseman is the pick, the best player available - this Knicks Franchise needs some luck, and getting the top pick or lucking out and finding a real talent in this draft is absolutely needed if the franchise ever hopes to be relevant.

You mean like they had in 2015?

yes except this time, don't mess it up!

Look how big wiseman is getting

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy