Look how big wiseman is getting
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/29/2020  1:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/29/2020  1:14 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_ars_9j4zr/
Has to be 260 now. NBA monster at 19
He’s gonna be a franchise player from minute 1.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/29/2020  1:16 PM
Yeah I’m not against getting him at all. I just hope the front office isn’t dead set on a PG no matter what.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/29/2020  1:20 PM
When the ping pong balls rise, we’ll know our place....
BRIGGS
4/29/2020  1:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/29/2020  1:33 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:Yeah I’m not against getting him at all. I just hope the front office isn’t dead set on a PG no matter what.

There are some good players in the draft. He’s the only franchise player imo
He’s 7-1 prob 260 muscular legs no fat. I know it’s basic but that’s how you learn great fundamental footwork. He’s working hard he’s a smart kid too. He’s just going to physically dominate guys quick. Not many his size

I’d feel dam good about this team going forward with Barrett abd Wiseman. It would be the first time in over 20 years. I don’t feel that way with ANY other draft pick. Those would be our 2 main guys and we could just fill it out smart

RIP Crushalot😞
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/29/2020  3:15 PM
did you not already start a thread on wiseman? I remember watching one of the scouting videos - and thinking, wow, he has awful hands.

Size isn't everything. Footwork, agility, coordination matter, especially in the NBA.

I'll trust our front office - hope they do well.

More than anything, I hope we get lucky- The last big man you were in love with was Okafor, no? And I remember seeing him in video, and thinking, wow what a great offensive talent. Is he in the league next year?

I hope we get lucky, and if a 'can't miss have to take him' player like wiseman is going to bust out like Okafor, I hope we miss out on making that mistake, and perhaps end up with a lower ceiling but serviceable player.

BRIGGS
4/29/2020  4:22 PM
franco12 wrote:did you not already start a thread on wiseman? I remember watching one of the scouting videos - and thinking, wow, he has awful hands.

Size isn't everything. Footwork, agility, coordination matter, especially in the NBA.

More than anything, I hope we get lucky- The last big man you were in love with was Okafor, no? And I remember seeing him in video, and thinking, wow what a great offensive talent. Is he in the league next year?

I hope we get lucky, and if a 'can't miss have to take him' player like wiseman is going to bust out like Okafor, I hope we miss out on making that mistake, and perhaps end up with a lower ceiling but serviceable player.

Absolute 100% no brainer. Please let us get lucky

RIP Crushalot😞
ekstarks94
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6104

4/29/2020  4:35 PM
franco12 wrote:did you not already start a thread on wiseman? I remember watching one of the scouting videos - and thinking, wow, he has awful hands.

Didn't Mitch have awful hands at the start?

Wiseman can be a beast if his game is more patterned like KAT but better defensively. Say we get 5-6 do you trade Mitch and Knox or a pick to get Wiseman.

ankurk
Member: #6075

4/29/2020  5:09 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:

Wiseman can be a beast if his game is more patterned like KAT but better defensively. Say we get 5-6 do you trade Mitch and Knox or a pick to get Wiseman.

easy yes. EASY.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/29/2020  6:23 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:

Mitch looked like Jerry Rice compared to Wiseman. Mitch was obviously nervous playing against NBA competition after a season long hiatus. Wiseman was playing against sub D1 competition.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/29/2020  9:17 PM
Wiseman might end up being the next David Robinson but I am sticking with Mitch. Home grown talent is the best
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/29/2020  9:47 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Wiseman might end up being the next David Robinson but I am sticking with Mitch. Home grown talent is the best

Wiseman would be homegrown as well???

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/29/2020  9:57 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Wiseman might end up being the next David Robinson but I am sticking with Mitch. Home grown talent is the best
Wiseman would be homegrown as well???
Good point
Nalod
USA
4/30/2020  12:31 AM
The Timmy and Admiral show worked out ok.
Growth them both! Who says we have to have one or the other?
Wiseman will need time.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/30/2020  6:14 AM
to me this is looking like 2018 when ayton and bagley were taken before doncic and ayton, bagley and jackson before trae young. ball is the player i predict will be the best nba’er in this draft and i’d take him #1.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
4/30/2020  9:10 AM
It really is a question of whether you want to keep your Alonzo Mourning type or draft David Robinson/Shaq and forgo drafting a D-Wade type (Anthony Edwards) or a young Penny Hardaway (LaMelo Ball). I would just keep Mitchell and draft Edwards or Ball. Now I would also explore what I could get for Mitch and if I could trade for a starting pg, I would consider it but it would have to be someone proven and young (no more DSJr based on potential moves). Someone like shai Gilmore-alexander, who we could have drafted by the way.
Trust the Process
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/30/2020  9:19 AM
TheGame wrote:It really is a question of whether you want to keep your Alonzo Mourning type or draft David Robinson/Shaq and forgo drafting a D-Wade type (Anthony Edwards) or a young Penny Hardaway (LaMelo Ball). I would just keep Mitchell and draft Edwards or Ball. Now I would also explore what I could get for Mitch and if I could trade for a starting pg, I would consider it but it would have to be someone proven and young (no more DSJr based on potential moves). Someone like shai Gilmore-alexander, who we could have drafted by the way.

yeah the shai thing hurts but in all fairness he looked like an exact clone of frank coming out just one year after we took frank.

Knickfury11
Member: #8856
United Kingdom
4/30/2020  9:45 AM
Nalod wrote:The Timmy and Admiral show worked out ok.
Wiseman will need time.

Duncan & Robinson were awesome but the NBA is a different game nowadays. Mitch or Wiseman would really have to develop massively as perimeter scorers. Wiseman has huge potential but will need time like you say. Are we drafting on the basis of future potential or immediate impact? If its the latter I go Edwards all day.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/30/2020  11:38 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:Yeah I’m not against getting him at all. I just hope the front office isn’t dead set on a PG no matter what.

They never have, which is why we haven't drafted one since charlie ward.

Look how many really good pg's that have been drafter recently, we made no moves to try and move up to get a trey, Ja or fox to name a few.

Its crazy how long it's been since we made that position a top priority, we just continue to either trade or acquire overrated pg's, past his prime pg, a pg that can't shoot, or one that shoots too much, ones that pass too much, ones that plays no defense, ones that sulk on the bench, pg's with their own agenda, pgs that are way to slow.

what make it so bad is that that's the position that seems to be the missing link on every roster that's been assemble in the last 20+ yrs

ES
Nalod
USA
4/30/2020  11:45 AM
Knickfury11 wrote:
Nalod wrote:The Timmy and Admiral show worked out ok.
Wiseman will need time.

Duncan & Robinson were awesome but the NBA is a different game nowadays. Mitch or Wiseman would really have to develop massively as perimeter scorers. Wiseman has huge potential but will need time like you say. Are we drafting on the basis of future potential or immediate impact? If its the latter I go Edwards all day.

Keep both and trade down the road. The game has changed but there is still plenty of value in good big men. And......things change again too based on the talent.
Ayton is really good BTW, We are overlooking him.
Since draft order is not known its a moot arguement. But.........I stick to ranking my picks then taking the highest. All things equal then you draft on position/Need!!
Wiseman/Mitch. Edwards/RJ. Both redundant. Grow them and increase the upside. If its a problem, then they are good trade assets.

Knickfury11
Member: #8856
United Kingdom
5/4/2020  3:56 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

There are some good players in the draft. He’s the only franchise player imo
He’s 7-1 prob 260 muscular legs no fat. I know it’s basic but that’s how you learn great fundamental footwork. He’s working hard he’s a smart kid too. He’s just going to physically dominate guys quick. Not many his size

I’d feel dam good about this team going forward with Barrett abd Wiseman. It would be the first time in over 20 years. I don’t feel that way with ANY other draft pick. Those would be our 2 main guys and we could just fill it out smart

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/prospect-rankings

If the mock draft as above is anywhere near accurate we got a real chance at landing this guy...

Look how big wiseman is getting

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy