[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

High on iggy bradzekis
Author Thread
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

4/15/2020  1:34 PM
Of course what few here (or anywhere) will say is that they don't really know. Some are more informed in their opinions than others but a cursory view of the history of NBA lottery picks will indicate there is always a crapshoot aspect with prospects. Even more so with 2nd rounders. I certainly am hopeful for Iggy and hope he gets his shot. And oh yeah defense is real important in my eyes.
AUTOADVERT
NotInMyHouse
Member: #6433

4/15/2020  3:51 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Of course what few here (or anywhere) will say is that they don't really know. Some are more informed in their opinions than others but a cursory view of the history of NBA lottery picks will indicate there is always a crapshoot aspect with prospects. Even more so with 2nd rounders. I certainly am hopeful for Iggy and hope he gets his shot. And oh yeah defense is real important in my eyes.

Come on, he has a great shot!

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/16/2020  12:12 PM
he's a nice prospect. Dont see him as a 2/3/4.. he's 6'6 (measured 6'7 in shoes and isnt very long), not 6'8. He looks like a 2/3 bench scorer. He plays really hard. He doesnt have the length or quickness to be a high end/lockdown defender, but certainly looks like the type to play hard, fight over screens, etc and be part of a good team defense. He hits the boards as well. He should be up here challenging Knox for minutes plain and simple.

Can he be as effective a scorer vs. NBA defenders?

His combine write up is very good and still accurate I think:

About Ignas Brazdeikis

Ignas Brazdeikis is an aggressive scoring forward with a reliable jump shot and great instincts as a slasher. Born in Lithuania but a Canadian citizen, Brazdeikis averaged 14.7 points and 6.9 rebounds per game in a breakout performance at the 2016 FIBA U17 World Championship. A consensus top-100 prospect in the high school class of 2018 attending the Nike Hoop Summit and Biosteel All-Canadian Game, the forward exceeded expectations in a major way in his only season under John Beilein averaging 14.8 points and 5.4 rebounds per game to earn Big Ten Freshman of the Year honors.

Possesses average size and length for a forward measuring 6’7.25 in shoes with a 6’9.25 wingspan and a significantly improved 221-pound frame at the NBA Draft Combine. Capable athlete with a nice combination of strength, footwork, and physicality.

Hard-working player who scored the ball at a strong rate as a freshman spacing the floor aggressively and hunting shots around the rim in a complementary role. Posted impressive efficiency numbers showing great offensive instincts and a knack for scoring opportunistically in Michigan’s spacing-friendly offense.
Defensive Analysis

Plays with energy and intensity defensively. Was not known for that early in his career but held his own for one of the country’s top defensive units this season. Not the most polished defender off the ball, and lacks a degree of length in some matchups, but competes with a sense of urgency.
Allowed 0.649 points per Isolation possession[69th percentile] as his intensity served him better on the perimeter than in the post last season.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knickfury11
Member: #8856
United Kingdom
4/20/2020  4:09 PM
Iggy’s a player that’s hard to dislike because he plays so hard but in reality I don’t see the guy ever starting. As previously stated what position is he? What positions can he defend at a high level? A career rotation player I think. I’d like to be wrong because you love the guy’s passion and attitude. Deserves a look...
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/21/2020  9:51 AM
if this was 1992 a player like iggy would have little chance to succeed. In 2020 in the right system he has a nice chance to flourish
RIP Crushalot😞
Knickfury11
Member: #8856
United Kingdom
4/22/2020  11:23 AM
Recently caught his G league highlights and looks to really be playing well. Deserving of a call up but won’t get my hopes up too much. Under the right coaching staff who knows?
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/23/2020  11:35 AM
This thread at least made me interested in finding out what Biosteel is ....

If nothing else, I would agree with fishmike. Iggy doesn't look like he would have Knox's propensity for disappearing during games. Would definitely be more fun to watch him fighting through screens.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/23/2020  2:33 PM
I think anyone name "Iggy" can't miss to be a fan favorite. Been a while. We had "Wingo", "Gonzo", "Ticky" and "Moochie"........time for an "Iggy"!
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

7/10/2020  11:52 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
franco12 wrote:how can any of you say this stuff - he's played exactly 53 minutes in the nba. Lavor Postell played 3x as many minutes at about the same age, and he ended up out of the league, but did more!

Different players. Iggy is going to be a player in the nba- a good rotational player

La Perla is aggressive, I'll give him that. He's got a killer instinct that a lot of these other guys just don't have. The "Euro Bias" is going to work against him. He'll struggle to get calls and if you add in his style of play, he's gonna take some beatings.

He needs the ball in his hands to be effective , just like the other young guys. That, in itself, is going to create a problem. At least he can shoot.

Sadly, he does look like a Quad A type guy. I don't see a long term breakthrough. Though I hope I am wrong.

High on iggy bradzekis

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy