[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jalen Rose says WWW told him Scott Perry is staying
Author Thread
TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
4/9/2020  6:01 PM
The new coach needs to have a say in the players coming in. Hence why picking the right coach is the most important.
AUTOADVERT
Kemet
Member: #6148

4/10/2020  12:02 AM
wargames wrote:
Kemet wrote:Agent Rose would do best hiring Thibs as the Knicks GM/Head-Coach, while letting Perry finish out his contract as assistant GM. Plus resign Miller to a 4 yr contract as assistant head-coach.
Adding Atkinson to Thibs & Miller's Knicks coaching staff would be the start of rebuilding a winning Knicks team.
Pat Riley said it best years ago, the Knicks are one of the top big market teams that need players, coaches, and GM on the same-page".

Thibs did horrible as a GM/Coach. Horrible!!

Thib's didn't do so bad his first time as a GM/Coach, especially in Minnesota vs several of the NBA top scoring tandem guards unit in the West coast.
I have to give KG big props on lifting a small market mismanagement Timberwolves organization for a decade.
Thib's wasnt able to get the Wolves a leadership PG to go alongside Butler in the starter lineup from trade, FA, or draft within two offseason .. so Butler wanted out of COLD Minnesota !!!

The Knicks need an experience-coach that's able to call shots at the GM level too. And probably the only candidate available are our ex-knick assistant-coach Thibs. Hiring Thibs than rehiring Miller, and letting Perry finish out his contract as GM would only help the team.
The Knicks coaching-staff the past 5 season has been planless and awful !!!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/10/2020  11:12 AM
Chandler wrote:
I'd like to think if Scott stays it's based more on a paucity of quality replacement candidates than anyone thinking he has actually done a good job

he certainly get's credit for Mitch, and Iggy seems intriguing but after that there are "incompletes" (e.g., KK) or grotesque F- (way he has mismanaged pg situation) and is i suspect at least complicit in the worst trade in our sorry history

Why lay judgement when the season is not over? The bulls move to hire the GM is curious at best. Logic tells me his contract was up and since it was a promotion and likely Nuggets we’re moving on without him.
If knicks have their guys lined up and a similar proposition they also could make their move. Blaming or complimenting Perry without knowing his input on anything is short sighted. He was the assistant GM in Orlando. Here he was one part of the process. not his idea to trade Melo, he walked into it. Did ok but how do we contrast and compare? Trade KP. Whose idea was that? Wait, it was phils, nope, DOlan nixed it. MIlls could not fix it, then falls on Perry/mills. Seems Mills was the fall guy as the team was rudderless.
If Leon likes Perry then its on Leon to set the agenda, and for Perry to execute part of the details.
We have had HOF coaches here but that never translated. Why? Each team has its own particulars.
Give me a list of what Perry decisions were and then I’d be glad to judge them. Not just the decisions by which he was associated with. He might have disagreed. If so that matters on the bad ones. With KP, he had a limited hand. Do we have verified alternative trades to compare?

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/10/2020  11:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/10/2020  11:29 AM
TLover wrote:The new coach needs to have a say in the players coming in. Hence why picking the right coach is the most important.

I'd agree if this was football but I don't here. In the NBA, more than any other league, is a players' driven league. I think the person selecting players is more important because of that. Scott Brooks looked like the future in OKC and now looks like a stooge in WAS

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/10/2020  11:44 AM
Hardly one formula. If your coach is an inflexible HOF with his system then you mold the team to him. Knicks might be the poster child for what not to do. Nellie, Larry, MDA....all he their thing but not a roster to execute it.
Winning basketball has many paths. You draft guys and perhaps change based on personal. Then you build on that. Simple? The concept is but the execution is not.
Wiz losing John Wall for two years in his prime will make any coach look bad. Walls cap was massive.
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/13/2020  5:06 PM
Nalod wrote:
Chandler wrote:
I'd like to think if Scott stays it's based more on a paucity of quality replacement candidates than anyone thinking he has actually done a good job

he certainly get's credit for Mitch, and Iggy seems intriguing but after that there are "incompletes" (e.g., KK) or grotesque F- (way he has mismanaged pg situation) and is i suspect at least complicit in the worst trade in our sorry history

Why lay judgement when the season is not over? The bulls move to hire the GM is curious at best. Logic tells me his contract was up and since it was a promotion and likely Nuggets we’re moving on without him.
If knicks have their guys lined up and a similar proposition they also could make their move. Blaming or complimenting Perry without knowing his input on anything is short sighted. He was the assistant GM in Orlando. Here he was one part of the process. not his idea to trade Melo, he walked into it. Did ok but how do we contrast and compare? Trade KP. Whose idea was that? Wait, it was phils, nope, DOlan nixed it. MIlls could not fix it, then falls on Perry/mills. Seems Mills was the fall guy as the team was rudderless.
If Leon likes Perry then its on Leon to set the agenda, and for Perry to execute part of the details.
We have had HOF coaches here but that never translated. Why? Each team has its own particulars.
Give me a list of what Perry decisions were and then I’d be glad to judge them. Not just the decisions by which he was associated with. He might have disagreed. If so that matters on the bad ones. With KP, he had a limited hand. Do we have verified alternative trades to compare?

Well apparently no one wants to own up to that decision -- so let's not do anything

You're entitled to think it was everyone else, e.g., Mills and/or Dolan, and Scotty was in dissent, but I'm not going there and instead basing things on what we see which includes things like complete F on pg mgmt -- Mudiay, SMith Payton (who i like in back up) trying to dump Frank

I've seen enough. No surprise. He has performed as if he is a Magic, Kings castoff

(5)(5)
Jalen Rose says WWW told him Scott Perry is staying

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy