[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

REPORT: Some Knicks (probably all) sick of Randle's spinovers
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/3/2020  1:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/3/2020  1:47 AM
https://nypost.com/2020/04/03/the-julius-randle-habit-thats-driving-knicks-teammates-crazy/
Randle’s traditional numbers are strong but bittersweet.

If there are no more regular-season games due to the coronavirus pandemic, Randle will finish 32nd in the league in scoring (19.5), 14th in rebounding (9.7) while posting the 12th-highest total of double-doubles (30).

Nevertheless, some Knicks, including rookie RJ Barrett, were frustrated by Randle’s penchant for not distributing the ball quickly enough and dribbling too much, according to two sources familiar with the situation.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/3/2020  6:30 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:https://nypost.com/2020/04/03/the-julius-randle-habit-thats-driving-knicks-teammates-crazy/

If there are no more regular-season games due to the coronavirus pandemic, Randle will finish 32nd in the league in scoring (19.5), 14th in rebounding (9.7) while posting the 12th-highest total of double-doubles (30).

Nevertheless, some Knicks, including rookie RJ Barrett, were frustrated by Randle’s penchant for not distributing the ball quickly enough and dribbling too much, according to two sources familiar with the situation.

I don’t blame any of them.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/3/2020  8:20 AM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Allanfan20
USA
4/3/2020  8:36 AM
BTW.... where are we getting this info besides the post? While I said I don’t blame them and I wouldn’t be surprised, is this really an article to be taken serious?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/3/2020  8:40 AM
When you lose more than win, there are issues.
We all talked about how Randle should not be a top option on the team.
But..........
His numbers were very good. Is he willing and able to evolve his passing?
Easy to type "he has to go". Then your missing a double-double machine. Its not like replacements are just stacked up in the cupboard. Exiling him is not the answer.
Oh wait, he is a CAA client. Never mind!!!
NotInMyHouse
Member: #6433

4/3/2020  9:45 AM
I just wonder what management expected with so many 1 year deals? Ok, Randle has two, but still.
This year was a bit like Summer League at times, and for that very reason. (Though Elfrid and Frank especially, were distributing the ball.)
“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/3/2020  11:39 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:https://nypost.com/2020/04/03/the-julius-randle-habit-thats-driving-knicks-teammates-crazy/

I didn't see any of those guys step up (at least consistently) when Randle was out, or on the bench.

Between the Bad coaching with Fiz, The bad perimeter shooters from the entire roster, and the overall makeup of the team, it was just a bad mix of players. To push the blame on Randle would certainly look like your grasping for straws.

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/3/2020  12:08 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

I didn't see any of those guys step up (at least consistently) when Randle was out, or on the bench.

Between the Bad coaching with Fiz, The bad perimeter shooters from the entire roster, and the overall makeup of the team, it was just a bad mix of players. To push the blame on Randle would certainly look like your grasping for straws.

There’s some chatter that Elf and Randle closed out RJ. I think I saw data that backed this up. I will post it if I can find it.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/3/2020  12:09 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

The writers are grabbing for straws. Why harp on the good Randle bought to the team? Nobody reads that. Randle is not a closer and the turnovers told that story. Morris stepped up, but thats not exactly a vote either.
No sense rehashing what we already know. Im sure lots of guys are frustrated over a lot of things besides Randle's lack speed moving the ball.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/3/2020  1:51 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

There’s some chatter that Elf and Randle closed out RJ. I think I saw data that backed this up. I will post it if I can find it.

Hell yea, i saw the stats on some video a few weeks ago, it was definitely a crazy stat where like 80% of elf's passes went to randle

ES
Allanfan20
USA
4/3/2020  3:11 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

I don’t push the blame on Randle. He’s not as good as his stats show though.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
4/6/2020  10:30 AM
I don’t know that Randle is the long term solution at PF, but he is serviceable if he cuts down on his turnovers. He needs to eliminate that spin move from his game and work on his recognition of the double team. If he can make improvements in those areas, he will be a solid player for us. Are bigger concerns are getting a better pg and finding a SF that can both defend and hit a 3pt shot.
Trust the Process
Allanfan20
USA
4/6/2020  10:36 AM
TheGame wrote:I don’t know that Randle is the long term solution at PF, but he is serviceable if he cuts down on his turnovers. He needs to eliminate that spin move from his game and work on his recognition of the double team. If he can make improvements in those areas, he will be a solid player for us. Are bigger concerns are getting a better pg and finding a SF that can both defend and hit a 3pt shot.

The spin move isn’t the only problem. It’s the disregard for everything. When he grabs the rebound, I’m just assuming that he’s going coast to coast. Morris was a coast to coast player too. It drove me nuts.

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
4/6/2020  10:49 AM
It's not just the spin moves or that he handles the ball - it just reeks of iso ball and causes the same reaction we saw when Melo would take command of the ball. Even Melo shot somewhat quicker at times whereas Randle turns around and starts plodding into the paint. I'll give Randle credit that he generally takes higher percentage shots than Melo and other iso-type players. Compare how players like RJ and Mitch would play off of a Gallinari who spreads the floor and shoots quickly. Pretty safe bet that they would enjoy playing more as the ball moves and everyone doesn't have to stand around and wait for a kick out if Randle gets triple teamed in the paint.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/6/2020  2:00 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
TheGame wrote:I don’t know that Randle is the long term solution at PF, but he is serviceable if he cuts down on his turnovers. He needs to eliminate that spin move from his game and work on his recognition of the double team. If he can make improvements in those areas, he will be a solid player for us. Are bigger concerns are getting a better pg and finding a SF that can both defend and hit a 3pt shot.

The spin move isn’t the only problem. It’s the disregard for everything. When he grabs the rebound, I’m just assuming that he’s going coast to coast. Morris was a coast to coast player too. It drove me nuts.

That was something Fiz pushed in his "positionless" brand of basketball. I thought it was worth a look, preferably in pre-season, but it became obvious that none of those guys could shoulder that responsibility. I got fooled in the beginning of the season when Randle made some nice pocket passes, but it's clear that his vision isn't that good. I don't think he intentionally misses open shooters, he just doesn't see them. And even when he does see them, he doesn't have the necessary arsenal of passes to consistently deliver the ball. Randle is a finisher, not a shot creator. I'm sure part of the free agency spiel to recruit him was the ability to develop into a "star". But he doesn't have the IQ yet. He's still young and it could happen for him if he studies video and gets more comfortable. But we can't count on that.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
REPORT: Some Knicks (probably all) sick of Randle's spinovers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy