[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks were considering trading a 1st for Rozier at the deadline
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
3/31/2020  3:21 AM

I'm assuming these were Mill's las proposed moves before he got canned:

The New York Knicks had interest in trading for Terry Rozier before the 2020 trade deadline.

The Knicks had support internally for a deal that would have sent Julius Randle, Dennis Smith Jr. and a future first round pick to the Charlotte Hornets for Rozier and Malik Monk.

It is not known how close a deal came to being executed.

The Knicks also had interest in trading for D'Angelo Russell.

Both Rozier and Russell were free agents last offseason.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/257738/Knicks-Had-Interest-In-Trading-For-Terry-Rozier-Before-Deadline

A first!!!!! So let me get this straight, we were thinking about trading for a player we could have just signed in the offseason, for the player we signed instead PLUS a first round pick. Ye gods!

AUTOADVERT
NotInMyHouse
Member: #6433

3/31/2020  5:25 AM
It almost seems like they don't want us to succeed.
“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/31/2020  8:30 AM
smackeddog wrote:

The New York Knicks had interest in trading for Terry Rozier before the 2020 trade deadline.

The Knicks had support internally for a deal that would have sent Julius Randle, Dennis Smith Jr. and a future first round pick to the Charlotte Hornets for Rozier and Malik Monk.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/257738/Knicks-Had-Interest-In-Trading-For-Terry-Rozier-Before-Deadline

A first!!!!! So let me get this straight, we were thinking about trading for a player we could have just signed in the offseason, for the player we signed instead PLUS a first round pick. Ye gods!

So your telling me Mills was prepared to pull the trigger on the DLO deal and a deal for Rozier and Perry wanted no part of either so mills was fired.

Then perry trades the leader( of his young team) and his best player for a late 1sr round pick

I think it just a matter of them not knowing how to succeed

ES
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/31/2020  8:59 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

So your telling me Mills was prepared to pull the trigger on the DLO deal and a deal for Rozier and Perry wanted no part of either so mills was fired.

Then perry trades the leader( of his young team) and his best player for a late 1sr round pick

Stop getting so hung up on Morris. He’s not nearly as good as you are giving him credit for.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/31/2020  9:05 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Stop getting so hung up on Morris. He’s not nearly as good as you are giving him credit for.

This. He also was gone at the end of the year. ONe thing last offseason showed was that he was going to go where he could get the most money. The Knicks were killed for how they used their cap space and didn't get involved in the (2?) transactions where teams used assets to dump salary last offseason. Getting a first, a second and the rights to a euro for a guy on an expiring was a good deal. If the Knicks want Morris back they certainly can offer him an over pay for a contract this offseason.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/31/2020  9:38 AM
Perry not calling the shots, he is executing what he is called to do.
Never get mad on rumors. Teams kick a lot of tires and not everything is reported as accurate.
One might assume we might have offered Rozier good money off season but short contract as we did on others.
Dennis was seen in better light last summer. We know in hindsight better.

As said, if we love Mook we can bring him back. he was a good story for us but Bullock had a lot to do with improvement thru the season. So did a lot of other factors. Looked like Knox needed more breathing room and was making strides. Article yesterday spoke to it. You can see the efforts for a while, then some results in a very short window. Thats how it works. Same with Frank. Youngest knick to hang a 20-10 game. I would hope Leon is not to sore at the kid for firing him. Fact is he needed more support?? If Leon is the true professional he won’t hold grudge. He works for us, not CAA now.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/31/2020  10:27 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Stop getting so hung up on Morris. He's not nearly as good as you are giving him credit for.

This. He also was gone at the end of the year. ONe thing last offseason showed was that he was going to go where he could get the most money. The Knicks were killed for how they used their cap space and didn't get involved in the (2?) transactions where teams used assets to dump salary last offseason. Getting a first, a second and the rights to a euro for a guy on an expiring was a good deal. If the Knicks want Morris back they certainly can offer him an over pay for a contract this offseason.

Perry getting a 1st for Morris was the way to go. I don't understand how anyone can argue that this was a bad move
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/31/2020  11:01 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Exactly. Morris was better than, say, Chris Duhon but both put up numbers because they were featured players that probably should have never been featured in the first place

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/31/2020  11:03 AM
Ridiculous, especially considering we could have had Rozier for his current contract last summer instead of Randle. A lot of us were hoping for Rozier, who i felt was the perfect 3&D PG to play alongside Barrett. So they were only willing to give him a 1 year deal, but gave Randle the 3 year deal, and then try to attach a first to trade Randle for Rozier on a 3 year deal? I swear no one left can support the previous front office with this type of mismanagement. We could have Rozier instead of Randle right now if this front office had prioritized improving guard play and 3pt shooting last summer instead of loading up on bigs.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
3/31/2020  11:11 AM
This clearly is a pre-April Fools joke. No one would trade Randle, Smith and a 1st rounder for Rozier and Monk. Rozier is not a PG and he is not even the best PG on the Hornets, and Monk has been only so-so in her three years in the league. Rozier is not the long-term solution at PG, so this would have been a terrible move, especially since it would have meant us keeping Morris, which I assume was one of the goals of this move. No wonder Mills got fired. Even DOlan was probably like "that move is just nonsense."
Trust the Process
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/31/2020  11:47 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

If you going to base Morris Value by his production on the floor, then you missing my point, His value IMO was off the court, wanting to take the big shot, showing this youngs guys how to prepare.

Morris wanted to be here, wanted to be close to his father, wanted to help with the young guys, was showing them toughness and resilience and having a winning mentality, the money was just the ICING. Besides Mills and Perry overpaid for every FA they signed or traded for

You think your going to get that production out of a 19 yr old 27th pick in a weak draft, That kid won't give you 1/10th of what morris gives you.

The best thing they can do with that pick is packaged it in another trade

ES
CrushAlot
USA
3/31/2020  11:59 AM
Nalod wrote:Perry not calling the shots, he is executing what he is called to do.
Never get mad on rumors. Teams kick a lot of tires and not everything is reported as accurate.
One might assume we might have offered Rozier good money off season but short contract as we did on others.

As said, if we love Mook we can bring him back. he was a good story for us but Bullock had a lot to do with improvement thru the season. So did a lot of other factors. Looked like Knox needed more breathing room and was making strides. Article yesterday spoke to it. You can see the efforts for a while, then some results in a very short window. Thats how it works. Same with Frank. Youngest knick to hang a 20-10 game. I would hope Leon is not to sore at the kid for firing him. Fact is he needed more support?? If Leon is the true professional he won’t hold grudge. He works for us, not CAA now.

I caught a podcast with Macri and Wolfe recently. Both guys got to spend sometime in the Knicks locker room working for SI. They both commented on Bullock. Said he was a nice guy but one of the first out of the locker room, kept to himself and they hoped if he was back he might step up into a vet leader role. Both guys credited Taj and Ellington as being the vet leaders.
Nalod
USA
3/31/2020  1:16 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:Perry not calling the shots, he is executing what he is called to do.

I caught a podcast with Macri and Wolfe recently. Both guys got to spend sometime in the Knicks locker room working for SI. They both commented on Bullock. Said he was a nice guy but one of the first out of the locker room, kept to himself and they hoped if he was back he might step up into a vet leader role. Both guys credited Taj and Ellington as being the vet leaders.

Was thinking more of on court performance after Fiz was fired.

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/31/2020  1:43 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Didn't they say that about randle? Thats what I thought they said anyways- Or was it Berman who said that when he was on the show? they said maybe his slow start really made him vacate the leadership role.

CrushAlot
USA
3/31/2020  1:51 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Didn't they say that about randle? Thats what I thought they said anyways- Or was it Berman who said that when he was on the show? they said maybe his slow start really made him vacate the leadership role.

I did hear it about Randle. I think Berman and both of those guys said it about Randle

He

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/31/2020  2:10 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

That's a weird take for me and somewhere in the grey area of things. WHY is it important that Bullock not jet before Macri and Wolfe get to ask them questions? I know why it's important to them but I don't know why that's important to those who he is supposedly trying to act like a vet with.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/31/2020  2:21 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Slow starts and vacating don’t belong in the same sentence as leadership. Either you are a leader or you aren’t. If you’re playing like crap, you can still lead verbally or lead by example by hustling even harder and working in practice to get out of your slump. And you most certainly don’t vacate your leadership role or wait until next season to see if you come back. That simply means you are not meant to be a leader and it might even show a lack of professionalism.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
3/31/2020  5:04 PM
In fairness to Bullock, he could not play for most of the season, so I can understand why he was not trying to take a leadership role. It is hard to lead on a new team that you have never been apart of when you cannot even play yet.
Trust the Process
Nalod
USA
3/31/2020  5:50 PM
Miller became the coach, Payton returned and Bullock was activated. It adds up.
Bullock hit shots, thats leadership.
Randle played ever game, played hard most nights, seemed like he worked hard. Thats leadership.
Taj played great in limited minutes. Thats leadership.
Mook played hard, was vocal. thats leadership.
Love that we traded him, and if so we can bring him back.
Knicks were considering trading a 1st for Rozier at the deadline

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy