NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/8/2020  7:47 PM
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I also started watching Star Trek The Next Generation. Never saw it before. Planning on watching the whole series then the movies then Picard. I was never really a star trek fan but I started watching The Orville and Star Trek Discovery and really liked both. Enjoying it so far.
It gets way better after the first 2 seasons (I hate season 1 and season 2 is very corny!)

If you like it all, do give Deep Space Nine a try, it's my favorite, has aged the best, and has an ongoing story arc (takes a few seasons to get going), is a bit darker and better character development.

I'm on the middle of the 2nd season. Riker is weirding me out. The way he walks and stands. What the heck is that lean?

When you see the ep 'the icarus factor', you'll understand why Riker is so f'd up, lol
Just finished watching Icarus factor. Yup.
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/9/2020  1:22 PM
Stones are releasing some old songs they recorded but never released. One with Jimmy Page in 74', Looking forward to hearing them.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/jul/09/rolling-stones-jimmy-page-led-zeppelin-lost-song-scarlet

Getting Ace Combat 7 for the PS4 today. Will give a review later.

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
7/9/2020  1:54 PM
Have been in LA for the last 2 months. Workin 12 hour shifts, no time for social life. That's one way to do it.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
7/22/2020  2:27 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:Just binged watched "The Expanse". Really enjoyed the first two seasons. 3 & 4 were ok but definitely give a go if you're into sci-fi. Started up the latest season of Westworld.

as for games, recently finished "Until Dawn". Game is more of a "pick your adventure" type of game but it was pretty good. Going to start "Days Gone" this weekend.

I enjoyed The Expanse. The Amos Burton character is fascinating. I watched all the seasons in about two weeks while recovering from surgery.

If you liked Expanse, I suspect you'll also like Black Mirror

https://www.netflix.com/title/70264888

Season 1, 15 Million Merits still sticks in my gut.

I liked black mirror eps Season 3s Nosedive and also Shut up and Dance, and Season 2 Be right back

smackeddog
7/22/2020  2:29 AM
Completed Last of Us 2- great game!
dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
7/22/2020  6:15 AM
Finished The Last of Us 2 last week and enjoyed the ride a lot! Great game!
I do plan to play the whole story starting with the DLC of The Last of Us 1 sometime soon.
BUT before that I will have to play through Ghost of Tsushima which I started 4 days ago... looking great so far! It is of course a very different game but also is strongly story driven (in a different way of course then TLOU)... great visual appearance, interesting fighting system (dont know if I will like it to the end of the game though) and I do like the setting in Japan...

Other than I have actually started playing the guitare which is challenging but also a lot of fun! Cant stop learning new stuff just because Im 41 right! ;-)
Sounds weired but acutally I take it as a rare positive during these challenging times that its opening the door for these things...

Stay safe and healthy guys!

smackeddog
7/22/2020  11:45 AM
dodger78 wrote:Finished The Last of Us 2 last week and enjoyed the ride a lot! Great game!
I do plan to play the whole story starting with the DLC of The Last of Us 1 sometime soon.
BUT before that I will have to play through Ghost of Tsushima which I started 4 days ago... looking great so far! It is of course a very different game but also is strongly story driven (in a different way of course then TLOU)... great visual appearance, interesting fighting system (dont know if I will like it to the end of the game though) and I do like the setting in Japan...

Other than I have actually started playing the guitare which is challenging but also a lot of fun! Cant stop learning new stuff just because Im 41 right! ;-)
Sounds weired but acutally I take it as a rare positive during these challenging times that its opening the door for these things...

Are there a lot of bugs in Ghost of Tsushima? I read the A.I. goes haywire at times? Is it worth waiting til the patch it?

GustavBahler

7/22/2020  4:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/22/2020  4:33 PM
https://www.thedailybeast.com/sharkcano-there-are-sharks-living-in-a-volcano-for-the-love-of-god?ref=home

“Sharkcano” isn’t the latest trashy summer movie with bad special effects. It’s the very real phenomenon of sharks making a home in lava water, and now a Nat Geo special

dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
7/23/2020  4:01 AM
smackeddog wrote:
dodger78 wrote:Finished The Last of Us 2 last week and enjoyed the ride a lot! Great game!

Are there a lot of bugs in Ghost of Tsushima? I read the A.I. goes haywire at times? Is it worth waiting til the patch it?

Havent noticed anything big yet... some small Things here and there but the Impression right now is - fun and very good looking game - just hope it keeps me interested after 20 plus hours of playing. Not sure about that yet, depends strongly on Story development.

GustavBahler

8/3/2020  7:43 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/dining/chinatown-outdoor-dining-coronavirus.html

Good place for a "Rafter Ceremony"

NYKBocker
USA
8/11/2020  11:41 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I also started watching Star Trek The Next Generation. Never saw it before. Planning on watching the whole series then the movies then Picard. I was never really a star trek fan but I started watching The Orville and Star Trek Discovery and really liked both. Enjoying it so far.
It gets way better after the first 2 seasons (I hate season 1 and season 2 is very corny!)

If you like it all, do give Deep Space Nine a try, it's my favorite, has aged the best, and has an ongoing story arc (takes a few seasons to get going), is a bit darker and better character development.

I'm on the middle of the 2nd season. Riker is weirding me out. The way he walks and stands. What the heck is that lean?
When you see the ep 'the icarus factor', you'll understand why Riker is so f'd up, lol

I am on Season 5 Episode 12. A lot of Data episodes which I like a lot. My favorite character is Data, Picard then Worf. I know everybody likes Troi but I think Dr. Crusher is one hot mama.

They hired some very good writers for this show. The amount of made up science jargon used is amazing.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
8/11/2020  12:25 PM
Finally saw Hamilton on Disney+ last night. That was really good. I wouldn’t pay hundreds of dollars to see it live.... and wait 2 years for it but it was still really good.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
smackeddog
8/11/2020  12:44 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I am on Season 5 Episode 12. A lot of Data episodes which I like a lot. My favorite character is Data, Picard then Worf. I know everybody likes Troi but I think Dr. Crusher is one hot mama.

They hired some very good writers for this show. The amount of made up science jargon used is amazing.

I like Troi because I am also a counselor, so like that people with my profession get to sit up front next to the captain on the bridge of the ship in the future- not so sure about the kind of outfit I'd have to wear though!

The show definitely moved to focusing on Data and Picard after a few seasons (I liked Worf too). Really didn't like how they portrayed data in the movies, but he was great in the TV show.

Remember you have the new Picard show when you've finished TNG- it's great so far (I've only just started watching it).

I feel kind of sad watching TNG now- at the time it felt like the future we might be heading towards (in terms of attitudes), but nowadays it feels like we're heading in completely the opposite direction. In fact I doubt TNG would even have any success nowadays- it's amazing how well it did considering it's focus on sciences, a lot of eps were essentially morality plays, there wasn't much violence, and the focus was on dialogue, understanding and diplomatic solutions rather than killing.

The last ep of TNG was one of my favourite series ending too

NYKBocker
USA
8/21/2020  7:31 AM
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I like Troi because I am also a counselor, so like that people with my profession get to sit up front next to the captain on the bridge of the ship in the future- not so sure about the kind of outfit I'd have to wear though!

The show definitely moved to focusing on Data and Picard after a few seasons (I liked Worf too). Really didn't like how they portrayed data in the movies, but he was great in the TV show.

Remember you have the new Picard show when you've finished TNG- it's great so far (I've only just started watching it).

I feel kind of sad watching TNG now- at the time it felt like the future we might be heading towards (in terms of attitudes), but nowadays it feels like we're heading in completely the opposite direction. In fact I doubt TNG would even have any success nowadays- it's amazing how well it did considering it's focus on sciences, a lot of eps were essentially morality plays, there wasn't much violence, and the focus was on dialogue, understanding and diplomatic solutions rather than killing.

A lot of really good episodes. I just finished watching "The Inner Light". Wow. This has to be the best TV episode I have ever seen. That damn flute got me at the end.
smackeddog
8/21/2020  12:47 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

A lot of really good episodes. I just finished watching "The Inner Light". Wow. This has to be the best TV episode I have ever seen. That damn flute got me at the end.

Terrible aging makeup, but really great episode- one of my favorites. If you found that moving, wait until you see "the Visitor" ep in Deep Space 9

GustavBahler

8/29/2020  12:03 PM
RIP Chadwick Boseman. Made 7 films after cancer diagnosis. Was great in the James Brown biopic.Havent seen 42 yet.

Had no idea of how popular Black Panther was in Africa. It was a major cultural event. Fans were going to the film in traditional African clothing, as seen in the film.

Sorry to hear he passed so young.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/29/2020  12:35 PM
GustavBahler wrote:RIP Chadwick Boseman. Made 7 films after cancer diagnosis. Was great in the James Brown biopic.Havent seen 42 yet.

Had no idea of how popular Black Panther was in Africa. It was a major cultural event. Fans were going to the film in traditional African clothing, as seen in the film.

and he was only 43, so young

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
8/29/2020  12:39 PM
GustavBahler wrote:RIP Chadwick Boseman. Made 7 films after cancer diagnosis. Was great in the James Brown biopic.Havent seen 42 yet.

That was a hugely important film, I was so excited when they were making it because I knew how important it was for kids all over the world.

This is so sad, especially knowing he likely got his diagnosis just as his career had its breakthrough. Going through all the publicity circuits keeping this hidden must have felt like a different world.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/29/2020  12:54 PM
martin wrote:

and he was only 43, so young

Really good actor with great range. It would have been really hard for him to continue, especially with the pandemic. A big loss.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/29/2020  5:00 PM
wow this is amazing

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
OT: The ‘How to Spend Your Exile’ thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy