[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: The ‘How to Spend Your Exile’ thread
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/7/2020  12:56 PM
NotInMyHouse wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Westworld season 3 is even more insane the past seasons. One word...Yakuza! That's not even the craziest thing!

Looking forward! I'm on the last season 2 episode. It actually is turning out better than what I first thought.

Yeah, season two picks up momentum as it goes along. The earlier episodes do bear fruit tho...just not in the ways you expect.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
NotInMyHouse
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6433

4/8/2020  7:50 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NotInMyHouse wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Westworld season 3 is even more insane the past seasons. One word...Yakuza! That's not even the craziest thing!

Looking forward! I'm on the last season 2 episode. It actually is turning out better than what I first thought.

Yeah, season two picks up momentum as it goes along. The earlier episodes do bear fruit tho...just not in the ways you expect.

1/2 way thought the final episode of 2. Yeah, it is interesting how things move along in 2. Especially regarding Hosts vs Guests (if you catch my drift.)
Makes me wonder how they write a season 1 - not knowing if there will be a season 2 - but needing to leave enough ammo or what not to keep it going.
Again I go back to The Walking Dead, where personally, I think they ran out of ammo after 3 seasons or so (forget the point when I stopped watching.)

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/8/2020  8:10 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:Saw Once upon a time in Hollywood. Such a letdown. Wow. Story nonexistent, no suspense , no action no nothing. The dog and the little girl did the best acting jobs. It's my own damn fault for having such high expectations. Not going to tell you all who haven't seen it what happens tho. Maybe Tarantino set the bar too high with his previous movies. Maybe

Yeah, I've tried to watch it and it just didn't suck me in. I'll give it another try at some point.

Same here, I couldn't get pass the first 30 min, I think the bar was set way up there with the film being a Tarantino and stars like PiTT and Dicaprio

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/11/2020  8:53 PM
Cbs sports network is showing ncaa championship games. Right now they have the 97 game on. Kentucky and Arizona has amazing teams.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/12/2020  10:25 PM
I just started up City on a Hill and await Bosch
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/13/2020  8:11 AM
Just finished season three on “Ozark”, a very good Netflix series. a more contained slower pace season. Given the character development it was a logical direction for the series. Season two I thought crowded in a few too many plot lines.
Last nite wife and I figured out that it would be fun if Ruthie switched places with Carrie on “Homeland” and how she could “ream out Saul” via telephone. Wife’s does a pretty good “Ruthie” impersonation.
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/13/2020  3:28 PM
Nalod wrote:Just finished season three on “Ozark”, a very good Netflix series. a more contained slower pace season. Given the character development it was a logical direction for the series. Season two I thought crowded in a few too many plot lines.
Last nite wife and I figured out that it would be fun if Ruthie switched places with Carrie on “Homeland” and how she could “ream out Saul” via telephone. Wife’s does a pretty good “Ruthie” impersonation.

I was put off ozark as I thought it sounded like a rip off of breaking bad- is it suitably different?

BigDaddyG

4/13/2020  7:23 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Nalod wrote:Just finished season three on “Ozark”, a very good Netflix series. a more contained slower pace season. Given the character development it was a logical direction for the series. Season two I thought crowded in a few too many plot lines.

I was put off ozark as I thought it sounded like a rip off of breaking bad- is it suitably different?

Yeah, it's a breaking bad clone, but it's a competent rip off. Jason Bateman is building a rep as a solid director and he does a good job. Is it a bit derivative? Yeah, but it's good enough to pass the hours. Still, I tell all my friends if they like Ozark, then they'll love Breaking Bad.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/23/2020  6:45 PM
My state is getting hit again, my area as well, few masking up. Decided to cave and get a PS4 a little while back, and a new big screen, my first 4k, which is better than all 4 of Nalod's Sankyo projection TVs. Surprised how good it upscales 1080p games and movies to 4k. The old TV had black spots on the screen. This game is my current favorite. Its an older one, crazy racing game, with weapons, like a rollercoaster ride. Not many left in stock.

https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Wipeout-Omega-Collection-Ps4-PlayStation4/dp/B01LTI9IE0/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=wipeout+omega+collection+ps4&qid=1592950899&sprefix=wipeout+o&sr=8-1

If you have any games you know worth getting, that arent well known, please let me know.

Started collecting cookbooks as a hobby, and possible business (so much for that idea lol)
Have some good old ones one cooking Chinese food. Came across this cookbook. She made her name in NY while I was growing up there, but I dont recall the name. Had a couple of restaurants in Manhattan, was a celebrity chef. This cookbook is supposed to be the real deal. Her backstory was enough for me to buy the book. Also in low supply. Doesnt look like they will be printing more.

https://food52.com/blog/19289-how-america-lost-the-key-to-chinese-cooking

A bit pricey used, but will likely go up in value

https://www.amazon.com/Key-Chinese-Cooking-Irene-Kuo/dp/0394496388/ref=pd_aw_sim_14_2/141-7132245-4161819?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=0394496388&pd_rd_r=a6562285-25a6-40c0-a7c9-34867e412ae0&pd_rd_w=oCJnS&pd_rd_wg=xvOHp&pf_rd_p=3fdfe4d1-5a48-4529-9c62-7ad3c5bf0b5d&pf_rd_r=ZY7MZQ5TS1910QSJSXB7&psc=1&refRID=ZY7MZQ5TS1910QSJSXB7

smackeddog
6/24/2020  2:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/24/2020  2:39 AM
Can't think of any ones that aren't well known, but my favourite of the famous ones are Last of Us 1 & 2 and God of War (the latest)- I usually only play one game a year but enjoyed all three of those!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/24/2020  7:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/24/2020  7:04 PM
smackeddog wrote:Can't think of any ones that aren't well known, but my favourite of the famous ones are Last of Us 1 & 2 and God of War (the latest)- I usually only play one game a year but enjoyed all three of those!

Thanks for the tip. I have God of War 1 and 2 on my PS Vita. Could not get past the stage where you have to climb this thing, and kill the monster. Apparently it was an issue from the console version.
Where I heard of the game I mentioned. Weird playing this game on a phone sized screen, to a big screen.

Looking for a good Samurai fighting game, without the story mode. There was this game called "Bushido Blade" on the PS1 where you had to learn real moves, wasnt a button masher. You could play first or third person. Ahead of its time. Surprised we havent seen a "realistic" Samurai game since then.

Geek Alert! Zach Snyder's edit of Justice League will be out next year. Supposed to be much different.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/24/2020  7:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/24/2020  7:23 PM
I have been watching the DC universe shows. Finished Titans season 1 and 2. Swamp thing. I just started Doom Patrol. Harley Quinn too. Very good shows.
BigDaddyG

6/24/2020  11:19 PM
NYKBocker wrote:I have been watching the DC universe shows. Finished Titans season 1 and 2. Swamp thing. I just started Doom Patrol. Harley Quinn too. Very good shows.

I thought Swamp Thing was OK. I wish they didn't cancel it. Titans is up and down. They botched the Trigun plot, picked up with Deathstroke, then failed the landing. Suicide Squad is probably one of mye top 5 shows on TV right now. Show is amazing. Haven't watched Harley Quinn yet.

smackeddog
6/25/2020  4:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/25/2020  5:03 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Can't think of any ones that aren't well known, but my favourite of the famous ones are Last of Us 1 & 2 and God of War (the latest)- I usually only play one game a year but enjoyed all three of those!

Thanks for the tip. I have God of War 1 and 2 on my PS Vita. Could not get past the stage where you have to climb this thing, and kill the monster. Apparently it was an issue from the console version.
Where I heard of the game I mentioned. Weird playing this game on a phone sized screen, to a big screen.

Looking for a good Samurai fighting game, without the story mode. There was this game called "Bushido Blade" on the PS1 where you had to learn real moves, wasnt a button masher. You could play first or third person. Ahead of its time. Surprised we havent seen a "realistic" Samurai game since then.

Geek Alert! Zach Snyder's edit of Justice League will be out next year. Supposed to be much different.

Ha, I remember Bushido Blade- me and my friend use to put it on that game mode where you had to kill 100 enemies in a row, while we pumped out some music

There's a big new samurai game coming out soon called Ghost of Tsushima:

Also this one came out a few years ago, it's called Nioh- I haven't played it but it got a good review:

And here's the sequel:

NotInMyHouse
Member: #6433

6/25/2020  6:23 AM
Black Mirror (series) is amazing. Perhaps not the best thing to watch during these times, but then again...
“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
NYKBocker
USA
6/25/2020  7:36 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I have been watching the DC universe shows. Finished Titans season 1 and 2. Swamp thing. I just started Doom Patrol. Harley Quinn too. Very good shows.
I thought Swamp Thing was OK. I wish they didn't cancel it. Titans is up and down. They botched the Trigun plot, picked up with Deathstroke, then failed the landing. Suicide Squad is probably one of mye top 5 shows on TV right now. Show is amazing. Haven't watched Harley Quinn yet.
Wait. There is a suicide squad tv show?
BigDaddyG

6/25/2020  10:59 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Sorry, I meant Doom Patrol. I always get those two teams mixed up for some reason. Along with the Outsiders. Have you checked out Young Justice? It's an updated look at teams like the Titans, Outsiders. The Forever People even make an appearance.

NYKBocker
USA
6/25/2020  11:55 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Sorry, I meant Doom Patrol. I always get those two teams mixed up for some reason. Along with the Outsiders. Have you checked out Young Justice? It's an updated look at teams like the Titans, Outsiders. The Forever People even make an appearance.
Young Justice is next on my list. Tudyk is the man! Doom Patrol is surprising me right now. Very good television.
NYKBocker
USA
6/25/2020  12:02 PM
I also started watching Star Trek The Next Generation. Never saw it before. Planning on watching the whole series then the movies then Picard. I was never really a star trek fan but I started watching The Orville and Star Trek Discovery and really liked both. Enjoying it so far.
BigDaddyG

6/25/2020  12:15 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Young Justice is next on my list. Tudyk is the man! Doom Patrol is surprising me right now. Very good television.

I really like Diane Guerrero and April Bowby 😍 Tudyk's performance is amazing considering it's a lot of voice work. Series is good. Compares to Umbrella Academy, whose writer also went on to do work on Doom Patrol. Easily the best live action show on DCU. Titans has potential, but gets bogged down by questionable writing from time to time. Haven't watched Harley Quinn, but I've been told it's good.

OT: The ‘How to Spend Your Exile’ thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy