[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: The ‘How to Spend Your Exile’ thread
Author Thread
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
11/25/2022  3:31 PM
So many deals… I’m having trouble coming to terms with the fact that I don’t really need anything.

Ooh, a 12.9 inch iPad?!? $400 off! Wait, I already have a smaller one. So what if I need to charge the battery often?

Ooh! A shiny new laptop? Wait, sure it’s half the thickness of my current one, but the one I have works well enough.

The other thing I notice is that some of the Black Friday deals are actually not that great. Maybe a few bucks lower than usual. Or similar to sale prices weeks ago.

Sounds crazy, but I might just resort to buying stuff when I need it. Bah humbug.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/25/2022  4:54 PM
ToddTT wrote:So many deals… I’m having trouble coming to terms with the fact that I don’t really need anything.

Ooh, a 12.9 inch iPad?!? $400 off! Wait, I already have a smaller one. So what if I need to charge the battery often?

Ooh! A shiny new laptop? Wait, sure it’s half the thickness of my current one, but the one I have works well enough.

The other thing I notice is that some of the Black Friday deals are actually not that great. Maybe a few bucks lower than usual. Or similar to sale prices weeks ago.

Sounds crazy, but I might just resort to buying stuff when I need it. Bah humbug.

LOL, Im taking my wife to an island in the Caribbean in 3 weeks and thats our present. Been a long three years with no real vacay.
Did buy some clothes on line from a company I really like that was doing 50% off. That incentivized me.
Christmas? Kids and I all agreed to all do something as a family as an experience. We all have enough ****.

Really digging my new apple Airbook I got a few months ago. Great screen, great build for the money. They are not cheap but I have made good money over the years with apple stock so im good regardless.
Ipad, Watch, aid pods, phones, tracker tag, and computers. All Apple.
Wife just tested positive today for covid. This after being with whole family yesterday. Hope they all good. She was a bit "Sniffly" yesterday but went to bed last night with bad head cold.
My kids flew out this morning. Spreading covid with them? Fucking virus!!!

ToddTT
11/25/2022  5:22 PM
Nalod wrote:
ToddTT wrote:So many deals… I’m having trouble coming to terms with the fact that I don’t really need anything.

LOL, Im taking my wife to an island in the Caribbean in 3 weeks and thats our present. Been a long three years with no real vacay.
Did buy some clothes on line from a company I really like that was doing 50% off. That incentivized me.
Christmas? Kids and I all agreed to all do something as a family as an experience. We all have enough ****.

Really digging my new apple Airbook I got a few months ago. Great screen, great build for the money. They are not cheap but I have made good money over the years with apple stock so im good regardless.
Ipad, Watch, aid pods, phones, tracker tag, and computers. All Apple.
Wife just tested positive today for covid. This after being with whole family yesterday. Hope they all good. She was a bit "Sniffly" yesterday but went to bed last night with bad head cold.
My kids flew out this morning. Spreading covid with them? Fucking virus!!!

Speedy recovery to the Mrs. I hope nobody else comes down with it.

Smart… you sound like the commercial with Ewan McGregor.

ToddTT
11/25/2022  5:24 PM
Nalod
USA
11/28/2022  8:24 AM
I did get her some Air pod Pro first gen for the trip. “Stuff on deep discount”. LOL……….

So far im with no symptoms. She is sequestered to Bedroom and Im waiting on her provide 3 squares, laundry, and all dog needs.
Nobody in the family has it either thus far. We on Day 4. Day after first symptoms is how it counts. She clean tomorrow she can get out of the house.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/3/2022  2:15 PM
Wow! I can't remember being more excited about a movie in my entire life.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

12/3/2022  2:44 PM
An iPad mini and a switch system is the most intuitive electronics I’ve ever had. I recommend both. You can do almost everything on those two machines.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

12/4/2022  9:44 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Good times!

you right about that! the Allan#20 roll into hoop, The NBA Playoffs advancing those were the Good times.
Lets ALL hope many of us KNICKs fans live long enough to see NBA Knicks championship for real !

At least my time on earth, I enjoyed 2 of 3 NBA finals (vs. Lakers) the two NBA RINGs
I wasn't in High school yet but recall the joy of NEW YORK Knickerbocker NBA two titles, once upon a "DJ" time
*hehe

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/6/2022  11:38 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Wow! I can't remember being more excited about a movie in my entire life.

The Citizen Kane of coked up bear films.

Nalod
USA
12/7/2022  9:44 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Wow! I can't remember being more excited about a movie in my entire life.

I laughed my ass off on that trailer!!!!!!!!

BigDaddyG

12/7/2022  10:09 AM
Nalod wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

I hope it becomes an ongoing movie series. Ketamine Kangaroo, Peyote Panther and Ecstasy Elephant.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/7/2022  10:28 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

I hope it becomes an ongoing movie series. Ketamine Kangaroo, Peyote Panther and Ecstasy Elephant.

Finally something we can all agree on 😁

Nalod
USA
12/7/2022  10:32 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

Lets domesticate it a bit and have a dog/cat and a drug habit. But I like the concept!

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/19/2022  10:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/19/2022  10:54 PM
Was thinking of an SNL sketch "Diners, drive ins, and Bears". Guy Fieri would interview a local chef. Then a guy in a bear suit would come in, and attack them.

In other news...

If you're a big fan of the Godfather movies (I and II) you've got to get the 4k transfer. I've owned every format of this film since VHS. They nailed this one. The last bluray "restoration" was a ripoff.

For the 4K transfer, they searched and found better source material. The finished product looks amazing.

For the first time ever, I stopped watching a Star Trek series during its run. "Discovery" is now a show mostly for people who hate Star Trek. I complained about all the death scenes (they never die) and all the crying. But it still was entertaining.

Almost every scene is about a character having some sort of existential crisis. They even had an extra in one scene drone on about a family tragedy. A freaking extra.

I liked the Burnham character when she was an edgy junior officer. Albeit one who cried too damned much. But I liked how we would watch her rise to captain.

Now Burnham is "Captain Oprah". If you dont believe me watch season 4.

GustavBahler

12/23/2022  1:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/23/2022  2:06 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2022/dec/23/philadelphia-soul-pioneer-thom-bell-dies-aged-79

Rest in Peace Thom Bell. Super-producer known for his "Philly Soul" sound.

His hits were the soundtrack to my youth in the 70s, like many others. RIP.

Profile of Bell

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/dec/23/bob-stanley-thom-bell-philly-soul

GustavBahler

12/26/2022  3:29 PM
Binged watched 2 seasons of "Alice in Borderland". Another show influenced by "Battle Royale". I liked it, not for the squeamish. Curious to see if there will be a season 3, but I would be OK, if it ended there.

The writers left open the possibility, but you never know. Its a big hit on Netflix, but apparently that isnt enough these days.

BigDaddyG

12/27/2022  11:29 AM
Saw "Violent Night" and it was everythibg I expected. Santa getting hammered and laying smackdowns. A good appetizer for the upcoming Cocaine Bear masterpiece that's hitting theaters.
BigDaddyG

1/5/2023  9:46 PM
Nic Cage making a comeback. Pig was a good movie if you haven't seen it and the Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent is solid. Looking forward to Renfield.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
1/6/2023  10:35 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Binged watched 2 seasons of "Alice in Borderland". Another show influenced by "Battle Royale". I liked it, not for the squeamish. Curious to see if there will be a season 3, but I would be OK, if it ended there.

The writers left open the possibility, but you never know. Its a big hit on Netflix, but apparently that isnt enough these days.

Watching this now. Loving it. WAY BETTER than "Squid Games", imo.

Just binged "The Bear" on Hulu. Great show and episodes are roughly 25min long which makes it an easy watch.

GustavBahler

1/6/2023  7:26 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Binged watched 2 seasons of "Alice in Borderland". Another show influenced by "Battle Royale". I liked it, not for the squeamish. Curious to see if there will be a season 3, but I would be OK, if it ended there.

Watching this now. Loving it. WAY BETTER than "Squid Games", imo.

Just binged "The Bear" on Hulu. Great show and episodes are roughly 25min long which makes it an easy watch.

Glad you're enjoying it. I like "Squid Games" as much as "Alice in Borderland". Squid Games seemed more like an indictment of the excesses of capitalism, different vibe.

Borderland was a fun, crazy, campy, trip. I will be interested in hearing what you think of the ending.

I hope there is a season 3. Im guessing that Netflix is worried about reaching a point where they've cancelled too many popular shows, with a big audience. Worried that subscribers are going to get tired of it, and bail.

OT: The ‘How to Spend Your Exile’ thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy