3/12/2020  2:46 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/does-coronavirus-body-120916551.html
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/12/2020  3:56 PM
houston20 wrote:I got to the courthouse for court april 29 in north carolina for a speeding ticked i wonder if it will be closed

I’m simply still hoping to road trip down to NC in mid-may, for vacation.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/12/2020  4:07 PM
houston20 wrote:I got to the courthouse for court april 29 in north carolina for a speeding ticked i wonder if it will be closed

they will dress in hazmat suits to take your money!

franco12
USA
3/12/2020  4:08 PM
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/high-school-student-is-one-of-the-nj-coronavirus-patients-officials-say.html

That's my sons high school - evidently a senior at the school.

they have been closed since Tuesday. Online learning started today.

This Covid-19 is super easy to spread.

Holy CRAP

Right! Messed up.

I just spoke to one of my clients - he said the high death rate in china - especially with the men there - was smoking. Hopefully I don't smoke any more!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/12/2020  4:18 PM
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/high-school-student-is-one-of-the-nj-coronavirus-patients-officials-say.html

Holy CRAP

Right! Messed up.

I just spoke to one of my clients - he said the high death rate in china - especially with the men there - was smoking. Hopefully I don't smoke any more!

You mean to say: In China, men who smoked had a high fatality rate?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
3/12/2020  4:23 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:At our faculty meeting today they told us to start taking our lap tops home in case school is closed and we go to online instruction. Scary times.

We were told the same...Are you a teacher?

Yes. In upstate ny.

Didn't know I had a fellow teacher here...I teach just outside Atlanta....

It’s a great profession.

There are a couple of us. Longmire is retired but was a teacher. A couple of other posters I am forgetting.

English and biology teacher here.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
3/12/2020  4:58 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/12/2020  5:07 PM
You guys heading to NC? let me know. If your gonna be in the Charlotte Area let me know!
I'll make sure im not there!!!
CrushAlot
USA
3/12/2020  6:53 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Allanfan20
USA
3/12/2020  7:09 PM
Nalod wrote:You guys heading to NC? let me know. If your gonna be in the Charlotte Area let me know!
I'll make sure im not there!!!

May 15th. 😁😁😁

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

3/12/2020  7:57 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:At our faculty meeting today they told us to start taking our lap tops home in case school is closed and we go to online instruction. Scary times.

Yes. In upstate ny.

It’s a great profession.

There are a couple of us. Longmire is retired but was a teacher. A couple of other posters I am forgetting.

I teach English as well...10th grade. My school just announced that we are shutting down. Digital learning all next week, possibly the week after.

CrushAlot
USA
3/12/2020  8:11 PM
Uptown wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Yes. In upstate ny.

It’s a great profession.

I teach English as well...10th grade. My school just announced that we are shutting down. Digital learning all next week, possibly the week after.

Wow. Area superintendents are having a press conference tomorrow. I think we are doing the same thing.
markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

3/12/2020  9:02 PM
I'm stunned how many teachers follow the Knicks. I mean, aren't they supposed to know better?
CrushAlot
USA
3/12/2020  9:32 PM
Uptown wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Yes. In upstate ny.

It’s a great profession.

I am a special education teacher. I spent 21 years teaching elementary students. I am in the high school now. My class is a service learning class. My students are working towards transitioning to work.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/12/2020  11:05 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Yes. In upstate ny.

It’s a great profession.

I am a special education teacher. I spent 21 years teaching elementary students. I am in the high school now. My class is a service learning class. My students are working towards transitioning to work.

Gratifying work!

franco12
USA
3/13/2020  7:52 AM
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:

Holy CRAP

Right! Messed up.

Precisely.

But- where is the testing. I don't feel sick, but my sense is probably every student in the school should be tested, and if they test positive, quarantine them. Yesterday my son was looking to go out for lunch with his HS friends from in town - and I was like - nope, you have got to be kidding.

Allanfan20
USA
3/13/2020  8:42 AM
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:

Holy CRAP

Right! Messed up.

Precisely.

But- where is the testing. I don't feel sick, but my sense is probably every student in the school should be tested, and if they test positive, quarantine them. Yesterday my son was looking to go out for lunch with his HS friends from in town - and I was like - nope, you have got to be kidding.

This is exactly what I worry about with the kids being home from school. Who is watching the kids? The grandparents in many instances. What do they do? Anything but stay contained. Restaurants, mall, parks, shopping, movies, etc...

The staying home from school thing will only work if the kids are staying home. There better be things to keep them busy for the next month or all of this will be as useless as the Knicks defense.

Chandler
Member: #6197

3/13/2020  9:55 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Yes. In upstate ny.

It’s a great profession.

much respect!!

(5)(5)
franco12
USA
3/13/2020  10:36 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:

Holy CRAP

Right! Messed up.

Precisely.

This is exactly what I worry about with the kids being home from school. Who is watching the kids? The grandparents in many instances. What do they do? Anything but stay contained. Restaurants, mall, parks, shopping, movies, etc...

The staying home from school thing will only work if the kids are staying home. There better be things to keep them busy for the next month or all of this will be as useless as the Knicks defense.

My son's HS has them in online learning. we'll see how this turns out. I think some schools are probably better set up to manage.

Thank goodness I work from home. If he has extra time, I'm going to have him do some cold calling for me!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/13/2020  11:55 AM
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:

Holy CRAP

Right! Messed up.

Precisely.

Thanks. It's also known to effect the elderly & sick, so it's obviously generally effecting people with some sort of immune deficiency.

Male smokers. Wow. Just a wild guess: more men in China smoke then women, so it makes sense there too

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
OT: Coronavirus updates/info

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy