Author Thread
ekstarks94
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6104

4/2/2020  10:58 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Report: Trump administration ended a pandemic early-warning program last year

Just months before the coronavirus outbreak began, the administration ended a $200m early-warning program for infectious disease, the Los Angeles Times reports. The program was designed to help scientists in China and other nations monitor and respond to disease threats.

From the LA Times:

The project, launched by the U.S. Agency for International Development in 2009, identified 1,200 different viruses that had the potential to erupt into pandemics, including more than 160 novel coronaviruses. The initiative, called PREDICT, also trained and supported staff in 60 foreign laboratories — including the Wuhan lab that identified 2019-nCoV, the new coronavirus that causes COVID-19.

Field work ceased when the funding ran out in September, and organizations that worked on the PREDICT program laid off dozens of scientists and analysts, said Peter Daszak, president of EcoHealth Alliance, a key player in the program.

On Wednesday, USAID granted an emergency extension to the program, issuing $2.26 million over the next six months to send experts who will help foreign labs squelch the pandemic. But program leaders say the funding will do little to further the initiative’s original mission.

and quite frankly there are too many stories and incidents of neglect that I can't even be bothered to both read and post them for everyone. It's full on buffoonery going on with this administration.

tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands will die because of the incompetence. Economic disaster all around. Recovery period in the YEARS. Retirement money GONE

This is what we are in for.

Unfortunately..it is exactly what Obama said before he left...”elections have consequences”...

I hope we all come out on the other side of this intact physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Also with a better understanding of how much of a difference competency matters in times like these. Remember these moments when you consider the people you are trusting to lead your through times like these..

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/3/2020  12:45 AM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Just months before the coronavirus outbreak began, the administration ended a $200m early-warning program for infectious disease, the Los Angeles Times reports. The program was designed to help scientists in China and other nations monitor and respond to disease threats.

From the LA Times:

The project, launched by the U.S. Agency for International Development in 2009, identified 1,200 different viruses that had the potential to erupt into pandemics, including more than 160 novel coronaviruses. The initiative, called PREDICT, also trained and supported staff in 60 foreign laboratories — including the Wuhan lab that identified 2019-nCoV, the new coronavirus that causes COVID-19.

Field work ceased when the funding ran out in September, and organizations that worked on the PREDICT program laid off dozens of scientists and analysts, said Peter Daszak, president of EcoHealth Alliance, a key player in the program.

On Wednesday, USAID granted an emergency extension to the program, issuing $2.26 million over the next six months to send experts who will help foreign labs squelch the pandemic. But program leaders say the funding will do little to further the initiative’s original mission.

and quite frankly there are too many stories and incidents of neglect that I can't even be bothered to both read and post them for everyone. It's full on buffoonery going on with this administration.

tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands will die because of the incompetence. Economic disaster all around. Recovery period in the YEARS. Retirement money GONE

Agree, this one seemed notable even with all the bad news out there.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/3/2020  11:39 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

From the LA Times:

Unfortunately..it is exactly what Obama said before he left...”elections have consequences”...

I hope we all come out on the other side of this intact physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Also with a better understanding of how much of a difference competency matters in times like these. Remember these moments when you consider the people you are trusting to lead your through times like these..

And I can't believe how simple those words are and how true they are for all of us. We are literally locked in our homes. No touching. Wearing masks and gloves and watching our friends and family and loved ones suffer and die. Watching our paychecks go to nothing. $6M unemployed?

More Americans will die than than did in Vietnam? Double so or more? A war that we were in for like decades? Makes 9/11 look like a blip?

And this is nowhere near the end of the treachery and ineptitude that will be uncovered in the months to come.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/3/2020  1:16 PM
martin wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

From the LA Times:

And I can't believe how simple those words are and how true they are for all of us. We are literally locked in our homes. No touching. Wearing masks and gloves and watching our friends and family and loved ones suffer and die. Watching our paychecks go to nothing. $6M unemployed?

More Americans will die than than did in Vietnam? Double so or more? A war that we were in for like decades? Makes 9/11 look like a blip?

And this is nowhere near the end of the treachery and ineptitude that will be uncovered in the months to come.

yeah man. i try to not dwell on this too much but anyone whose vote helped to put the presidency of the united states into the hands of this severely character-disordered individual . . .

GustavBahler

4/3/2020  3:11 PM
Marv wrote:
martin wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

From the LA Times:

yeah man. i try to not dwell on this too much but anyone whose vote helped to put the presidency of the united states into the hands of this severely character-disordered individual . . .

Two people who did more than anyone to help get Trump elected. Debbie Wasserman Shultz, and the stupid bitch who ran against him. Who was too lazy to campaign, who thought it was in the bag. Who called a big chunk of the electorate "deplorables"

The same woman who was instrumental in turning Lybia into the home base for the Isis caliphate. The same woman, who openly claimed partial credit for the massive Wall Street deregulation in the 90s that led to the great recession. Who was the biggest hawk in the senate. Who as secy. of state wanted to put in a no fly zone over Syria which could have started WWIII.

This is who the DNC moved heaven and earth to get the nomination, over Sanders. You have to be a really bad candidate to get two time Obama voters to go for that horror show.

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

4/3/2020  5:49 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Marv wrote:
martin wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

From the LA Times:

Two people who did more than anyone to help get Trump elected. Debbie Wasserman Shultz, and the stupid bitch who ran against him. Who was too lazy to campaign, who thought it was in the bag. Who called a big chunk of the electorate "deplorables"

The same woman who was instrumental in turning Lybia into the home base for the Isis caliphate. The same woman, who openly claimed partial credit for the massive Wall Street deregulation in the 90s that led to the great recession. Who was the biggest hawk in the senate. Who as secy. of state wanted to put in a no fly zone over Syria which could have started WWIII.

This is who the DNC moved heaven and earth to get the nomination, over Sanders. You have to be a really bad candidate to get two time Obama voters to go for that horror show.

Not trying to get overly political in a time of National Crisis....but if any...i mean ANY of us had an inkling of what we are seeing today you could of ran the devil incarnate himself against DJT and it would have been a landslide.....

the problem is you cannot put an incompetent person in a position that of its very nature requires it..

As an african american....Hillary could have called me the n-word to my face and I would've voted for 100 out of 100 times than seeing my neighbors die. Not on TV 2000 miles away....not on plane that crashed into towers...but my neighbors that I talk with ..have a beer with etc...people in the hospitals that are on the front lines dying....

Hate to say this is a proverbial wake up call....but I think we all..supporters of his or not understand what competency looks like because we are seeing what it does not look like before our eyes...keep this in mind not just for the next election..but everyone you pull the ballot for...even if it is for your local dog catcher...

GustavBahler

4/3/2020  6:09 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Marv wrote:
martin wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

From the LA Times:

Not trying to get overly political in a time of National Crisis....but if any...i mean ANY of us had an inkling of what we are seeing today you could of ran the devil incarnate himself against DJT and it would have been a landslide.....

the problem is you cannot put an incompetent person in a position that of its very nature requires it..

As an african american....Hillary could have called me the n-word to my face and I would've voted for 100 out of 100 times than seeing my neighbors die. Not on TV 2000 miles away....not on plane that crashed into towers...but my neighbors that I talk with ..have a beer with etc...people in the hospitals that are on the front lines dying....

Hate to say this is a proverbial wake up call....but I think we all..supporters of his or not understand what competency looks like because we are seeing what it does not look like before our eyes...keep this in mind not just for the next election..but everyone you pull the ballot for...even if it is for your local dog catcher...

Do you consider HRC calling some young black men "super-predators". Being a strong proponent of the crime bill of the early 90s which made the USA the incarceration capitol of the world. Mostly on the backs of African-Americans, "competence". How about welfare reform? How about being the point person on overthrowing a democratically elected president in Central America, which caused so much death and destruction, that children were fleeing the country alone, only to be turned back. Guess who.was the point person on that? You call that "competence". Doesnt it sound familiar?

Competence for who? The woman has her fingerprints on some of the biggest economic, diplomatic,and military disasters in American history, and you're trying to explain to me how competent she is???

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
4/3/2020  6:30 PM
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/elizabeth-warren-patty-murray-trump-global-health-adviser_n_5afe3278e4b07309e05659e2

May 18, 2018

Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass) and Patty Murray (D-Wash.) have requested answers from the White House about last week’s sudden departure of Rear Adm. Tim Ziemer, who led the now-disbanded global health security team at the National Security Council.

In a Friday letter to national security adviser John Bolton, the senators asked not only why Ziemer left, but also why his unit had been disbanded just as an Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo was declared. The outbreak is now threatening the city of Mbandaka, which is home to over 1.2 million people.

Citing HuffPost’s reporting, the senators expressed grave concerns over the reshuffling. “The threat of a pandemic is serious,” they wrote, “and it’s important families know we have a vigilant and experienced team in place and working to protect us against such public health threats.”

Ziemer, who was described in a New York Times article as “one of the most quietly effective leaders in public health,” was not the first official who pushed global health issues to leave the White House recently. Homeland security adviser Tim Bossert, another advocate for investment in global health security, left the day after Bolton began as national security adviser in April.

NSC spokesman Robert Palladino told HuffPost last week that the reorganization was meant to streamline the NSC and that Ziemer left “on the warmest of terms.”

Reps. Ami Bera (D-Calif.) and Gerry Connolly (D-Va.), members of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, also sent a letter to Bolton on Tuesday voicing their concerns over the disbanding of the global health security unit, combined with President Donald Trump’s decision last week to include unspent Ebola funds in his rescissions proposal.

“Forcing out some of our nation’s most respected leaders on global health security and scaling back our investment in countering pandemic threats sends a dangerous message to our GHSA [Global Health Security Agenda] partner countries that the U.S. no longer considers global health security a priority,” the congressmen wrote.

“We urge you to reconsider the demotion of the global health security portfolio and reject the proposal to rescind Ebola contingency funds,” they added.

My cousin passed away from COVID-19 yesterday. Died alone as no one is allowed to be at the hospital. There will be no wake or funeral. So when you look back at these type of decisions...

And yet i've read that Trumps approval rating is the highest it has been, and people are actually happy with his handling of the pandemic.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
4/3/2020  6:32 PM
martin
USA
4/3/2020  6:50 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:My cousin passed away from COVID-19 yesterday. Died alone as no one is allowed to be at the hospital. There will be no wake or funeral. So when you look back at these type of decisions...

And yet i've read that Trumps approval rating is the highest it has been, and people are actually happy with his handling of the pandemic.

how old if you don't mind me asking

newyorknewyork
4/3/2020  7:14 PM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:My cousin passed away from COVID-19 yesterday. Died alone as no one is allowed to be at the hospital. There will be no wake or funeral. So when you look back at these type of decisions...

how old if you don't mind me asking

He was 59

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/3/2020  7:37 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:https://www.huffpost.com/entry/elizabeth-warren-patty-murray-trump-global-health-adviser_n_5afe3278e4b07309e05659e2

May 18, 2018

Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass) and Patty Murray (D-Wash.) have requested answers from the White House about last week’s sudden departure of Rear Adm. Tim Ziemer, who led the now-disbanded global health security team at the National Security Council.

In a Friday letter to national security adviser John Bolton, the senators asked not only why Ziemer left, but also why his unit had been disbanded just as an Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo was declared. The outbreak is now threatening the city of Mbandaka, which is home to over 1.2 million people.

Citing HuffPost’s reporting, the senators expressed grave concerns over the reshuffling. “The threat of a pandemic is serious,” they wrote, “and it’s important families know we have a vigilant and experienced team in place and working to protect us against such public health threats.”

Ziemer, who was described in a New York Times article as “one of the most quietly effective leaders in public health,” was not the first official who pushed global health issues to leave the White House recently. Homeland security adviser Tim Bossert, another advocate for investment in global health security, left the day after Bolton began as national security adviser in April.

NSC spokesman Robert Palladino told HuffPost last week that the reorganization was meant to streamline the NSC and that Ziemer left “on the warmest of terms.”

Reps. Ami Bera (D-Calif.) and Gerry Connolly (D-Va.), members of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, also sent a letter to Bolton on Tuesday voicing their concerns over the disbanding of the global health security unit, combined with President Donald Trump’s decision last week to include unspent Ebola funds in his rescissions proposal.

“Forcing out some of our nation’s most respected leaders on global health security and scaling back our investment in countering pandemic threats sends a dangerous message to our GHSA [Global Health Security Agenda] partner countries that the U.S. no longer considers global health security a priority,” the congressmen wrote.

“We urge you to reconsider the demotion of the global health security portfolio and reject the proposal to rescind Ebola contingency funds,” they added.

My cousin passed away from COVID-19 yesterday. Died alone as no one is allowed to be at the hospital. There will be no wake or funeral. So when you look back at these type of decisions...

sorry man. really sorry.

GustavBahler

4/3/2020  7:45 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:https://www.huffpost.com/entry/elizabeth-warren-patty-murray-trump-global-health-adviser_n_5afe3278e4b07309e05659e2

May 18, 2018

Im sorry for your loss newyork.

Most of the bad news has been centered in blue states. We'll see what happens when the South and parts of the midwest get both barrels.

newyorknewyork
4/3/2020  7:54 PM
Thanks fellas
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/3/2020  11:24 PM

May 18, 2018

That is awful. Sorry for your loss.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
wargames
Member: #6053

4/3/2020  11:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/3/2020  11:47 PM

This is all just sickening

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
martin
USA
4/3/2020  11:58 PM
wargames wrote:

Read another story where the govn of MA had ordered a ton of PPE from China that was making its way thru port of NYC and was then seized by Fed govt, so they essentially got stolen. She ordered again and asked and used plane from Patriots owner to secure goods directly from a China.

And we all know from today’s press conference that when Fed seizes goods it redistributes them via private companies who then jack prices and start a bidding war amongst the states. And I gotta guess that the private companies are initially getting the goods because they curry favored - bribed via contributions - their way to that position

This **** is unreal

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/4/2020  1:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/4/2020  1:34 AM
martin wrote:
wargames wrote:

Read another story where the govn of MA had ordered a ton of PPE from China that was making its way thru port of NYC and was then seized by Fed govt, so they essentially got stolen. She ordered again and asked and used plane from Patriots owner to secure goods directly from a China.

And we all know from today’s press conference that when Fed seizes goods it redistributes them via private companies who then jack prices and start a bidding war amongst the states. And I gotta guess that the private companies are initially getting the goods because they curry favored - bribed via contributions - their way to that position

This **** is unreal

I can't understand the point this country is at...if the truth is unpalatable then just throw out any BS and change the narrative. We have access to more information than ever and people just ignore it. "Just sacrifice the elderly and the economy will get better!" "What's the big deal! I'll go to spring break and there will be no ramifications!" "What's wrong with us congregating in church with hundreds of people? The Lord will protect us! Science is a lie, the world is flat and the moon landing is a hoax!" "I know that man has showed little to no business acumen, every word out of his mouth is BS and he has a long history as a con man, but he his the right man to make America great again!" Yes dumb @$$3$, the world is round much like history, which continues circle around and repeat itself. Stay woke! Stay focused on your nonsensical border wall and not the fact we export virtually nothing except relief to other countries that their government is not as big a joke as ours.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

4/4/2020  1:42 AM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

4/4/2020  2:48 AM
Some good news. I think I can trust yall from raiding your dogs medicine bags hahaha promising tho
https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/anti-parasitic-drug-kills-covid-19-in-lab-c-955457
OT: Coronavirus updates/info

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy