firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
3/28/2020  3:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/28/2020  3:27 PM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:
NotInMyHouse wrote:[DELETED - Martin]

The FDA has not approved any off-label use of hydroxychloroquine re COVID-19. FULL STOP. Hydroxychloroquine is a Malaria drug, so far that's it. Trump has made some very misleading statements on these drugs, that's it.

I don't know who Dr. Vladimir Zelenko is and how it relates to usable information but let's err on the side of caution please.

I'd like to make sure we are posting relevant information that is backed up by sources, especially in the above context.

Thanks

Another blunder by Trump- when he comes out and says this stuff before it's even been properly clinically tested, it just leads to scarcity of the product and people panic-using it themselves leading to possible fatalities.

This is terrible. Really important to nip this in the bud. Zelenko is a GP in Rockland County NJ who made some outrageous claims based on 14 patients!!!!! He treated the 9 positives with h-chlor. A percentage recovered. He therefore said 60% of the country must have Covid (based on 9/14 patients) and a percentage were cured with h-chlor therefore I would have cured thousands. It's a complete unethical, bull**** ruse. Ignore ignore ignore. See link.

No-one has approved hydroxychloroquine for use in Covid. That's not to say they won't, That's not to say anything, but for now IT HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN SAFE PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS UNLESS SPECIFICALLY ADVISED TO BY THE CDC OR OVERARCHING MEDICAL GOVERNING BODY OF YOUR COUNTRY.

https://www.lohud.com/story/news/local/rockland/2020/03/19/kiryas-joel-video-coronavirus-spread-debunked/2879652001/

Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
firefly
United Kingdom
3/28/2020  3:26 PM
Sorry to add this, but Martin would it be possible to delete the OP of this send closk? I really don't want people getting false treatment advice from UK.com
Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
NotInMyHouse
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6433

3/28/2020  3:31 PM
martin wrote:
NotInMyHouse wrote:I don't think I saw this mentioned here but very good news - The FDA has approved off label use of hydroxychloroquine use.
If you are not familiar with this drug, it has been used for decades for Malaria.
[DELETED - Martin]

The FDA has not approved any off-label use of hydroxychloroquine re COVID-19. FULL STOP. Hydroxychloroquine is a Malaria drug, so far that's it. Trump has made some very misleading statements on these drugs, that's it.

I don't know who Dr. Vladimir Zelenko is and how it relates to usable information but let's err on the side of caution please.

I'd like to make sure we are posting relevant information that is backed up by sources, especially in the above context.

Thanks

[DELETED - Martin]

And regarding the safety of hydroxychloroquine, from the WHO:
Snippet - My bold

Common side effects include vomiting, headache, changes in vision and muscle weakness.[2] Severe side effects may include allergic reactions.[2] Although all risk cannot be excluded, it remains a treatment for rheumatic disease during pregnancy.[4] Hydroxychloroquine is in the antimalarial and 4-aminoquinoline families of medication.[2]

Hydroxychloroquine was approved for medical use in the United States in 1955.[2] It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines, the safest and most effective medicines needed in a health system.[5]

from Wikihttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroxychloroquine

I'm not trying to get anyone to take anything, just some promising news.

[DELETED - Martin]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
firefly
United Kingdom
3/28/2020  3:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/28/2020  3:37 PM
NotInMyHouse wrote:

That's all very positive and exciting. And I mean that, I'm certainly not against finding a therapeutic regimen for Covid ASAP. But what you have collated above? That is not FDA approval. That is all closely regulated clinical trials. What you're doing is running the risk of people popping the leftover malaria drugs they have at home on say so. It is irresponsible. The FDA will let you know when they're happy. Until then, please stop. You are endangering people.

Thank you.

And apologies it if it sounds like I'm trying to lecture you, I'm really not. But I am working every day here to save lives, and irresponsible dissemination of untrue information does not help. Thanks again.

firefly
United Kingdom
3/28/2020  3:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/28/2020  3:39 PM
Notinmyhouse, feel free to edit your post to say, potentially great advances etc etc. But you started with Zelenko, who's a debunked phoney idiot and then continued with unproven clinical trials. Please be clear, because it makes a difference. Thanks
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/28/2020  4:13 PM
NotInMyHouse, I don't know how to handle this better but I am going to ask you to not post any more information about this topic. If you'd like to discuss offline with me, I'm at martin@ultimateknicks.com

Your sources are not very good and are all over the place with bad information and I don't have the time or energy to counter all of them. I'm of the mind to remove your above posts and I have edited some to remove just blatantly wrong/bad information.

FoxNews and DailyCaller are not even close to reliable sources of information, you should STOP referencing or looking at any of them FYI.

And if you can't find similar information on other outlets, take that as a hint that what you are reading is flat FALSE.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
firefly
United Kingdom
3/28/2020  4:22 PM
martin wrote:NotInMyHouse, I don't know how to handle this better but I am going to ask you to not post any more information about this topic. If you'd like to discuss offline with me, I'm at martin@ultimateknicks.com

Your sources are not very good and are all over the place with bad information and I don't have the time or energy to counter all of them. I'm of the mind to remove your above posts and I have edited some to remove just blatantly wrong/bad information.

FoxNews and DailyCaller are not even close to reliable sources of information, you should STOP referencing or looking at any of them FYI.

And if you can't find similar information on other outlets, take that as a hint that what you are reading is flat FALSE.

Thanks Martin. Ugh now I'm doubly frustrated, having seen that the OP actually used the words "The Chinese Virus". Kill me now.

martin
USA
3/28/2020  4:26 PM
And if it wasn't already clear to everyone, Trump, Pence and a bunch of others have put out verifiable bad lies in their press conferences. This is a statement of fact. Not everything, but enough that it's just horrible.

We can do better. And if you are unsure, ask about what you are posting or if you don't know too much about or are unfamiliar with, I'll help out if I can.

This is real and is going to last a LONG time. People are dying. Hospitals are overflowing.

martin
USA
3/28/2020  7:22 PM
Rocky road ahead, and it's a long one. Read whole thread.

martin
USA
3/28/2020  7:24 PM
martin
USA
3/28/2020  7:35 PM
martin
USA
3/29/2020  2:20 AM
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/29/2020  11:54 AM
Those are tuned to the Prada (Fox) are recieving propoganda.
In any role where I am providing leadership or dispensing advice professoinally I simple tell people I am listing to those with credentialed science back ground and those credentialed in Math. Economic models, virus transmisson models, etc. Its not a given the theories come to fruition, but making it political is not useful.

If this turns around we'll blame the government for putting us in a panic. If we don't protect our people we'll blame our government for not being better prepared.
Mostly we are an ignorant reactive culture were we delfect blame then take responsibility.

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/29/2020  1:08 PM
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/29/2020  1:15 PM
Nalod wrote:Those are tuned to the Prada (Fox) are recieving propoganda.
In any role where I am providing leadership or dispensing advice professoinally I simple tell people I am listing to those with credentialed science back ground and those credentialed in Math. Economic models, virus transmisson models, etc. Its not a given the theories come to fruition, but making it political is not useful.

If this turns around we'll blame the government for putting us in a panic. If we don't protect our people we'll blame our government for not being better prepared.
Mostly we are an ignorant reactive culture were we delfect blame then take responsibility.

What I don't get about this recent bout of propaganda is that before they could get away with it because reality wasn't going to hit for years. In this situation reality is happening NOW and about to get astronomically worse- what the f*** are they going to say in a week, 2 weeks, a month?!

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/29/2020  2:36 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/8-strains-coronavirus-circling-globe-182338255.html

Good article with reasonably good news. Researchers do not believe this virus will mutate into a deadlier one. That it actually mutates much slower than normal flu.

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/30/2020  1:27 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Nalod wrote:Those are tuned to the Prada (Fox) are recieving propoganda.

What I don't get about this recent bout of propaganda is that before they could get away with it because reality wasn't going to hit for years. In this situation reality is happening NOW and about to get astronomically worse- what the f*** are they going to say in a week, 2 weeks, a month?!

Yesterday admin kind of got its act together and this will go on for about another month. No Easterbunny easter resurrection of the economy. 45 is a clown show whose transparency more evident as this is not abstract. This is not a impeachment hoax. Virus is not Trumps fault. Its not "China's Fault". Its happend. Blame is the game and has been winning.

martin
USA
3/30/2020  10:46 PM
This is happening all around us. Thread

OT: Coronavirus updates/info

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy