[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Leon Rose Will Be Fired In How Many Years?

Author Poll
toodarkmark
Member: #515
USA
Just wondering how delusional fans are about Rose actually succeeding under James Dolan.

Sorry if this seems negative, but as long as fans keep buying into the every 2, 3 years "We need your patience, here is a new shiny boss" con that James Dolan has been running for twenty years, then I feel the need to paste it.

One
Two
Three
More
View Results

Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
3/24/2020  3:37 PM
Nalod wrote:I can understand Leon will hire guys he trusts and admires. He should. If he bring on players and coaches solely on his past affiliations as reported then he will fail. It get media has to write things and linking a coach to him is a natural.

First and foremost what is the plan? Then hire based on the job description. For all we know he has someone that blows him away and he could be a retread or has yet to head coach in the NBA. Because of his lackluster history I thought Joe Torre when hired to coach Yankees was a bad idea. I was wrong obviously.
I though Don Nelson when replaced Riles was a star phuch. It was, reason is he was not suited to the roster for what he wanted to do. We exiled him for all the wrong reasons!
Typical knicks,, good idea bad execution. Knicks were poised to be high octane team. not with Ewing. Pat was cooked by 1999 and improbable run to finals gives JVG big extension. That don’t happen Grunwald hires an uptempo coach.
Issue is not intention, its the execution. Let’s hope Leon has the room to be independent from Dolan long enough to succeed. If not, Dolan will likely interfere. He did with Phil and like Nellie wanted Ewing gone for the greater good Dolan sided with this star, he did similar with KP. Timing is everything and Dolan just seems to be on wrong side of the clock.

The two names recently mentioned for the gm job were Ryan West and Bobby Webster. Both guys are young, bright guys. He certainly could follow in Phil’s shoes and get his guys paid but we won’t know until it happens.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
4/2/2020  3:23 AM

Urrrrgh! He completely stuffed up the Sixers chances with his moves over the last year

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/2/2020  8:20 AM
Issue might be more 76ers were wrong to hire him in the first place. He was a bit inexperienced. Ball players can hit a ceiling in their careers much because of age. GM’s learn thru experience and each decision presented has its own circumstances. IF Brand is intelligent, knowledgeable and motivated I think should be considered. I’d want to know his part in Bringing in Jimmy Butler and his part to not retaining him. PHilly’s ownership is very hands on. I’d want to know their influence.
The notion of a philly connection is tired. Is everyone from philly a candidate for a Leon hire/signing? Is every former client one also?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/2/2020  11:47 AM
smackeddog wrote:

Urrrrgh! He completely stuffed up the Sixers chances with his moves over the last year

Was this an April Fool's day joke?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Leon Rose Will Be Fired In How Many Years?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy