[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/19/2020  11:01 AM
jrodmc wrote:Is Hubie Brown still alive?
"real" basketball coaches. SMFH...

I remember reading how Fiz was able to "relate" to "today's NBA"... that went well, didn't it?

IMHO, Miller's already earned another year, dealing with and actually winning games with this rancid pile of horse****.

He can actually relate, but that's where the buck stops, he doesn't know how to do anything else as a head coach is suppose to do.

IMO it's just as important to have a balance coaching staff as well as a balance roster.

So guys like Thibs and JVG need to have offensive gurus on their staff

ES
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/19/2020  11:31 AM
Thibs won't commute from the city. He stalks the players in the gym even in the offseason! LOL
I like the idea of Thibs but the issue is he loses his team. His teams had talent. I think he had Jimmy butler twice? In Chicago and then in Minny. I don't know the full story but video of the famous Minny practice with Thibs is revealed here:

knicks1248
2/19/2020  11:33 AM
Vmart wrote:I like Miller and would be very happy to have him be the Knicks coach now and in the future. He has done more with little than anyone could imagine. Since he has taken over he has had the team playing better and if I’m not mistaken has top eight record which basically mean if he had the opportunity to start coaching from the beginning the Knicks are close to or are in the playoffs.

Don’t think JVG and Tibs do anything differently than Miller. Remember Tibs has that propensity to basically run players into the ground with heavy minutes. Players today liked to be pampered and like the occasional day off or minutes management as longevity of career is the utmost importance. Tibs basically would cause a rebellion.

I like miller but it is hard to tell how good he really is when it's fizdale he's coming after.

ES
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/19/2020  11:49 AM
This "can taste" the five year $30m contract he'd like to sign for which he'll only actually coach 1.5 years before being fired.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/19/2020  11:53 AM
coach is for the GM and pres to pick and its incredibly important. It doesnt matter if its Thibs, JVG or some sleeper we dont know about yet. What matter is that there is some kind of vision or roadmap or plan in place that everyone is one the same page and even has a say.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/19/2020  12:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/19/2020  12:36 PM
Nalod wrote:Thibs won't commute from the city. He stalks the players in the gym even in the offseason! LOL
I like the idea of Thibs but the issue is he loses his team. His teams had talent. I think he had Jimmy butler twice? In Chicago and then in Minny. I don't know the full story but video of the famous Minny practice with Thibs is revealed here:

One of their best ones. "How do you like my muffins now!" Lol Also, the episode where the Trailblazers decide to trade for a horse that does horse things instead of Mario Hezonja hahaha

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

2/19/2020  2:16 PM
Vmart wrote:I like Miller and would be very happy to have him be the Knicks coach now and in the future. He has done more with little than anyone could imagine. Since he has taken over he has had the team playing better and if I’m not mistaken has top eight record which basically mean if he had the opportunity to start coaching from the beginning the Knicks are close to or are in the playoffs.

Don’t think JVG and Tibs do anything differently than Miller. Remember Tibs has that propensity to basically run players into the ground with heavy minutes. Players today liked to be pampered and like the occasional day off or minutes management as longevity of career is the utmost importance. Tibs basically would cause a rebellion.

I am impressed with Miller too, so far. It will be interesting to see the finish of this season, now that Morris Sr. has moved on to greener pastures. He needs to show improvement with the youths, as opposed to riding the one and done vets.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
DJMUSIC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1283

2/19/2020  5:29 PM
ankurk wrote:This guy would kill to be the knicks coach. Why are we not giving him his chance?

I always liked Thibs when here with JVG
later a Celtic (Assistant) & Wolves coach

Celtics praised Thibs.

Why not Thibs?
He's JVG version 2.0 OR Tom Thibs v2020 here

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/20/2020  7:16 AM
DJMUSIC wrote:
ankurk wrote:This guy would kill to be the knicks coach. Why are we not giving him his chance?

Celtics praised Thibs.

Why not Thibs?

Read up on how he succeeded then ultimately did not in his two gig. He has many great attributes that make him a good/great coach but its also problematic and leads to ineffective leadership. I don’t object his hire if he can control himself.
JVG has become a TV personality. I don’t enjoy his fabricated sensationalist rants. I loved him as a coach as the young over worked Diet Coke drinking underdog who owned Riley and latched on to Mournings leg. Is he that guy all these years later? He has not coached an NBA team in some time. Team USA is not the same. I’d give THIBs a 4 years 5mm per deal with the last year at team option. The team would be in better shape even if he burns out. If he wants it so bad he might compromise. ITs better than staying at his brothers house.

fishmike
USA
2/20/2020  10:28 AM
Nalod wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:

Celtics praised Thibs.

Why not Thibs?

Read up on how he succeeded then ultimately did not in his two gig. He has many great attributes that make him a good/great coach but its also problematic and leads to ineffective leadership. I don’t object his hire if he can control himself.
JVG has become a TV personality. I don’t enjoy his fabricated sensationalist rants. I loved him as a coach as the young over worked Diet Coke drinking underdog who owned Riley and latched on to Mournings leg. Is he that guy all these years later? He has not coached an NBA team in some time. Team USA is not the same. I’d give THIBs a 4 years 5mm per deal with the last year at team option. The team would be in better shape even if he burns out. If he wants it so bad he might compromise. ITs better than staying at his brothers house.

JVG's TV experience is a positive IMO. Its a great up close view into every other team and tons of players. When you coach its all in the context of other players vs. your players. I think JVG's time on TV is a huge plus.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/20/2020  10:36 AM
I personally think Miller should return. I like giving stuff to people when they earn it. He's gotten way more out of this roster than I thought possible. Lastly, this team isn't going to compete for really any time soon, for the sake of consistency, can we please just keep the same coach. Like, maybe we don't have to hire yet another HC
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fishmike
USA
2/20/2020  11:37 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I personally think Miller should return. I like giving stuff to people when they earn it. He's gotten way more out of this roster than I thought possible. Lastly, this team isn't going to compete for really any time soon, for the sake of consistency, can we please just keep the same coach. Like, maybe we don't have to hire yet another HC
I would love him back. His approach strikes as perfect.
GT2AM
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8847

2/20/2020  11:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/20/2020  11:53 AM
Sangfroid wrote:

I am impressed with Miller too, so far. It will be interesting to see the finish of this season, now that Morris Sr. has moved on to greener pastures. He needs to show improvement with the youths, as opposed to riding the one and done vets.

I like Miller too and think he's done a good job. I mean, a week and a half ago people were talking PLAYOFFS! The Knicks. Yes he rides vets too much. But if you look at the roster and who has a large posibility of coming back next year. The main young guys. Thats RJ, Mitch, Knox, Frank, DSJ, Dotson. Randle is signed. Payton and Bullock have performed well and have good contracts. Being that there is no current better point guard (and a rookie won't be ready to start) they will probably bring them both back. And Taj has been so important to the team, to Mitch, veteran leadership, and he can still hold his own on the court. So they may bring him back. I might as well mention Harkless because it seems like Miller will give him court time. He's still young at 26. He's from Queens. He was a starter on the Clips. And there are like no teams with cap space this summer. If Harkless doesn't find anything better the Knicks might want to bring him back on a vet minimum or something close to that. So he might be a part of the next year future too. We'll see what he brings to the team.
My point is thats 11 guys who may be here next year. So he's playing his team. He's not just riding vets to maybe get a few more wins to pad his next job resume. He's trying to get the Knicks team better and maybe even get them into the playoffs. That means he's only using 2 guys who won't be back for sure. Portis and Ellington. And Ellington has ony been recently. So is everybody going crazy that Miller plays vets only because of Portis?

knicks1248
2/20/2020  12:30 PM
GT2AM wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:

I like Miller too and think he's done a good job. I mean, a week and a half ago people were talking PLAYOFFS! The Knicks. Yes he rides vets too much. But if you look at the roster and who has a large posibility of coming back next year. The main young guys. Thats RJ, Mitch, Knox, Frank, DSJ, Dotson. Randle is signed. Payton and Bullock have performed well and have good contracts. Being that there is no current better point guard (and a rookie won't be ready to start) they will probably bring them both back. And Taj has been so important to the team, to Mitch, veteran leadership, and he can still hold his own on the court. So they may bring him back. I might as well mention Harkless because it seems like Miller will give him court time. He's still young at 26. He's from Queens. He was a starter on the Clips. And there are like no teams with cap space this summer. If Harkless doesn't find anything better the Knicks might want to bring him back on a vet minimum or something close to that. So he might be a part of the next year future too. We'll see what he brings to the team.
My point is thats 11 guys who may be here next year. So he's playing his team. He's not just riding vets to maybe get a few more wins to pad his next job resume. He's trying to get the Knicks team better and maybe even get them into the playoffs. That means he's only using 2 guys who won't be back for sure. Portis and Ellington. And Ellington has ony been recently. So is everybody going crazy that Miller plays vets only because of Portis?

Knox is playing so bad that your forced to play Portis, and now he'll let Harkless coming and jack his minutes.

The problem with our young players is that they play so poorly that they can't beat out the any of the vets

ES

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy