[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks are interested in guards LaMelo Ball ,Tyrese Maxey,Tyrese Haliburton and Killian Hayes in 2020 draft per berman
Author Thread
houston20
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8797

2/16/2020  8:02 PM
According to an NBA source, the Knicks scouting staff has been instructed the top priority is a scoring point guard on which to use their lottery pick.

The second priority, likely for the Clippers’ pick, is a shooting guard who has 3-point range — something rookie RJ Barrett has not shown.

Enlarge ImageTyrese Haliburton; LaMelo Ball; Tyrese Maxey NBA 2020 mock draft
Tyrese Haliburton; LaMelo Ball; Tyrese MaxeyAP (2), Getty
The mission to find a scoring point guard is good news since there are a bunch projected to go high in the lottery. The Knicks currently are burdened with three point guards on their 15-man roster who are poor 3-point shooters — Elfrid Payton (23.7 percent from 3), Frank Ntilikina (30.4) and Dennis Smith Jr. (29.2).

The 6-foot-5 LaMelo Ball is among the top projected selections, though 3-point shooting is not his strength. As The Post reported, nobody from the Knicks scouting staff has traveled to Australia to see Ball play live. The Knicks planned the trip for January but Ball shut it down in December after getting injured.

However, Ball signed with Creative Artist Agency and Rose was expected to be his agent.

The other high lottery pick who plays the point and has generated major buzz is North Carolina’s Cole Anthony, Greg Anthony’s son, whose freshman season was interrupted by a knee injury. However, Greg Anthony was quoted as saying his son could return to UNC next season.

But don’t sleep on a few other candidates who can play the point — Kentucky combo guard Tyrese Maxey, Iowa State 6-5 point guard Tyrese Haliburton and 6-5 combo guard Killian Hayes, who plays in Germany.

It’s still unknown whether acting president Scott Perry will be in the war room advising Rose on the pick. Rose is still tying up loose ends with his clients at CAA and the official announcement may be more than a week away.

With Rose’s consultation, the Knicks went hard after Golden State scoring point guard D’Angelo Russell at the trade deadline 10 days ago but came up empty. Russell wound up in Minnesota and the Knicks will have to continue their search in the offseason.
https://nypost.com/2020/02/16/knicks-nba-draft-priority-could-lead-to-lamelo-ball-college-studs/

AUTOADVERT
houston20

2/17/2020  9:58 AM
No lamelo ball for me lavar ball to much to handle, plus jame dolan would do an charles okaley type of situation on lavar ball. I think lamelo needs to go to small market team like the piston,hawks,or cavs do what his brother doing in new orleans less distraction.
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/17/2020  12:22 PM
houston20 wrote:No lamelo ball for me lavar ball to much to handle, plus jame dolan would do an charles okaley type of situation on lavar ball. I think lamelo needs to go to small market team like the piston,hawks,or cavs do what his brother doing in new orleans less distraction.

Lavar has pretty much behaved himself since Lonzo came into the league- what problems has he caused? I might of just not noticed, but it seems like he kept to his assurances that he wouldn't say too much once his son got drafted.

smackeddog
Member: #883
2/17/2020  12:23 PM
Tyrese Maxey is the only name I don't like- anyone a fan of his that can sell me on him?
houston20

2/17/2020  1:41 PM
smackeddog wrote:
houston20 wrote:No lamelo ball for me lavar ball to much to handle, plus jame dolan would do an charles okaley type of situation on lavar ball. I think lamelo needs to go to small market team like the piston,hawks,or cavs do what his brother doing in new orleans less distraction.

Lavar has pretty much behaved himself since Lonzo came into the league- what problems has he caused? I might of just not noticed, but it seems like he kept to his assurances that he wouldn't say too much once his son got drafted.

Lavar ball behaved when lonzo got traded to new orleans and lavar ball got angry when lonzo ball was in trade rumors to go to new orleans. Lavar ball caused problems with magic johnson in the front office talking smack about luke walton. Lavar is going to make his son lamelo ball drop in this draft because of his attitude. I don't think lavar ball and james dolan partnership will workout causes problem.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/17/2020  1:52 PM
sometimes people learn? Lavar likes to sell TV shows and that act is the reason why people tune in. I don’t know enough about the kids game but I’d be worried about LaMelo personality. Is he an entitled little shyt or by growing up with this crap he is above it and cool? RJ Barrett is handling it. NY media can be intense. But he might be immune to it by now.
Can he play Physical attributes? Personality make up?
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/17/2020  2:19 PM
houston20 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Lavar ball behaved when lonzo got traded to new orleans and lavar ball got angry when lonzo ball was in trade rumors to go to new orleans. Lavar ball caused problems with magic johnson in the front office talking smack about luke walton. Lavar is going to make his son lamelo ball drop in this draft because of his attitude. I don't think lavar ball and james dolan partnership will workout causes problem.

I disagree - I think lavar 'behaved' because Lonzo effectively fired him from Big Baller Brand... sure it's lavar's, but it ain't gonna do **** without his sons' money

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
houston20

2/17/2020  2:27 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
houston20 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I disagree - I think lavar 'behaved' because Lonzo effectively fired him from Big Baller Brand... sure it's lavar's, but it ain't gonna do **** without his sons' money

Lavar still has a large voice especially if one of his sons gets into a big market team via LA or NYC he is going to talk nonsense and already knicks pr already have to many dumb clowns.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/17/2020  3:08 PM
If Wiseman is available though don't know if it would be a good decision to pass him up. But would open up a couple trade opportunities with Warriors, Hornets, Pistons, Bulls, Spurs.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knicks are interested in guards LaMelo Ball ,Tyrese Maxey,Tyrese Haliburton and Killian Hayes in 2020 draft per berman

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy