[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Development?! We talkin' 'bout development?
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/18/2020  10:45 AM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:According to the coach, looks like there's no chance Knox enters the starting lineup or at lest get more mins that he's been getting, at least not in the near future. The season is a wash and the GM said as much by trading away our best player for a 1st rd pick. Can't blame whats left of the front office on the lack of minutes, this seems to be Millers call.

For the sake of the franchise, it's senseless that Knox and Frank are only playing 10 mins in a blow out no less, and Zo continues to collect DNPS. But I guess it makes sense for Miller to chase meaningless wins to try and keep his job or perhaps audition for another one next year...

Most of the 2nd half of the season may be filled with watching journeymen: Bullock, Ellington and now Harkless eat up the majority of the mins while we enter next season with more questions than answers about Frank and Knox. Or, maybe most of the question marks about are young players are answered, but most of us just dont want to admit to them just yet....Fun Times ahead

You are not wrong, This is pretty much what the situation is.

Once again, it appears that the front office (like I said, what's left of it) and the coaching staff are not on the same page...Outside of Mitch, and collecting a first round pick for Morris, this year feels like a waste. We invested more journeymen on 1 yr deals than most of our players on rookie contracts. Hopefully, we can luck up and land an impact player or two in the draft.....This season can't end fast enough

I really feel like we are due to hit on this yr draft for some reason. I feel it in the air.

It's weird man, Knicks have worst record in a 2 star draft and get 3rd pick, odds be damned. I like RJ and all but he is just a cut below at best.

Your fighting the reality man. Knicks had the same odds as the worst 3 teams. I know the worst record should product the best pick but we all know the NBA has attempted to neuter the tank.
I agree, its ironic!!!

2019 and beyond........
1.140 combinations, 14.0% chance of receiving the No. 1 pick
2.140 combinations, 14.0% chance
3.140 combinations, 14.0% chance
4.125 combinations, 12.5% chance
5.105 combinations, 10.5% chance
6.90 combinations, 9.0% chance
7.75 combinations, 7.5% chance
8.60 combinations, 6.0% chance
9.45 combinations, 4.5% chance
10.30 combinations, 3.0% chance

AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/18/2020  5:42 PM
GustavBahler wrote:I thought your season of Miller hate would subside Uptown, but I was very wrong. Your hateburgers are still being served, with your secret hate sauce.

Put yourself in Miller's shoes. You're a bball lifer, you're in your mid 50s. You've been a good soldier, so to speak, for the Knicks. Now you are getting the shot that you have worked decades for

Do you try to show the team, the league, you know how to win? No one is telling you to tank, or play the kids regardless of how well they're playing.

Of course Miller is going for wins, absent an order from mgmt to tank, or go into G-league mode. This is his shot.

The secret sauce is always on deck....He's pretty much lame-duck status with a new Prez coming in. He's coaching for a future job and from his Millers perspective, I get it. But from a Knicks fan perspective, its frustrating watching our future take a back seat to a coach's agenda...

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/18/2020  6:04 PM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:I thought your season of Miller hate would subside Uptown, but I was very wrong. Your hateburgers are still being served, with your secret hate sauce.

Put yourself in Miller's shoes. You're a bball lifer, you're in your mid 50s. You've been a good soldier, so to speak, for the Knicks. Now you are getting the shot that you have worked decades for

Do you try to show the team, the league, you know how to win? No one is telling you to tank, or play the kids regardless of how well they're playing.

Of course Miller is going for wins, absent an order from mgmt to tank, or go into G-league mode. This is his shot.

The secret sauce is always on deck....He's pretty much lame-duck status with a new Prez coming in. He's coaching for a future job and from his Millers perspective, I get it. But from a Knicks fan perspective, its frustrating watching our future take a back seat to a coach's agenda...

Coach being judged on wins/losses or development or both?

Seems like all of the above to me. Or should be

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/18/2020  6:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/18/2020  6:09 PM
martin wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Can't disagree with that...

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/18/2020  7:58 PM
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Uptown and Martin, leaving the after dinner hate mints! Players have to earn their minutes, and Miller doesnt have the time to wait on young players to contribute.

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/18/2020  11:40 PM
I think I know what needs to be said next. After our "development" coach taught our young players the losing ways with an atrocious record, Miller comes in and gets the team back to winning(I know 13-20 is not super but compared with 4-20 that is truly outstanding. So teaching the youngins how to win , what basketball can be with proper X and 0's. We are still not happy and it's probably because our only criteria to judge development is the amount of minutes. There is probably more to that
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Nalod
USA
2/19/2020  8:36 AM
One game he gave all the guys participation trophy playing time. Might be to showcase a bit? Agents might be shopping them if knicks want to waive them.
What’s said behind closed doors stays behind them.
Lame ducks? MIller showed his chops which is why he got the gig. He has done well by most standards. If Leon wants development and the kids play then the kids play. If miller was in the midst of a playoff run they’d let him. But he is not. Likley knicks have it in their minds they are bringing in a new coach regardless and caveat might keep Miller. Fact is Miller might leave on his own as he has done well and might have opportunities. Perry is a pro and likely to get recommended for other gigs. Maybe not as a GM as there are few of those open. This guy just seems To be riding on the wrong coat tails at times.
Development? It has many faces. When the team is struggling its easy to suggest alternatives. Justification? “It can’t hurt”!
Winds of change will be blowing soon enough.
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

2/19/2020  9:58 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Uptown and Martin, leaving the after dinner hate mints! Players have to earn their minutes, and Miller doesnt have the time to wait on young players to contribute.

I like Miller but i do think there is something fishy going on. Yes it's awesome if the coach is clear in his expectations,e.g., earn minutes by X [playing D, good screens, taking care of the ball whatever]

but how does that dovetail with DSJ getting any minutes whatsoever, or with Julius and his spinovers

Again i like Miller but also feel this team is, and has been, rudderless for 2 years

(5)(5)
Nalod
USA
2/19/2020  10:45 AM
I have read that players need to earn minutes. Payton has. Fact is Payton likely not here next year and we have to make choices on either or both of Frank/Dennis.
Dennis has not earned it but did by getting drafted and in spots shown the talent. Not fair but we have no core at certain positions and until that is established the potential card still gets played.
IM surprised Trier is still on the roster. For all we know he either is either waived or back in the rotation. Rudderless? I agree.

I think Randle, like Morris and Hardaway jr. are in unnatural positions. Need talent and put players in the position to succeed. Randle "Spinovers" does not mean he lacks talent, but he can't be our closer.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/19/2020  12:33 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:
Uptown wrote:

+1
Gustav with the Miller Lite sorbet for dessert.

And the only actual win streak in recent memory coupled with actually playing the closest thing we've seen to Chris Smith, so to speak.
Wins/losses AND attempted player development.

In a freak bench move for this franchise, I really hope Miller stays on the bench in some capacity. Stability has to start somewhere beyond H20.

Nalod
USA
2/19/2020  12:40 PM
jrodmc wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:
Uptown wrote:

+1
Gustav with the Miller Lite sorbet for dessert.

And the only actual win streak in recent memory coupled with actually playing the closest thing we've seen to Chris Smith, so to speak.
Wins/losses AND attempted player development.

In a freak bench move for this franchise, I really hope Miller stays on the bench in some capacity. Stability has to start somewhere beyond H20.

Our instability is our stability! Agents now run franchises. Auerbach is rolling in his grave!

Development?! We talkin' 'bout development?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy