[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Development?! We talkin' 'bout development?
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/15/2020  7:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/15/2020  12:18 PM
According to the coach, looks like there's no chance Knox enters the starting lineup or at lest get more mins that he's been getting, at least not in the near future. The season is a wash and the GM said as much by trading away our best player for a 1st rd pick. Can't blame whats left of the front office on the lack of minutes, this seems to be Millers call.

For the sake of the franchise, it's senseless that Knox and Frank are only playing 10 mins in a blow out no less, and Zo continues to collect DNPS. But I guess it makes sense for Miller to chase meaningless wins to try and keep his job or perhaps audition for another one next year...

Most of the 2nd half of the season may be filled with watching journeymen: Bullock, Ellington and now Harkless eat up the majority of the mins while we enter next season with more questions than answers about Frank and Knox. Or, maybe most of the question marks about are young players are answered, but most of us just dont want to admit to them just yet....Fun Times ahead

AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/15/2020  12:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/15/2020  12:03 PM
Uptown wrote:According to the coach, looks like there's no chance Knox enters the starting lineup or at lest get more mins that he's been getting, at least not in the near future. The season is a wash and the GM said as much by trading away our best player for a 1st rd pick. Can't blame whats left of the front office on the lack of minutes, this seems to be Millers call.

For the sake of the franchise, it's senseless that Knox and Frank are only playing 10 mins in a blow out no less, and Zo continues to collect DNPS. But I guess it makes sense for Miller to chase as many meaningless wins to try and keep his job or perhaps land another one next year...

Most of the 2nd half of the season may be filled with watching journeymen: Bullock, Ellington and now Harkless eat up the majority of the mins while we enter next season with more questions than answers about FRrnk and Knox. Or, maybe most of the question marks about are young players are answered, but most of us just dont want to admit to them just yet....Fun Times ahead

[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mike+miller+aint+giving+minutes+to+development[/YouTube]

The reason why Frank and knox have been bad to avg is because franks (in particular) knicks career has been full of meaningless games.

If these guys were playing well, do you think for one minute that their minutes would be what it is now.

How many times have these guys been given the opportunity to solidify the starting position. Frank had a month and a half when payton was hurt and DSJ was grieving..

They should have to Earned their mins bra and take advantage of the opportunities they get, not just give them minutes to keep developing bad habits because it's a meaningless game...

ES
Uptown

2/15/2020  5:18 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:According to the coach, looks like there's no chance Knox enters the starting lineup or at lest get more mins that he's been getting, at least not in the near future. The season is a wash and the GM said as much by trading away our best player for a 1st rd pick. Can't blame whats left of the front office on the lack of minutes, this seems to be Millers call.

For the sake of the franchise, it's senseless that Knox and Frank are only playing 10 mins in a blow out no less, and Zo continues to collect DNPS. But I guess it makes sense for Miller to chase as many meaningless wins to try and keep his job or perhaps land another one next year...

Most of the 2nd half of the season may be filled with watching journeymen: Bullock, Ellington and now Harkless eat up the majority of the mins while we enter next season with more questions than answers about FRrnk and Knox. Or, maybe most of the question marks about are young players are answered, but most of us just dont want to admit to them just yet....Fun Times ahead

[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mike+miller+aint+giving+minutes+to+development[/YouTube]

The reason why Frank and knox have been bad to avg is because franks (in particular) knicks career has been full of meaningless games.

If these guys were playing well, do you think for one minute that their minutes would be what it is now.

How many times have these guys been given the opportunity to solidify the starting position. Frank had a month and a half when payton was hurt and DSJ was grieving..

They should have to Earned their mins bra and take advantage of the opportunities they get, not just give them minutes to keep developing bad habits because it's a meaningless game...

Robinson has been able to develop in the same set of meaningless games....The FO tried to catch lightening in a bottle by signing these journeymen in hopes battling for an 8th seed. That ship has sailed, and Perry seemed to wave the white flag on the season and set his focus back on the future instead of the immediate future...Problem is, Miller is more concerned with the immediate future.

With that said, I would like the focus of these final 25 games to be on the guys still on rookie contracts...

GT2AM
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8847

2/15/2020  10:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/15/2020  10:34 PM
knicks1248 wrote:The reason why Frank and knox have been bad to avg is because franks (in particular) knicks career has been full of meaningless games.

Frank gets his minutes. It seems that thats what he is, a backup pointguard in this league. Knox keeps sucking it up every time hes out there. Maybe he's not putting what he does in practice into the game. So he doesn't get extended minutes in the game. Other young guys should get more minutes because they seem to produce, like Dotson. I still don't think we should tank. The Knicks are just out of the playoff race with 27 games left to play. The teams ahead of us are not that scary, not that good. I think the best thing for development isn't neccesarily minutes but rather important games where a player is forced to focus. There is a reason it seems like good teams, even though they pick late, seem to develop their players better. They play with vets who make them better (in game and in practice) and in meaningful games.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/15/2020  11:00 PM
Ellington and Harkless are buyout candidates. I think it was reported Ellington wanted out. But Ellington's contract might be something the Knicks want for this offseason. 8 mil with only 1 mil guaranteed seems like an easy to move deal. I think Harkless is just bought out.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Pellscup
Member: #8843

2/16/2020  9:07 AM
i think, we're talking about marginal nba players here, it's almost like who cares about their development. we're not talking about stunting, you know, a kritzsaps or a high ceiling player.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/16/2020  9:19 AM

For the sake of the franchise, it's senseless that Knox and Frank are only playing 10 mins in a blow out no less, and Zo continues to collect DNPS. But I guess it makes sense for Miller to chase meaningless wins to try and keep his job or perhaps audition for another one next year...

Most of the 2nd half of the season may be filled with watching journeymen: Bullock, Ellington and now Harkless eat up the majority of the mins while we enter next season with more questions than answers about Frank and Knox. Or, maybe most of the question marks about are young players are answered, but most of us just dont want to admit to them just yet....Fun Times ahead

You are not wrong, This is pretty much what the situation is.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Uptown

2/16/2020  10:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2020  10:56 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Once again, it appears that the front office (like I said, what's left of it) and the coaching staff are not on the same page...Outside of Mitch, RJ and collecting a first round pick for Morris, this year feels like a waste. We invested more journeymen on 1 yr deals than most of our players on rookie contracts. Hopefully, we can luck up and land an impact player or two in the draft.....This season can't end fast enough

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/16/2020  10:50 AM
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Once again, it appears that the front office (like I said, what's left of it) and the coaching staff are not on the same page...Outside of Mitch, and collecting a first round pick for Morris, this year feels like a waste. We invested more journeymen on 1 yr deals than most of our players on rookie contracts. Hopefully, we can luck up and land an impact player or two in the draft.....This season can't end fast enough

I really feel like we are due to hit on this yr draft for some reason. I feel it in the air.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Uptown

2/16/2020  10:51 AM
Pellscup wrote:i think, we're talking about marginal nba players here, it's almost like who cares about their development. we're not talking about stunting, you know, a kritzsaps or a high ceiling player.

You may be 100% correct. Frank, Knox, Zo, Dot and DSJ may be nothing more than marginal players. That's what they've shown thus far through their short career's. After posting the worst record in the league last year, and after what looked like a full rebuild, the Knicks should have remained all in on the rebuilding track this year. Frank, DSJ, Knox and Zo should have been featured this year so that we could turn some of the maybe's into actual yes (he's a part of out future moving forward) or No (he's not apart of our future).

Instead the plan was to create an illusion that we changed our losing culture and chase the 8th seed. I understood what the front office was thinking but hated the plan from jump...

Uptown

2/16/2020  10:55 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Once again, it appears that the front office (like I said, what's left of it) and the coaching staff are not on the same page...Outside of Mitch, and collecting a first round pick for Morris, this year feels like a waste. We invested more journeymen on 1 yr deals than most of our players on rookie contracts. Hopefully, we can luck up and land an impact player or two in the draft.....This season can't end fast enough

I really feel like we are due to hit on this yr draft for some reason. I feel it in the air.

I hope so...But with our string of bad luck, this would be the year we land the first pick in a draft that doesn't have any franchise changing players like Zion or Ja.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/16/2020  11:39 AM
Uptown wrote:
Pellscup wrote:i think, we're talking about marginal nba players here, it's almost like who cares about their development. we're not talking about stunting, you know, a kritzsaps or a high ceiling player.

You may be 100% correct. Frank, Knox, Zo, Dot and DSJ may be nothing more than marginal players. That's what they've shown thus far through their short career's. After posting the worst record in the league last year, and after what looked like a full rebuild, the Knicks should have remained all in on the rebuilding track this year. Frank, DSJ, Knox and Zo should have been featured this year so that we could turn some of the maybe's into actual yes (he's a part of out future moving forward) or No (he's not apart of our future).

Instead the plan was to create an illusion that we changed our losing culture and chase the 8th seed. I understood what the front office was thinking but hated the plan from jump...

I was mistakenly ok with the plan. I hadn’t watched Randle and was only going on numbers. I thought at his age with the numbers he had put up that it was a good signing. I also liked Portis whenever he played against the Knicks. Over the summer I caught a couple of pods with guys that had covered the Pels. They all loved Elf but were really down on Randle. I get it now.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uptown

2/16/2020  12:35 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I was mistakenly ok with the plan. I hadn’t watched Randle and was only going on numbers. I thought at his age with the numbers he had put up that it was a good signing. I also liked Portis whenever he played against the Knicks. Over the summer I caught a couple of pods with guys that had covered the Pels. They all loved Elf but were really down on Randle. I get it now.

I was against signing Payton in the off season...I wanted Frank and Dennis to battle it out all year so that going into this summer, we would know for sure if either of them were worthy of being a part of our future. I also liked what I saw from Allen, so I didn't think Payton was necessary.

With that said, Payton has clearly been the best pg on this team this year...But he is what he is....A back-up on a good team and a fringe starter on a team that's not very good and are in a holding pattern waiting to draft or trade for a pg. The fact that Frank and Dennis couldn't beat out Payton for the starting position may be a bigger indictment on them...If the Knicks decide to draft a pg this summer and keep Payton around as the back up point, I wouldn't have much of a problem with that.

Agreed on Randle. He's a tweener who struggles to score over tall defenders, turns the ball over way too much and and doesn't play any defense at all...Hopefully we can move him at the trade deadline next yr similar to Morris.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/16/2020  12:38 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

It's weird man, Knicks have worst record in a 2 star draft and get 3rd pick, odds be damned. I like RJ and all but he is just a cut below at best.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/16/2020  8:26 PM

Kevin Knox one of the worst players in the NBA he doesnt deserve any minutes. He belongs in the d-league
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/16/2020  8:30 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

In a ****ty draft. We dont hit on Zion or Doncic we will end up with a bum

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/17/2020  11:51 AM
I thought your season of Miller hate would subside Uptown, but I was very wrong. Your hateburgers are still being served, with your secret hate sauce.

Put yourself in Miller's shoes. You're a bball lifer, you're in your mid 50s. You've been a good soldier, so to speak, for the Knicks. Now you are getting the shot that you have worked decades for

Do you try to show the team, the league, you know how to win? No one is telling you to tank, or play the kids regardless of how well they're playing.

Of course Miller is going for wins, absent an order from mgmt to tank, or go into G-league mode. This is his shot.

Chandler
Member: #6197

2/17/2020  12:18 PM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

It's weird man, Knicks have worst record in a 2 star draft and get 3rd pick, odds be damned. I like RJ and all but he is just a cut below at best.

I'm not disagreeing at all but also very happy with RJ. The things he needs to improve on, he can improve on, e.g. FTs, shooting. He's very smart, has his head screwed on straight, and has the chance to be special.

true, Zion and Ja seem destined for "special" status but RJ has a chance to enter that: take a look at the subsequent picks; who else would you prefer if there were a re-draft?

(5)(5)
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/17/2020  4:24 PM
I'm definitely not banking on finding a star pg in this draft, after seeing what they are doing with frank and DSJ, we need an establish pg via a trade.
ES
Kemet
Member: #6148

2/17/2020  5:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/17/2020  5:23 PM

Did coach Miller mention the word we we we to many times in the vid, as if its more than just Miller calling the shots at who gets playingtime, the substitution, and the play calling?
When RJ went out with injury, Miller was doing a good job at developing a 5 guard rotation of Payton & Bullock/Frank & Dotson & Ellington, I guess until WE wanted to see DSJ and RJ added to make it 6 guards in a game rotation for 2 consecutive losses.
When Miller coached the Wizards game, he coached a worst game than Fizdale .. It must be Staut comment SMH

Us Knick fans are looking for some type of same-page or chenistry Development in the lineups Miller put out on the court. A lot of Knick layers are still looking lost on both sides of the court .. only two players (Payton & Taj) performance in the Knicks starter lineup compliment the teammates performance. Miller need to sit back and develop a 5 man lineup to get some chemistry in the lineup. Knox & Portis & Randle need to practice hard on learning how to set decent pick/screen for teammates.
Miller letting Clumsy-Randle-Handle have the green-light to call-shots on offense consistently are a poor way of developing a team.

Development?! We talkin' 'bout development?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy