[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The 2 disgruntled young stars that could ask for trades in the off season buddy heild of kings and zach lavine of bulls.
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/13/2020  7:06 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
houston20 wrote:The kings buddy heild could ask for a trade this off season because he is coming off the bench and is not happy with his role plus the kings need to resign Bogdan Bogdanovic and dearron fox to contract extension this summer. Buddy heild will be making 26 million next year start of 2020/2021 season after that 2021/2022 season 24 million, 2022/2023 season 22 million and in 2023/2024 season 20 million. Buddy Hield might request a trade if he remains displeased with his role, per
@TheAthletic. Last thing about buddy heild he is averaging 20.4 points, 3 assist, 5 rebounds on 43 percent and 38 percent from three. Zach livine could be available very upset with the bulls and could start from scratch. Zach lavine is not making too much 2 years 39 million that is about 19.5 million a season and could trade 2 dallas picks with knox,frank, and ellington for lavine. Lavine would be the perfect combo guard fit next to rj and randle he average 25 points, 4.8 rebounds, 4.1 assist, on 44 percent shooting and 38 percent from three.

Neither of these guys are 2 way players. Both of them are players who have never been on winning teams as one of the better players on their team. Neither of them fit under the *Star* category. The trade you proposed for Lavine is waaaaaaaaaaaay to much to offer for him. They are good pieces to add as a 3rd/4th piece on a team in a trade where you have a contender and you can give up a draft pick and expiring salary for the extra fire power to put you over the edge. If AD were to magicaly sign as a FA then offering the lotto pick for Buddy straight up could be an angle as that would make sense looking to create a Buddy-Barrett-AD-Mitch combination or something to that nature.

These are the type of players, and depending on the amount of assets you give up. This is what gets you trapped in medocrity.

Name the 2 way players on the knicks?

actually, who in the NBA do you consider 2 way players?

Closest one to it would be Mitch, and he is more of a hustle guy then skilled.

Look at Raptors championship team last yr. Look at the type of players that they had/acquired and look at the value they gave up to obtain the pieces that were acquired.

The reason I asked you that is because you said neither fox or buddy are 2 way players, which I fully agree. But neither was allan houston

Knox and frank have little to no value, they combine to avg less than 20 points on 35% shooting and the dallas picks are not even lottery....

Imagine having Fox and Lavine as your back court

This thread is about Lavine and Buddy being possible trade candidates given their situation. How did we end up getting Fox and Lavine? Why would Kings trade Fox?

Alan Houston was signed as a FA to a team with a franchise center(Ewing) that made the 2nd round of the playoffs losing to the Bulls. How is signing Houston similar to this current Knicks team trading multiple assets for Lavine?

I mention allan houston as a very productive player in his role without having to be a good defender. All this talk about 2 way players when there's so few of those in the league is ridiculous.

ES
AUTOADVERT
jskinny35
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #928
USA
2/13/2020  7:35 PM
Marcus Morris played both sides... RJ tries on both ends... the difference is if you spend a lot of the cap on an athletic scorer who plays little D - he's got to be incredibly efficient offensively and you don't have too much left to fill out the roster with role players that cover for the star's deficiencies. Not to mention the leadership piece - great teams seem to have their best player be two way. Maybe part of why Klay and Draymond always seem to beat Harden (and whoever is supporting Harden). Spurs had Duncan, Lakers had Kobe, Kawhi and Raptors - no coincidence... Hoping RJ can be that guy, but suspect he's the perfect 2nd tier star - time will tell
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/13/2020  7:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2020  3:48 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
houston20 wrote:The kings buddy heild could ask for a trade this off season because he is coming off the bench and is not happy with his role plus the kings need to resign Bogdan Bogdanovic and dearron fox to contract extension this summer. Buddy heild will be making 26 million next year start of 2020/2021 season after that 2021/2022 season 24 million, 2022/2023 season 22 million and in 2023/2024 season 20 million. Buddy Hield might request a trade if he remains displeased with his role, per
@TheAthletic. Last thing about buddy heild he is averaging 20.4 points, 3 assist, 5 rebounds on 43 percent and 38 percent from three. Zach livine could be available very upset with the bulls and could start from scratch. Zach lavine is not making too much 2 years 39 million that is about 19.5 million a season and could trade 2 dallas picks with knox,frank, and ellington for lavine. Lavine would be the perfect combo guard fit next to rj and randle he average 25 points, 4.8 rebounds, 4.1 assist, on 44 percent shooting and 38 percent from three.

Neither of these guys are 2 way players. Both of them are players who have never been on winning teams as one of the better players on their team. Neither of them fit under the *Star* category. The trade you proposed for Lavine is waaaaaaaaaaaay to much to offer for him. They are good pieces to add as a 3rd/4th piece on a team in a trade where you have a contender and you can give up a draft pick and expiring salary for the extra fire power to put you over the edge. If AD were to magicaly sign as a FA then offering the lotto pick for Buddy straight up could be an angle as that would make sense looking to create a Buddy-Barrett-AD-Mitch combination or something to that nature.

These are the type of players, and depending on the amount of assets you give up. This is what gets you trapped in medocrity.

the bold. Nuff said!

I'd say yes to Lavine and no to Hield based on salary and ages. Zach is 24 and Buddy is already 27. Lavine is really good offensively and is getting better. I could see him being the second best scorer on a title team. I know Zach hasn't been on winning teams, but you can't help the teams you are drafted or traded too.

I've read over and over and over again how Lavine is a super low IQ player, and every time I've watch that seems to play out. I'd pass on him over and over and over again

And lazy AF.

He's taken on a role that he probably shouldn't have because the team lacks decision makers. I've also heard that he is a hard worker. I don't watch Bulls games so I can't say definitively. Do I see him as a guy who can carry us to a championship by himself? No. But I can't completely dismiss the idea without looking into it more. He's only 24. Don't expect him to have it all figured out now.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/14/2020  3:31 AM
CrushAlot wrote:I think Laurie may become available.

The bulls boards were saying at the deadline that they're bringing in a new GM from outside the organization come the offseason, so I suspect if true, the new GM will try to prepare relations with Laurie first (and also sack the coach).

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/14/2020  8:36 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Name the 2 way players on the knicks?

actually, who in the NBA do you consider 2 way players?

Closest one to it would be Mitch, and he is more of a hustle guy then skilled.

Look at Raptors championship team last yr. Look at the type of players that they had/acquired and look at the value they gave up to obtain the pieces that were acquired.

The reason I asked you that is because you said neither fox or buddy are 2 way players, which I fully agree. But neither was allan houston

Knox and frank have little to no value, they combine to avg less than 20 points on 35% shooting and the dallas picks are not even lottery....

Imagine having Fox and Lavine as your back court

This thread is about Lavine and Buddy being possible trade candidates given their situation. How did we end up getting Fox and Lavine? Why would Kings trade Fox?

Alan Houston was signed as a FA to a team with a franchise center(Ewing) that made the 2nd round of the playoffs losing to the Bulls. How is signing Houston similar to this current Knicks team trading multiple assets for Lavine?

I mention allan houston as a very productive player in his role without having to be a good defender. All this talk about 2 way players when there's so few of those in the league is ridiculous.

What your missing (intentionally or not) is the value aspect of it. Neither are 2 way players worthy of making trades like what Houston20 proposed. There is a reason why both Bulls and Kings still suck even though they have the Barnes, Lavines, Hields, Lauries etc..

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/14/2020  8:43 AM
I'm down for Hield because he's a perfect fit. Not so much LaVine. He's stuck between 2 positions and will block some development from Barrett.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/14/2020  10:41 AM
Knixkik wrote:I'm down for Hield because he's a perfect fit. Not so much LaVine. He's stuck between 2 positions and will block some development from Barrett.

he's a fit but he's essentially 'above average'. that's a lot of bread for slightly above meh

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
newyorknewyork
2/14/2020  11:02 AM
Julius Randle at 24 yrs old who is putting up 19-9-3 was signed for a 2 yr deal with a 3rd yr TO. While he has been okay for us and somewhat of a disappointment. This was still a solid value signing. Only cap was used and was worth the shot given the Knicks situation. Now imagine we gave up the Dallas picks for Randle or something.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
2/14/2020  11:16 AM
They maybe available but do they move the needle? Are they empty stats guys why is it that their team isn’t winning? Why are they disgruntled if they are? What good is it to add young players if the developmental system isn’t there. Knox has taken a huge step back, Frank plays defense really well but dude can’t shoot for shyt I don’t think he will ever get better with it. Barrett looks promising but if history of NYK development tells us anything he probably regresses or hit a the bench in favor of a Heild or Lavine

This is a very stupid organization and there is no amount of front office change that will help them. They should give Miller a contract and let him play the players he should be playing. You can’t blame Miller for not playing the young players because the Knicks have failed them. Now what I don’t understand is why Dotson isn’t playing he is their best shooter.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/14/2020  11:28 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:Julius Randle at 24 yrs old who is putting up 19-9-3 was signed for a 2 yr deal with a 3rd yr TO. While he has been okay for us and somewhat of a disappointment. This was still a solid value signing. Only cap was used and was worth the shot given the Knicks situation. Now imagine we gave up the Dallas picks for Randle or something.

Yes.

I don't like Randle as a player but I've come to understand what he can do and what may be fixable. Horrible 3pt shooter but that is fixable and if he shot similar to last year, not ugly. Knicks need a more ball dominant PG and a player that is better than Randle, feel like those 2 things would limit his usage (which is very necessary) and right-set that dynamic. Just pure stupidity on Fiz's part to put the ball in his hands. Randle also should be able to limit TO's and get a better handle in certain situations. He also needs to pick up intensity on D, it's flat out not there.

At $18M, not too bad. Could be better.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
2/14/2020  11:31 AM
Neither of those guys are worth RJ. So unless we moved RJ to SF, trading for one of these guys does not make sense at this point. We just need to focus on hopefully getting a good PG in the draft, and continue to build the team slowly through the draft and smart FA signing. RJ and Mitch are two players that play defense and contribute on offense at a level to believe they can be part of a championship team after a couple more years of development. I am only so-so on Randle, but if we get a strong SF and PG, Randle could be good enough to be part of a championship team. We have to solve our PG problem, and then we need to figure out if Know or Iggy have what it takes to be a starting SF. I think we go through one more year of "rebuilding" and then try to sign Gannis or another bigtime FA in the summer of 2021. By then, we should hopefully be 1 or 2 players away from being a contender if Micth and RJ continue to develop as expected and we can solve our PG issue this summer.
Trust the Process
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/14/2020  11:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2020  1:23 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

the bold. Nuff said!

I'd say yes to Lavine and no to Hield based on salary and ages. Zach is 24 and Buddy is already 27. Lavine is really good offensively and is getting better. I could see him being the second best scorer on a title team. I know Zach hasn't been on winning teams, but you can't help the teams you are drafted or traded too.

I've read over and over and over again how Lavine is a super low IQ player, and every time I've watch that seems to play out. I'd pass on him over and over and over again

And lazy AF.

Levine's game is ascending and he has improved every year he has been in the league...He also battled back from an injury...You don't reach the level he has reached by being Lazy AF!!!

newyorknewyork
2/14/2020  12:42 PM
Figured I would put this here. May have to rethink my stance

jazz74
Member: #371
2/14/2020  1:02 PM
not really a fan of either one of them. rather save my assets for possible bigger fish.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/14/2020  1:42 PM
Are they disgruntled or underperforming to their contracts?
Are they now 2nd and third option type players but paid like ascending 1sts but are not getting their?
They "DeRozen type players", not a bad thing by any stretch. Put them on a team like the warriors when healthy they can win you a chip. Ask them to lead and they are perhaps 3rd tier??
Im not qualified to answer that question, but the answer might lie is what do you give up in trade for that type of player with a not so great contract? I give them a protected to 10th 1st round pick and some cap fodder. No lottery pick, no prospect I love.
OR,
Late 1st pick and Knox. They are moving away from a player. Knicks taking salary back and they are moving forward.
Oh, and of course is this is not enough I throw in the magical pull-out-my-arse 2nd round pick. But for like 2026 or something.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/14/2020  1:49 PM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Julius Randle at 24 yrs old who is putting up 19-9-3 was signed for a 2 yr deal with a 3rd yr TO. While he has been okay for us and somewhat of a disappointment. This was still a solid value signing. Only cap was used and was worth the shot given the Knicks situation. Now imagine we gave up the Dallas picks for Randle or something.

Yes.

I don't like Randle as a player but I've come to understand what he can do and what may be fixable. Horrible 3pt shooter but that is fixable and if he shot similar to last year, not ugly. Knicks need a more ball dominant PG and a player that is better than Randle, feel like those 2 things would limit his usage (which is very necessary) and right-set that dynamic. Just pure stupidity on Fiz's part to put the ball in his hands. Randle also should be able to limit TO's and get a better handle in certain situations. He also needs to pick up intensity on D, it's flat out not there.

At $18M, not too bad. Could be better.

no, not great, but better than THJ or Noah

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
The 2 disgruntled young stars that could ask for trades in the off season buddy heild of kings and zach lavine of bulls.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy