[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Morris to Clippers for Harkless sound imminent
Author Thread
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

2/6/2020  4:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2020  4:37 PM
Right now I hope the Knicks are looking for pick swap deals for one of our expirings to playoff teams. Anything we have the Bucks or 76ers would want?
The Future is Bright!
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/6/2020  4:42 PM
Uptown wrote:Good trade for the most part...when we first signed Morris, the idea of getting a 1st reound pick for a 1 yr rental would have been a great get. We cant let rumored deals on twitter sawy us....we got assets and we are still on track for a rebuild.

Agree, good haul. Perry has shown that he is an able negotiator. Would have been a better idea to promote Perry, and let Rose be GM. Perry has earned the right to stay on. Will be PO'd if an exec with ZERO experience, fires an experienced exec who has been doing a good job in NY.

StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

2/6/2020  4:47 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:Good trade for the most part...when we first signed Morris, the idea of getting a 1st reound pick for a 1 yr rental would have been a great get. We cant let rumored deals on twitter sawy us....we got assets and we are still on track for a rebuild.

Agree, good haul. Perry has shown that he is an able negotiator. Would have been a better idea to promote Perry, and let Rose be GM. Perry has earned the right to stay on. Will be PO'd if an exec with ZERO experience, fires an experienced exec who has been doing a good job in NY.

Agreed. I like Perry. Mills was clueless but Perry at least knows what he is doing
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/6/2020  4:58 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

I agree on the trade. I didn’t think initially that the Knicks got a second round pick. Detroit isn’t very good so that should be a high second.
In regards to Rose, I wish Perry was given the rest of the season even as interim. Not sure why there was a rush. Also, the Knicks keep hiring Presidents that aren’t front office guys. Rose maybe fine but on the surface this appears to be more of the same.
The Knicks do have 6 first round picks over the next three years and they will have cap space again. The franchise is in a good place for a competent exec to take over. I hope Rose proves to be that.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/6/2020  5:13 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I agree on the trade. I didn’t think initially that the Knicks got a second round pick. Detroit isn’t very good so that should be a high second.
In regards to Rose, I wish Perry was given the rest of the season even as interim. Not sure why there was a rush. Also, the Knicks keep hiring Presidents that aren’t front office guys. Rose maybe fine but on the surface this appears to be more of the same.
The Knicks do have 6 first round picks over the next three years and they will have cap space again. The franchise is in a good place for a competent exec to take over. I hope Rose proves to be that.
exactly. Great post. This is the upside. The downside is losing KP was a clear setback and impact talent like that is the hardest to get. I really hope this guy looks to build first and then spend but we will see.

I have hopes for RJ. He looks good. I have hope Frank at least becomes a Marcus Smart type roll player for us. I have hopes Mitch can be a Capella type player. I would like to see more from Knox, Iggy, Trier, Smith Jr and even Wooten. Not seeing those guys would be an indication we have no clue. If the post AS team is a heavy dose of Taj/Randle/Bullock/Elf/Ellington over the guys I mentioned it will be a rough start

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
CrushAlot
USA
2/6/2020  5:23 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

exactly. Great post. This is the upside. The downside is losing KP was a clear setback and impact talent like that is the hardest to get. I really hope this guy looks to build first and then spend but we will see.

I have hopes for RJ. He looks good. I have hope Frank at least becomes a Marcus Smart type roll player for us. I have hopes Mitch can be a Capella type player. I would like to see more from Knox, Iggy, Trier, Smith Jr and even Wooten. Not seeing those guys would be an indication we have no clue. If the post AS team is a heavy dose of Taj/Randle/Bullock/Elf/Ellington over the guys I mentioned it will be a rough start

Begley tweeted the Knicks might buy out Ellington. I woukd think Portis might fall into the buyout candidate group as well.

The

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/6/2020  5:28 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Begley tweeted the Knicks might buy out Ellington. I woukd think Portis might fall into the buyout candidate group as well.

The

that would be great. "these are good vets but its time to let the kids play and see what we got. We wish them well and hope they enjoy their paychecks."
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/6/2020  5:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2020  5:32 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I agree about Perry, but the optics would have been bad. Perry and Mills are linked. Now for Rose...I think he was a bad decision as POBO. I definitely would not want him to hit the ground running as GM. Perry was solid today, given the circumstances. The one thing I appreciated about Mills was that he was a buffer between our impetuous owner. Dolan created this chaos. He left us with a lame duck GM trying to maneuver at the deadline all so he could pay millions to an agent for an essential role in the organization. At the very least, why not have some combination of Perry and Houston steer the boat until the off season?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
JesseDark
Member: #467
2/6/2020  5:36 PM
What I don't understand about the trade is if it's the right to swap 1st round draft picks in 2021 why would do that when our pick is going to be better? Does that me we don;t get any other compensaation than the players?
Bring back dee-fense
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/6/2020  5:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2020  5:48 PM
JesseDark wrote:What I don't understand about the trade is if it's the right to swap 1st round draft picks in 2021 why would do that when our pick is going to be better? Does that me we don;t get any other compensaation than the players?

I'm reading that OKC owns that pick anyway. Something must've been lost in the translation.

My bad. Real GM says Clips still own it. Moot point anyway. It's not like David Robinson is walking through that door next season.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
USA
2/6/2020  5:59 PM
JesseDark wrote:What I don't understand about the trade is if it's the right to swap 1st round draft picks in 2021 why would do that when our pick is going to be better? Does that me we don;t get any other compensaation than the players?

I haven’t seen it verified but there is speculation that the right to swap is for the Dallas pick which would be much better.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/6/2020  7:10 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Which is why I was hoping Perry found a taker for Payton to open up more mins for DSJ and Frank. Hopefully, RJ will get some mins @ the 3 so Zo can get some time at the 2 but I doubt it.

knicks1248
Member: #582
2/6/2020  7:28 PM
The only way this trade is good is if the knicks flip those picks on draft night and get morris back in FA.

I just can't believe we have done the exact same thing 5 season in a row and the results have been the exact same..HORRIBLE and you do it again a 6th time.

Putting your young guys through another 60 loss season, if frank is here next season, he will be on his 4th coach in 4 seasons, knox is 3rd in 3 seasons

ES
StarksEwing1

2/6/2020  7:30 PM
knicks1248 wrote:The only way this trade is good is if the knicks flip those picks on draft night and get morris back in FA.

I just can't believe we have done the exact same thing 5 season in a row and the results have been the exact same..HORRIBLE and you do it again a 6th time.

Putting your young guys through another 60 loss season, if frank is here next season, he will be on his 4th coach in 4 seasons, knox is 3rd in 3 seasons

you say the same thing every time. The majority of us think we got a pretty good haul for a rental especially one we can resign this summer
Welpee
Member: #6239

2/6/2020  7:40 PM

Couple injuries and you never know. Nobody expected the Spurs to drop from 59 to 20 wins before they drafted Duncan.
StarksEwing1

2/6/2020  7:42 PM
Welpee wrote:

Couple injuries and you never know. Nobody expected the Spurs to drop from 59 to 20 wins before they drafted Duncan.
True. Plus with the new lottery news you can move from the teens to the top like we saw last year
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/6/2020  8:49 PM
Crybabies gonna cry. I'm not in denial but I see first round picks, a few young assets, and cap flexibility going forward. Anyone who has followed this team for the past 20 years should understand this is different.
Sambakick
Member: #5646

2/6/2020  8:57 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Crybabies gonna cry. I'm not in denial but I see first round picks, a few young assets, and cap flexibility going forward. Anyone who has followed this team for the past 20 years should understand this is different.

Yup. We're doing our own version of the "Process" where you need lots of picks in a 5-6 year span and hope one or two stick. Of our last three drafts it looks like we have at least one keeper in RJ. Need to find one or two more blue-chippers.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
RSparrow2
Member: #6473

2/6/2020  9:37 PM
Sambakick wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:Crybabies gonna cry. I'm not in denial but I see first-round picks, a few young assets, and cap flexibility going forward. Anyone who has followed this team for the past 20 years should understand this is different.

Yup. We're doing our own version of the "Process" where you need lots of picks in a 5-6 year span and hope one or two stick. Of our last three drafts, it looks like we have at least one keeper in RJ. Need to find one or two more blue-chippers.

I agree, Knox has to step up as well as Robinson! This is a much different plan than we have tried before, it just requires a few years of patience .... it's not like we've had dynasties the past 30 years doing it the quick rebuild way ...

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
2/7/2020  9:38 AM
Sambakick wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:Crybabies gonna cry. I'm not in denial but I see first round picks, a few young assets, and cap flexibility going forward. Anyone who has followed this team for the past 20 years should understand this is different.

Yup. We're doing our own version of the "Process" where you need lots of picks in a 5-6 year span and hope one or two stick. Of our last three drafts it looks like we have at least one keeper in RJ. Need to find one or two more blue-chippers.

This trade deadline went pretty much as expected. The one player on an expiring contract developed a value for a contender and resulted in the Knicks obtaining another first and a couple other assets (overseas stash, draft swap). Other guys are developing but have team options for next year (Elf, Bullock). I wonder if Robinson moves back to the SL with Barret returning and trade showcase season over.

This is the Randle.
Morris to Clippers for Harkless sound imminent

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy