1/30/2020  2:22 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/30/2020  2:33 PM
martin wrote:

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
1/30/2020  2:38 PM
martin wrote:

That’s way too confusing for the average viewer- madness!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/30/2020  2:50 PM
Not sure Why, but I like it!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/30/2020  3:00 PM
Nalod wrote:Not sure Why, but I like it!

Same but I still won’t watch

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Sambakick
Member: #5646

1/30/2020  10:36 PM
I love it.

AND if they want to change the overtime rules, in ALL GAMES, so that it's first team to score 8 points I would be all for it.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/31/2020  12:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2020  12:04 AM
I do not know if this is less or more boring.
It will be much more exiting if NBA All-stars will play against Globetrotters...
And then they will have gigantic cake fight with fans participation!!!
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
JesseDark
Member: #467
1/31/2020  1:35 AM
I like the idea of the last quarter going to set score. Reminds me of playing to 21 in the streets
Bring back dee-fense
Sambakick

1/31/2020  10:57 AM
It *should* be a more competitive game since every quarter is a mini-game.
So if every quarter is close, the two sides will be close or ties going into the 4th.
Then it's a game of 24 for the leading team.

Reminds me of playing to 21 in the streets
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/31/2020  4:26 PM
everything with the NBA all star weekend is boring as hell, with the possible exception of the 3 pt contest
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/31/2020  5:22 PM
I probably wouldn't watch anyway but now there is no chance.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
USA
2/1/2020  11:18 PM
I might tune in BECAUSE of it. Just an interesting concept to the game I love. I’d like to see how it plays out.
But..........THe Kobe t thing is getting cooked. Change the logo petition 3mm signatures in 5 days after his death. Disrespectful to change it for Jerry West. I get the emotion. I would find another way to honor Kobe though. A retired player dying at his age is awful. But his honors are as a player, not as a tragic death. MY point is there are other ways. Name an award after him.
ON a street corner on an empty lot a dude was selling KOBE RIP T shirts. this is in a NON nba city. IN Charlotte they were selling T’s on the street after the Hornets Knicks game. People are buying up Kobe Memorabila. I’m seeing Teens wearing them. They don’t KOBE, just. That its socially cool.

MLB doesn’t get shyt right often but after THurman Munson Died they decided on the 5 year rule. The emotion to put Munson in the HOF was tremendous at the time. I did not like it at the time but it really was a good idea. Kobe will be honored as he should be as a 5 time champ and we’ll forget all the other stuff in time. Just give it time. His career should stand on its own. His legacy does not need the emotion of his death to elevate it. It stands tall enough. Mourn a man with so much life ahead of him died early. His basketball days were already past him. His legacy set in stone. I hope the league is patient. Its not disrespect to Kobe. Its in respect to the game and all the other players.

Sambakick

2/1/2020  11:25 PM
Nalod wrote:I might tune in BECAUSE of it. Just an interesting concept to the game I love. I’d like to see how it plays out.
But..........THe Kobe t thing is getting cooked. Change the logo petition 3mm signatures in 5 days after his death. Disrespectful to change it for Jerry West. I get the emotion. I would find another way to honor Kobe though. A retired player dying at his age is awful. But his honors are as a player, not as a tragic death. MY point is there are other ways. Name an award after him.
ON a street corner on an empty lot a dude was selling KOBE RIP T shirts. this is in a NON nba city. IN Charlotte they were selling T’s on the street after the Hornets Knicks game. People are buying up Kobe Memorabila. I’m seeing Teens wearing them. They don’t KOBE, just. That its socially cool.

MLB doesn’t get shyt right often but after THurman Munson Died they decided on the 5 year rule. The emotion to put Munson in the HOF was tremendous at the time. I did not like it at the time but it really was a good idea. Kobe will be honored as he should be as a 5 time champ and we’ll forget all the other stuff in time. Just give it time. His career should stand on its own. His legacy does not need the emotion of his death to elevate it. It stands tall enough. Mourn a man with so much life ahead of him died early. His basketball days were already past him. His legacy set in stone. I hope the league is patient. Its not disrespect to Kobe. Its in respect to the game and all the other players.

How the HOF will handle it this year? Kobe Garnett and Pierce were supposed to be enshrined. Now Garnett and Pierce's day will be overshadowed. Is it a problem? Not really. But if they decided to do a separate day for Kobe i wouldn't be mad.

Nalod
USA
2/2/2020  10:25 AM
Sambakick wrote:
Nalod wrote:I might tune in BECAUSE of it. Just an interesting concept to the game I love. I’d like to see how it plays out.

How the HOF will handle it this year? Kobe Garnett and Pierce were supposed to be enshrined. Now Garnett and Pierce's day will be overshadowed. Is it a problem? Not really. But if they decided to do a separate day for Kobe i wouldn't be mad.

Interesting point and I would agree. They did a memorial service for David Stern at Radio City. Perhaps this can be done prior to the HOF induction? Should be done in LA of course. Might take some of the steam out for those that need to grieve and not take away from others.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/2/2020  7:03 PM
Nalod wrote:
Sambakick wrote:

Interesting point and I would agree. They did a memorial service for David Stern at Radio City. Perhaps this can be done prior to the HOF induction? Should be done in LA of course. Might take some of the steam out for those that need to grieve and not take away from others.

They should have a special ceremony and move it up, maybe at the start of the playoffs. There is no right answer and nothing can be done to mitigate the loss. Kobe is one of the all-time greats. But perhaps this will return some normalcy to the regular induction ceremony.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Sambakick

2/16/2020  10:54 PM
I like the format a lot with no clock in the 4th and a target score to meet.
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
2/16/2020  11:03 PM
i like it so far
wargames
Member: #6053

2/16/2020  11:05 PM
Man Basketball is just getting weirder and weirder

Just name the All Star MVP award after Kobe!!!

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Sambakick

2/16/2020  11:22 PM
It is.
Sambakick

2/16/2020  11:23 PM
How can you not like this competition.
New All-Star format this year

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy