[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Yes it’s early but here’s the 2020 NBA draft thread.
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/16/2020  2:56 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:Cole Anthony is far more talented than he is showing at this time....This is the least talented UNC team I've ever seen and I've been watching CBB for over 30 yrs. They don't have any shooters to space the floor, and nobody other than Anthony can create any offense. Also, he's just getting back from an injury. When I watch college athletes and and over seas prospects play, I'm watching and projecting how their games will translate in the NBA.

When its all said and done, Anthony may turn out to be the best pg in this draft. He has all the tools.

He can score from all 3 levels on the floor...He is an explosive athlete, has good vision, and there is a toughness about him that I like. Been reading that he is a leader on the court who is constantly talking to his teammates. Outside of a consistent jumper (again, the same weakness as all of the pg's in the draft), he size is a slight concern. We are in a era of the big pg's for the most part and he only stands 6'2-6'3. Could hurt him on the defensive end against stronger bigger guards.

Tre Jones is an NBA pg...Good battle between the 2....

I like that Cole gets after it on defense and constantly pushes the ball. I'm still not sure he is a "PG." He still doesn't consistently make those reads. But I could definitely see him sharing a backcourt with RJ. Plus, it be nice to draft a homegrown player. Don't think he's shown he is a top 5 player in the draft, but who knows what will happen after workouts?

LaMelo ball looks like an elite passer, I know it’s just highlights but he looks awesome in them. how does he compare to Cole? Which would be a better next to RJ?

LaMelo easily has the highest upside, but Cole has a higher floor. Cole plays better defense and has jumper that's easier to project being NBA ready.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/16/2020  2:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2020  3:00 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:Cole Anthony is far more talented than he is showing at this time....This is the least talented UNC team I've ever seen and I've been watching CBB for over 30 yrs. They don't have any shooters to space the floor, and nobody other than Anthony can create any offense. Also, he's just getting back from an injury. When I watch college athletes and and over seas prospects play, I'm watching and projecting how their games will translate in the NBA.

When its all said and done, Anthony may turn out to be the best pg in this draft. He has all the tools.

He can score from all 3 levels on the floor...He is an explosive athlete, has good vision, and there is a toughness about him that I like. Been reading that he is a leader on the court who is constantly talking to his teammates. Outside of a consistent jumper (again, the same weakness as all of the pg's in the draft), he size is a slight concern. We are in a era of the big pg's for the most part and he only stands 6'2-6'3. Could hurt him on the defensive end against stronger bigger guards.

I like that Cole gets after it on defense and constantly pushes the ball. I'm still not sure he is a "PG." He still doesn't consistently make those reads. But I could definitely see him sharing a backcourt with RJ. Plus, it be nice to draft a homegrown player. Don't think he's shown he is a top 5 player in the draft, but who knows what will happen after workouts?

LaMelo ball looks like an elite passer, I know it’s just highlights but he looks awesome in them. how does he compare to Cole? Which would be a better next to RJ?

When you compare all the top pg prospects none of them are truly great at anything except for Ball. He is an outstanding passer and will be one of the best passers in the league as soon as he steps foot in an NBA arena. Love his size as well, as he fits in with the modern day NBA player. In todays NBA you need playmakers, and he is probably the best playmaker in the draft.

Ball will flourish in the open court which is where RJ can/will thrive because his game is down hill and he goes to the cup very strong. Despite how some feel about his dad, Ball and Lonzo for that matter have a since of maturity and level-headedness about them. If Ball is on the board when we pick, it will be tough to pass him up.

Uptown

2/16/2020  3:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2020  3:06 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

LaMelo easily has the highest upside, but Cole has a higher floor. Cole plays better defense and has jumper that's easier to project being NBA ready.

Can't really disagree with anything you said....Ball's playmaking ability and his size is intriguing. His defense is a concern. Cole is a better shooter, no question and has a toughness about him that I love. I think he can flourish in NY as he is from here....If both are on the board when we pick, it will be a very difficult decision. With the right coach, right atmosphere and right teammates, Ball can turn out to be the top prospect down the road.

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/16/2020  3:06 PM
Uptown wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

When you compare all the top pg prospects none of them are truly great at anything except for Ball. He is an outstanding passer and will be one of the best passers in the league as soon as he steps foot in an NBA arena. Love his size as well, as he fits in with the modern day NBA player. In todays NBA you need playmakers, and he is probably the best playmaker in the draft.

Ball will flourish in the open court which is where RJ can/will thrive because his game is down hill and he goes to the cup very strong. Despite how some feel about his dad, Ball and Lonzo for that matter have a since of maturity and level-headedness about them. If Ball is on the board when we pick, it will be tough to pass him up.

Knowing our luck, I know we won’t be in a position to pick him, but I agree with your point- he’s the only pg option that is truly great at something and has a lot of upside. The thing that puts me off Cole is he kind of reminds my of Coby White, who hasn’t ha lot of success yet with the bulls.

I don’t worry about LaMelo’s dad as he kept out the way in LA as he said he would, same with the pelicans.

Uptown

2/16/2020  3:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2020  3:11 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Uptown wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Knowing our luck, I know we won’t be in a position to pick him, but I agree with your point- he’s the only pg option that is truly great at something and has a lot of upside. The thing that puts me off Cole is he kind of reminds my of Coby White, who hasn’t ha lot of success yet with the bulls.

I don’t worry about LaMelo’s dad as he kept out the way in LA as he said he would, same with the pelicans.

We desperately need a franchise changer, not saying Ball is one, but he's probably the closest one in this draft....I hear you on Cole, but imo, he is better than Coby White. He's more explosive and is a better floor general. When I've watched White, he seems content to just launch 3's....

smackeddog
2/16/2020  3:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2020  3:37 PM
I think the Twolves will target Tyrese Haliburton, would be a nice fit next to D-lo. His tankathon sheet is ridiculous (compare it to all the other pg options)

http://www.tankathon.com/players/tyrese-haliburton

Uptown

2/16/2020  3:53 PM
smackeddog wrote:I think the Twolves will target Tyrese Haliburton, would be a nice fit next to D-lo. His tankathon sheet is ridiculous (compare it to all the other pg options)

http://www.tankathon.com/players/tyrese-haliburton

Love his game...Great facilitator and vision, great size for pg, low turnovers, high level understanding of the game and seems to be a good stand still shooter. Two things concern me about him.

1. He doesn't shoot much, but when he does, most of them are 3's.
2. He doesn't get to the line much.

Would like to see him get to the basket more in the half court. Don't really see him breaking his man down off the dribble and getting to the hole. Haven't seen much of a floater or tear drop, that inbetween game. Maybe he does, I just haven't really seen it yet. He is a really good prospect, definitely top 7. He will flourish if surrounded by shooters and teams that are in constant motion because he will find you. He's the type of player the Spurs would snatch while nobody else was paying attention....

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/16/2020  5:07 PM
Cole Anthony shoots 35% from the field overall and 31% from 3. He’s not a good shooter. Lol
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Allanfan20
USA
2/16/2020  5:11 PM
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/cole-anthony-1/gamelog/2020/

Look at those stats. Lol. Before and after his injury. We thought RJ struggled from the floor.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/16/2020  5:12 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:Cole Anthony shoots 35% from the field overall and 31% from 3. He’s not a good shooter. Lol

He's Mark Price compared to Lamelo Ball.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
2/16/2020  5:58 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:Cole Anthony shoots 35% from the field overall and 31% from 3. He’s not a good shooter. Lol

It seems all the top 10 draft prospects have those same stats this year, lol

Allanfan20
USA
2/16/2020  6:25 PM
smackeddog wrote:

It seems all the top 10 draft prospects have those same stats this year, lol

He’s less talented but I keep wondering about Tre Jones every time I look at these top prospects efficiency numbers. His aren’t spectacular but at least he seems a lot more reliable and he knows Barrett. If he fell down to the Clippers pick I would take him.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

2/17/2020  12:17 PM
My issue with Lamelo as with many of the top prospects is his tdefense and shooting #s. He has potential in both but his fundamentals are all over the place. If you draft him, then he simply can't share a backcourt with RJ until their D improves.
https://www.thestepien.com/2020/01/23/lamelo-ball-scouting-report-2/
The Future is Bright!
Uptown

2/17/2020  7:02 PM
UNC vs Notre Dame tonite @ 7 on ESPN. Cole Anthony watch....
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/17/2020  7:05 PM
[https://twitter.com/illawarrahawks/status/1228984625407463424?s=21[/Tweet]
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/17/2020  7:48 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
PURE KNICKS LOVE
smackeddog
2/18/2020  3:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/18/2020  4:05 AM

I know we need a PG, but I hope we do check Onyeka Okongwu out. Not the best fit, but looks very talented. I think the Warriors might go for him.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/18/2020  8:27 AM
Cole Anthony wearing that head band right over his eyes, how can it not affect his vision in some capacity.
smackeddog
2/18/2020  11:27 AM
Issac Okoro has shot up espn’s mock, to number 3, anyone have any opinions on him?

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/18/2020  1:02 PM
smackeddog wrote:

I know we need a PG, but I hope we do check Onyeka Okongwu out. Not the best fit, but looks very talented. I think the Warriors might go for him.

yes! I was about to say instead of obsessing over a large but not very good PG class maybe we just take the BPA like that kid from USC, although Okoro looks nice also
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Yes it’s early but here’s the 2020 NBA draft thread.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy