[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Yes it’s early but here’s the 2020 NBA draft thread.
Author Thread
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

2/3/2020  9:35 PM
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:Yeah Cole is **** 5-20 against florida state.

Ouch

UNC as a team just arn't very functional or talented for that matter. Should have had maybe 7 or 8 assists and it should be noted that he played almost the whole game. However, his shot just wasn't there and he couldn't get to the rim the whole game which is concerning.
The Future is Bright!
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/3/2020  10:21 PM
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:Yeah Cole is **** 5-20 against florida state.

Ouch

UNC as a team just arn't very functional or talented for that matter. Should have had maybe 7 or 8 assists and it should be noted that he played almost the whole game. However, his shot just wasn't there and he couldn't get to the rim the whole game which is concerning.

Couldn’t get to the rim cause defense was packing it in (other UNC players not good enough to guard)?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/3/2020  10:22 PM
Can we send him to the GLeague or trade him yet?
TPercy

2/12/2020  10:35 AM
Anthony Edwards:
32 pts(6-9 3pt) 6 rebs 1 ast vs Florida(L)
14 pts(0-6 3pt, 5-17 FG) 12 rebs 4 ast vs Alabama(OT L)

Tyrese Haliburton:
14 pts 5 reb 5 ast vs Texas(L)
12 pts 5 rebs 5 asts 5 steals vs WVU(L)
9 pts 4 rebs 3 ast vs Kansas State(W)

Cole Anthony:
24 pts 11 rebs 4 asts vs Duke (OT L)
15 pts(5-19 FG) 6 rebs 4 ast vs WF (L)
Shooting 38% FG for season. Horrific.

Killian Hayes
20 pts 10 ast vs some team in German League

The Future is Bright!
TPercy

2/12/2020  10:39 AM

I'm starting to hop on the Hayes train. Better offensive player.

The Future is Bright!
martin
USA
2/14/2020  11:50 AM
More analysis then I can read through: Tyrese Haliburton Scouting Report

https://www.thestepien.com/2020/02/14/tyrese-haliburton-scouting-report/

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/16/2020  10:56 AM
https://www.amestrib.com/sports/20200210/iowa-state-mens-basketball-tyrese-haliburton-out-for-season

The sophomore will miss the remainder of the season due to a broken wrist, the school announced Monday.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
2/16/2020  11:10 AM
(Point guard Porzingis) - Arturs Zagars from Latvia

I like the kids craftiness. Knicks #33 pick?

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/16/2020  12:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2020  12:47 PM
martin wrote:More analysis then I can read through: Tyrese Haliburton Scouting Report

https://www.thestepien.com/2020/02/14/tyrese-haliburton-scouting-report/

I like Haliburton...Great size for a pg, great vision and has the potential to be a really good defender. From what I've seen of him, he won't be much of an offensive threat on a nightly basis. He will be a better offensive threat than Frank, but that's not saying a lot. I wouldn't mind drafting him but it really depends on where we land.

Uptown

2/16/2020  12:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2020  12:48 PM
To be a top pg in the NBA, you have to be able to score at all 3 levels:

3pt shot
Finishing at the rim
floater/tear-drop from about 10 feet away

Hayes can score from all three levels, though he needs to improve from the 3 but what pg in this draft doesn't? He has great size and what I like most is that he is already playing in an NBA styled offensive system. He really understands how to run the PNR....

martin
USA
2/16/2020  12:44 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:(Point guard Porzingis) - Arturs Zagars from Latvia

Knicks will be known to have the deepest Euro stash of PGs

martin
USA
2/16/2020  12:45 PM
Uptown wrote:To be a top pg in the NBA, you have to be able to score at all 3 levels:

3pt shot
Finishing at the rim
floater/tear-drop form about 10 feet away.....Hayes can score from all three levels, though he needs to improve from the 3 but what pg in this draft doesn't? He has great size and what I like most is that he is already playing in an NBA styled offensive system. He really understands how to run the PNR....

Been keeping an eye on him more and more. Doesn't have break down speed as far as I can tell. Good Strength and size.

Uptown

2/16/2020  12:50 PM
martin wrote:
Uptown wrote:To be a top pg in the NBA, you have to be able to score at all 3 levels:

3pt shot
Finishing at the rim
floater/tear-drop form about 10 feet away.....Hayes can score from all three levels, though he needs to improve from the 3 but what pg in this draft doesn't? He has great size and what I like most is that he is already playing in an NBA styled offensive system. He really understands how to run the PNR....

Been keeping an eye on him more and more. Doesn't have break down speed as far as I can tell. Good Strength and size.

He is not an explosive athlete...you are right about that...Plays at his own pace, knows how to keep a defender on his hip, and uses hesitations to keep defenders off balance. Reminds me D'Angelo Russell in that regard.

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/16/2020  1:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2020  2:48 PM
Just realized the twolves have the nets pick as well as their own, (at the moment it's a lot earlier than our clips pick), so they're in good position to trade up if they want to- hopefully the fact they've got D-Lo means they won't want a PG
Uptown

2/16/2020  2:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2020  2:49 PM
Cole Anthony is far more talented than he is showing at this time....This is the least talented UNC team I've ever seen and I've been watching CBB for over 30 yrs. They don't have any shooters to space the floor, and nobody other than Anthony can create any offense. Also, he's just getting back from an injury. When I watch college athletes and and over seas prospects play, I'm watching and projecting how their games will translate in the NBA.

When its all said and done, Anthony may turn out to be the best pg in this draft. He has all the tools.

He can score from all 3 levels on the floor...He is an explosive athlete, has good vision, and there is a toughness about him that I like. Been reading that he is a leader on the court who is constantly talking to his teammates. Outside of a consistent jumper (again, the same weakness as all of the pg's in the draft), he size is a slight concern. Turnovers is a concern too. We are in a era of the big pg's for the most part and he only stands 6'2-6'3. Could hurt him on the defensive end against stronger bigger guards.

Tre Jones is an NBA pg...Good battle between the 2....

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/16/2020  2:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2020  2:32 PM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:(Point guard Porzingis) - Arturs Zagars from Latvia

Knicks will be known to have the deepest Euro stash of PGs

Wish we still had the draft rights to this guy lol We didn't need him as a point guard, but now we might be able to bring him over as a coach.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo%C5%A1_Vujani%C4%87
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
newyorknewyork
2/16/2020  2:40 PM
smackeddog wrote:Just realized the twolves have the nets pick as well as their own, (at the moment it's a lot earlier than ours), so they're in good position to trade up if they want to- hopefully the fact they've got D-Lo means they won't want a PG

They will want win now pieces. They will probably go after the Bookers, Hields, Derozans, best available wings & forwards trade.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/16/2020  2:43 PM
Uptown wrote:Cole Anthony is far more talented than he is showing at this time....This is the least talented UNC team I've ever seen and I've been watching CBB for over 30 yrs. They don't have any shooters to space the floor, and nobody other than Anthony can create any offense. Also, he's just getting back from an injury. When I watch college athletes and and over seas prospects play, I'm watching and projecting how their games will translate in the NBA.

When its all said and done, Anthony may turn out to be the best pg in this draft. He has all the tools.

He can score from all 3 levels on the floor...He is an explosive athlete, has good vision, and there is a toughness about him that I like. Been reading that he is a leader on the court who is constantly talking to his teammates. Outside of a consistent jumper (again, the same weakness as all of the pg's in the draft), he size is a slight concern. We are in a era of the big pg's for the most part and he only stands 6'2-6'3. Could hurt him on the defensive end against stronger bigger guards.

I like that Cole gets after it on defense and constantly pushes the ball. I'm still not sure he is a "PG." He still doesn't consistently make those reads. But I could definitely see him sharing a backcourt with RJ. Plus, it be nice to draft a homegrown player. Don't think he's shown he is a top 5 player in the draft, but who knows what will happen after workouts?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/16/2020  2:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2020  3:02 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:Cole Anthony is far more talented than he is showing at this time....This is the least talented UNC team I've ever seen and I've been watching CBB for over 30 yrs. They don't have any shooters to space the floor, and nobody other than Anthony can create any offense. Also, he's just getting back from an injury. When I watch college athletes and and over seas prospects play, I'm watching and projecting how their games will translate in the NBA.

He can score from all 3 levels on the floor...He is an explosive athlete, has good vision, and there is a toughness about him that I like. Been reading that he is a leader on the court who is constantly talking to his teammates. Outside of a consistent jumper (again, the same weakness as all of the pg's in the draft), he size is a slight concern. We are in a era of the big pg's for the most part and he only stands 6'2-6'3. Could hurt him on the defensive end against stronger bigger guards.

I like that Cole gets after it on defense and constantly pushes the ball. I'm still not sure he is a "PG." He still doesn't consistently make those reads. But I could definitely see him sharing a backcourt with RJ. Plus, it be nice to draft a homegrown player. Don't think he's shown he is a top 5 player in the draft, but who knows what will happen after workouts?

LaMelo ball looks like an elite passer, I know it’s just highlights but he looks awesome in them. how does he compare to Cole? Which would be a better next to RJ?

Uptown

2/16/2020  2:55 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

He's a modern day lead guard in the molds of Lillard, Rose, Kemba, etc. Not saying he will be as good as those guys, but he is a scoring lead guard. He is also a better shooter than he has shown thus far...Needs to clean up shot selection, but again, I wonder how much of that has to do with his teammates. He has shown flashes of being the best pg in the draft at times but it's been a weird season for him. Agreed that workouts will allow some NBA scouts and front offices to separate some of these prospects.

Yes it’s early but here’s the 2020 NBA draft thread.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy