[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Yes it’s early but here’s the 2020 NBA draft thread.
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/31/2020  1:55 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/2020-nba-mock-draft-georgias-anthony-edwards-goes-no-1-followed-by-james-wiseman-and-lamelo-ball/

I'm still on board the Tyrese Haliburton, but I fear our scouts tend to prefer players like Cole

3) LaMelo Ball:

Ball has gone from Lonzo's little brother to a legitimate high-level prospect in the span of just a few years thanks a unique combination of size, ball-handling ability and vision. Like Edwards, he's a great talent who hasn't shot consistently well from the perimeter. But he's elite at enough other things to go in the top three of this draft.

5) Cole Anthony

The biggest reason North Carolina is about to miss the NCAA Tournament is tied to Anthony's in-season knee surgery. The Tar Heels were 6-3 with a win over Oregon with Anthony in the lineup; they're 4-7 without him because, when they lost his 19.1 points, 6.3 rebounds and 3.6 assists, they lost a lot and didn't have the necessary pieces to hold things together. Anthony has said for weeks that he intends to return to UNC's lineup this season. Assuming he does, NBA scouts will be anxious to get additional looks at him.

6) Tyrese Haliburton

Halburton, like Toppin, is an example of a mostly unheralded high school prospect who has become a statistical monster in college. He's averaging 15.8 points, 6.9 assists and 6.1 rebounds in 37 minutes per game while shooting 49.5% from the field and 40% from the 3-point line. So he's a guard with size who consistently makes shots. Every team needs those.

8) Killian Hayes

Hayes is an American-born combo guard who was raised in France and is currently playing professionally in Germany. He shared Most Valuable Player honors in the 2017 Jordan Brand Classic international game and is averaging 12.8 points and 6.2 assists in 26.8 minutes per game this season while shooting 39.0% from 3-point range and 90.9% from the free-throw line. Combine all that with a high basketball IQ, and what you get is a lottery pick.

12) Nico Mannion

Mannion hasn't shot it terrificly this season — and his Wildcats have fallen out of the national rankings because of a 10-game stretch in which they went 4-6 with losses to St. John's, Oregon State and Arizona State. That's rough. But he's still a lottery talent, I think, based on his vision, ability to run an offense and pass. He's averaging 5.8 assists in 30.5 minutes per game.

Been trying to follow the 2020 draft and have been keeping an eye on Killian Hayes as well as Tyrese. Seems like Killian is climbing and scouts are liking his game more and more.

Killian's game kind of reminds me D'Angelo Russell. Not very quick, but slick with the ball and able to use his size to get his shot off quickly. I guess the question is how pure of a shot does he has. Scouts described him as streaky, but his three point average has jumped up to 39% this year. That's like a 100% jump in efficiency from last season.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG

1/31/2020  1:57 PM
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:I feel like a lot of these guys are coming into the league too early. Guys like Nico, Edwards, Anthony, and Melo could really use another year to mature.

Add Frank, DSJr, Mitch, Knox to that list. For perspective, Cole Anthony is OLDER than RJ and just about 8 months younger than Knox.

What NBA and teams need is a better Gleague system that perhaps guarantees another year of a first round player contract IF they are designated for a full year or X amount of days or something

More use of the Gleague should be used for sure because what I'm noticing is that either these guys don't have a great feel for the game, or their bball IQ are extremely questionable.

DSJ, Cole, and Edwards are all very capable passers who could get 6-8 ast with ease but they don't know when to pass. They switch from passing to scoring mode rather than letting the game come to them like a Ja Morant.

Frank, Knox, and Nico are too damn robotic.

Melo and Edwards are exceptional talents but have the shot selection of a 16 year old playing AAU.

All these problems come with playing more games as the focal points of their college teams to prepare them for the next level.

I wouldn't call Nico robotic in terms of his feel for the game. He seems to have an instinctual knack for knowing when to pass and when to score. I'm more worried about him being soft and not being able to finish well in the paint.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/31/2020  2:05 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
Been trying to follow the 2020 draft and have been keeping an eye on Killian Hayes as well as Tyrese. Seems like Killian is climbing and scouts are liking his game more and more.

Killian's game kind of reminds me D'Angelo Russell. Not very quick, but slick with the ball and able to use his size to get his shot off quickly. I guess the question is how pure of a shot does he has. Scouts described him as streaky, but his three point average has jumped up to 39% this year. That's like a 100% jump in efficiency from last season.

Yeah, Knicks absolutely need a player who can break down a defense at will and/or get his own shot off or they will struggle long term. Don't know if Killian is that sort of solution, or Tyrese for that matter.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/31/2020  2:11 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

Yeah, Knicks absolutely need a player who can break down a defense at will and/or get his own shot off or they will struggle long term. Don't know if Killian is that sort of solution, or Tyrese for that matter.

I don't think this is necessarily the type of year where we will find a #1. I hope we get Wiseman because I'll take a DeAndre Ayton type of player for sure. I think everyone is focussing on guards because we need guards but really we need as much talent as possible

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BigDaddyG

1/31/2020  3:19 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

I don't think this is necessarily the type of year where we will find a #1. I hope we get Wiseman because I'll take a DeAndre Ayton type of player for sure. I think everyone is focussing on guards because we need guards but really we need as much talent as possible

Wiseman is no DeAndre Ayton. Not quite as athletic and doesn't have his touch or ballhandling. I have no problem taking him if he's the best player on board, but he didn't show me that type of talent in the few games he played. I was a little disappointed with Wiseman's offensive skill. To be fair, there's no telling how he would've developed as the season progressed.

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/1/2020  11:44 PM
Really keeping an eye on Tre Jones if we are outside the top 5. It’s a week draft and he’s climbing up the boards with his improved jumper. If it’s for real than he’s a pretty safe starting PG with his high level passing and defense and size. His jumper is the difference between him being a good backup and a good starter.
BigDaddyG

2/2/2020  12:01 AM
Knixkik wrote:Really keeping an eye on Tre Jones if we are outside the top 5. It’s a week draft and he’s climbing up the boards with his improved jumper. If it’s for real than he’s a pretty safe starting PG with his high level passing and defense and size. His jumper is the difference between him being a good backup and a good starter.

I can't help but think of his brother. I can see Tre playing in the league, but his upside is questionable. I'd consider him in low first or second round.

Knixkik
USA
2/2/2020  7:10 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Really keeping an eye on Tre Jones if we are outside the top 5. It’s a week draft and he’s climbing up the boards with his improved jumper. If it’s for real than he’s a pretty safe starting PG with his high level passing and defense and size. His jumper is the difference between him being a good backup and a good starter.

I can't help but think of his brother. I can see Tre playing in the league, but his upside is questionable. I'd consider him in low first or second round.

I know what you mean but he’s bigger and better than his brother. Tyus is 6’0 and Tre is 6’3. Big difference.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

2/2/2020  11:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/2/2020  11:43 AM
Posting Update here:
Cole Anthony returned to UNC yesterday against BC. Scored 26 pts 5 reb and 3ast coming off the bench(14-14 FT). Right now all I want to see in the remaining UNC games is that he can be a creator for me to be convinced because I like his scoring chops and he has good defensive potential. UNC lost by 1 with Cole airballing the potential game winner.

Anthony Edwards had 29 pts in a 12 pt win against Texas A&M to go along with 15 rebs and 2 asts. It should be noted he was playing the 3. Still want to see more creating from him but nice to see he's showing why hes consensus top 3.

Tyrese Haliburton 14pts and 5 asts in 40 mins last night against Texas in a 4pt loss and had 17 and 3 against Baylor in a blowout loss. I was following the box score last night and I don't think he scored at all in the 2nd half. His shooting numbers were great but I want to see him be more aggresive in taking over the reigns. I'm still high on him, but my worry is that he's the type of player that really does well with better players around him.

Obi Toppin had 18 pts in a blowout win for Dayton against Fordham. His 3pt numbers are now 35% for the season and FT is 72%. I'm warming up to the idea that should we acquire a solid PG in a trade and or trade Randle, you take him. Big thing to look out for is his defense tho I've heard mixed things.

The Future is Bright!
TPercy

2/2/2020  11:44 AM
I'll post the Haliburton and Cole highlights once they become available.
The Future is Bright!
Knixkik
USA
2/2/2020  1:47 PM
I’m down on Edwards. Just seems like an inefficient player similar to Wiggins. Just not a winning player. I love Haliburton though.
BigDaddyG

2/2/2020  3:11 PM
BigDaddyG

2/2/2020  3:15 PM
Knixkik wrote:I’m down on Edwards. Just seems like an inefficient player similar to Wiggins. Just not a winning player. I love Haliburton though.

I think it has more to do with youth and the responsibility Edwards has to shoulder. Edwards has been here point range, he just needs reps. And to be honest, I'm not really that low on Wiggins as a player, just how his play relates to his salary.

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
2/2/2020  6:01 PM
Cole Anthony looks like an off the bench combo guard...
Knixkik
USA
2/2/2020  6:23 PM
jskinny35 wrote:Cole Anthony looks like an off the bench combo guard...

The Jamal Murray comp gets thrown around a ton.

BigDaddyG

2/2/2020  6:54 PM
Knixkik wrote:

I want to say Cole's game reminds more of Gary Harris than Murray's at this point. One thing I do like about Cole is his ability to get in the paint and I think is three will be solid. Still don't know if he is a floor general. Might not matter that much if he's paired with RJ.
TPercy

2/3/2020  10:36 AM
Knixkik wrote:

Just a hell of a lot more inefficient granted small sample of games. He's on tonight against Florida State at 7
The Future is Bright!
TPercy

2/3/2020  7:42 PM
Clear the Cole Anthony competes on both ends of the floor. He dosen't have the best technique but his intensity is very welcoming
The Future is Bright!
TPercy

2/3/2020  9:05 PM
Yeah Cole is **** 5-20 against florida state.
The Future is Bright!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/3/2020  9:28 PM
TPercy wrote:Yeah Cole is **** 5-20 against florida state.

Ouch

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Yes it’s early but here’s the 2020 NBA draft thread.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy