[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Yes it’s early but here’s the 2020 NBA draft thread.
Author Thread
NotInMyHouse
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6433

5/12/2020  1:07 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NotInMyHouse wrote:
wargames wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Some of these passes are ridiculous:

Yeah his skill is amazing

The Kid is such an amazing talent. I do worry about his shot but I don't want to be scared away from him developing a shot because of the lack of shooting in his family.
If we could get some more shooters, then he really makes sense.

It gives me hope that Lonzo increased his three-point shooting each year. He was 38% before the season ended. The thing that is worrisome is that Lonzo already had good shot selection. Lamelo takes shots that no one should even consider unless their names are Steph Curry or Trae Young. He has to shoulder a larger offensive load because of his team's lack of talent. That probably explains some of it.

Yeah, fair point with Lonzo's shot getting better. I think it was good he left LA actually.
And fair again, LeMelo takes a lot of the load on his team and for sure that affects his shot. And I've not seen many PG's (outside of Frank, lol, /jk) who turn down more shots.
Perhaps with a good coach and system, the guy can be something special, even with just an average shot he will be imo. He is very very special at seeing the floor and distributing the rock.
And if he gets a good consistent shot, he can be a better Jason Kidd - that is scary. Players like that don't come around often. I remember when he was old and here, damn was he special!

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
5/12/2020  1:49 PM
NBA draft lottery is in 8 days.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

5/12/2020  4:57 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:NBA draft lottery is in 8 days.

According to the NBA website it is indefinitely postponed.

NotInMyHouse
Member: #6433

5/13/2020  7:01 AM
KnickDanger wrote:

What a bummer. I really enjoyed the NFL Draft this year and was looking forward to the NBA Draft, well, the lotto first - that could have created quite a bit of excitement for the draft.
Any more information on the draft and lotto, anyone?

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
newyorknewyork
5/13/2020  8:23 AM
KnickDanger wrote:

Damn

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/13/2020  9:49 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

Damn

Ha! And originally I thought you were being facetious.

NBA hasn't yet closed doors on season, so I am assuming everything after that is on hold.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
newyorknewyork
5/13/2020  10:53 AM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

Damn

NBA hasn't yet closed doors on season, so I am assuming everything after that is on hold.

You give me to much credit lol.

Haven't been able to keep up with updates honestly with everything going on. Between Corona and the murder of Ahmaud Aubrey...

I google searched when the lottery was going down and May 20th popped up immediatly. Didn't dig deeper, guess you could say got my hopes of for the distraction.

martin
USA
5/13/2020  11:50 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

Damn

You give me to much credit lol.

Haven't been able to keep up with updates honestly with everything going on. Between Corona and the murder of Ahmaud Aubrey...

I google searched when the lottery was going down and May 20th popped up immediatly. Didn't dig deeper, guess you could say got my hopes of for the distraction.

Yeah. I have never really visited or lived in the deep south to understand the culture. The guns, confederate flags, etc. Mind boggling even if I have a peripheral understanding of what is going on

martin
USA
5/13/2020  7:22 PM
mikesknicks
Member: #684
USA
5/13/2020  11:13 PM
I want to move up to get Melo Ball or draft Cole Anthony we fall too far in the top part of the draft and get a big with the second 1st and best available player in the 2nd round.
In the Knick of time. Knickal for Your thoughts.
ankurk
Member: #6075

5/14/2020  4:05 PM

I know it isn't a position of need but this guy can create his own shot, bring the ball up, shoot, make some sweet passes and this film is from the second-best league in the world - not the Australian league ball is in.

If we land around 6 get me avdija.
Trade the clippers pick + Knox + whatever else to get a later lottery pick and pickup whatever PG falls. Most mock drafts have cole falling to 8-10 range

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/14/2020  5:08 PM
ankurk wrote:

I know it isn't a position of need but this guy can create his own shot, bring the ball up, shoot, make some sweet passes and this film is from the second-best league in the world - not the Australian league ball is in.

Trade the clippers pick + Knox + whatever else to get a later lottery pick and pickup whatever PG falls. Most mock drafts have cole falling to 8-10 range

His shooting still needs work, but I agree with you. I'd be happy with him at 6. I see him filling out and becoming a perimeter 4 in the future. I'd be fine with Cole too.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/15/2020  10:21 PM
Spencer Pearlman was really talking up this guy on the Film School pod. The highest I have seen him mocked is 15. Some really good video clips on him in this article.
https://www.thestepien.com/2019/05/06/2020-international-guide-curious-case-aleksej-pokusevski/
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/16/2020  11:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/16/2020  2:00 PM
I do hope he gets suspended- trying to lure fans into what could be seen as dodgy money scamming schemes:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/spencer-dinwiddie-makes-blatantly-illegal-vow-to-sign-with-team-of-fans-choice-if-they-raise-24-6-million/

Spencer Dinwiddie is at it again. One of the NBA's most creative off-court thinkers, Dinwiddie routinely offers out-of-the-box ideas and has even attempted to convert his contract into a security. The NBA rejected that plan, just as it will surely reject his new one: on Twitter, Dinwiddie promised to allow fans to pick his next team provided they raised the cash value of 2625.8 bitcoins, or $24,632,630. He has since started a GoFundMe campaign to raise the money.

If the money is raised, Dinwiddie says that he would sign a one-year, minimum-salary contract with a team voted on by fans when his current contract expires (which would be in either 2021 or 2022 depending on whether or not he exercises his player option for the 2021-22 season). In a statement released through The Athletic's Shams Charania, Dinwiddie says that he hopes "no owners/team personnel participate so there's no impropriety on this one of a kind endorsement deal." Because NBA teams are a famously law-abiding bunch when it comes to roster-building. That's why nobody ever tampers in professional basketball.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/16/2020  11:50 AM
This really is funny as hell. He is a bit of a thorn in Silver’s side with this antic but the clarity is pretty amazing. Pay a guy in bitcoin or in a Swiss bank account, or a warehouse fully of Columbian Blow, to entice a guy. Does it happen? Maybe when a Max guy walks for less than max? Durant? When Riley got the superfriends to take less than max?
Dinwiddie is pushing it. He’ll likely end up broke one day playing with the wrong people.
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/16/2020  2:02 PM
Meant to post that in the 'around the nba' thread, but that Dinwiddie's got me all riled up, I can't see straight!
wargames
Member: #6053

5/16/2020  2:08 PM
Nalod wrote:This really is funny as hell. He is a bit of a thorn in Silver’s side with this antic but the clarity is pretty amazing. Pay a guy in bitcoin or in a Swiss bank account, or a warehouse fully of Columbian Blow, to entice a guy. Does it happen? Maybe when a Max guy walks for less than max? Durant? When Riley got the superfriends to take less than max?
Dinwiddie is pushing it. He’ll likely end up broke one day playing with the wrong people.

I respect his hustle though. You can see he’s challenging these rules. Plus the timing means if there is a new CBA one way or another a ruling will have to be made if this is allowed.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Knickfury11
Member: #8856
United Kingdom
5/16/2020  3:25 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
ankurk wrote:

His shooting still needs work, but I agree with you. I'd be happy with him at 6. I see him filling out and becoming a perimeter 4 in the future. I'd be fine with Cole too.

I watched a lot of Deni’s games this season so I’m reasonably familiar with him. Euro league games showed frequently in UK. Unfortunately people fall in love with the notion of drafting the next Luka. I see him really struggling at the NBA level. Even average NBA wings will murder him on D. He lacks athleticism and physicality in comparison to his NBA counterparts. He is far to reliant on his dominant hand, the tape flatters his passing ability. The plus is his perimeter offence. Deni’s jumper is wet. But Luka he ain’t.

And if we’re drafting for perimeter offence I’d much rather go Nesmith or Bey any day. I wouldn’t be disappointed with Cole. Far worse PGs in this draft.

Knickfury11
Member: #8856
United Kingdom
5/16/2020  3:27 PM
smackeddog wrote:I do hope he gets suspended- trying to lure fans into what could be seen as dodgy money scamming schemes:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/spencer-dinwiddie-makes-blatantly-illegal-vow-to-sign-with-team-of-fans-choice-if-they-raise-24-6-million/

Spencer Dinwiddie is at it again. One of the NBA's most creative off-court thinkers, Dinwiddie routinely offers out-of-the-box ideas and has even attempted to convert his contract into a security. The NBA rejected that plan, just as it will surely reject his new one: on Twitter, Dinwiddie promised to allow fans to pick his next team provided they raised the cash value of 2625.8 bitcoins, or $24,632,630. He has since started a GoFundMe campaign to raise the money.

If the money is raised, Dinwiddie says that he would sign a one-year, minimum-salary contract with a team voted on by fans when his current contract expires (which would be in either 2021 or 2022 depending on whether or not he exercises his player option for the 2021-22 season). In a statement released through The Athletic's Shams Charania, Dinwiddie says that he hopes "no owners/team personnel participate so there's no impropriety on this one of a kind endorsement deal." Because NBA teams are a famously law-abiding bunch when it comes to roster-building. That's why nobody ever tampers in professional basketball.

Guy’s a snake...

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/16/2020  9:09 PM
wargames wrote:
Nalod wrote:This really is funny as hell. He is a bit of a thorn in Silver’s side with this antic but the clarity is pretty amazing. Pay a guy in bitcoin or in a Swiss bank account, or a warehouse fully of Columbian Blow, to entice a guy. Does it happen? Maybe when a Max guy walks for less than max? Durant? When Riley got the superfriends to take less than max?

I respect his hustle though. You can see he’s challenging these rules. Plus the timing means if there is a new CBA one way or another a ruling will have to be made if this is allowed.

yeah i do too. it’s a crazy world out there. plus people are finding the time to tote major weaponry to their state capitols, post death threats to people they disagree with, gun down people while they’re jogging. and i’m gonna get upset about a guy running a scheme on his contract? i’m supposed to get upset for the threat to the sanctity of the nba hierarchy? somehow i don’t think so...

Yes it’s early but here’s the 2020 NBA draft thread.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy