[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Yes it’s early but here’s the 2020 NBA draft thread.
Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/12/2020  10:46 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:That win tonight sent us from position 4 to position 7

And likely is the last game of the season. Typical Knicks 7th pick seems to have our name on it.

Is tanking even worth it the way the draft is formulated now. Also there is no one really worth the sacrifice of tanking for this draft.

Also feel Knicks will get their choice of the top PG available regardless since majority of the teams in the top end of the lotto have PGs of the future.

This tweet helps explain it:

But all this virus stuff has me not giving a s*** about something so trivial

I get it, but at the same time Barrett dropped 26-5-4-2, Mitch dropped 16-6-2, Frank & Knox combined for 20. 62 combined pts amoung the youngins. That is all nessesary as well.

And there is no Zion in this draft worth tanking for. Our needs at PG aren't shared by majority of these other lotto teams around us other than Detroit, but Detroit needs pretty much everything but PF.

Last season both New Orleans and Memphis had a 6% chance to land the #1 pick to our 14% chance. New Orleans and Memphis had the 7th and 8th best odds to win the lottery last yr.

Not only is there no Zion (possible transcendent player)but it seems there is no separation even amongst position groups (there is no best PG, best SG, best SF, etc...). Every prospect has flaws. This draft has me scared because it is really going to depend heavily on scouting not basketball talent and picking the players with the right mentality.

~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/13/2020  10:39 AM
joec32033 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

And likely is the last game of the season. Typical Knicks 7th pick seems to have our name on it.

Is tanking even worth it the way the draft is formulated now. Also there is no one really worth the sacrifice of tanking for this draft.

Also feel Knicks will get their choice of the top PG available regardless since majority of the teams in the top end of the lotto have PGs of the future.

I get it, but at the same time Barrett dropped 26-5-4-2, Mitch dropped 16-6-2, Frank & Knox combined for 20. 62 combined pts amoung the youngins. That is all nessesary as well.

And there is no Zion in this draft worth tanking for. Our needs at PG aren't shared by majority of these other lotto teams around us other than Detroit, but Detroit needs pretty much everything but PF.

Last season both New Orleans and Memphis had a 6% chance to land the #1 pick to our 14% chance. New Orleans and Memphis had the 7th and 8th best odds to win the lottery last yr.

Not only is there no Zion (possible transcendent player)but it seems there is no separation even amongst position groups (there is no best PG, best SG, best SF, etc...). Every prospect has flaws. This draft has me scared because it is really going to depend heavily on scouting not basketball talent and picking the players with the right mentality.

If they are smart they will trade these picks for future picks or better talent.

If there was a draft that was ever considered a crap shoot, this is it by far.

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/13/2020  11:07 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
joec32033 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

If they are smart they will trade these picks for future picks or better talent.

If there was a draft that was ever considered a crap shoot, this is it by far.

No consideration to what any of that entails. You just define what they should do with no consequence to the result, just that.
Assumption is other teams are not cognizent of this draft, but somehow Knicks1248 is.
"Better talent".........Thank goodness for you. Knicks might have been thinking of trading for lessor talent.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/13/2020  2:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/13/2020  2:05 PM

Draft up top is not bad at all. I understand that new or leans won draft from position 7 but a darn lowly win to Atlanta cost us odds which still means something.
I like wiseman toppin ball— any of the 3 but none will be there at 7-8

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/13/2020  3:28 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Draft up top is not bad at all. I understand that new or leans won draft from position 7 but a darn lowly win to Atlanta cost us odds which still means something.
I like wiseman toppin ball— any of the 3 but none will be there at 7-8

I think Topping will be there and Wiseman will fall just a pick out of that range. Obi has that age stigma and the fact that he played in a weaker conference going against him. Wiseman has shown that he is a center in a mold that went out of style now. His jumper is weak and he makes questionable decisions with the ball. Even his post game probably needs work (I'm comparing it to NBA level post players). He's a good athlete, but nothing really special at the NBA level. Compare footage of him with Ayton, or even Mitch, and you'll see what I mean. Also, the new draft odds make pre-lottery slots kind of moot. We could still jump up.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/13/2020  8:28 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG

3/14/2020  2:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/14/2020  2:33 PM
Kid seems to get it. Just needs experience and reps. I know the basketball gods are sick of hearing from me, going back to Penny and ending with Zion. They gave me Mills and Fiz firings this year, so I don't want to be too greedy. But I humbly ask for one more request so the sacrifice of the rest of the season will not be in vain. In this butt draft, please gift us the #1 pick.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/16/2020  12:18 PM
He straight up said lack of effort and playing hard at the 30ish second mark. That doesn’t concern you in the least?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
USA
3/16/2020  12:26 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:He straight up said lack of effort and playing hard at the 30ish second mark. That doesn’t concern you in the least?

I think many players at this level from High school and then do really well at the next level are in for a rude awakening when they get to the NBA!
They have to reckon with the fact they were physically dominant among HS players and obviously played pick up with older guys but in the NBA the best of the best are there. The toughest of the toughest, and the most physically gifted!!! Westbrook is no only talented, he is physically gifted with a great motor and he is also an arrogant sob and will demoralize players!! They are Killers!!! This kid has the goods but he might not have the instinct or yet to mature in that way.

That he admits to it, well that's better than just sitting back and thinking he "all that" already.............

BigDaddyG

3/16/2020  2:27 PM
Nalod wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:He straight up said lack of effort and playing hard at the 30ish second mark. That doesn’t concern you in the least?

I think many players at this level from High school and then do really well at the next level are in for a rude awakening when they get to the NBA!
They have to reckon with the fact they were physically dominant among HS players and obviously played pick up with older guys but in the NBA the best of the best are there. The toughest of the toughest, and the most physically gifted!!! Westbrook is no only talented, he is physically gifted with a great motor and he is also an arrogant sob and will demoralize players!! They are Killers!!! This kid has the goods but he might not have the instinct or yet to mature in that way.

That he admits to it, well that's better than just sitting back and thinking he "all that" already.............

Yep, the fact that he is self aware enough to notice these things is a positive. He's still a kid. Would he have been better served playing overseas in a quality league with grown men? Maybe. The reality is these are kids who can't even buy drinks, at least legally, yet.

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
3/17/2020  2:19 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/17/2020  4:23 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Wonder if a lot of players go back to college for another year- makes a lot of sense. Could mean a deeper 2021 draft (when we have 2 picks!) but an even more dire 2020 one

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/18/2020  10:22 AM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Wonder if a lot of players go back to college for another year- makes a lot of sense. Could mean a deeper 2021 draft (when we have 2 picks!) but an even more dire 2020 one

We have 2 1st round picks for this year also...right?

mikesknicks
Member: #684
USA
3/18/2020  5:44 PM
Yes we do have two picks ours and the clippers pick.
In the Knick of time. Knickal for Your thoughts.
BRIGGS
3/19/2020  3:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/19/2020  6:03 PM

James Bouknight UConn 6-5 sg

RIP Crushalot😞
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

3/19/2020  9:47 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Could we get him with our 2nd pick, or will we have to move up?

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
BRIGGS
3/19/2020  9:59 PM
Sangfroid wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Well I hope he stays at UConn but if not I think a team like the Knicks with pick 25 wouod have to guarantee him
I saw ray Allen abd rip Hamilton as as a freshmen abd he’s better

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG

3/20/2020  2:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/20/2020  2:35 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Well I hope he stays at UConn but if not I think a team like the Knicks with pick 25 wouod have to guarantee him
I saw ray Allen abd rip Hamilton as as a freshmen abd he’s better

I haven't followed UConn in years...I still consider them traitors. That said, he moves like a longer version of Trier. Dude's moves look pro ready. How's his playmaking?

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/21/2020  5:12 PM
Nalod
USA
3/22/2020  8:56 AM
smackeddog wrote:

He is a year younger than Frank and I doubt better. Back end of first round. At best a longer term prospect. Good kid, good pedigree but has struggled with his shot at times. They all do though.

Yes it’s early but here’s the 2020 NBA draft thread.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy