[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

RJ, nothing eye popping but super solid as of late
Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/16/2020  10:44 AM
Chandler wrote:Very happy with him

He should stay at the 2. moving to 3 would be a classic Knicks mistake (like moving Frank off point). RJ's strength is his version of bullyball which is more effective against 2s than larger 3s

I agree. There's also the fact that if they move RJ to the 3, they better trade Knox first because he won't get any burn and we'll get the #52 overall pick for him or something

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
1/16/2020  11:01 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:

He should stay at the 2. moving to 3 would be a classic Knicks mistake (like moving Frank off point). RJ's strength is his version of bullyball which is more effective against 2s than larger 3s

I agree. There's also the fact that if they move RJ to the 3, they better trade Knox first because he won't get any burn and we'll get the #52 overall pick for him or something

Knox would be a back up SF/PF in that scenario, so worth keeping. Don't trade him this season while his value is at it's lowest, see how he is next season

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
1/16/2020  12:28 PM
I like RJ at the 2. He just needs to improve his shooting. Iggy is the future at SF. I really think that kid is going to blow us away once he gets minutes. We have some good young players.
Trust the Process
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/16/2020  1:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/16/2020  1:17 PM
TheGame wrote:I like RJ at the 2. He just needs to improve his shooting. Iggy is the future at SF. I really think that kid is going to blow us away once he gets minutes. We have some good young players.

I really don't think we can rely on Iggy to be a future starter. He would need to show he can eventually be a rotation player first, which he definitely has the upside for. I'm concerned about his lack of defensive upside. He was a late 2nd round pick. If he becomes a rotation player that's a bonus.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/16/2020  2:33 PM
smackeddog wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

Knox would be a back up SF/PF in that scenario, so worth keeping. Don't trade him this season while his value is at it's lowest, see how he is next season

it would only get lower when he is backing up SF and not shooting much, and it would DEFINITELY get lower if with his lower minutes his rebounds go down and he starts getting evaluated based on that

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
1/16/2020  3:28 PM
Knixkik wrote:
TheGame wrote:I like RJ at the 2. He just needs to improve his shooting. Iggy is the future at SF. I really think that kid is going to blow us away once he gets minutes. We have some good young players.

I really don't think we can rely on Iggy to be a future starter. He would need to show he can eventually be a rotation player first, which he definitely has the upside for. I'm concerned about his lack of defensive upside. He was a late 2nd round pick. If he becomes a rotation player that's a bonus.

We will have to wait and see but from I have seen from Iggy, he looks like he has a good offensive game and that he can shoot the 3. Really it depends on who plays better defense between him and Knox. Iggy does not have Knox's athleticism but he seems to have a more diverse offensive game. If he can play better defense than Knox, then I think he has a decent chance of turning into a solid starter.

Trust the Process
Chandler
Member: #6197

1/16/2020  4:08 PM
franco12 wrote:

I've wanted him to play sf because we I think we'd be better off playing more small ball with better shooters and ball handlers.

I don't really understand why it doesn't seem like we've down that.

And I don't think it would be a mistake- certainly not in the same league as having RJ start and play as your PG!

I know some people like the small ball idea but we don't have the roster for it. You have to consider that both RJ and KK benefit to some degree on their increased size at their position. RJ plays bully ball; he's not a shooter. KK's height gives him more open looks, less contest at SF. I am still high on him (given his age). He needs to be consistent in hitting his open shots and then work on his move to the rim when the opponent closes out. I know folks want more from him but i think objectively he has progressed a lot. IN the past when he tried to drive he would bounce off a defender like a ping pong ball and throw up something wild. Now he's much stronger and less dumb. He's still a year away. RJ luckily came in with an idea of what would work for him. Now if we could only get Frank to take better advantage of his size

(5)(5)
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

1/17/2020  9:21 PM
Chandler wrote:
franco12 wrote:

I've wanted him to play sf because we I think we'd be better off playing more small ball with better shooters and ball handlers.

I don't really understand why it doesn't seem like we've down that.

And I don't think it would be a mistake- certainly not in the same league as having RJ start and play as your PG!

I know some people like the small ball idea but we don't have the roster for it. You have to consider that both RJ and KK benefit to some degree on their increased size at their position. RJ plays bully ball; he's not a shooter. KK's height gives him more open looks, less contest at SF. I am still high on him (given his age). He needs to be consistent in hitting his open shots and then work on his move to the rim when the opponent closes out. I know folks want more from him but i think objectively he has progressed a lot. IN the past when he tried to drive he would bounce off a defender like a ping pong ball and throw up something wild. Now he's much stronger and less dumb. He's still a year away. RJ luckily came in with an idea of what would work for him. Now if we could only get Frank to take better advantage of his size

Frank has taken strides, although not as brazenly as we would have hoped. I scream like a proud father when Frank slams one in as he goes to the hole. Only wish he becomes a more capable sniper when he shoots inside the lane. He already shoots his foul shots at 86%. Anything from 15 feet and in should be a money shot. Today, the lane. Tomorrow, the 3 point line?

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
RJ, nothing eye popping but super solid as of late

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy