Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/16/2020  9:55 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I don't think a good PG fixes everything... I think this team needs high end talent the most. Hopefully some of the yoots develop into that but hat's what needs to be aggressively pursued

They badly need high end guards. In a league that demands good guard play, we are built thru the front court with no shooters or dribble penetration.

We have never had a real All star PG(at least since strickland and mark), and it's a damn shame. We have had all stars at every position (C, PF, SF, SG) and I felt like we had enough assets to land one in the last 2 drafts, and i would have over paid to do it.

I can't recall the last time any PG drafted in the top 7 turned out to be a bust other than Mudiay

2009--harden, curry, Rubio
2010- Wall
2011- Kyrie
2012- Lillard
2013- olapido-combo guard
2014- role player draft
2015- D russell..mudiay
2016- K Dunn, jamal murry
2017- Fultz, Fox, Ball.......same yr as frank and dsj
2018- trey
2019- Ja

So just in the last 10 yrs we have missed out on a lot of really good pg's, a position that rarely ever produces a draft bust in the top 7

we missed out? We were not able to draft that high remember? This is the part of your "build a winning culture" mantra and riding guys like Morris to 30ish win season desperate to get better. You miss the player you have listed above because they all go early in the draft when you picking 7-12

We should have just drafted Lebron. Dumb Knicks!

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/16/2020  10:46 AM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I don't think a good PG fixes everything... I think this team needs high end talent the most. Hopefully some of the yoots develop into that but hat's what needs to be aggressively pursued

They badly need high end guards. In a league that demands good guard play, we are built thru the front court with no shooters or dribble penetration.

We have never had a real All star PG(at least since strickland and mark), and it's a damn shame. We have had all stars at every position (C, PF, SF, SG) and I felt like we had enough assets to land one in the last 2 drafts, and i would have over paid to do it.

I can't recall the last time any PG drafted in the top 7 turned out to be a bust other than Mudiay

2010- Wall
2011- Kyrie
2012- Lillard
2014- role player draft
2015- D russell..mudiay
2018- trey
2019- Ja

So just in the last 10 yrs we have missed out on a lot of really good pg's, a position that rarely ever produces a draft bust in the top 7

we missed out? We were not able to draft that high remember? This is the part of your "build a winning culture" mantra and riding guys like Morris to 30ish win season desperate to get better. You miss the player you have listed above because they all go early in the draft when you picking 7-12

I know, why would i ever think it was possible to move up in a draft, that's unheard of.

The fact that Atl and Dallas made deals on draft night was ground breaking stuff..

ES
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/16/2020  10:52 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

2010- Wall
2011- Kyrie
2012- Lillard
2014- role player draft
2015- D russell..mudiay
2018- trey
2019- Ja

I know, why would i ever think it was possible to move up in a draft, that's unheard of.

The fact that Atl and Dallas made deals on draft night was ground breaking stuff..

what are we going to give up, considering you want to toss the keys to Morris

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fishmike
USA
1/16/2020  10:58 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

2010- Wall
2011- Kyrie
2012- Lillard
2014- role player draft
2015- D russell..mudiay
2018- trey
2019- Ja

are you really this dumb? Sometimes teams swap spots because they one star better than another. Dal and Atlanta drafted Young and Doncic after their trade. Those were the players they swapped. Nobody is trading a draft pick for Doncic or Young so they can draft 2 or 3 Kevin Knoxes.

This could be a breakthrough moment for you... 1248 preaches that losing is bad and team should try to win games and get better because 30 wins is better than 17. Then realizes after 10 years of that team always drafts too late to get franchising changing talent... hmmmmmm

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/16/2020  11:10 AM
so holy crap... the Knicks drafted Kenny Walker with 5th pick in 1986. Since then, their top 7 picks of the draft: Gallo at #6 in 2008, KP at #4 in 2015 and RJ in at #3 in 2019.

That ****ing Curry trade is what really did the Knicks in.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/16/2020  11:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/16/2020  11:27 AM
martin wrote:so holy crap... the Knicks drafted Kenny Walker with 5th pick in 1986. Since then, their top 7 picks of the draft: Gallo at #6 in 2008, KP at #4 in 2015 and RJ in at #3 in 2019.

Ah yes. Fucking popcorn man killing the Knicks.

EDIT:
Just saw this. Warning. Very depressing read.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1934735-where-did-all-the-ny-knicks-draft-picks-go

knicks1248
1/16/2020  1:21 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

2010- Wall
2011- Kyrie
2012- Lillard
2014- role player draft
2015- D russell..mudiay
2018- trey
2019- Ja

what are we going to give up, considering you want to toss the keys to Morris

What ever it takes, because we are going no where with our current crop of PG's.

ES
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/16/2020  1:29 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Tyrese Halliburton

Agreed...If we don't get one of the top 2 picks, I would look into trading back to grab Halliburton. Love his size at the point, about 6'5, long arms, engaged defender, great vision (He and Ball are probably the best passers of the top pg prospects), doesn't turn the ball over, makes winning plays and can knock down the open jumper.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/16/2020  1:53 PM
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Tyrese Halliburton

Agreed...If we don't get one of the top 2 picks, I would look into trading back to grab Halliburton. Love his size at the point, about 6'5, long arms, engaged defender, great vision (He and Ball are probably the best passers of the top pg prospects), doesn't turn the ball over, makes winning plays and can knock down the open jumper.

If we don't get a top pick, I would love to acquire as many assets as possible.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/16/2020  1:56 PM
martin wrote:so holy crap... the Knicks drafted Kenny Walker with 5th pick in 1986. Since then, their top 7 picks of the draft: Gallo at #6 in 2008, KP at #4 in 2015 and RJ in at #3 in 2019.

Hi Martin, I'm curious as to what specifically your "holy crap" refers to? The total number of picks the Knicks got in the top 7 or their performance in using them?
I'm curious also why you used top 7 as the cutoff in your post. It's there a particular significance to that number?
And I agree that that Curry trade was the worst in at least 30 years of Knicks history.

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/16/2020  1:56 PM
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Tyrese Halliburton

We wouldn't trade back. ESPN has him at 4 right now. He's probably going to go in the 3-7 range when it's all said and done.

TheGame
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1154
USA
1/16/2020  3:33 PM
This year we have some draft capital to work a deal with the future Dallas picks. If we end up with a top six pick, we should be able to move up and get the pg we want. There are three that look like upgrades over what we have - Ball, Anthony, and that Halliburton kid all look like upgrades.
Trust the Process
knicks1248
1/16/2020  3:51 PM
NYKBocker wrote:

EDIT:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1934735-where-did-all-the-ny-knicks-draft-picks-go

OMG, it's been pathetic, we can't draft to save our lives..

were better off trading our picks if this is the BS we're going to do with them

ES
fishmike
USA
1/16/2020  4:16 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

EDIT:

Isiah Thomas said exactly the same thing! I can see great minds think alike
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/16/2020  4:34 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

EDIT:

I don't know what you are reading. The whole article is about how the Knicks traded their picks for players and how they COULD have drafted if they kept those picks

You are in bizaro world

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
1/16/2020  4:36 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

EDIT:

This is coming from a guy who said Rose and Bledsoe suck, and would rather have frank

the same guy who said KP was a lock to resign

ES
fishmike
USA
1/16/2020  4:56 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

EDIT:

This is coming from a guy who said Rose and Bledsoe suck, and would rather have frank

the same guy who said KP was a lock to resign

Rose does suck. KP did resign, just not with us, and I suspect you dont even know what team Bledsoe plays for, even with google
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/16/2020  5:00 PM
Panos wrote:

Hi Martin, I'm curious as to what specifically your "holy crap" refers to? The total number of picks the Knicks got in the top 7 or their performance in using them?
I'm curious also why you used top 7 as the cutoff in your post. It's there a particular significance to that number?
And I agree that that Curry trade was the worst in at least 30 years of Knicks history.

The Rainman said:

What ever it takes" is the mystical all easy to type but reality not many teams trade down unless they are enriched but you have to actually have desirable assets to do what Knicks1248 suggests. ATL basically used the Dallas pick and some other to nab Deandre Hunter in last.
Drunk Uncle statements are easy. "Well, we should have just.........Yeah, done what ever it takes!!!" ATL
knicks1248
1/16/2020  10:27 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

EDIT:

I don't know what you are reading. The whole article is about how the Knicks traded their picks for players and how they COULD have drafted if they kept those picks

You are in bizaro world

DiD You really dummied down the article to justify your arrogant response..lol, your funny

look at the list, how many of the PG's i have listed are on the team that drafted them, even the guys we could have drafted are not on the same team.

The bizaro world you live in won't recognize that, or maybe you refuse to, thats denial.

There's a very small chance of you winning a fckng lottery, any lottery.

My point is that the knicks are not good when it comes to the draft, and they are not good with developing draft picks

ES
fishmike
USA
1/17/2020  9:33 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

EDIT:

You are in bizaro world

DiD You really dummied down the article to justify your arrogant response..lol, your funny

look at the list, how many of the PG's i have listed are on the team that drafted them, even the guys we could have drafted are not on the same team.

The bizaro world you live in won't recognize that, or maybe you refuse to, thats denial.

There's a very small chance of you winning a fckng lottery, any lottery.

My point is that the knicks are not good when it comes to the draft, and they are not good with developing draft picks

Maybe Martin's point is you are not good at posting or making sense, which is a valid point.

You thought Trey Burke was a star and then doubled down on that claim AFTER Phili signed him because they are a title contender

You are fun!

What the Knicks need most is a PG.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy