[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

A PG that can shoot will change everything
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/12/2020  6:28 PM
The lane will be open for Randle and Barrett. Kadeem Allen belongs on this roster and is a nice 3rd string PG. Ntilikina is establishing himself as a good backup. Payton has been a difference maker but the lack of outside shooting hurts badly. Barrett, Randle and Robinson are 3 starters who are likely here long term. The jury is still out on Morris but if we don’t keep him then at least we know Bullock can fill that floor spacing role on the wing. We just need another floor spacer at the PG position. Top candidates are VanVleet as a free agent or Haliburton, cole Anthony or Mannion in the draft. Haliburton has a funky shot but it goes in and his defense and passing makes for a great fit.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/12/2020  8:04 PM
Knixkik wrote:The lane will be open for Randle and Barrett. Kadeem Allen belongs on this roster and is a nice 3rd string PG. Ntilikina is establishing himself as a good backup. Payton has been a difference maker but the lack of outside shooting hurts badly. Barrett, Randle and Robinson are 3 starters who are likely here long term. The jury is still out on Morris but if we don’t keep him then at least we know Bullock can fill that floor spacing role on the wing. We just need another floor spacer at the PG position. Top candidates are VanVleet as a free agent or Haliburton, cole Anthony or Mannion in the draft. Haliburton has a funky shot but it goes in and his defense and passing makes for a great fit.

Loving Haliburton for the Knicks

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/12/2020  10:32 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:The lane will be open for Randle and Barrett. Kadeem Allen belongs on this roster and is a nice 3rd string PG. Ntilikina is establishing himself as a good backup. Payton has been a difference maker but the lack of outside shooting hurts badly. Barrett, Randle and Robinson are 3 starters who are likely here long term. The jury is still out on Morris but if we don’t keep him then at least we know Bullock can fill that floor spacing role on the wing. We just need another floor spacer at the PG position. Top candidates are VanVleet as a free agent or Haliburton, cole Anthony or Mannion in the draft. Haliburton has a funky shot but it goes in and his defense and passing makes for a great fit.

I'm thinking this is the year to trade down. I do see some Brogdan in Haliburton's game tho, but Anthony Edwards is the only guy I'd feel safe picking. Nico, Anthony, Haliburton, Mannion, Ball all have considerable question marks and Wiseman doesn't seem special enough to draft with Mitch on board. To be fair, we haven't really seen Cole or Wiseman play this season.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/12/2020  11:16 PM
Will have to check out some of the prospects you guys listed. Agree that a scoring PG makes things easier on their teammates. Have to be able to count on your PG to get buckets, when the defense is stout.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/12/2020  11:27 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

I'm thinking this is the year to trade down. I do see some Brogdan in Haliburton's game tho, but Anthony Edwards is the only guy I'd feel safe picking. Nico, Anthony, Haliburton, Mannion, Ball all have considerable question marks and Wiseman doesn't seem special enough to draft with Mitch on board. To be fair, we haven't really seen Cole or Wiseman play this season.

Ugh though right?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/12/2020  11:28 PM
i wonder what our record would have been had the fo retained Mudiay. Of course, people would have complained that we'd be stunting DSjr & Frank's growth.
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

1/12/2020  11:45 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

Ugh though right?

Yup. His is very bad. He has potential in the Knox sense but poor effort is always a red flag for me. Still can’t discount the fact that he is offensively very very talented.

The Future is Bright!
Knixkik
USA
1/13/2020  7:27 AM
franco12 wrote:i wonder what our record would have been had the fo retained Mudiay. Of course, people would have complained that we'd be stunting DSjr & Frank's growth.

Mudiay has always been a pretty low impact player. Payton is much better, and neither of them can shoot. Maybe he would have made a difference when Payton was injured though.

Knixkik
USA
1/13/2020  7:28 AM
martin wrote:

Haliburton is my favorite too. Reminds me a bit of SGA from okc, except more of a pure PG. He would be a great fit with Barrett and Mitch.

knicks1248
Member: #582
1/13/2020  9:30 AM

I think we need better perimeter scoring from every position

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/13/2020  10:04 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

and defense and shooting and good passing too! You could be a scout
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/13/2020  11:05 AM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

and defense and shooting and good passing too! You could be a scout

Boy-scout...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Knixkik
USA
1/13/2020  1:25 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

The knicks needs to load the bench with shooters. I assume Knox and Frank will be coming off the bench next season but be part of the rotation. So we need to add 2 shooters to the bench rotation. The starting lineup is fine as long as the wing opposite to RJ is a high volume 3pt shooter as well as the starting PG. Whether it's Morris or Bullock starting at the SF. Or you can easily move Barrett to the SF and sign either Joe Harris, Bryn Forbes, or Bogdan Bogdanovic at SG and bring Bullock off the bench.

knicks1248
Member: #582
1/13/2020  2:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2020  2:51 PM
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

The knicks needs to load the bench with shooters. I assume Knox and Frank will be coming off the bench next season but be part of the rotation. So we need to add 2 shooters to the bench rotation. The starting lineup is fine as long as the wing opposite to RJ is a high volume 3pt shooter as well as the starting PG. Whether it's Morris or Bullock starting at the SF. Or you can easily move Barrett to the SF and sign either Joe Harris, Bryn Forbes, or Bogdan Bogdanovic at SG and bring Bullock off the bench.

Base on History, I'm not going to assume who will even be on the roster next season, let alone the rotation.

We maybe looking at an entire new FO/COACH, and tons of trade opportunities, and RJ is the only untouchable.

When your losing, nothing stays the same..

ES
Knixkik
USA
1/13/2020  3:06 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Base on History, I'm not going to assume who will even be on the roster next season, let alone the rotation.

We maybe looking at an entire new FO/COACH, and tons of trade opportunities, and RJ is the only untouchable.

When your losing, nothing stays the same..

Of course things can always change, it's just a guess. RJ, Mitch, and Randle are likely here to stay. Everything else is a complete unknown.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/13/2020  6:06 PM
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

Ugh though right?

Yup. His is very bad. He has potential in the Knox sense but poor effort is always a red flag for me. Still can’t discount the fact that he is offensively very very talented.

Can't cherry pick one game, but the shot selection has been an issue in every game I've watched.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy