[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why the Knicks should Stand Pat at the NBA Trade Deadline
Author Thread
NBK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8667

1/11/2020  4:54 AM
I dont think the Knicks should make any moves at all. Not because we are not stable at all!
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/11/2020  5:03 AM
Dolan panic moves are usually short sighted.
“New regime”? its a great concept but “new” might not be “better”. Change is not improvement. If we look for culture building stability might we allow this regime to gel? Its more than just MIlls we talking about. Perry and the Princeton Cabel (Mills-Robinson-Blatt-Harlow) are not producing post PHil. I can’t say they deserve more time based on merit but on logic? More change is more instability. Works bot ways. I’m not sure one way is better than anther.
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

1/11/2020  9:27 AM
I’d like to see us make a small deal for a back up/ stop gap center for the next 2-3 years as Mitch develops like Olynk or Dieng.
The Future is Bright!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/11/2020  1:56 PM
I don't want to see a closed door policy. We should always be listening. Each offer brings different positives and negatives that have to be measured. What I don't want to see are moves designed to push us into the playoffs this year that sacrifice our future.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/15/2020  5:47 AM
TPercy wrote:I’d like to see us make a small deal for a back up/ stop gap center for the next 2-3 years as Mitch develops like Olynk or Dieng.

yeah thats not a bad idea. Also you can't screw that up to much. Need another true center on the roster

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
1/15/2020  5:52 AM
The Knicks need to get a backup center who is at least 6'11", they need to trade Marcus Morris for a first rounder if they can and trade Portis for a high second rounder and trade Trier for a high second rounder. Give minutes to Knox, Iggy, and Wooten in the second half of the season and see what it looks like. Hopefully, we get a top 5 pick and can draft a pg to lead this team for the next 10 years.
Trust the Process
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/15/2020  8:08 AM
How can we beat Milwaukee? I don't see the talent on the squad today to be a top flight championship caliber franchise.

And I guess part of my response to the above is we should blow it up. Trade everything and everyone until we get that kind of talent that can compete.

But I think we'd be better served standing pat, keeping to the plan the FO seems to have, which is to stay flexible with regards to the cap.

SO- I don't want to ruin draft position like we did when we could have netted Stephen Curry but instead came away with Jordan Hill. But great talent is found in all spots. Think about the Melo trade and how all of these years later, Wilson Chandler and Danilo Gallinari are both still playing, and neither were drafted that high.

I guess it's baby steps. We have to build stability, and start to develop players. Are Knox, Barret, Frank & DSjr part of the long term solution? We'll find out.

knicks1248
Member: #582
1/15/2020  8:41 AM
This entire process over the last 6 yrs has been 2 steps forward, 2 steps back. Trade our best player and get back bull sht, draft young low IQ players who will eventually get traded.

Our young players will not be consistent impact players anytime soon and half dozen people will lose their JOBS in the process.

You trade Morris you need to get back someone on his level, preferably a starting pg who's not a one trick pony

ES
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/15/2020  9:41 AM
knicks1248 wrote:This entire process over the last 6 yrs has been 2 steps forward, 2 steps back. Trade our best player and get back bull sht, draft young low IQ players who will eventually get traded.

Our young players will not be consistent impact players anytime soon and half dozen people will lose their JOBS in the process.

You trade Morris you need to get back someone on his level, preferably a starting pg who's not a one trick pony

The process started at the beginning of last season - 1.5 years back.
Phil time was a continuation of same old starpunching.
We have prospects/young players in RJ, Rendle, Frank, Mitch, Knox, Iggy, Dot, Zo, some GL dudes.
The rest of the roster are temps which can be swapped for more prospects and picks.
At this stage we just need to continue building, evaluating, collecting assets. NBA BAU. No more no less.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/15/2020  12:10 PM
do these look like the faces of a front office that’s going to stay pat?:

LOL

knicks1248
1/15/2020  12:38 PM
smackeddog wrote:do these look like the faces of a front office that’s going to stay pat?:

LOL

lmao.... they look like they need to hit the BAR in a hurry...

ES
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/15/2020  12:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/15/2020  12:52 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:do these look like the faces of a front office that’s going to stay pat?:

LOL

lmao.... they look like they need to hit the BAR in a hurry...

Looks like people who have a lot of work to do without any hope of getting fast positive results...
Life is a bitch..

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/15/2020  12:54 PM

LOL

Maybe Perry and Mills just need to pull up another HoodieMelo workout vid. At least Jimmie looks sort of like he's thinking about trying to look happy.
knicks1248
1/15/2020  1:01 PM
jrodmc wrote:

LOL

Maybe Perry and Mills just need to pull up another HoodieMelo workout vid. At least Jimmie looks sort of like he's thinking about trying to look happy.

seriously, Perry looks like "how the fck did i get myself into this" i gotta sit here and pretend i like these 2 idiots..

ES
smackeddog
1/15/2020  1:40 PM
jrodmc wrote:

LOL

He’s probably thinking about how good it will be to fire them as soon as the season is over

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/15/2020  3:24 PM
If I’m the Knicks, I would certainly be kicking the tires on D’Angelo Russell and Willie Cauley-Stein. We certainly have the pieces to make a deal work. If it costs me this years first and expiring contracts like Portis, Payton and Dotson for a floor spacing PG and back up center on reasonable contracts it’s a conversation I’m definitely having. Maybe I’m missing something, but this years draft doesn’t look like a slam dunk with a top 5 pick. This would be the year to trade that pick, balance the roster and start winning. I would certainly consider our pick in exchange for an all star PG a good exchange.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/15/2020  3:57 PM
Rookie wrote:If I’m the Knicks, I would certainly be kicking the tires on D’Angelo Russell and Willie Cauley-Stein. We certainly have the pieces to make a deal work. If it costs me this years first and expiring contracts like Portis, Payton and Dotson for a floor spacing PG and back up center on reasonable contracts it’s a conversation I’m definitely having. Maybe I’m missing something, but this years draft doesn’t look like a slam dunk with a top 5 pick. This would be the year to trade that pick, balance the roster and start winning. I would certainly consider our pick in exchange for an all star PG a good exchange.

Besides the individual stats, what have Russell and WCS done on the last place GSW to warrant trading for them? They aren't winning on their current team.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
1/15/2020  4:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/15/2020  4:12 PM
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:If I’m the Knicks, I would certainly be kicking the tires on D’Angelo Russell and Willie Cauley-Stein. We certainly have the pieces to make a deal work. If it costs me this years first and expiring contracts like Portis, Payton and Dotson for a floor spacing PG and back up center on reasonable contracts it’s a conversation I’m definitely having. Maybe I’m missing something, but this years draft doesn’t look like a slam dunk with a top 5 pick. This would be the year to trade that pick, balance the roster and start winning. I would certainly consider our pick in exchange for an all star PG a good exchange.

Besides the individual stats, what have Russell and WCS done on the last place GSW to warrant trading for them? They aren't winning on their current team.

Green has also been exposed this season. I think Russell’s Nets season was a fluke. Man, greens stats: 38% FG and 27.4% from 3, 8.5pts, 5.5assists 6rebounds. Last season wasn’t much better and he has another 4years at over 23mil per

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/15/2020  4:10 PM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:

Green has also been exposed this season. I think Russell’s Nets season was a fluke

For me it’s not about getting exposed. His role is enhanced with offensive players around him - dude is a defensive genius and excellent passer. Put him in a role not made for him and he isn’t as good.

It’s like trying to make Randle a playmaker.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
1/15/2020  4:14 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:

Green has also been exposed this season. I think Russell’s Nets season was a fluke

For me it’s not about getting exposed. His role is enhanced with offensive players around him - dude is a defensive genius and excellent passer. Put him in a role not made for him and he isn’t as good.

It’s like trying to make Randle a playmaker.

I partially agree, but I think he is declining too

Why the Knicks should Stand Pat at the NBA Trade Deadline

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy