[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks Inquired about Andre Drummond
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/23/2020  3:35 PM
NYStateOfMind wrote:What asset is lost to test Drummond out if we move Randle and Frank? I never suggested having Drummond makes the team drastically better, but there are a good amount of Knicks fan who don't like the prospect of Randle's multi-year deal given his play. I'll take the consistent rebounds over Randle's ridiculous erratic play. A true PG might fix Randle for this team, but we don't have one. We definitely lost games to Randle's type of wreckless play and dribbing, but Drummond's rebounding might have won some of them. Also comparing Drummond who would come on the cheap via a trade vs AD who didn't want to come here and would cost a fortune, isn't the right comparison not to grab a Drummond type player. Whatever shortcoming he has on defense, Mitch can make up for. To me, that is a scary frontcourt, adding RJ and Morris to that, plus a true PG in time would be a nice line-up as starters. Also, nothing from career stats state Bullock is durable as a short or long term solution. 125 games in 3 full seasons is basically a half a season player who isn't very impactful even when he does play. I hear less and less team interest in Frank every season that passes. Heck, DSJ has more interest and he rarely plays. IMHO

BigDaddyG wrote:
NYStateOfMind wrote:
I wanted to take this time to apologize for my lack of perspective & reality on Reggie Bullock. He has so much value in a trade. Bullock is a career 40% shooter and was hitting 57% of his FGs. I wanted to show how those outstanding stats have flourished since then, in the month of January he has shot 31.5% 3pt and an outstanding 41.1% from the field, surely those numbers can't be sustained, but I remain hopeful like Martin. He hasn't had a FT attempt in 8 of 11 games while playing 25 mins per, but his FT% has improved.

Now, let's see if those outstanding numbers have held up to his career stats Martin mentioned, Career 40% 3s is actually 38.7% and 31.5% this season, his career FG% is 43.3% this season 41.1%, but he has hit 83.3% FTs above his career 82.8% for a total of 5 pts for the season. Again, I apologize for stating facts and living in reality and not living on past performance from a guy who has a career-high 62 games played in a season, 63 over his last 2 full seasons.

I hope he continues to add the Knicks winning ways with his clutch play and strong Martin fanbase.

P.S. Randle & Frank are such strong assets, getting a Drummond is so weak, I agree. Randle with his awesome 16.96 PER vs a weak Drummond and his 22.02 PER. Randle with his career-low FG% in January vs Drummond with his yearly consistency in FGs & REBs. Oh, and Frank, what a developing gem he is to this team. I wish all our PGs were as strong as him. His same minutes 3 years in a row and really no improvements, a joy to watch blossom, but hey his FT% is up a lot. I'll try to improve on my lack of perspective and living in reality, but it is so hard.

martin wrote:
NYStateOfMind wrote:The Knicks have also entered the Andre Drummond sweepstakes, per multiple reports. According to Vince Ellis of the Detroit Free Press, the Pistons requested Julius Randle and Frank Ntilikina in a return package.

Why would that not be an insta-trade. Some folks want out of Randle's contract, Drummond is basically expiring since he will turn down his option. Frank is a bench pg. Yes, signing Drummond would cost a lot, but he is a solid player and a New Yorker if I recall. Couldn't hurt to test him out here. At the beginning of the season, if asked who would most prefer, I think it would be Drummond over Randle. That is basically the trade.

They have Markieff and some stated they might want to trade for Kennard. I like Bullock, but he isn't shooting the 3 as high % and his FT% isn't great. Just don't give up picks in the trade and it is a win IMO.

Can we add some perspective and a hint of reality to posts?

Bullock is an 80% career FT shooter. This year he has shot 2 FTs and missed 1.

Bullock is also a career 40% 3pt shooter. His eFG% is 57% right now which is outstanding. His small sample size with only 7 games played this year after missing end of summer, training camp, and most of season is vast.

Also, you don't give away value in trades without a guarantee of getting something back, you just don't test a player out for a couple of months; Randle/Frank for Drummond is a weak trade.

I'm not saying Bullock is a world beater, but the guy had a career true shooting percentage of 56% and shoots around 39% from three for his career. He's also coming off a long layoff. Maybe he deserves the benefit of the doubt? I agree Drummond is a beast, but that isn't really the question. The questions are how would fit in with Mitch, how many wins would he realistically add and the wisdom of giving up assets to a guy who will likely leave after the season.

Giving up any asset for a longshot isn't good. We could probably get a pick for Randle. Yeah Randle's contract sucks but it's flippable. If we're keeping Drummond, it's a Max. Maybe we flip Mitch, Barrett in a win now panic move. Now what? We still suck and now our salary flexibility is gone. It's a short sighted move. We virtually stalemate in total rebounds each game versus opponents and league the lead in offensive rebounds per game. Drummond isn't really essential need unless he can start busting out 3s.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/24/2020  3:26 PM
Impatient with mitch after a season and a half seems extreme impatient.
I think there is room for both and when Mitch beats Drummond then trade Andre then. If we need to sign him to an expensive deal not movable then we rethink that position.
Knicks Inquired about Andre Drummond

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy