[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks Inquired about Andre Drummond
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/15/2020  10:52 AM
NYStateOfMind wrote:Are you? Check out his stats against the bucks. Case closed. Now don't be a rude disrespect child. Don't go away mad and defeated, just go away or live in the past. Case sealed.

martin wrote:
NYStateOfMind wrote:
martin wrote:
NYStateOfMind wrote:The Knicks have also entered the Andre Drummond sweepstakes, per multiple reports. According to Vince Ellis of the Detroit Free Press, the Pistons requested Julius Randle and Frank Ntilikina in a return package.

Why would that not be an insta-trade. Some folks want out of Randle's contract, Drummond is basically expiring since he will turn down his option. Frank is a bench pg. Yes, signing Drummond would cost a lot, but he is a solid player and a New Yorker if I recall. Couldn't hurt to test him out here. At the beginning of the season, if asked who would most prefer, I think it would be Drummond over Randle. That is basically the trade.

They have Markieff and some stated they might want to trade for Kennard. I like Bullock, but he isn't shooting the 3 as high % and his FT% isn't great. Just don't give up picks in the trade and it is a win IMO.

Can we add some perspective and a hint of reality to posts?

Bullock is an 80% career FT shooter. This year he has shot 2 FTs and missed 1.

Bullock is also a career 40% 3pt shooter. His eFG% is 57% right now which is outstanding. His small sample size with only 7 games played this year after missing end of summer, training camp, and most of season is vast.

Also, you don't give away value in trades without a guarantee of getting something back, you just don't test a player out for a couple of months; Randle/Frank for Drummond is a weak trade.

Perspective here, those aren't his numbers this season. Under 40% 3s and 50% ft.

Are you trying to embarrass yourself something silly?

I did and also put it into perspective, he had a bad game. Bullock is 8 games into the season after missing a lot of time. Knicks were also missing a lot of pieces.

Suddenly Bullock is shooting 80% from FT, what gives?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

1/15/2020  11:07 AM
martin wrote:
NYStateOfMind wrote:Are you? Check out his stats against the bucks. Case closed. Now don't be a rude disrespect child. Don't go away mad and defeated, just go away or live in the past. Case sealed.

martin wrote:
NYStateOfMind wrote:
martin wrote:
NYStateOfMind wrote:The Knicks have also entered the Andre Drummond sweepstakes, per multiple reports. According to Vince Ellis of the Detroit Free Press, the Pistons requested Julius Randle and Frank Ntilikina in a return package.

Why would that not be an insta-trade. Some folks want out of Randle's contract, Drummond is basically expiring since he will turn down his option. Frank is a bench pg. Yes, signing Drummond would cost a lot, but he is a solid player and a New Yorker if I recall. Couldn't hurt to test him out here. At the beginning of the season, if asked who would most prefer, I think it would be Drummond over Randle. That is basically the trade.

They have Markieff and some stated they might want to trade for Kennard. I like Bullock, but he isn't shooting the 3 as high % and his FT% isn't great. Just don't give up picks in the trade and it is a win IMO.

Bullock is also a career 40% 3pt shooter. His eFG% is 57% right now which is outstanding. His small sample size with only 7 games played this year after missing end of summer, training camp, and most of season is vast.

Also, you don't give away value in trades without a guarantee of getting something back, you just don't test a player out for a couple of months; Randle/Frank for Drummond is a weak trade.

Perspective here, those aren't his numbers this season. Under 40% 3s and 50% ft.

Are you trying to embarrass yourself something silly?

I did and also put it into perspective, he had a bad game. Bullock is 8 games into the season after missing a lot of time. Knicks were also missing a lot of pieces.

Suddenly Bullock is shooting 80% from FT, what gives?

I don’t mean to step in but Bullock has always been a good 3 pt shooter a career around 40% 3 point shooter and a 80% career FT Shooter on top of being a top defensive guard ... Reggie is a great role player... most teams want a bullock type player coming off the bench. For his production he’s on one of the best contracts in the NBA .

Did he have a off night vs the bucks? Yeah he was awful, every player will have a off night .

That same player was a big reason we beat the heat ...

Now for trading for Drummond. Randle is the better offensive player hands down and frank is starting to come into his own ... why would we give up our two best assets for a expiring contract? Even without moving anyone we will have max space to go after a max player.. like a Drummond or Ingram.

Don’t pull a Melo move and trade assets for someone we can have for free next year.

If we resign Morris And if you want sign Drummond look at this team

Drummond, Mitch
Randal, wooton
Morris, Knox
RJ, bullock
Top5 pick, frank

If we trade for Drummond our whole front office should be fired immediately.
The pistons are F U C k E D and they know it. They are just doing there do diligence on the historically bad move teams like the hawks and Knicks to see if there stupid enough to pull the trigger.

MS
Member: #724
1/15/2020  11:19 AM
This has Steve Mills written all over it.

Drummond doesn't impact the game at all defensively and his stats while impressive are empty. Big man are not impacting the game like they once did and we happen to have one on our roster that changes the game defensively and is on an unbelievably cheap deal.

You can pick up centers off the scrap heap these days. We should be concentrating on getting value back for Julius Randle, Bullock, Morris, Smith going forward.

cooch2584
Member: #1187

1/16/2020  6:36 PM
MS wrote:This has Steve Mills written all over it.

Drummond doesn't impact the game at all defensively and his stats while impressive are empty. Big man are not impacting the game like they once did and we happen to have one on our roster that changes the game defensively and is on an unbelievably cheap deal.

You can pick up centers off the scrap heap these days. We should be concentrating on getting value back for Julius Randle, Bullock, Morris, Smith going forward.

EMPTY STATS!! SERIOUS?? What center offa the scrap heap is gonna Avg. 17 points and almost 16 rebounds a game?? Do we have a player like that??? I DONT THINK SO!!

fwk00
Member: #6048

1/16/2020  10:32 PM
cooch2584 wrote:

EMPTY STATS!! SERIOUS?? What center offa the scrap heap is gonna Avg. 17 points and almost 16 rebounds a game?? Do we have a player like that??? I DONT THINK SO!!

This.

It's true that Drummond would not be anyone's first choice to continue upgrading the roster but he's available probably on our own terms and *he does add value*.

And I can't help but laugh a little when I hear we could sign him as a FA this summer. When's the last time that strategy has worked out for us?

We need upgrades badly. The bird in hand is better than two in the bush.

MS
Member: #724
1/16/2020  10:44 PM
Seriously?

Anyone that wants this guy knows **** about basketball and putting a winning team on the floor. He’s making $28MM a year and the Pistons interior defense is one of the worse in the league. He can’t shoot from the outside, they barely made the playoffs and Blake was their best player.

Yes let’s sign this guy for that much money. The Knicks suck. We are a loser franchise. If we had any brains we would have signed Rubio and overpaid him to put the young players in the right position, instead of Ellington, Portis and Gibson. We ****ing gave Portis $15MM. Kanter signed for 5, Howard signed for 2MM.

Being a GM is not that difficult. Never has been. Don’t over pay ****ty role players that are one sided.

Find minutes for Iggy, Robinson, Knox and the reset of the young players. Drummond sucks and gets you no closer to anything. We need to lose and get the young guys experience and assets for the veterans. We are the worst team with them and the worst team without them.

smackeddog
Member: #883
1/17/2020  3:43 AM
cooch2584 wrote:

Don't think you get the concept of empty stats- it's not that the don't look impressive by themselves, it's the fact they look impressive by themselves BUT have no baring on the outcome of the game- hence them being EMPTY. He gets 17pts and 16rebs but his teams performances over the years have been poor- his numbers seem like they make little difference. You may as well of just re-signed Kanter of you just want big scoring and rebounding numbers with zero defence or impact on the game.

cooch2584

1/17/2020  9:53 AM
smackeddog wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:

Don't think you get the concept of empty stats- it's not that the don't look impressive by themselves, it's the fact they look impressive by themselves BUT have no baring on the outcome of the game- hence them being EMPTY. He gets 17pts and 16rebs but his teams performances over the years have been poor- his numbers seem like they make little difference. You may as well of just re-signed Kanter of you just want big scoring and rebounding numbers with zero defence or impact on the game.

You guys are unbelieveable!!! So then we play Mitch and him together for his supposed no d. You can not pass up a player like this. His stats have no outcome on the game?? You have a player getting 16 REBOUNDS a game. Some games our whole team doesn't get 16 rebounds. lol SMDH comments that we dont need him. AND hes only 26 years old!!

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/17/2020  10:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2020  10:19 AM
cooch2584 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:

You guys are unbelieveable!!! So then we play Mitch and him together for his supposed no d. You can not pass up a player like this. His stats have no outcome on the game?? You have a player getting 16 REBOUNDS a game. Some games our whole team doesn't get 16 rebounds. lol SMDH comments that we dont need him. AND hes only 26 years old!!

David Lee was the king of empty stats for most of his career. His production had close to no impact for the Knicks. Im not saying that Drummond is a stat padder like Lee was, but he's not a game changer like AD.Not worth the same money. And he's more of an old school big who doesnt stretch the floor.

Still a place in this league for players like that, but not at close to 30 mil. Would eat up too much of the cap. You pay a player like Jokic that kind of money, because he can also run the offense. Or AD, or Giannis. Not Drummond.

I dont see Drummond as a player who will draw other stars to NY, Do you?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/17/2020  10:35 AM
Bring Andre cheap or sign him over the summer. Keep mitch. When Mitch outplays him then trade Drummond. If he keeps to his contract he will be tradable.
If FO, scouts and coaches think he is Greg Monroe then don't bring him at all.
IF the powers that be think Mitch is on his way then don't.
Berman brings up a good point today about why we should get Drummond. Mostly that Mitch is not close to his level.
Im ok with that. Ayton and Baynes killed us last night. Ayton is really getting good. PHX has a nice core of him and Booker. Rubio really put on a show. Obviously we should have made an attempt to sign him.
But I get the reasons.
cooch2584

1/17/2020  10:44 AM
Then who do we go after if not Andre?? just asking.
Nalod
USA
1/17/2020  10:53 AM
cooch2584 wrote:Then who do we go after if not Andre?? just asking.

I think we are so predisposed to jumping from one hope wagon to the other. Giannis if he does not want to resign in Milwaukee might traded this summer. Its a long shot and the price would be very high. Naturally we'd have to have assurance he resigns. Issue is we are not very good and we'd be depleted which makes for him be part of a continued rebuild.

Fact is we don't have to go after anybody. I can't give you a path to success but we keep drafting and then as assets mature we play them or trade. That's a long process most are not excited about.
I say go that route until an opportunity arises. They seemingly do.

smackeddog
Member: #883
1/17/2020  11:15 AM

Bogdanovic if he can be got on a reasonable contract. If not, then wait til 2021 trade deadline and land a player from a team trying to get cap space fr FA in 2021. No one great is coming here, so I think we have a better chance of landing a decent player in a salary dump. Only way we get a star is if we draft one.

martin
USA
1/17/2020  11:41 AM
Nalod wrote:

I think we are so predisposed to jumping from one hope wagon to the other. Giannis if he does not want to resign in Milwaukee might traded this summer. Its a long shot and the price would be very high. Naturally we'd have to have assurance he resigns. Issue is we are not very good and we'd be depleted which makes for him be part of a continued rebuild.

Fact is we don't have to go after anybody. I can't give you a path to success but we keep drafting and then as assets mature we play them or trade. That's a long process most are not excited about.
I say go that route until an opportunity arises. They seemingly do.

There is no sound logic to this. Milwaukee would just wait another year before trading him (sign and trade).

Bucks look like an ECF contender this year if not finals. Toronto was a special team last year and I don't see any other East coast team beating Giannis in 7 this year (or even next) barring injury. (Well, Philly may have a chance but that's it unless something big changes.) Bucks can bring their core players back next year and may just need to add some SG depth, which I think is the easiest position to back-fill.

Giannis has some serious thinking to do after the 2020-21 season. His core team will all be on the wrong side of 30+ while he is 27. How does Milwaukee rebuild around him?

Salary
Player Age 2019-20 2020-21 2021-22
Khris Middleton 28 30603448 33051724 35500000
Giannis Antetokounmpo 25 25842697 27528090
Eric Bledsoe 30 15625000 16875000 18125000
Brook Lopez 31 12093024 12697675 13302325
George Hill 33 9133907 9590602 10047297
Ersan lyasova 32 7000000 7000000
Robin Lopez 31 4767000 5005350
D.J. Wilson 23 2961120 4548280
Donte DiVincenzo 22 2905800 3044160 4675830
Wesley Matthews 33 2564753 2692991
Kyle Korver 38 2564753
Pat Connaughton 27 1723050
Dragan Bender 22 1678854 1824003
Sterling Brown 24 1618520
Thanasis Antetokounmpo 27 1445697 1701593

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/MIL.html?sr&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=ShareTool#contracts

LOL they gave Thanasis a 2 year deal

martin
USA
1/17/2020  11:43 AM
Anyway, I'd sign Andre Drummond to an offseason deal for the fact that he is a talent addition at no cost.

And then if if if there is a Pelican's-AD situation, you have the player to swap.

Nalod
USA
1/17/2020  12:08 PM
Brandon Ingram. His signing in a blockbuster makes Knox and if I dare suggest, RJ barrett expendable.
I fully promote Knox being further developed. It possible his timeline need be toward being a power forward. He looks to be adding mass to his upper body. Im a fan throwing stuff out there, nothing substantial.
NYStateOfMind
Member: #5741
USA
1/23/2020  1:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/23/2020  2:10 PM
I wanted to take this time to apologize for my lack of perspective & reality on Reggie Bullock. He has so much value in a trade. Bullock is a career 40% shooter and was hitting 57% of his FGs. I wanted to show how those outstanding stats have flourished since then, in the month of January he has shot 31.5% 3pt and an outstanding 41.1% from the field, surely those numbers can't be sustained, but I remain hopeful like Martin. He hasn't had a FT attempt in 8 of 11 games while playing 25 mins per, but his FT% has improved.

Now, let's see if those outstanding numbers have held up to his career stats Martin mentioned, Career 40% 3s is actually 38.7% and 31.5% this season, his career FG% is 43.3% this season 41.1%, but he has hit 83.3% FTs above his career 82.8% for a total of 5 pts for the season. Again, I apologize for stating facts and living in reality and not living on past performance from a guy who has a career-high 62 games played in a season, 63 over his last 2 full seasons.

I hope he continues to add the Knicks winning ways with his clutch play and strong Martin fanbase.

P.S. Randle & Frank are such strong assets, getting a Drummond is so weak, I agree. Randle with his awesome 16.96 PER vs a weak Drummond and his 22.02 PER. Randle with his career-low FG% in January vs Drummond with his yearly consistency in FGs & REBs. Oh, and Frank, what a developing gem he is to this team. I wish all our PGs were as strong as him. His same minutes 3 years in a row and really no improvements, a joy to watch blossom, but hey his FT% is up a lot. Frank Ntilikina was 0-for-8 from the floor and didn’t score in 12 minutes vs the Lakers. He’s shooting 20 percent (7-for-35) over his past five games. I'll try to improve on my lack of perspective and living in reality, but it is so hard.

martin wrote:

Why would that not be an insta-trade? Some folks want out of Randle's contract, Drummond is basically expiring since he will turn down his option. Frank is a bench pg. Yes, signing Drummond would cost a lot, but he is a solid player and a New Yorker if I recall. Couldn't hurt to test him out here. At the beginning of the season, if asked who would most prefer, I think it would be Drummond over Randle. That is basically the trade.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/23/2020  2:10 PM
NYStateOfMind wrote:
I wanted to take this time to apologize for my lack of perspective & reality on Reggie Bullock. He has so much value in a trade. Bullock is a career 40% shooter and was hitting 57% of his FGs. I wanted to show how those outstanding stats have flourished since then, in the month of January he has shot 31.5% 3pt and an outstanding 41.1% from the field, surely those numbers can't be sustained, but I remain hopeful like Martin. He hasn't had a FT attempt in 8 of 11 games while playing 25 mins per, but his FT% has improved.

Now, let's see if those outstanding numbers have held up to his career stats Martin mentioned, Career 40% 3s is actually 38.7% and 31.5% this season, his career FG% is 43.3% this season 41.1%, but he has hit 83.3% FTs above his career 82.8% for a total of 5 pts for the season. Again, I apologize for stating facts and living in reality and not living on past performance from a guy who has a career-high 62 games played in a season, 63 over his last 2 full seasons.

I hope he continues to add the Knicks winning ways with his clutch play and strong Martin fanbase.

P.S. Randle & Frank are such strong assets, getting a Drummond is so weak, I agree. Randle with his awesome 16.96 PER vs a weak Drummond and his 22.02 PER. Randle with his career-low FG% in January vs Drummond with his yearly consistency in FGs & REBs. Oh, and Frank, what a developing gem he is to this team. I wish all our PGs were as strong as him. His same minutes 3 years in a row and really no improvements, a joy to watch blossom, but hey his FT% is up a lot. I'll try to improve on my lack of perspective and living in reality, but it is so hard.

martin wrote:

I'm not saying Bullock is a world beater, but the guy had a career true shooting percentage of 56% and shoots around 39% from three for his career. He's also coming off a long layoff. Maybe he deserves the benefit of the doubt? I agree Drummond is a beast, but that isn't really the question. The questions are how would fit in with Mitch, how many wins would he realistically add and the wisdom of giving up assets to a guy who will likely leave after the season.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
NYStateOfMind
Member: #5741
USA
1/23/2020  2:29 PM
What asset is lost to test Drummond out if we move Randle and Frank? I never suggested having Drummond makes the team drastically better, but there are a good amount of Knicks fan who don't like the prospect of Randle's multi-year deal given his play. I'll take the consistent rebounds over Randle's ridiculous erratic play. A true PG might fix Randle for this team, but we don't have one. We definitely lost games to Randle's type of wreckless play and dribbing, but Drummond's rebounding might have won some of them. Also comparing Drummond who would come on the cheap via a trade vs AD who didn't want to come here and would cost a fortune, isn't the right comparison not to grab a Drummond type player. Whatever shortcoming he has on defense, Mitch can make up for. To me, that is a scary frontcourt, adding RJ and Morris to that, plus a true PG in time would be a nice line-up as starters. Also, nothing from career stats state Bullock is durable as a short or long term solution. 125 games in 3 full seasons is basically a half a season player who isn't very impactful even when he does play. I hear less and less team interest in Frank every season that passes. Heck, DSJ has more interest and he rarely plays. IMHO

BigDaddyG wrote:
NYStateOfMind wrote:

P.S. Randle & Frank are such strong assets, getting a Drummond is so weak, I agree. Randle with his awesome 16.96 PER vs a weak Drummond and his 22.02 PER. Randle with his career-low FG% in January vs Drummond with his yearly consistency in FGs & REBs. Oh, and Frank, what a developing gem he is to this team. I wish all our PGs were as strong as him. His same minutes 3 years in a row and really no improvements, a joy to watch blossom, but hey his FT% is up a lot. I'll try to improve on my lack of perspective and living in reality, but it is so hard.

martin wrote:

I'm not saying Bullock is a world beater, but the guy had a career true shooting percentage of 56% and shoots around 39% from three for his career. He's also coming off a long layoff. Maybe he deserves the benefit of the doubt? I agree Drummond is a beast, but that isn't really the question. The questions are how would fit in with Mitch, how many wins would he realistically add and the wisdom of giving up assets to a guy who will likely leave after the season.

houston20
Member: #8797

1/23/2020  2:44 PM
Honestly mitch robinson better get his act together and get his offensive game together and stop committing stupid fouls otherwise drummond could take his spot. I could see if the knicks get number 1 pick and draft wiseman i could see the hawks trading there lottery pick for mitch robinson.
Knicks Inquired about Andre Drummond

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy