[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks Inquired about Andre Drummond
Author Thread
NBK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8667

1/11/2020  4:49 AM
I dont know man. What do you guys think? Would you move for Andre Drummond?
AUTOADVERT
fwk00
Member: #6048

1/12/2020  1:18 AM
Yes. Randle, Ellington, and DSJ for Drummond and Kennard.
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
1/12/2020  9:18 AM
How does he fit alongside Mitch? Probably worse than Randle.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/12/2020  10:49 AM
anrst wrote:How does he fit alongside Mitch? Probably worse than Randle.

Right, and he will take a chunk of his minutes.

I'm almost certain Mitch would be included

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/12/2020  11:45 AM
Pistons beat reporter said the Pistons contacted the Knicks to see if they were interested in trading for Drummond. Differs from Shams but I am hoping he is right.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/12/2020  12:19 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Pistons beat reporter said the Pistons contacted the Knicks to see if they were interested in trading for Drummond. Differs from Shams but I am hoping he is right.

An any case, the only person I've heard say that the talks are more than exploratory is Ian Begley. I'm not sure there's much to this rumor right now.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/12/2020  3:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/12/2020  3:44 PM
I could see a three team trade where the hornets get Drummond, the pistons get Randle and Frank, and we get Rozier and monk and/or Markieff Morris. Mills wanted to sign rozier and wanted to draft monk. Pistons want to build around Doumbouya which is why they want Frank
It would be a horrible trade. Hornets are interested in Drummond (makes more sense for them than us) and get out of Roziers contract (Devonte graham is playing better than anticipated)
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/12/2020  8:01 PM
smackeddog wrote:I could see a three team trade where the hornets get Drummond, the pistons get Randle and Frank, and we get Rozier and monk and/or Markieff Morris. Mills wanted to sign rozier and wanted to draft monk. Pistons want to build around Doumbouya which is why they want Frank
It would be a horrible trade. Hornets are interested in Drummond (makes more sense for them than us) and get out of Roziers contract (Devonte graham is playing better than anticipated)

Knicks won't do this trade. Eats cap space beyond 2 years and Rozier ain't worth it.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/13/2020  2:09 PM
Was thinking about this the other day. And there is no reason for the Knicks to have made it public that they were interested in Drummond. #1 it could create a bidding war with other clubs. #2 it will put their own players on edge without even having a deal go down.

Detroit and or Drummond has every reason to make this public though. And for it to become public tells me that they weren’t close on a deal even if information was exchanged.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
martin
USA
1/13/2020  2:31 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Was thinking about this the other day. And there is no reason for the Knicks to have made it public that they were interested in Drummond. #1 it could create a bidding war with other clubs. #2 it will put their own players on edge without even having a deal go down.

Detroit and or Drummond has every reason to make this public though. And for it to become public tells me that they weren’t close on a deal even if information was exchanged.

Exactly

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/13/2020  4:10 PM
Drummond is fantastic. He's not a max guy but he's really good. If Mitch pops he's easily moved. He's always healthy, a monster on the glass. He also lets you play smaller without getting hurt on the boards. I would not give up any of the young guys in the rotation. If they want to work with DSjr and Randle they can have a 2nd rounder as well. He's not a guy Im giving up picks and prospects for tho.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/13/2020  4:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2020  4:22 PM
Read ATL mostly offering expirings. As if "hey, your screwed either way and we not giving you a pick, we can wait until summer when you get bupkus".....
I'd think his agent would have a good idea what it will take to keep him and is there a destination in mind?
If he can be had and will resign here for a decent price I do for it but he has to know if mitch pops and he not happy he gets traded two years out.
If not cool, then pass. He is young and in two years he won't be "Old". competition from within is good and the best teams are the ones that keep moving players up and if need be, out either by trade or let them walk as free agents. We are not one of them but bring him in don't mean we give up on Mitch. Mitch is still raw and likely two years from having a rounded offensive game.
I like NBK's take.
NYStateOfMind
Member: #5741
USA
1/13/2020  7:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2020  7:27 PM
The Knicks have also entered the Andre Drummond sweepstakes, per multiple reports. According to Vince Ellis of the Detroit Free Press, the Pistons requested Julius Randle and Frank Ntilikina in a return package.

Why would that not be an insta-trade. Some folks want out of Randle's contract, Drummond is basically expiring since he will turn down his option. Frank is a bench pg. Yes, signing Drummond would cost a lot, but he is a solid player and a New Yorker if I recall. Couldn't hurt to test him out here. At the beginning of the season, if asked who would most prefer, I think it would be Drummond over Randle. That is basically the trade.

They have Markieff and some stated they might want to trade for Kennard. I like Bullock, but he isn't shooting the 3 as high % and his FT% isn't great. Just don't give up picks in the trade and it is a win IMO.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/13/2020  8:09 PM
LOL, I am too vested in Frank to let him go!
smackeddog
1/14/2020  4:52 AM
NYStateOfMind wrote:The Knicks have also entered the Andre Drummond sweepstakes, per multiple reports. According to Vince Ellis of the Detroit Free Press, the Pistons requested Julius Randle and Frank Ntilikina in a return package.

Why would that not be an insta-trade. Some folks want out of Randle's contract, Drummond is basically expiring since he will turn down his option. Frank is a bench pg. Yes, signing Drummond would cost a lot, but he is a solid player and a New Yorker if I recall. Couldn't hurt to test him out here. At the beginning of the season, if asked who would most prefer, I think it would be Drummond over Randle. That is basically the trade.

They have Markieff and some stated they might want to trade for Kennard. I like Bullock, but he isn't shooting the 3 as high % and his FT% isn't great. Just don't give up picks in the trade and it is a win IMO.

Because what do you gain by trading for him? You either let him walk, in which case you gave up Frank for nothing (and in the meantime halted Mitch's development), or you sign him to a max in which case, a)you clog up a huge chunk of cap at a position that shouldn't get a huge chunk of cap, b) you're stuck with a max player who doesn't shoot or defend AND c) you screw over Mitch, who can't play alongside Drummond, has a bigger impact on the game (rather than empty stats) and is a whole lot cheaper and can defend.

martin
USA
1/14/2020  10:02 AM
NYStateOfMind wrote:The Knicks have also entered the Andre Drummond sweepstakes, per multiple reports. According to Vince Ellis of the Detroit Free Press, the Pistons requested Julius Randle and Frank Ntilikina in a return package.

Can we add some perspective and a hint of reality to posts?

Bullock is an 80% career FT shooter. This year he has shot 2 FTs and missed 1.

Bullock is also a career 40% 3pt shooter. His eFG% is 57% right now which is outstanding. His small sample size with only 7 games played this year after missing end of summer, training camp, and most of season is vast.

Also, you don't give away value in trades without a guarantee of getting something back, you just don't test a player out for a couple of months; Randle/Frank for Drummond is a weak trade.

smackeddog
1/14/2020  11:00 AM
martin wrote:

Bullock is also a career 40% 3pt shooter. His eFG% is 57% right now which is outstanding. His small sample size with only 7 games played this year after missing end of summer, training camp, and most of season is vast.

Also, you don't give away value in trades without a guarantee of getting something back, you just don't test a player out for a couple of months; Randle/Frank for Drummond is a weak trade.

I don't think we should trade him, but I do think Bullock is an underrated trade piece by Knick fans (we seem to be obsessed with Marcus Morris, and also presumed he'd not play this year)- good shooter and very nice contract.

NYStateOfMind
USA
1/14/2020  3:03 PM
martin wrote:

Perspective here, those aren't his numbers this season. Under 40% 3s and 50% ft.

martin
USA
1/14/2020  3:22 PM
NYStateOfMind wrote:
martin wrote:

Perspective here, those aren't his numbers this season. Under 40% 3s and 50% ft.

Are you trying to embarrass yourself something silly?

NYStateOfMind
USA
1/15/2020  10:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/15/2020  10:38 AM
Are you? Check out his stats against the bucks. Case closed. Now don't be a rude disrespect child. Don't go away mad and defeated, just go away or live in the past. Case sealed.

martin wrote:
NYStateOfMind wrote:
martin wrote:

Are you trying to embarrass yourself something silly?

Knicks Inquired about Andre Drummond

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy