AUTOADVERT
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/14/2020  11:15 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Rookie wrote:
martin wrote:

Smart move. After Wooten’s impressive SL and Rabb’s no show for unknown reasons, I was surprised Wooten didn’t get the 2 way contract to begin with.

I remember when the Knicks backed out of their deal with Wilkes that Wooten was upset he didn’t get the two way. Berman reporting Rabb was signed on Fiz’s recommendation.

Ah yes, that’s right it was Wilkes. I was surprised at the time we didn’t lock him up. I’m glad we got this right. He was hella fun to watch. Now he can chill in the G league a little longer and get some burn with the big Knicks after the AS break

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/14/2020  4:04 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TheGame
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1154
USA
1/14/2020  4:49 PM
The real question is what type of on-ball defender Wooten can be. It is great that he blocks shots but can he guard on switches. I would assume he is a solid defender but I have not watched his games. He will need to develop a jumpshot and prove he can guard he perimeter before he gets any real minutes on the main team but I so like his potential. Ben Wallace was a low level no skill shotblocker his first couple of years who turned himself into an allstar. Hope this kid can stick.
Trust the Process
martin
USA
1/14/2020  4:50 PM
TheGame wrote:The real question is what type of on-ball defender Wooten can be. It is great that he blocks shots but can he guard on switches. I would assume he is a solid defender but I have not watched his games. He will need to develop a jumpshot and prove he can guard he perimeter before he gets any real minutes on the main team but I so like his potential. Ben Wallace was a low level no skill shotblocker his first couple of years who turned himself into an allstar. Hope this kid can stick.

+1

93BUICK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1175
USA
1/14/2020  5:43 PM
He's the kind of guy I think Mike Miller will use wisely- Upside- and fun to watch-
May this thread go 200 pages long - count me in on the Wooten Clan :)
If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/14/2020  6:05 PM
martin wrote:
TheGame wrote:The real question is what type of on-ball defender Wooten can be. It is great that he blocks shots but can he guard on switches. I would assume he is a solid defender but I have not watched his games. He will need to develop a jumpshot and prove he can guard he perimeter before he gets any real minutes on the main team but I so like his potential. Ben Wallace was a low level no skill shotblocker his first couple of years who turned himself into an allstar. Hope this kid can stick.

+1

Hahaha...the thing with Ben is he was bounced around before a team finally gave him a shot out of desperation. I'm hopeful he develops and becomes a player while he's still a Knick.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
1/14/2020  7:15 PM
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/14/2020  7:23 PM
martin wrote:

If only he could leap higher..Damn! Like blkexec said, looking for Mitch and Wooten to put on a show
in transition. We'll see which PG makes the best use of that tandem, when we see it. Hopefully soon, lol.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/14/2020  8:27 PM
Dude is an extraterrestrial athlete.....My god!!!
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/15/2020  9:46 AM
Uptown wrote:Dude is an extraterrestrial athlete.....My god!!!

WTF..he's a damn Kangaroo...lol

ES
martin
USA
1/15/2020  10:22 PM
Nice

https://nypost.com/2020/01/15/knicks-new-freak-kenny-wooten-has-rj-barrett-in-awe/

Ahead of the Jan. 15 deadline to sign players to two-way contracts, other teams were reportedly interested in Wooten, but he said he only had one focus.

“I heard I got some interest, but I wasn’t really talking to anybody other than the Knicks,” he said. “I’ve always felt like this is home. I knew it was going to be an opportunity given here. I felt like I just had to wait my turn. I felt like I really bought into the whole system. They told me they had a plan for me, so I just always believed in that. I feel like I’m going on the right path.”

blkexec
Member: #748
1/16/2020  2:35 AM
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:Wooten has momentum changing plays. He doesn't just block shots, he grabs the ball out the air. Head is above the rim. He's the perfect side show Dolan needs to increase a few ticket sales. I can see him and Mitch running on the fast break catching alley's.

Wooten is the perfect end of the bench type player, who will also be a great practice type athlete to play against.

Wooten is also a player that does not shoot the ball with range. So he really can't play with Mitch and probably needs a small ball lineup with shooters at the PF/SF slots.

Yes, I agree....But I still think for small stretchs in a game....Mitch and Wootens intangibles, athleticism, etc....will lead to turnovers, blocks and fast breaks. Call them the momentum swingers. Their energy and above the rim play would make up for their lack of shooting in half court, only in small stretchs.....Not for an entire game, I agree with you!

But I've seen Wooten at least shoot a mid range shot. I haven't seen Mitch shoot anything in a game (except pickup ball). So the half court offense will look ok, if Wooten can bring that same mid range Westchester jumper to the NBA.

But I'm relying more on their transistion offense, transistion defense and half court defense, as far as their impact on the game.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
Member: #748
1/16/2020  2:45 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

If only he could leap higher..Damn! Like blkexec said, looking for Mitch and Wooten to put on a show
in transition. We'll see which PG makes the best use of that tandem, when we see it. Hopefully soon, lol.

Gus....I'm just seeing this clip now. I've seen some of those highlights, but this guy will raise the energy level of Mitch and other athletes. His timing and instincts is special on those blocks. 6'8 is a good size to play multiple positions, and guard thos high pick and roll plays. He has enough latteral quickness to guard multiple players and hops to make up for this height, if he plays PF or small ball.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/16/2020  10:59 AM
He can jump, he can fly, He can dunk, he can block.
Can he play basketball? Exciting leaper and can only hope this 21 year old can take that athletic ability to the next level. This is another piece of developmental process. Given the percentages there be will fall out.
LIke who?

Lets tell a tale of one Ron Baker. Remember him, a second round pick after a promising rookie year where he earned fans excitement we gave him two years at 4mil per. Injuries set him back and he lost his shot. Hard working, great attitude and he writes childrens books, now playing in Moscow making $550,000.
Some of you fans thought in hindsight this contract ruined the knicks.
Trier signed a 7mm deal last year, or $3.5 mil a year. He was not drafted and after a great start he earned that contract and the excitement of fans. I did not break down his stats but since that moment his stats seem to have fallen pretty bad. Nalod, being an eternal optimist thought "coach was shown he had NBA offensive game but it was time for him to play more team concept ball, defense, passing, etc" With that peace of mind having secured a nice two year contract he could "round out his game" without having to prove he belonged.

In 41 games he will be a free agent. He is riding the pine on a team that has only won 11 games at the halfway point. A team whose weakest link is the guard position. Tomorrow ISO Zo will turn 24 years old. Not old, but next year 21 year olds Frank and Dennis have contracts. Knicks are saying all the right things about him regarding his work ethic and on bench attitude. Sadly its not translating.

Kenny Wooten is next up. Its not a waste when there is fall out. Its actually progress. Its quantifiable when it starts adding to win totals or they become trade assets. NBA is a tough business!

knicks1248
Member: #582
1/16/2020  11:04 AM
The Knicks recalled Ignas Brazdeikis from G-League Westchester. During Westchester’s back-to-back on Friday and Saturday, the rookie combined to score 45 points (on 18 of 35 shooting) while adding 23 rebounds and 10 assists.

why is ellington getting minutes ahead of this kid

ES
GustavBahler

1/16/2020  11:08 AM
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

Gus....I'm just seeing this clip now. I've seen some of those highlights, but this guy will raise the energy level of Mitch and other athletes. His timing and instincts is special on those blocks. 6'8 is a good size to play multiple positions, and guard thos high pick and roll plays. He has enough latteral quickness to guard multiple players and hops to make up for this height, if he plays PF or small ball.

Dont doubt Wooten will raise the energy level. Off the charts athleticism. Hope our PGs can make the most of his skill set. Not that I want to see the Knicks take on CP3's contract, but imagine what Paul could do with a player with Wooten's skill set. Hope our PGs can make something out of a Mitch/Wooten tandem.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/16/2020  11:16 AM
Love this dude. Looks like a young Dennis Rodman. Really bouncy. We can have him and Mitch be like Salley and Rodman of the Bad Boys days.
GustavBahler

1/16/2020  11:22 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
The Knicks recalled Ignas Brazdeikis from G-League Westchester. During Westchester’s back-to-back on Friday and Saturday, the rookie combined to score 45 points (on 18 of 35 shooting) while adding 23 rebounds and 10 assists.

why is ellington getting minutes ahead of this kid

I doubt Ellington will be getting minutes if he's playing like this after the All-Star break, at least I hope not. Believe Ellington is getting the minutes in part, out of respect for him being a vet. Miller is trying to establish himself as a head coach, believe he wants to show he gives vets a fair chance to be in the rotation. Understandable to a point.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/16/2020  11:31 AM
this is a great development project
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Westchester Knicks player Kenny Wooten Jr

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy