[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mike Miller Appreciation Thread
Author Thread
JesseDark
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #467
1/2/2020  9:21 PM
Guess Fizdale is being exposed as more cheerleader than coach. A Cheerleader for superstars.
Bring back dee-fense
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/2/2020  10:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/2/2020  10:29 PM
IF mike gets the JOB perm, I wonder would he add JVG to his staff?

Or is JVG to pride full and experience to be an assistant, considering Miller was on JVG Olympic staff as an assistant.

Some how mike miller reminds me so much of JVG

ES
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/3/2020  12:41 AM
knicks1248 wrote:IF mike gets the JOB perm, I wonder would he add JVG to his staff?

Or is JVG to pride full and experience to be an assistant, considering Miller was on JVG Olympic staff as an assistant.

read your comments from page 1 of this thread. smh.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
foosballnick
Member: #3148

1/3/2020  9:43 AM
knicks1248 wrote:IF mike gets the JOB perm, I wonder would he add JVG to his staff?

Why would JVG leave his job with ABC/ESPN for an assistant gig?

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/3/2020  10:05 AM
Cartman718 wrote:

read your comments from page 1 of this thread. smh.

that pretty much sums up his attention span
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
1/3/2020  10:41 AM
foosballnick wrote:

I'm just wishful thinking..I'm well aware this is very far fetch.

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/3/2020  11:00 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
foosballnick wrote:

I'm just wishful thinking..I'm well aware this is very far fetch.

nah man... maybe both the Van Gundy's could come in and be assistants. That would be awesome
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/3/2020  11:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2020  11:34 AM
Miller came from modest tree but did spend time with SAS as an assistant with the TORO's.
JVG was coaching Gleague players so Miller as his assistant made sense for many reasons.
He is balding. JVG is.
Both got promoted mid season.
Rainman is one sharp crayon!

This guy is not bolting for another NBA head job so we don't have to lock him up. If this guy can keep this up and finish .500 in his tenure as interim I would support his being retained on a three year deal with 4th team option.
Regarding Fiz, the whole thing is regrettable that he did not work out. He had a great personality/charasmatic and was well liked in the league. But he does not have the chops technically. I think the players liked him too for the most part. Not all, and Im sure he had issues.
That was then and Miller is now. Hope for all the idiocy of starphuching in the past to hire coaches we instead actually instead have a nice "Development". If so its on the knicks front office that we hire a Gleague guy, promote him and then further as head coach.
Surprised the Rainman likes this dude. This hire is on Mills and Perry! LOL
Good for Knicks is whats good by me!!!! Even a drunk uncle has to like winning!!!!

stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

1/3/2020  11:31 AM
Good article on Forbes from Tommy Beer on why the Knicks are so much better under Miller: https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/01/03/knicks-numbers-a-look-at-why-new-york-has-played-so-much-better-under-mike-miller/#6bc6bccb7145. Key points, all quotes from the article.

Defense. The Knicks have held each of their last three opponents to 100 points or less while shooting below 40% from the floor. Per Basketball-Reference, It’s been more than 15 years since New York matched those numbers in three straight victories, and it’s just the second time this century. Per Ben Falk of Cleaningtheglass.com, “Before Miller took over, the Knicks forced the 2nd fewest midrange shots and had the 3rd worst defensive shot profile in the league. Since then, they’ve done a great job keeping opponents away from the rim and have the 4th *best* defensive shot profile.”

Offense. In the 22 games the team played under Fizdale, the Knicks ranked dead last in the NBA in Offensive Rating, scoring fewer than 102 points per 100 possessions (every other team in the league posted an OffRtg of at least 103.5). Over the Knicks last ten games, New York ranks in the top-10 on Offensive Rating, scoring 111 points per 100 possessions.

Pace - from 27th under Fiz to 12th under Miller
Turnovers - from 19th under Fiz to 4th under Miller

The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
Nalod
USA
1/3/2020  11:35 AM
stanleybostitch wrote:Good article on Forbes from Tommy Beer on why the Knicks are so much better under Miller: https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/01/03/knicks-numbers-a-look-at-why-new-york-has-played-so-much-better-under-mike-miller/#6bc6bccb7145. Key points, all quotes from the article.

Defense. The Knicks have held each of their last three opponents to 100 points or less while shooting below 40% from the floor. Per Basketball-Reference, It’s been more than 15 years since New York matched those numbers in three straight victories, and it’s just the second time this century. Per Ben Falk of Cleaningtheglass.com, “Before Miller took over, the Knicks forced the 2nd fewest midrange shots and had the 3rd worst defensive shot profile in the league. Since then, they’ve done a great job keeping opponents away from the rim and have the 4th *best* defensive shot profile.”

Offense. In the 22 games the team played under Fizdale, the Knicks ranked dead last in the NBA in Offensive Rating, scoring fewer than 102 points per 100 possessions (every other team in the league posted an OffRtg of at least 103.5). Over the Knicks last ten games, New York ranks in the top-10 on Offensive Rating, scoring 111 points per 100 possessions.

Pace - from 27th under Fiz to 12th under Miller
Turnovers - from 19th under Fiz to 4th under Miller

Nice stats. You get good stats when you win more games!!! I hope this continues and he earns that gig full time!!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/3/2020  12:09 PM

No player has benefited more for the coaching change than Julius Randle. After signing a three-year, $63 million deal with the Knicks this past summer, Randle struggled to make a positive first impression in NYC. Through the Knicks’ first 22 games, he averaged 16.8 points and 8.5 rebounds while shooting just 44.2% from the floor, 24.1% from downtown and 66.1% from the charity stripe.

Over his last ten games, Randle is averaging 24.0 points and 10.0 boards while shooting 49.4% from the floor, 39.3% from 3-point range and 79.2% from the FT line. Dating back to Dec. 10, only three other NBA players are averaging at least 20 points and ten rebounds: Anthony Davis, Giannis Antetokounmpo and Joel Embiid.

In total, Randle True Shooting Percentage jumped from 51.6% under Fizdale to 59.7% under Miller. No longer asked to facilitate the offense as frequently, Randle’s turnovers have also dropped precipitously (from a TO Rate of 17% to under 10%).

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
1/3/2020  12:13 PM
martin wrote:

No player has benefited more for the coaching change than Julius Randle. After signing a three-year, $63 million deal with the Knicks this past summer, Randle struggled to make a positive first impression in NYC. Through the Knicks’ first 22 games, he averaged 16.8 points and 8.5 rebounds while shooting just 44.2% from the floor, 24.1% from downtown and 66.1% from the charity stripe.

Over his last ten games, Randle is averaging 24.0 points and 10.0 boards while shooting 49.4% from the floor, 39.3% from 3-point range and 79.2% from the FT line. Dating back to Dec. 10, only three other NBA players are averaging at least 20 points and ten rebounds: Anthony Davis, Giannis Antetokounmpo and Joel Embiid.

In total, Randle True Shooting Percentage jumped from 51.6% under Fizdale to 59.7% under Miller. No longer asked to facilitate the offense as frequently, Randle’s turnovers have also dropped precipitously (from a TO Rate of 17% to under 10%).

In the last 12 games the knicks have outscored their opponent 50% of the time!
Also.........
In the last 12 games the knicks have held their opponent under their point total also 50% of the time!!!

knicks1248
1/3/2020  1:34 PM
What's crazy is that Mike didn't change much it's just seems like the the ball movement is more precise and and quicker, the defensive effort is much more in-your-face as oppose to the lazy and confuse effort under fiz, the spacing is sooooo much better and more discipline, they read the defense better, if the shots not there they pass off for a better one, nobody is playing HERO BALL.

Just tweaks that have seem to make a big difference.

ES
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/3/2020  2:00 PM
I cannot for the life of me remember the last coach we had under whom we were so good comparing to the rest of the league, Woodson that one year with all the vets, Lenny Wilkins had a short but pruductive stint and the only one that really comes to mind is JVG, like it has been said. I really hope we keep Miller long term.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/3/2020  2:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2020  2:29 PM
knicks1248 wrote:What's crazy is that Mike didn't change much it's just seems like the the ball movement is more precise and and quicker, the defensive effort is much more in-your-face as oppose to the lazy and confuse effort under fiz, the spacing is sooooo much better and more discipline, they read the defense better, if the shots not there they pass off for a better one, nobody is playing HERO BALL.

Just tweaks that have seem to make a big difference.

Miller for sure added some things to the picture. Especially his experience with player development in GL.
But it is a result of the group of strangers finally start being a team who have a feel for each other on the court.
And of course the result of the development and gained experience of our young players. Row talent must be mold into NBA skill set and this takes years and playing time.
The main difference is Fiz has unrealistic expectations attached to him and translated to the team. Miller has non so any progress will be considered as success.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/3/2020  3:36 PM
We are in a 3 way tie for 12th place in the east right now. Slowly but surely. 5 games away from 8th
knicks1248
1/3/2020  4:29 PM
ramtour420 wrote:I cannot for the life of me remember the last coach we had under whom we were so good comparing to the rest of the league, Woodson that one year with all the vets, Lenny Wilkins had a short but pruductive stint and the only one that really comes to mind is JVG, like it has been said. I really hope we keep Miller long term.

Perhaps if Mike had more input under fizdale, he would still have job

ES
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/3/2020  4:57 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:I cannot for the life of me remember the last coach we had under whom we were so good comparing to the rest of the league, Woodson that one year with all the vets, Lenny Wilkins had a short but pruductive stint and the only one that really comes to mind is JVG, like it has been said. I really hope we keep Miller long term.

Nah... somebody have to be scapegoated. Fiz was the perfect candidate.
And he get long paid vacation for that.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/3/2020  5:14 PM
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

scapegoated? r u f**king kidding me? tell me 1 thing this guy brought to the table as a coach.

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/3/2020  5:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2020  5:45 PM
Marv wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

scapegoated? r u f**king kidding me? tell me 1 thing this guy brought to the table as a coach.

The contrast between Miller and Fizdale is mind-boggling. To go from last place in the league in a few categories to become one of the teams in the better half of the league is just crazy.... It cannot be only that they are jelling all of a sudden. Even tho it has to be a part of the picture but it's just such a huge difference. Miller is on his way to becoming the most liked and most effective coach of the century. Just wait until we make the playoffs.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Mike Miller Appreciation Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy