[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mike Miller Appreciation Thread
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/24/2019  12:00 PM
There is a puzzle. Frank, Knox and Dennis all have shown talent and I find it hard to believe that all three are repressed to this degree. We can reason all we want and do the blame thing but SMH at the occurances.
That DSjr really does look like Steve Francis, but the end of career Steve Francis!!! That Knox still has that teenage apathy thing and Frank is so damn nice!
His comments about his demotion are all good, but part of me wants him to go to his trunk, get out a 2x4 piece of wood and at least threaten someone out of blind rage at either himself or the coach! Maybe "Im done going to the Phuching corner!!!! Give me the damn ball!!!"
AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/24/2019  3:33 PM
Nalod wrote:There is a puzzle. Frank, Knox and Dennis all have shown talent and I find it hard to believe that all three are repressed to this degree. We can reason all we want and do the blame thing but SMH at the occurances.
That DSjr really does look like Steve Francis, but the end of career Steve Francis!!! That Knox still has that teenage apathy thing and Frank is so damn nice!
His comments about his demotion are all good, but part of me wants him to go to his trunk, get out a 2x4 piece of wood and at least threaten someone out of blind rage at either himself or the coach! Maybe "Im done going to the Phuching corner!!!! Give me the damn ball!!!"

They do have talent but to what degree?
All players who reached NBA have talent.
So its about taking it to the next level - to be the best among the best.
Very few have what it takes and many will fail off.
That's why team need many tries to get the players who can make a difference.
Rebuild is a long affair and we just started it.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/29/2019  9:58 AM
After 11 games Mike has more wins than Fiz had after 25 wins, and Randle looks soooo much better under Mike.
ES
arkrud
USA
12/29/2019  7:09 PM
knicks1248 wrote:After 11 games Mike has more wins than Fiz had after 25 wins, and Randle looks soooo much better under Mike.

But it's Mills and Perry who gave Mike the opportunity... Something should be wrong about it...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
12/30/2019  10:57 AM
knicks1248 wrote:After 11 games Mike has more wins than Fiz had after 25 wins, and Randle looks soooo much better under Mike.

Yeah, it's amazing - addition by subtraction. Fizdale "probably" pushed Randle out of his comfort zone and has made him a better player in the long haul. Instead of being a just a more athletic Z-Bo, he worked on his handle and passing in real game scenarios (with markedly mixed results). But he's looked more confident and purposeful on the floor with Miller - the game probably feels easy now.

Outside of a few blips, we're basically winning most of the games we're supposed to win and generally competing in loses, plus a few blow outs.

With Fizdale, we competed a lot but didn't come out with wins OR we got blown out a lot.

At the beginning of the season I thought the Vegas line of 30 wins was easily achievable. While I didn't expect us to be a juggernaut, I thought we had the tools to be a near .500 team.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/30/2019  12:51 PM
technomaster wrote:

Yeah, it's amazing - addition by subtraction. Fizdale "probably" pushed Randle out of his comfort zone and has made him a better player in the long haul. Instead of being a just a more athletic Z-Bo, he worked on his handle and passing in real game scenarios (with markedly mixed results). But he's looked more confident and purposeful on the floor with Miller - the game probably feels easy now.

Outside of a few blips, we're basically winning most of the games we're supposed to win and generally competing in loses, plus a few blow outs.

With Fizdale, we competed a lot but didn't come out with wins OR we got blown out a lot.

At the beginning of the season I thought the Vegas line of 30 wins was easily achievable. While I didn't expect us to be a juggernaut, I thought we had the tools to be a near .500 team.

I think you may be right here on Fiz's intent with Randle but he obviously made a glaring error: You got to establish and hone what a player and team can do before adding additional responsibility otherwise you get a ****show. That's like leadership 101

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
arkrud
USA
12/30/2019  5:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/30/2019  5:22 PM
martin wrote:
technomaster wrote:

I think you may be right here on Fiz's intent with Randle but he obviously made a glaring error: You got to establish and hone what a player and team can do before adding additional responsibility otherwise you get a ****show. That's like leadership 101

I think Fiz was told by FO sorry man we did not made a splash in FA this year... Please give us another shot at lottery, develop youth, and raze the trade value of expendables.
But then they realize that this is not Fiz forte... and there is no guaranty that this summer will produce different result.
Mike is much better option for the goals we have at hand.

Kemet
Member: #6148

12/30/2019  11:28 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Obviously Mike Miller should get the rest of the season to have a fair shot, but this lost really didn't do him any good. The Wiz aren't even a good team at full strength, and to let a bunch of unknown players, with G league stats to come into the Garden and run us out with a ZONE DEFENSE, a team that missed 13 FT is un-acceptable.
It is definitely worth reading Kerberos article if you haven’t. It sold me on Miller. I also heard him on the bank shot podcast. In regards to last night, I keep wondering if the Knicks missed Morris’s leadership and if that contributed to the awful showing.

I read that article a few days ago and like I said, Mike has the opportunity to show what he's got, BUT WHEN YOU READ QUOTES LIKE THIS

I thought our approach the whole day was terrible. From shootaround on. I think we had a bad approach as a team, collective, from top to bottom, myself included," Randle said.

We had a lack of focus. I don't know what it was, it may have been a day off or something. But I feel like we was a little sluggish and that usually leads into the game. It's just the basketball gods," Damyean Doston said. Later, he added, "We'd seen that (Washington) had guys out and I think our focus went out the window. So we've got to have better focus."

That should NEVER Happen,

Ah .. it's the Holidays .. family & friends .. let the GLeague players get a NBA win for the holidays

Kemet
Member: #6148

12/30/2019  11:50 PM
arkrud wrote:
Nalod wrote:There is a puzzle. Frank, Knox and Dennis all have shown talent and I find it hard to believe that all three are repressed to this degree. We can reason all we want and do the blame thing but SMH at the occurances.

They do have talent but to what degree?
All players who reached NBA have talent.
So its about taking it to the next level - to be the best among the best.
Very few have what it takes and many will fail off.
That's why team need many tries to get the players who can make a difference.
Rebuild is a long affair and we just started it.

Our inexperience rookie RJ Barrett minutes are the biggest problem in the guard rotation!

Payton coming back shouldn't have been put in the starter lineup so soon, especially when Payton had the bench lineup Dotson/Knox/Portis/MitchRob clicking so well to receive more minutes then what it was getting.
Plus Frank as a Starter were starting to gather more confidence in keeping the ball out of Randle's hands.
Randle being the Knicks first option on offense is not a good thing .. Randle has way more weak-areas in his performance than in his strong areas.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/31/2019  12:21 PM
Layers. Fiz might have done some good. Its ok. Miller is more authoritarian and able to implement what fiz started with more immediacy.
Not liking Paytons recent turnover thing but its likely they are making changes and Payton was rusty to begin with.
What ever we are doing Randle looks really good. If we started the season this way we'd be pretty darn happy. Kudo's to the fans who called out Fiz. Even to the Rainman. If a clock can be correct twice in 24 hours so can Knicks1248.
Our PG is abysmal. Frank is not a starter material but neither is Payton for that matter. He is just more advanced than frank so he brings more. AKA, better starter for us.
Either Morris is being held back or is injured a bit.
Dennis should be held out until 100%. That injury is bad and he looks it. His career is not going well.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/31/2019  2:20 PM
Kemet wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Obviously Mike Miller should get the rest of the season to have a fair shot, but this lost really didn't do him any good. The Wiz aren't even a good team at full strength, and to let a bunch of unknown players, with G league stats to come into the Garden and run us out with a ZONE DEFENSE, a team that missed 13 FT is un-acceptable.
It is definitely worth reading Kerberos article if you haven’t. It sold me on Miller. I also heard him on the bank shot podcast. In regards to last night, I keep wondering if the Knicks missed Morris’s leadership and if that contributed to the awful showing.

I read that article a few days ago and like I said, Mike has the opportunity to show what he's got, BUT WHEN YOU READ QUOTES LIKE THIS

I thought our approach the whole day was terrible. From shootaround on. I think we had a bad approach as a team, collective, from top to bottom, myself included," Randle said.

We had a lack of focus. I don't know what it was, it may have been a day off or something. But I feel like we was a little sluggish and that usually leads into the game. It's just the basketball gods," Damyean Doston said. Later, he added, "We'd seen that (Washington) had guys out and I think our focus went out the window. So we've got to have better focus."

That should NEVER Happen,

Ah .. it's the Holidays .. family & friends .. let the GLeague players get a NBA win for the holidays

That g league team beat the Heat last night.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/1/2020  9:47 PM
Miller's 6-6 since taking over -- anyone here would have predicted that? Not me. And a few of those losses were very close. Beat a good team tonight. Keep it going.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/1/2020  9:50 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Miller's 6-6 since taking over -- anyone here would have predicted that? Not me. And a few of those losses were very close. Beat a good team tonight. Keep it going.

I would have.

stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

1/1/2020  9:54 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Miller's 6-6 since taking over -- anyone here would have predicted that? Not me. And a few of those losses were very close. Beat a good team tonight. Keep it going.

I see us climbing into the 30's for wins -maybe 40. If we keep it up we could sneak into the playoffs in the weak East.

The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/1/2020  9:57 PM
I love when a team improves when their coach gets a break in the schedule and gets some practice time to work with his team.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TPercy
Member: #5748

1/1/2020  9:57 PM
Fizdale was a horrible coach. I really want a proper look at what Fizdale was doing at practice.
The Future is Bright!
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/1/2020  10:00 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I love when a team improves when their coach gets a break in the schedule and gets some practice time to work with his team.

I don't think Fiz deserves all the blame or Miller all the credit, but it's a significant upsurge.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/1/2020  10:03 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I love when a team improves when their coach gets a break in the schedule and gets some practice time to work with his team.

I don't think Fiz deserves all the blame or Miller all the credit, but it's a significant upsurge.

No one wants to blame anyone but the reality is Miller is good.

martin
USA
1/1/2020  10:35 PM
martin
USA
1/1/2020  11:01 PM
Mike Miller Appreciation Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy