[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KP trade is only going to get worse for the Knicks...
Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/17/2020  1:43 PM
Nalod wrote:How long? I'd say 5 years! His contract with extension. By then Dennis will be 26 and the draft picks executed.
Morris and Randle raise their value is a good thing.
But we are not winning games. There in lies the rub.

Ummmm, we weren't winning many games with him, either. The rub is we ain't got a Doncic. Or anything even close.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/17/2020  2:55 PM
The good knee, last played 12/29:

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/17/2020  3:01 PM
I think most would agree KP is a 60 game a year type of guy. The question is is he healthy in the post season and does he play well there. If he does nobody will ever give a poo. Camby was like that. Dude was always hurt but he always looked springy in the playoffs and had many impact series
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
1/17/2020  3:06 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/17/2020  3:50 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Imagine maxing this guy? Then we'd have to listen to Stephen A. Smith go on about how we should have gave him an incentive laden contract.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/17/2020  4:13 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

KP was always an injury risk and I said 2 yrs ago when he got injured that i wouldn't max him out until he came back and prove he could play at least 70 games..

The fatigue thing was enough for me to take him off the franchise talent list, the injuries was further proof that he wasn't a max player yet.

But hey, even 100% healthy players are sitting out for no real reason

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/17/2020  5:14 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
1/17/2020  6:12 PM
Yeah, the silver lining of trading KP is that the Knicks may have dodged a bullet by not locking him in for a long term max deal. That would have completely handcuffed the Knicks. (You might say having bad players and bad coaches has handcuffed the team too... and I suppose you can blame practically everything on the front office... then we say we can blame it all on Dolan)

Camby is an interesting health comparison. The first time he cracked the 70 game mark was at the ripe old age of 29. Holy crap! In 17 seasons (including an age 38 Knick return), he broke 70 games played only *4* times - he was healthiest at ages 32-35 (averaged 74 games during that stretch).

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

1/18/2020  2:46 AM
KP can never play a minute again and that trade will still be awful. Don't tell yourself otherwise.
"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/18/2020  3:34 AM
JamesKPolk wrote:KP can never play a minute again and that trade will still be awful. Don't tell yourself otherwise.

Bit of an exaggeration

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
1/18/2020  8:15 AM
Freaking Doncic had to be this good this early messing up our future picks.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

1/18/2020  9:46 AM
JamesKPolk wrote:KP can never play a minute again and that trade will still be awful. Don't tell yourself otherwise.

That's just pure hate right there. No logic, just 'lolKnicks' stupidity.

The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/18/2020  11:41 AM

Until we see what is done with the cap space, which we get back soon. What they do with the draft picks. What happens to Smith jr, what we get for him, if traded. You're guessing like everyone else.

fwk00
Member: #6048

1/18/2020  12:27 PM

The Knicks were damned lucky to get what they did. DSJ and KP were both risky, damaged goods who had high upsides if the risk was eventually unrealized.

The tedious, chronic whining about this is just unbearable.

I salute the front-office for the KP trade because they did, in one fell swoop, what many of us had hoped but silently doubted should happen - a.) not resign a gimpy, anemic KP to a massive long-term contract AND create some cap space AND land a few FRPs. Mission accomplished!

Furthermore, the FO deserves Big Ball kudos in passing on Kyrie and Durant who are looking more and more like a toxic, contagious bad trip for the Nets [and all the MSM toadies who just scorched the Knicks as being pathetic losers of the summer sweepstakes].

Now, the summer signings have yet to play out but it wasn't a wholesale bust despite our record - probably polluted by bad advice from Fizzle Twit. This coming trade deadline should make course corrections. And those two extra FRPs are yet to be determined.

So, tell yourself otherwise but this is the truth, Ruth.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/18/2020  1:11 PM
fwk00 wrote:

The Knicks were damned lucky to get what they did. DSJ and KP were both risky, damaged goods who had high upsides if the risk was eventually unrealized.

I salute the front-office for the KP trade because they did, in one fell swoop, what many of us had hoped but silently doubted should happen - a.) not resign a gimpy, anemic KP to a massive long-term contract AND create some cap space AND land a few FRPs. Mission accomplished!

Furthermore, the FO deserves Big Ball kudos in passing on Kyrie and Durant who are looking more and more like a toxic, contagious bad trip for the Nets [and all the MSM toadies who just scorched the Knicks as being pathetic losers of the summer sweepstakes].

Now, the summer signings have yet to play out but it wasn't a wholesale bust despite our record - probably polluted by bad advice from Fizzle Twit. This coming trade deadline should make course corrections. And those two extra FRPs are yet to be determined.

+1

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/18/2020  2:04 PM
fwk00 wrote:

I agree with your general points, except for the bolded parts. I think it's pretty clear we didn't pass on Kyrie and KD's talents, but they passed on us. And it made sense. Despite the crap we hear from the talking heads, the fact is the Nets were a more competitive team and seemed ready to make the jump. So far, it looks like Kyrie and KD did us a favor. As talented as Kyrie is, he was probably the last thing they needed with Russell, Levert and Dinwiddie. And I'm not even bringing up chemistry. I'm not saying Russell is better than Kyrie. But he seemed to blend in with that team smoothly.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/18/2020  2:07 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

KP was always an injury risk and I said 2 yrs ago when he got injured that i wouldn't max him out until he came back and prove he could play at least 70 games..

The fatigue thing was enough for me to take him off the franchise talent list, the injuries was further proof that he wasn't a max player yet.

But hey, even 100% healthy players are sitting out for no real reason

You said that? You actually complimented FO in an ignorant manner . glad you owned up to it.
If you waited until until he played 70 games it would have been this season. After which he is a free agent. So you’d let him walk for nothing. Dennis and Two picks are better than nothing. One might say Randle by extension. Another outstanding display of stupidity.

Lost on some is the fine play of Hardaway who dropped 26 by the third quarter last night. Healthy and playing well.

JamesKPolk

1/18/2020  2:36 PM
fwk00 wrote:

I sometimes read this forum and I think certain people are living in an alternate dimension, where he Knicks are making consistently good moves and haven't been an embarrassment for 20 years. Posts like this - which are so far out of reality - are an example of that.

We didn't maximize Porzingis' value. Whether Porzingis plays another game or not is a moot point. He had value at the time of the trade and we didn't capitalize on it.

The guy who signed Hardaway to that contract made the trade. That contract sucked the moment it was signed. I don’t understand what your argument even is. There was no reason to use Porzingis to dump the contract - especially when we ended signing garbage. That’s worse than Walsh using a first round pick to dump Jeffries.

KP was called the 'unicorn' and lauded for his exemplary skill for a 7'3 big. An ACL injury dented his value, yes, but not to the level of getting some low level 1sts and a scrub back in return. The only reason we got a return like this is because we insisted on attaching garbage contracts to him in a trade so we could get under the cap and ultimately sign a worse player in Randle. If we had not attached bad contracts to Porzingis you get back MUCH more in value than we got from Dallas. Porzingis is still a 24 year old 3 point shooting, athletic 7'3 big man with shot blocking skills. I'm sure there's some resentment for the way Porzingis left but Porzingis was the Knicks best trade commodity and held high trade value in the league, no matter what you want to believe from the Knicks PR machine.

Blaming Fizdale on the roster moves is even more deluded than thinking the Porzingis trade was the best value trade we could make.

There was one thing we needed to do: Sign some shooters and show you can build a team that compliments each other.

You can tank and suck and still look like an NBA team that runs an offense and tries on defense. Instead our prized front office since a bunch of isolation players, non shooters, and poor defenders.

You have $70 million. Is there any explanation why you couldn’t find a PG who could shoot? What about someone that can shoot besides a journeyman backup like Ellington?

Has Scott Perry shown he can make even a barely passable trade or free agent signing since he’s been here? By that I mean, has he shown he actually knows how to put together a competent basketball team. I’m not talking wins and losses. You feel me? He hasn’t. Because he can’t. He fuxking sucks just like he did in Orlando. And that’s what we’re becoming.

Put it to you this way. The Knicks had $70 million to work with this offseason. These were their needs heading into this season: find a decent rotation point guard who can keep the defense honest with an outside shot, sign some wing shooters and a stretch 4/5, being in some capable perimeter defenders

Besides Ellington, and I’m being kind here since Ellington is a nothing signing and doesn’t matter at all since he shouldn’t be playing more than 10 mpg, they didn’t address any of the above needs. And the only need Ellington addressed is shooting.

Everyone else addressed nothing. Morris is redundant here. I would have rather thrown money at Oubre and not had Portis, Morris and Bullock. Maybe the Suns match, who knows. But Oubre is getting better and he can shoot. That’s just one example. That doesn’t matter anyway: the point of all of this is that no needs were addressed at all. To say you can’t address any needs with $70 million means you’re a miserable failure at your job. I don’t care if it’s a 1 day deal or a 5 year deal.

To make matters worse - awful isolation players that they brought in only hinder the development of guys like RJ. There’s no need to see Randle and Morris jack up 35-40 shots between them.

Once you come to the realization that Steve Mills, a franchise cancer for 20 years, and Scott Perry, who has absolutely nothing of note in his career, are not the right people to lead this franchise then we can have a logical discussion.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
JamesKPolk

1/18/2020  2:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/18/2020  2:38 PM
And no amount of +1's from anyone here will change the reality, by the way.

So tell Ruth the truth is so far out from reality that it's a fantasy.

fwk00
Member: #6048

1/18/2020  2:53 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

I agree with your general points, except for the bolded parts. I think it's pretty clear we didn't pass on Kyrie and KD's talents, but they passed on us. And it made sense. Despite the crap we hear from the talking heads, the fact is the Nets were a more competitive team and seemed ready to make the jump. So far, it looks like Kyrie and KD did us a favor. As talented as Kyrie is, he was probably the last thing they needed with Russell, Levert and Dinwiddie. And I'm not even bringing up chemistry. I'm not saying Russell is better than Kyrie. But he seemed to blend in with that team smoothly.

The fact is that the Nets had a chemistry that was unique and their FO went out and squashed it with the signings.

I don't believe a word of the nonsense that Durant and Kyrie say because it changes every other day. The Knicks wanted nothing to do with KI and Durant did a buddy dance when he couldn't get his way. Boo hoo. And good on our FO. It was no favor - it was a Godsend. By doing the right thing, the FO was rewarded by avoiding Durant's sh@tty contract as well. FO's all get extra credit for being lucky sometimes

Fact of the matter is that Dinwiddie will outplay KI over time - just empirically obvious at this point in time.

Nets were a team on the rise BEFORE those signings.

KP trade is only going to get worse for the Knicks...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy