[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KP trade is only going to get worse for the Knicks...
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/31/2019  11:43 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
doomed wrote:Trading KP for hot garbage was the worst thing this god forsaken franchise has done in the last 20 years. And it isn’t even close.

this is what happen when you trust anyone that went to Princeton

Bill Bradley

And shyt that gets you banned: Rebecca Haarlow went to Princeton. Ran track there.

AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/31/2019  11:47 AM
Nalod wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
doomed wrote:Trading KP for hot garbage was the worst thing this god forsaken franchise has done in the last 20 years. And it isn’t even close.

this is what happen when you trust anyone that went to Princeton

Bill Bradley

And shyt that gets you banned: Rebecca Haarlow went to Princeton. Ran track there.

touche

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
USA
12/31/2019  11:48 AM

Little to argue in the short sample since the trade. its bad. Gotta give it time to see what becomes of the cap space and the picks.
Also Randle is better than Timmy and CLee. In part, might add Julius to the trade? Kid is beasting. Im a fan, IM hopeful.

As for the worst? Beside what was mentioned I'd put Starbury trade up there. Steve Francis for Reezy was bad. Not franchise bad but it all adds up. Trading Craw and ZBo off a 23 win team made sense at the time. Zbo got in shape and matured. He was bad here.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/31/2019  12:19 PM
Nalod wrote:

Little to argue in the short sample since the trade. its bad. Gotta give it time to see what becomes of the cap space and the picks.
Also Randle is better than Timmy and CLee. In part, might add Julius to the trade? Kid is beasting. Im a fan, IM hopeful.

As for the worst? Beside what was mentioned I'd put Starbury trade up there. Steve Francis for Reezy was bad. Not franchise bad but it all adds up. Trading Craw and ZBo off a 23 win team made sense at the time. Zbo got in shape and matured. He was bad here.

The general consensus is the Bargs trade was the worst ever for Knicks.
KP trade is not even close as it was unavoidable.
At that moment his trade value was at all time low.
One can argue KP should be traded earlier when Phil wanted to do it.
But there is no prophet in his own land...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/31/2019  4:56 PM
Nalod wrote:

People seem to forget that the KP trade is the reason we can even have a sniff at guys like AD and KAT. When we go into trade talks, were no longer going in trying to pitch THJ, Courtney and whatever other crap for another teams star. We can offer solid picks and salary relief. We swung ad missed so far, but the game isn't over. Honestly, as good as KP has looked, he's still a borderline All Star. It's still too soon to say how good or bad this trade was either side

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
12/31/2019  7:03 PM
This guy needs to be locked up somehow.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
12/31/2019  8:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:This guy needs to be locked up somehow.

Wrong thread
CrushAlot
USA
12/31/2019  8:39 PM
CrushAlot
USA
1/1/2020  3:00 PM
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/2/2020  10:14 AM
yea I dont wish KP an injury riddled career to justify a trade. That being said when you consider his value its a factor. We'll see if its wear and tear and missing games or he just breaks down. Hope with a guy like that is you keep him to 30 minutes, hope to get 60ish games and healthy for the post season
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
CrushAlot
USA
1/2/2020  2:49 PM
KP is out again tonight.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/2/2020  2:58 PM
CrushAlot wrote:KP is out again tonight.

Last played 12/29 and this will be 2 games in a row he has missed, not a good sign for that knee.

I am a little surprised at how the Mavs have handled KP. I know he missed a back-to-back earlier but then had played one recently, a back-to-back against GSW and then LAL. No reason for him to play against GSW and I don't know why they haven't help KP out once every 10 games ala Kawhi.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
1/2/2020  3:09 PM
martin wrote:

Last played 12/29 and this will be 2 games in a row he has missed, not a good sign for that knee.

I am a little surprised at how the Mavs have handled KP. I know he missed a back-to-back earlier but then had played one recently, a back-to-back against GSW and then LAL. No reason for him to play against GSW and I don't know why they haven't help KP out once every 10 games ala Kawhi.

Fooking Steve Mills, that's why!
No??
Then Blame Janis!!! He is lobbying for KP to have the same role that Sean Bradley had in space jam 1!
No?
BLame it on the rain?
No?
Dolan!! Always Dolan!!!
No?
Phil!
No?

I dunno. Was it foretold by "RainmanDamus"? Nostradamus knick fan drunk uncle descendent who tells us all?

CrushAlot
USA
1/2/2020  4:42 PM
martin wrote:

Yeah that seems obvious. If they can have him play 60-70 games and be healthy for the post season they would be in good shape. He was questionable for the 12/29 game with a sore foot.
CrushAlot
USA
1/7/2020  6:24 PM
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/7/2020  6:26 PM
oh this means some of your panties are getting untwisted?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/7/2020  7:42 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Not even the All-Star break. And playing mostly second fiddle. Seems to happen around the same time every season, whatever the circumstances. This could be Gallo all over again. Traded a good, young player, before injuries really tanked their value.

blkexec
Member: #748
1/8/2020  6:49 AM
If KP wanted superstar money, and wanted out of NY? I wouldve traded him as well. Never thought he could carry a team like melo has been doing in his prime.

Injury prone
Wanted out of NY
Not a go to guy

Better to get something then to let him walk for nothing!

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
USA
1/8/2020  9:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/8/2020  9:30 AM
The title "Only going to get worse for knicks".......That after a nice Mav's run with KP at his best. "extrapolation" I have used this word before that one should never presume anyting in pro sports it static. Its always fluid with ebbs and flow to add intrigue. Its the nature of the beast.
At the time the OP made the statement, one could say "Its only going to get better". Why? Knicks responded to Miller and KP knee is balky.
What becomes from here? Who knows. Luka is the factor here. Kid is amazing.
That's said, maybe DSjr becomes Baron Davis as was hoped, and maybe we strike gold with the picks we received. one might say the cap space from Hardaway and Clee which in part diluted the trade yielded Morris or Randle. Hard to quantify which money gets used where but one can say Add Randle to the return from the cap space? Can say portis, Reggie, or Elf? I can say it, but its not quantifiable. For all we know, the Melo trade might be "we got Mitch for Melo!"......Hindsight. Maybe we build a statue of Mitch one day, and if so one for Perry as well for doing the deal! LOL, relax, just kidding.

Truth might be in hindsight when this title was created it was the low point. If so, then it only gets better for only one reason......It can't could not have gotten much worse.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/8/2020  10:30 AM
Maybe this thread is still alive, 5 years from now, when Cuban pulls the lightning in a jar trick again and KP gets a ring. Hugging and crying with retired Dirk at mid court. Then all the KP lovers can stand redeemed and exalted. Like Nazr Mohammed getting his ring with the Spurs, only much, much worse.

Given this board's hip low grade negativity and Knicks-self-loathing, that would seem more likely than DSJr becoming anything more than a really, really poor man's DRose Knicks tenure part Deux.

In any event, I'm still happy KP is gone.

"Things that can only get worse for the Knicks"... maybe threads like this merit their own Forum?

KP trade is only going to get worse for the Knicks...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy