[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KP trade is only going to get worse for the Knicks...
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/8/2020  2:48 PM
The clutch stats were never good here either. Not improving this year (read the tweets). He gets tired in the 4th. If this was his rebuild year then so be it. Kid is still young.
Was thinking of catching the game in Charlotte tonite but for sure won’t bother.
Max players need to close games. This was part of it. What’s done is done.
AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

2/8/2020  6:31 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Have to include the picks and prospect acquired with the cap space that was acquired with the KP trade. Two nickels don’t make a dime on a basketball roster. Have to hope the picks and DSJ turn into something down the road. Way too early to determine who won the trade but KP’s play, contract and injuries make it a debate even with DSJ having the worst 4 months of his career.

Knicks are the only team in the nba that 1st round picks are pretended to be worthless for. I agree, you can’t judge the trade fully until we know what the picks turn into, not sure why people are pretending 1st round picks are nothing.

The first Dallas pick could be worth something because its unprotected. If Doncic gets hurt we could get something out of it. The 2nd one is lottery protected that converts to a 2nd rounder which is just terrible.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
TLover
Member: #381
USA
2/13/2020  8:56 AM
If Luka & KP put up #’s like they did last night.. those picks we got will be worthless - especially for what we gave up.
stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

2/13/2020  9:32 AM
This is the thread that will never die. If KP sucks, we'll have KP haters saying 'I told you so'. If KP shines, we'll have other haters with the lolknicks shtick. It's tired. Move on.
The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/13/2020  10:34 AM
stanleybostitch wrote:This is the thread that will never die. If KP sucks, we'll have KP haters saying 'I told you so'. If KP shines, we'll have other haters with the lolknicks shtick. It's tired. Move on.

won't be over until we've used the 2023 pick and seen how that player turns out

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/13/2020  12:49 PM
smackeddog wrote:
stanleybostitch wrote:This is the thread that will never die. If KP sucks, we'll have KP haters saying 'I told you so'. If KP shines, we'll have other haters with the lolknicks shtick. It's tired. Move on.

It's a light switch.
Sing it with me:
When KP's wearing a suit for 10 games, nobody's making a sound.
A few good games, and the KP coulda woulda shoulda worms come out of the ground.

As long as DSJ continues to suck, it will never end until KP's knees force him into early retirement.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/13/2020  12:59 PM
smackeddog wrote:

that pick has all sorts of weird stipulations attached to it

NYK then receives either DAL 2023, 2024, or 2025 1st-round pick-- top-10 protected in all three years. If they haven't received 1st by 2025, they get Mavs 2025 2nd.

we got fleeced in that trade

ES
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/15/2020  9:49 AM
TLover wrote:If Luka & KP put up #’s like they did last night.. those picks we got will be worthless - especially for what we gave up.

You can get some great draft picks even late in a draft. The thing about the KP trade was the timeline. Now without him and with the starter they got back (not even a starter actually) draft assets, the Knicks will not be in contention for the playoffs for maybe 2-3 years more. They do not have an all-star on the roster, and likely will not get one any time soon.

I think at the very least they should have gotten back a player that would have been an all-star caliber guy, someone that could give the team a face even during the losing developing years. The team would be closer to being back in the playoffs. Even in trade talks for say all-star caliber guys like KP who we have missed out in like DAngelo Russell or even Towns when he was maybe available, or others, it would seem the Knicks would have to give up so much more than they got for Porzingis. That is what makes me laugh when fans defend Perry and Mills. If you go look at any all-star being traded to another team, the team all get much more than the Knicks got with Porzingis. The Warriors got Wiggins a 20 points a night starting wing, and a draft asset.

The Knicks got fleeced. Everyone but some select Knick fans know it.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/15/2020  9:54 AM
KPs career could end tomorrow and it was still a bad trade. Any players career can end or be altered with an injury. It is how you value the asset via trade. How you time the trade. If Mills and Perry had done a good job with this regarding KP, Knicks would have the draft assets they got from Dallas, but also a starting level player who would give you 15 to 20 points a night. Look at the Dallas team and their record this season vs last with a healthy KP. KP adds 10 wins a to team even with his flaws as a player. You have to know his value, and then wait it out and sell him at the right time. Many teams said they were not even aware that Porzingis was available. That is why Mills is out of a job now. Dolan finally saw how stupid the organization was being run by Mills.
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/15/2020  10:38 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:KPs career could end tomorrow and it was still a bad trade. Any players career can end or be altered with an injury. It is how you value the asset via trade. How you time the trade. If Mills and Perry had done a good job with this regarding KP, Knicks would have the draft assets they got from Dallas, but also a starting level player who would give you 15 to 20 points a night. Look at the Dallas team and their record this season vs last with a healthy KP. KP adds 10 wins a to team even with his flaws as a player. You have to know his value, and then wait it out and sell him at the right time. Many teams said they were not even aware that Porzingis was available. That is why Mills is out of a job now. Dolan finally saw how stupid the organization was being run by Mills.

You can't evaluate it until you see what players we draft

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/15/2020  10:50 AM
smackeddog wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:KPs career could end tomorrow and it was still a bad trade. Any players career can end or be altered with an injury. It is how you value the asset via trade. How you time the trade. If Mills and Perry had done a good job with this regarding KP, Knicks would have the draft assets they got from Dallas, but also a starting level player who would give you 15 to 20 points a night. Look at the Dallas team and their record this season vs last with a healthy KP. KP adds 10 wins a to team even with his flaws as a player. You have to know his value, and then wait it out and sell him at the right time. Many teams said they were not even aware that Porzingis was available. That is why Mills is out of a job now. Dolan finally saw how stupid the organization was being run by Mills.

You can't evaluate it until you see what players we draft

This. Three firsts and a second plus dsj and the guy the wiz gave up the rights to.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

2/15/2020  11:35 AM
TLover wrote:If Luka & KP put up #’s like they did last night.. those picks we got will be worthless - especially for what we gave up.

No 1st round pick is ever worthless. Yeah it's much tougher to to hit on your draft picks when they're in the 20's but definitely not worthless. They can be used to trade up to trade for more picks or to trade for players.

TLover
USA
2/27/2020  10:04 PM
It’s funny that Tim Hardaway Jr is the 2nd best player in the trade so far.
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/27/2020  10:21 PM
TLover wrote:It’s funny that Tim Hardaway Jr is the 2nd best player in the trade so far.

Timmy never really sucked as a player and he did improve every other year or so. When all is said and done he might go on to have a wonderful career. I didn't even think we overpaid him much if any on that contract.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/28/2020  8:19 AM
Timmy’s contract was way over blown as if it was a team cap killer. His injuries held him back and when KP broke when was our alpha. But he could not stay on the court. HE made 18mm a year avg, 75mm over 4 years. Avg wage for a starting NBA shooting guard. Not a great signing, but not the worst.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/28/2020  8:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/28/2020  8:38 AM
ramtour420 wrote:
TLover wrote:It’s funny that Tim Hardaway Jr is the 2nd best player in the trade so far.

Timmy never really sucked as a player and he did improve every other year or so. When all is said and done he might go on to have a wonderful career. I didn't even think we overpaid him much if any on that contract.

Mitch gives the Knicks more bang for the buck. Would rather have him on the roster going forward. We still dont know how those picks will be used. Cant judge the merits of the trade overall without knowing that.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/28/2020  8:50 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:

Mitch gives the Knicks more bang for the buck. Would rather have him on the roster going forward. We still dont know how those picks will be used. Cant judge the merits of the trade overall without knowing that.

Wait. maybe Im thinking of the Melo trade, time for coffee...

bigjeep8
Member: #3297

2/28/2020  10:07 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

NYK then receives either DAL 2023, 2024, or 2025 1st-round pick-- top-10 protected in all three years. If they haven't received 1st by 2025, they get Mavs 2025 2nd.

Yup, KP is playing like a true Super Star! Big numbers. Only question is Injuries. We lost out again. But did we really have a choice?

TLover
USA
2/28/2020  2:10 PM
bigjeep8 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Yup, KP is playing like a true Super Star! Big numbers. Only question is Injuries. We lost out again. But did we really have a choice?

Yes we did have a choice bc we still retained his rights. KP btw had an excellent surgeon who actually repaired my ACL in 1991. KP will be an all star for years to come and he’s only like 23.

The only reason why we didn’t have a choice was that KP would have eventually left bc of inept front office and baffoon owner.

knicks1248
Member: #582
2/28/2020  3:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/28/2020  3:35 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:

No 1st round pick is ever worthless. Yeah it's much tougher to to hit on your draft picks when they're in the 20's but definitely not worthless. They can be used to trade up to trade for more picks or to trade for players.

when have the knicks ever done that..maybe I T did?

I'm still waiting for the draft pick that can stick around in NY for more than 3 seasons..That hasn't happen since Lee and Nate 10 yrs ago, and those are the only 2 since john wallace and charlie ward.

So the knicks have developed just 4 payers in over 35 yrs...lmfao

ES
KP trade is only going to get worse for the Knicks...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy