[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If I’m Perry I’m not looking at contenders to trade Morris to
Author Thread
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

12/17/2019  1:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/17/2019  1:22 AM
I’d be looking at the teams that Morris would help make the playoffs or reassure playoffs.

1. Orlando
2. OKC
3. Portland
4. Charlotte
5. Phoenix
6. Detroit

One of those teams will be willing to give up a first for Morris plus they all have a prospect or two we could give burn to...

Let’s not dump Morris to a contender but a team that will think Morris will put them over the top. My bet is Portland, they have pressure to win now, and secretly they really aren’t good, which means we land a top 20 pick plus assets. With that said if we get a first and a decent one year player or guy on a good contract I’ll be happy

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/17/2019  6:31 AM
He is a Unrestricted free agent and team has to be committed to resigning him with little risk of him walking.
He reneges on verbal deals. He is a role player, not an allstar.
If exams are competing for him that sets the market. Many of the teams owns picks by the top teams.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/17/2019  7:24 AM
Nalod wrote:He is a Unrestricted free agent and team has to be committed to resigning him with little risk of him walking.
If exams are competing for him that sets the market. Many of the teams owns picks by the top teams.

Yeah, I keep forgetting that he is a free agent this Summer. No fringe team is going to give up assets for a first round exit and a lost FA. It’s going to have to either be us keeping him or giving him for a late first rounder and/or an ok young player.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/17/2019  7:34 AM
Just keep him. He’s been our best shooter, best scorer, one of our best defenders, and emotional leader. All while playing out of position. Move Randle and play him at the 4 and we become a much better team.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/17/2019  8:34 AM
Knixkik wrote:Just keep him. He’s been our best shooter, best scorer, one of our best defenders, and emotional leader. All while playing out of position. Move Randle and play him at the 4 and we become a much better team.

They don't even realize we have been doing that stupid sht for 6 ys, and it's amount to 6, 50+ loss seasons, and haven't drafted a game changer yet

Trade away the best players, and start all over next season, and round and round we go, that's the mills way.

How about keep your best players and add better complimentary players

ES
knicks1248
12/17/2019  8:40 AM

Perry has been part of 13 straight losing campaigns, do you really think he knows what he's doing.

After fumbling the melo and the KP trades, and blowing through 74 million dollars you still want perry to make moves for you..OOOKAY

ES
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

12/17/2019  8:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/17/2019  8:49 AM
Knixkik wrote:Just keep him. He’s been our best shooter, best scorer, one of our best defenders, and emotional leader. All while playing out of position. Move Randle and play him at the 4 and we become a much better team.

Agree with this. We need to keep guys that show they can play here. Said on another thread, if you extend him a couple of years, he would also have more value if you decided to trade him down the line.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/17/2019  8:53 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

Agree with this. We need to keep guys that show they can play here. Said on another thrrad that if you extend him a couple of years, he would have more value if you decided to trade him down the line.

I guess it depends. We're not good enough to say anyone is off the table. If the Clippers give us a pick we have to consider it. We're going to have to give up two, maybe one of we're lucky, first rounder for Masai. I like Morris, but we're still very much in the rebuilding phase. And Randle is starting to look better now. Who says we won't have the opportunity to trade both for assets.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Chandler
Member: #6197

12/17/2019  9:09 AM
something didn't add up this past offseason for Morris. Somehow his market seemed light. The Spurs deal was like 10/year which seems way low for his skills

He is obviously playing to get the same or more as he's getting from us (15); so we need to take that into consideration, i.e., contract years often bring out the best in a player

If we were smart we would be trading him to the highest bidder. Period. Let the market sort that out. We shouldn't be targeting any particular teams.

It would hurt us to trade him but it would also be smart because we're selling "high". (Not that i expect this from the same FO that sold KP low -- i.e., when injured, disgruntled etc.)

(5)(5)
Knixkik
USA
12/17/2019  9:12 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

They don't even realize we have been doing that stupid sht for 6 ys, and it's amount to 6, 50+ loss seasons, and haven't drafted a game changer yet

Trade away the best players, and start all over next season, and round and round we go, that's the mills way.

How about keep your best players and add better complimentary players

Yes. We should be trying to keep our best players and add more players like him. And let's be honest, it's rare to find players that actually come to NY and excel.
Knixkik
USA
12/17/2019  9:12 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

Agree with this. We need to keep guys that show they can play here. Said on another thread, if you extend him a couple of years, he would also have more value if you decided to trade him down the line.

Yes, exactly right!

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/17/2019  9:14 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

I'm in the Keep Morris camp - he seems to want to be here, has performed in the NY lights (granted without much in the way of winning, but that is separate.)

I'd call his agent- can they extend him now? and find out - does he want to go to a contender? I'd move him as a favor, not because he's an 'asset'. I want to do right by people - he came here, opted not to go to Pop and San Antonio.

shinmen
Member: #6029
France
12/17/2019  9:16 AM
Keeping Morris is a good option provided he's signing a reasonable extension with us for max 2 years before the trade deadline. Otherwise, despite what he is saying, he won't stay at the end of the year and we would not have capitalized on him as an asset.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/17/2019  9:23 AM
Nalod wrote:He is a Unrestricted free agent and team has to be committed to resigning him with little risk of him walking.

I'm always scared to use that word on basketball forums

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/17/2019  9:23 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

Perry has been part of 13 straight losing campaigns, do you really think he knows what he's doing.

After fumbling the melo and the KP trades, and blowing through 74 million dollars you still want perry to make moves for you..OOOKAY

that's a bit like saying Michael Jordan at age 25 and 5 seasons owned a .500 record and was never going to amount to anything.

I disagree about the Melo and KP trades. You have to grade them on what was available at the time.

Melo was a phenomenal trade. We got something (Robinson) for basically nothing.

And KP - while DSjr looks like complete garbage right now, he did not at the time. We still have 2 first rounders, and we cleared cap that eventually turned into a mix bag of Morris, Randle & some other players that probably don't stick.

And without that trade, who knows - maybe we lose KP for nothing - then how would that look?

Give Perry a chance - that is what has crippled NY and their efforts to rebuild.

BigDaddyG

12/17/2019  9:25 AM
shinmen wrote:Keeping Morris is a good option provided he's signing a reasonable extension with us for max 2 years before the trade deadline. Otherwise, despite what he is saying, he won't stay at the end of the year and we would not have capitalized on him as an asset.

This is all true. I'm not saying we should go out our way to trade Morris, but we've got to keep moving forward with the rebuild. Morris is good but no one should be considered untouchable, including the front office. If
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
12/17/2019  10:24 AM
franco12 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

that's a bit like saying Michael Jordan at age 25 and 5 seasons owned a .500 record and was never going to amount to anything.

I disagree about the Melo and KP trades. You have to grade them on what was available at the time.

Melo was a phenomenal trade. We got something (Robinson) for basically nothing.

And KP - while DSjr looks like complete garbage right now, he did not at the time. We still have 2 first rounders, and we cleared cap that eventually turned into a mix bag of Morris, Randle & some other players that probably don't stick.

And without that trade, who knows - maybe we lose KP for nothing - then how would that look?

Give Perry a chance - that is what has crippled NY and their efforts to rebuild.

When was the last time you seen perry conduct an interview about the state of the knicks by himself....how about NEVER.

Did you really compare MJ situation to perry...Perry has been a bad exec for over a decade and he's here for the Money and Title.

The Kings hired him to be assistant VP of basketball operations..basically he's George Costanza working for the yankees..

Melo a Phenomenal deal????wtf You got a second round pick for a HOF..

ES
OldFan
Member: #446
12/17/2019  10:39 AM
I think you have to seriously consider trading Morris if you can get a first rounder. If I thought we could sign him for the future without overpaying I would like to keep him but I think that is very unlikely. Morris, is here on a one year deal and it's an ideal situation for him he gets to play a lead role and build his value. Next year this is no longer an ideal situation and we are competing with a lot of teams to retain his services.
Knixkik
USA
12/17/2019  10:48 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

Did he fumble the Melo deal? Seems like he was put into a tough situation there and turned it into Mitchell Robinson.

BigDaddyG

12/17/2019  10:57 AM
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Did he fumble the Melo deal? Seems like he was put into a tough situation there and turned it into Mitchell Robinson.

I thought Perry saved Mills from getting violated in the Melo deal, unless people think we missed out by not trading Ryan Anderson.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy