[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Fizdale on the hot seat? Knick impromptu presser after the loss to Cleveland?
Author Thread
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/12/2019  8:08 AM
Wow, after catching up to the drama, all this rodeo seems too familiar.

Its really getting tiring that the most entertaining thing this franchise can do is create turmoil and then sell empty hope until the next turmoil.

This stupid press conference has given the media all the gasoline it needed to start turning this into a war zone. So Mills is the true evil now? Perry regrets coming here? Fiz is becoming a martyr regardless of how badly he has coached? And Dolan thinks acting up will turn him into the savior?

Meanwhile the roster remains flawed, with no system in place, no trusty point guard and no help coming soon.

Damn, consistency is the LEAST of out problems! We have been consistently an embarrassment for a long time now.

Knicks_Fan
AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

11/12/2019  8:15 AM
TheGame wrote:
shinmen wrote:
TheGame wrote:Firing Fiz at this point would be silly. This roster is flawed. You hired the guy, so you have to give him a fair chance. We just had a great win in Dallas, now one game later we want to fire the coach. That press conference was a bad move. Let Fiz finish the season and evaluate him then. Worse case scenario, the team continues to suck, we get another top-5 pick and we finally draft a pg who can run the team for the next 10 years.
Even Mills would not survive another season like last year after their offseason spendings. The narrative is not to only develop the youth and tank for Zion but to install a winning culture. That means at least compete in games.
Fiz doesn't seem to be a good coach. It's time for yet another change.
No disputes that we probably need to clean house at the end of the season but my point is that firing Fizdale now makes no sense. It is better to let the season play out. If the team improves, so be it. If the team does not, then you fire Mills, Perry, and Fizdale and start over.

But if they’re convinced roster isn’t this bad doesn’t it make sense to change coaches and see if a new coach can get more out of the team

Or if ur in full reboot to at least develop younger player

Fizz was hired as a lure for FAs. Something that didn’t work out and is unlikely to change

(5)(5)
fwk00
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6048

11/12/2019  9:15 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/12/2019  9:15 AM
franco12 wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Good work here by Berman.

I agree with some of this. But I find it hard to believe that Perry/Mills crafted this roster without feedback from Fix. One of the things they touted during the Fiz hiring was his comparability with front office. Is it too soon to fire Fiz? Yeah, probably. Does he need to improve? Heck yeah. I knew we were probably a 30 win team, maybe a little better if everything works right. The problem isn't that Morris is miscast at SF. The problem is our coach hasn't rein him in. Is Randle really this trash? The dude was getting better his last two years. Same with Payton. But they've gotten away from what made them solid NBA players. Do I blame them? I'm sure they'd like to run more two-man plays. Why not try that more when Payton gets healthy. I'm high on RJ, but it was unfair to put him in the position of lead intiator when you're trying to win games. Do we have stars? No, but we have solid role players who've shown that they can perform at the right level in the right role. They just need a coach who can put them there.

I thought the FO had an inspired summer.

First they dodged signing the twin albatrosses [KI and Durant].

Second, they did analyze the gold standard attributes of FA who were out of reach AND identify the next best performing players who were available.

Randle, Gibson, Portis, Ellington, and so on all represent highly desirable players who, though not superstars, can deliver results if coached correctly. [Personally, I think Fizdale is a fail in this regard].

Fizdale reminds me of Bill Clinton in that by hugging the FO so tightly, they are mistaken for the same vision. I'm not so sure. Perry certainly added some players who fit the lunch-pail profile Memphis had under Fizdale so there is at least that.

Randle is not trash but he can't become a caricature of Melo - that's just cruel. Morris is the better option of the two.

Time to recalibrate the roster just a hair.

I agree with this a bit. I like the FO moves so far. The only criticism that you can lay on them is what they did as far as the PG position. They should have retained Mudiay at a minimum. Yes, 4 PG's might have been excessive, but the three we have all had really giant question marks on them.

As far as Fizdale, I've liked the guy from day 1. I thought he did a good job last year motivating the team. And he is probably a better motivator than x & o's guy. And maybe instead of firing Fizdale, they should insist on some additions to the bench. Bring in some former HC that is happy to be in the back just installing and running a better offensive system.

Rather than fire him he should be demoted to assistant coach where he might thrive. This would be an innovation in basketball where firing is always the cure.

Promote Mills. Fizdale broke the organizational continuity last year that Phil established which promoted the Winchester Knicks emulating the style of the parent team. When Fiz turned last year into a free-for-all that broke. It needs to be restored.

Fizdale on the hot seat? Knick impromptu presser after the loss to Cleveland?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy