[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Fizdale on the hot seat? Knick impromptu presser after the loss to Cleveland?
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/11/2019  1:16 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:Spare us the conference and just make the move already. Just another tactic to waste time. Bad hires cost the organization and fan base time. Get a good coach that has the ability to teach and develop talent. Since it is a middle of the year hire it looks like Mike Miller is the teams best bet.

Would be a bad idea to fire Fizdale so soon, because other potential candidates for Fizdale's job will be watching. They will know that Fizdale was fired with Smith jr. and Payton on the bench. They will likely figure Fizdale wasnt given a fair shot. If Miller replaced him, and for whatever th3 reason, didnt work out. They fire Fizdale now, expect good coaches to be wary of NY. Probably are already.

Good coaches would be wary of the Knicks because we fired an overmatched one? I agree coaches would be wary of the Knicks, but not because we fired Fiz.

Overmatched in part because arguably his two best PGs (when they are on their game) have been out for an extended period. We have the nunber 3 PG in the rotation, and a rookie SG, trying to pick up the slack. Would have gone deeper in the bench for help, but it doesnt cbange the fact that we are short 2 PGs. If they were to rejoin the team, and after getting tbeir legs back, still see the effort lacking, firing the coach isnt out of the ordinary. Doing it just a handful of games into the season, with 2 important players hurt, would be.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/11/2019  1:21 PM
I know its reported as the knicks choose Fiz over Bud but its crazy to think Bud would have passed over the Bucks to coach the Knicks. Anyone in there right mind making 5mm a year would choose NYC over Milwaukee but I suspect logic says:
Fiz got a 3 year deal here. Bud got 4 in Milwaukee. Bud might have insisted on 5 to coach this shyt show which management might not wanted to give. I know it looks bad now but what if Fiz had a 5 year deal instead of the three he got? Fiz had less leverage for sure, but Bud came off a 24 win season himself and ATL with new owners moved his president title off and did not want to pay him and yet he was still one of the lowest paid coaches in the NBA.
He also might have wanted more input on personal decisions. Again, in retrospect that could not be a negative given what we know now but Perry just got here had the pulp in his juice card to not give that. Lets be real, Fiz was in demand at the time also. Thus Knicks passed on Bud but we always assume (with good reason) the worst from knicks.
I liked Bud and wanted him here. One vs the other? At the time both were fresh good young guys. Both had experienced the highs and lows of the job. The buzz around Fiz was players would line up to play for him. I still contend that if KP returned reasonable last year Durant comes. No basis really. KP got woke and KD got Broke.
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/11/2019  1:24 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:Spare us the conference and just make the move already. Just another tactic to waste time. Bad hires cost the organization and fan base time. Get a good coach that has the ability to teach and develop talent. Since it is a middle of the year hire it looks like Mike Miller is the teams best bet.

Would be a bad idea to fire Fizdale so soon, because other potential candidates for Fizdale's job will be watching. They will know that Fizdale was fired with Smith jr. and Payton on the bench. They will likely figure Fizdale wasnt given a fair shot. If Miller replaced him, and for whatever th3 reason, didnt work out. They fire Fizdale now, expect good coaches to be wary of NY. Probably are already.

Good coaches would be wary of the Knicks because we fired an overmatched one? I agree coaches would be wary of the Knicks, but not because we fired Fiz.

Overmatched in part because arguably his two best PGs (when they are on their game) have been out for an extended period. We have the nunber 3 PG in the rotation, and a rookie SG, trying to pick up the slack. Would have gone deeper in the bench for help, but it doesnt cbange the fact that we are short 2 PGs. If they were to rejoin the team, and after getting tbeir legs back, still see the effort lacking, firing the coach isnt out of the ordinary. Doing it just a handful of games into the season, with 2 important players hurt, would be.

I agree. Also, the Knicks are short three point guards because Kadeem is also out. I thought he ran the team well last spring. It’s disappointing that he isn’t healthy enough to take advantage of this opportunity.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

11/11/2019  1:29 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Papabear Says

You have a bad team. A bunch of wanna bea's. #2 They can't shoot. We don't have one player we can depend on. Yes every now and then we will get a win from a play-off bound team. Let me put is this way they can't or don't know how to beat a team that they should beat because they are out of sync and no one is in control on the court. They start jacking up 3 pointers and 3 POINT SHOOTING SUCKS. i don't know how the knicks pick there players but it's always the same old way. Players who are has beens or either never were.

Papabear
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/11/2019  1:36 PM
The knicks need a coach that just wins in all aspects.... I saw a team last night that didn’t respect the coaching staff coming out in cruse control zero intensity... seems to me that there is zero accountability for not playing hard. David should have pulled his starters in the first 3 minutes to prove a point.

The play calling is unacceptable going East and west running the same play over and over again.

Coaching staff is lacking common sense with subbing players last night we made a run to end the third and fiz benches our two players making the run for over 6 minutes ! The game was already toast when he brought them back in. I understand resting players but you play to win the game.

I like Mike Miller the guy is a winner at every level he’s coached at, I also wouldn’t mind a tough love coach like thibs.

One thing is for sure fiz has to go.

And we need to hire a proven winner someone who will build a winning culture for years to come.

Get it done Mills your time is running out too

houston20
Member: #8797

11/11/2019  1:39 PM
Nalod wrote:I know its reported as the knicks choose Fiz over Bud but its crazy to think Bud would have passed over the Bucks to coach the Knicks. Anyone in there right mind making 5mm a year would choose NYC over Milwaukee but I suspect logic says:
Fiz got a 3 year deal here. Bud got 4 in Milwaukee. Bud might have insisted on 5 to coach this shyt show which management might not wanted to give. I know it looks bad now but what if Fiz had a 5 year deal instead of the three he got? Fiz had less leverage for sure, but Bud came off a 24 win season himself and ATL with new owners moved his president title off and did not want to pay him and yet he was still one of the lowest paid coaches in the NBA.
He also might have wanted more input on personal decisions. Again, in retrospect that could not be a negative given what we know now but Perry just got here had the pulp in his juice card to not give that. Lets be real, Fiz was in demand at the time also. Thus Knicks passed on Bud but we always assume (with good reason) the worst from knicks.
I liked Bud and wanted him here. One vs the other? At the time both were fresh good young guys. Both had experienced the highs and lows of the job. The buzz around Fiz was players would line up to play for him. I still contend that if KP returned reasonable last year Durant comes. No basis really. KP got woke and KD got Broke.

The thing is bud didn't want to tank that's why he left the hawks and didn't come to nyc.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/11/2019  1:53 PM
houston20 wrote:
Nalod wrote:I know its reported as the knicks choose Fiz over Bud but its crazy to think Bud would have passed over the Bucks to coach the Knicks. Anyone in there right mind making 5mm a year would choose NYC over Milwaukee but I suspect logic says:

The thing is bud didn't want to tank that's why he left the hawks and didn't come to nyc.

The story is Knicks passed on Bud. Easy version is "knicks suck and is stupid". True as it is, there must have been reasons to make that decision. We don't get that kind of perspective as fans. I just glued together a logic theory based on what transpired.

Mills and Perry are sharp guys. Their Shyt is not working out though.

smackeddog
Member: #883
11/11/2019  1:54 PM
The bottom line is that the roster is an awful fit and no coaching change is going to change that. Think Perry and Mills will get fired in the offseason and we'll go after Morey once the rockets fire him
shinmen
Member: #6029
France
11/11/2019  2:17 PM
smackeddog wrote:The bottom line is that the roster is an awful fit and no coaching change is going to change that. Think Perry and Mills will get fired in the offseason and we'll go after Morey once the rockets fire him
I disagree. I like the offseason signings. We needed 3pts shooting, veteran leadership. Portis is a 40% 3pt shooter, Ellington 38%, Bullock 38% and Morris, randle and Gibson 30% ish. Morris and Gibson are good veterans.
My problem with fidz is absolutely all are offseason signings have seen their shooting % drop like 10%. This cannot be a coincidence. They are not used effectively. I cannot believe that all of them came here to coast at the same time. Randle is better than he s showing.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/11/2019  2:18 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I agree. Also, the Knicks are short three point guards because Kadeem is also out. I thought he ran the team well last spring. It’s disappointing that he isn’t healthy enough to take advantage of this opportunity.

We're short point guards yes, but his rotations have been a mess even when they were present. The Grizzlies seemed to be fine after they got rid of Fiz. I don't think we should fire him now, but we should be looking at Mike Miller at around All-Star break if things don't get better.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/11/2019  2:20 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

The front office interviewed a lot of candidates including Budenholzer before choosing Fiz. Maybe it was just because they thought there would be more money taking the Knicks job but the procee that got Fiz looked nothing like the Lakers coaching search.

Yet, the Lakers did wind up with a more proven coach in the end. And I'm not talking about LeBron.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/11/2019  2:26 PM
houston20 wrote:

THat's not what's reported. He wanted NYC and only went to Bucks after we hired Fizz

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/11/2019  2:36 PM

All conjecture, but i can't imagine Dolan kept his ire limited to Fizz. I suspect it was more along the lines of this is your roster and your coach and its failing. Message being no one is safe

Perry and Mill like the roster, so must be Fizz's fault. Mills generally survives these things. That's his real skill

We can blame the pg situation. That was a problem FO shouldhave fixed. But keep in mind a lot of teams run their offense through players other than pg. Its an awkward roster for sure, but there are a lot of vets. They're not rookies. They shouldn't be this clumsy. Fizz may be a great guy to have a beer with but he is a horribly bad coach, whether you measure by player development or wins

Personally i thinkthe team has tuned him out. I also have to imagine that Mills/Perry advocated for FIzz as a better magnet for superstar FA (who doesn't like a quick fix). That didn't pan out and I suspect Dolan is blaming FO or Fizz for that

Fizz is a goner. Please don't hire Mark Jackson or JVG -- not what we need.

(5)(5)
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/11/2019  2:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/11/2019  2:47 PM
If you have NBA league pass, try listening to the opposing teams commentators, they trash the Knicks summer as being the most confusing and ridiculous overhaul of a roster. Identifying our pickups as rejects from other teams, and bench players..that's a direct shot at Perry and mills.

Fiz is way over his head, he doesn't have the IQ or the staff to make this work. A direct reflection on the Gm.

I've been saying it for yrs, the minute we hired mills, we started back losing, and that has not changed. He's the biggest embarrassment this franchise ever hired.

Fiz perry and Mills, have not changed the culture, have not been able to attract anyone worth mentioning, we're not a defensive team, we're not an offensive team, were not bullying anyone, and we are so unprepared almost every night..

You can't fire fiz without firing mills or perry, if not both since they claimed to collaborate on everything

ES
PassTheBall
Member: #5872
Norway
11/11/2019  3:42 PM
shinmen wrote:
smackeddog wrote:The bottom line is that the roster is an awful fit and no coaching change is going to change that. Think Perry and Mills will get fired in the offseason and we'll go after Morey once the rockets fire him
I disagree. I like the offseason signings. We needed 3pts shooting, veteran leadership. Portis is a 40% 3pt shooter, Ellington 38%, Bullock 38% and Morris, randle and Gibson 30% ish. Morris and Gibson are good veterans.
My problem with fidz is absolutely all are offseason signings have seen their shooting % drop like 10%. This cannot be a coincidence. They are not used effectively. I cannot believe that all of them came here to coast at the same time. Randle is better than he s showing.

Agreed. Fizdale is not getting the most out of the players. Something is wrong. The basketball being played is unwatchable.

/PassTheBall
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/11/2019  3:53 PM
shinmen wrote:

Knick players rarely get open looks at the 3 or even in the paint. NO one cuts to the hoop except for RJ and he has stopped doing it...thus he is struggling!!!

Its so clear to see its ridiculous!

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/11/2019  3:54 PM
knicks1248 wrote:If you have NBA league pass, try listening to the opposing teams commentators, they trash the Knicks summer as being the most confusing and ridiculous overhaul of a roster. Identifying our pickups as rejects from other teams, and bench players..that's a direct shot at Perry and mills.

Fiz is way over his head, he doesn't have the IQ or the staff to make this work. A direct reflection on the Gm.

I've been saying it for yrs, the minute we hired mills, we started back losing, and that has not changed. He's the biggest embarrassment this franchise ever hired.

Fiz perry and Mills, have not changed the culture, have not been able to attract anyone worth mentioning, we're not a defensive team, we're not an offensive team, were not bullying anyone, and we are so unprepared almost every night..

You can't fire fiz without firing mills or perry, if not both since they claimed to collaborate on everything

Mills and Fiz need to go. Perry is given the keys for the next 1.5 years. Bring in the GLeague coach and see what happens.

Let Perry know if you don't win, you are out too.

Other teams and coaches are winning with less.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
11/11/2019  4:02 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:If you have NBA league pass, try listening to the opposing teams commentators, they trash the Knicks summer as being the most confusing and ridiculous overhaul of a roster. Identifying our pickups as rejects from other teams, and bench players..that's a direct shot at Perry and mills.

Mills and Fiz need to go. Perry is given the keys for the next 1.5 years. Bring in the GLeague coach and see what happens.

i kind of agree. enough mills already. it's amazing this guy is still around.

give perry the power if we can't get musai.

MS
Member: #724
11/11/2019  4:12 PM
Our offseason sucked.

We overpaid guys 2x outside of Morris and Randle. None of the other players were in high demand.

People need to know their roles and no one has any ideas if they are playing or not.

Dotson is a quality rotation piece. He should be getting 20 minutes a night, both him and Frank make up a nice defensive backcourt. We were literally starting a team with no shooting to start the season.

Everyone thought we should have absorbed contracts and taken back picks to help set up a future trade.

I think KP playing well and the Knicks off to such a pathetic start is the biggest reason the heat is on. Our front office looks like clowns because of it.

We panicked and traded him to early, just like we panicked and signed all these marginal role players the first night of free agency.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/11/2019  4:24 PM
anrst wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:

i kind of agree. enough mills already. it's amazing this guy is still around.

give perry the power if we can't get musai.

Perry has done nothing here made mistakes all over the place. He brought in 4 power forwards and 4 point guards all the dude has done is exacerbate the situation with repetitive positional moves.

Fizdale on the hot seat? Knick impromptu presser after the loss to Cleveland?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy