[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Storming the Castle with no King: 11/10 Cleveland-Knicks Gamethread
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/10/2019  10:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/10/2019  10:26 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
TheGame wrote:This game was just crazy. No fight at all. Only and Dotson seem to understand how to defend. Knox looks lost on defense and Randle is handling the too much. Frank needs ri get ore assertive. He only took 4 shots the whole game. He needs to stop deferring to Randle and go get the ball and create. He still is not comfortable going against smaller and quicker pgs. We need to really get out of this ISO offense and the Randle going full speed down the lane offense. That cannot be the best we can do. Randle was not as bad today but he killed ball movement and only had 1 assist.

Frank has trouble guarding PGs like Sexton because they make defenders have to move laterally to stay in front of them. To be fair, PGs that fast can do it to almost anyone. Thats when you need the PG to be able to do some scoring of his own to keep pace. Frank has yet to show an ability to do that night in and out. Thats starting PG stuff.

Pretty much...After the game he had against Dallas offensive end, I was hoping he would build on it and be even more aggressive with the ball. Instead, he reverted back to being passive. On a couple of occasions, he gave up the ball to Randle before he even crossed half court....Would have liked to see him punish those smaller guards.

AUTOADVERT
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

11/11/2019  1:52 AM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
TheGame wrote:This game was just crazy. No fight at all. Only and Dotson seem to understand how to defend. Knox looks lost on defense and Randle is handling the too much. Frank needs ri get ore assertive. He only took 4 shots the whole game. He needs to stop deferring to Randle and go get the ball and create. He still is not comfortable going against smaller and quicker pgs. We need to really get out of this ISO offense and the Randle going full speed down the lane offense. That cannot be the best we can do. Randle was not as bad today but he killed ball movement and only had 1 assist.

Frank has trouble guarding PGs like Sexton because they make defenders have to move laterally to stay in front of them. To be fair, PGs that fast can do it to almost anyone. Thats when you need the PG to be able to do some scoring of his own to keep pace. Frank has yet to show an ability to do that night in and out. Thats starting PG stuff.

Pretty much...After the game he had against Dallas offensive end, I was hoping he would build on it and be even more aggressive with the ball. Instead, he reverted back to being passive. On a couple of occasions, he gave up the ball to Randle before he even crossed half court....Would have liked to see him punish those smaller guards.

I'm glad someone notice who was coaching tonight .. Morris & Randle's ISO ball-hogging the ball throughout every offensive-possession in the game, I don't recall either screening or picking for any of their teammates. Our clueless head-coach #1 plan should have been letting our 6.7 tandem guards Frank & RJ go one on one against Cavs small guards Sexton & Garland. Who coach this game? Fiz? Randle? Morris?

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/11/2019  4:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/11/2019  4:26 AM
So, are we talking about the elephant in the room... I mean, the front office in the press room?

This might seem rare and pointless as there is no quick fix in sight, but then trying to keep communication with fans through media gets some points for effort. Mostly should serve as a sign Fiz IS in the hot seat and if they are willing to come out and talk themselves after 10 games, it shouldn’t take long for them to act of things continue. The seed of disappointment has been planted for the fans and the media to see.

This team gets to 4-16 with many blowouts in the process, Fiz is gone.

Knicks_Fan
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/11/2019  7:13 AM
Fizdale needs to get rid of that set the offense going east and west crap. He hinders the offense by making his PGs, not just Frank, to bring the ball up then pass to the wing and set a down screen. Every ****ing time. Then Randle or Morris takes turn initiating the offense going ISO. This is really stupid.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/11/2019  8:15 AM
NYKBocker wrote:Fizdale needs to get rid of that set the offense going east and west crap. He hinders the offense by making his PGs, not just Frank, to bring the ball up then pass to the wing and set a down screen. Every ****ing time. Then Randle or Morris takes turn initiating the offense going ISO. This is really stupid.

I agree let the guards handle the ball. Randle and Morris shold be getting into a position down low. In the post both can score.

stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

11/11/2019  9:10 AM
Re: the gamethread title, turns out it's Cleveland who did the storming, and we're the ones with no king (star player/good coach/FO/owner). We're aimless out there.
The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/11/2019  9:16 AM
stanleybostitch wrote:Re: the gamethread title, turns out it's Cleveland who did the storming, and we're the ones with no king (star player/good coach/FO/owner). We're aimless out there.
FYI. You are in danger of losing your game thread creation priveledges.
cooch2584
Member: #1187

11/11/2019  9:26 AM
It hard to do to me but after this game Im at a losss for words and thats a rareity
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/11/2019  9:38 AM
NYKBocker wrote:Fizdale needs to get rid of that set the offense going east and west crap. He hinders the offense by making his PGs, not just Frank, to bring the ball up then pass to the wing and set a down screen. Every ****ing time. Then Randle or Morris takes turn initiating the offense going ISO. This is really stupid.
Exactly. I think that’s why Frank went back to defeating last night. Hell I saw Randle bring the ball up more than our point guard lol. That’s a coaching thing. I think Fizdale has good qualities and players usually play hard for him but he may simply not be a head coach
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/12/2019  9:40 AM
Marv wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:Wiseman, Anthony or Edwards > Knicks win over CLE.

Think big picture dummies.

wow a tank stan. hope u got another 10 years available for your long game dummy.

lol I'm just getting to read this thread.

And dummy is what happens after 15 years of team loses and you just don't even have the energy to call someone a bad name

I'm just gonna assume you are spent from all of the women and booze and can't get it up for the smack talking

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/12/2019  9:40 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
stanleybostitch wrote:Re: the gamethread title, turns out it's Cleveland who did the storming, and we're the ones with no king (star player/good coach/FO/owner). We're aimless out there.
FYI. You are in danger of losing your game thread creation priveledges.

Yes, noted

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Storming the Castle with no King: 11/10 Cleveland-Knicks Gamethread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy